Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria (51070 Views)

Which Federal University Is The Cheapest In Nigeria? / Which Federal Polytechnic Is D Cheapest In Nigeria / Which Private University Is The Cheapest In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2010
dayokanu:

I graduated in 2004

1997/98 Freshman yr- Tuition 1500 Accomodation 590

1998/99 Tuition 500, Acomodation 90

1999/2000 Tuition 500 Acomodation 90

2000/2001 Tuition 550 Accomodation 90

2001/2002 No Academic session in OAU

2002/2003 I don forget cos dem increase fees

Ha DK, I had always thought I didn't meet you in Ife o.
Let me take it from here:

I entered in 2001.

2001/2002 We jambites: School fees - 1050, Hostel fees - 90; I know you returning students paid 500 as school fees
2002/2003 No session
2003/2004 Can't remember school fees but less than N3000 and it was war before students agreed; hostel fees also jerked up to 2590
2003/2004 Same thing I think
2005/2006 Departmental and other charges introduced, total fees (school plus ranged from 7500 to about 18000, depending on faculty. I paid 7590 as a faculty of social sciences student.

Altogether, I paid less than 20,000 as school and hostel fees from years 1 to 4. But of course, I bought hostel spaces, unofficially from co-students, in years 2 and 3 for about 5000 per session.

NB: DK, 2000/2001 and 2002/2003 were the cancelled sessions in OAU.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by bobobabe: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2010
na OAU of course because i can remember vividly that i paid 1000 for first yr fees and 90 naira for accomodation, other yrs down to final yr was 500 naira each and this school carry weight even outside the country.
Big thank you to the visionary leader---------Pa Chief Obafemi Awolowo for using cocoa money for this university.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2010
afanda:

I think UNISOK is d cheapest! Graduated in d year 2004; paid less than 40k!!!
This is double what I paid from years 1 to 4 in OAU, 2001-2006!

odiaero:

u dont know about the cheapest, but u think is OAU see confusion
No confusion. Know=sure. Think means has an idea but not sure. So you can 'not know' and still 'think'.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2010
tjadeba:

I wonder o! Pls inform us about the current rates
I am sure OAU couldn't ahve gone so bad that school fees would ahve crossed 20,000 for at least least paying faculty.
obstead200:

I really dont think u guys are correct.
There is no way the cheapest federal university will be in the southwest.

where are the northerners on NL? please come up with your prices so that these posters can see! the cheapest University in Nigeria is BOUND to be in the north. Remember their government has to practically beg them to go to school (i.e until very recently.)

Mind u, I'm an Igbo man.
Not necessarily so. The govt pay them bursaries, not fix their school fees.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2010
FUAM is the cheapest. I paid a total of N2,150.00 from first yr to final yr. Though i dont know how that place is now since 2003 I left the place but I still think it is a relatively cheap institution.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
macfarland:

FUAM is the cheapest. I paid a total of N2,150.00 from first yr to final yr. Though i dont know how that place is now since 2003 I left the place but I still think it is a relatively cheap institution.
This is unbeatable o
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2010
To also add that selling Handout was illegal in OAU at the time was there

Na recently I graduate o.

The SUG president in my stay were
Part 1 - Vakama
Part 2 - Legacy
Part 3- 3A's
Part 4 - Burkina
Part 5 - Revolution

I am sure you met all these guys as presidos
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by SwtzMinx(f): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2010
.itz mos def OAU. .
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2010
Mett all of them ke

Part 1 - Burkina (later impeached)
Part 2 - Akin Revolution
Part 3 - Hemhem (later impeached)
Part 4 - Diamond
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by marketplace(m): 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2010
That's a nice one. OAU is really setting the pace for others to follow
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2010
So Hemhem was impeached? Na my department the guy dey.

Na my paddy sef. We lived on the same floor in Awo I was in Room 208 Block 7 Foreigners floor.(the topmost floor where those foreign students live) When in final year na we go organize to vote him in.

Since i collected my NYSC letter in 2004, I have never stepped my foot in OAU. Didnt even attend Convocation
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Theblessed(f): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2010
manneger:

The cheapest for school fee is uniport but for cost of living is too high. Uniport is the best university in africa, GOODLUCK JONATHAN product of uniport the 1st versity degree presido, check out naaah

Did you say, 1st Versity degree presido?  How do you mean? Don't think that's quite correct. Thought Nigeria had a few back in her previous life - the likes of Late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and, Late Yar Adua, abi?

Please, correct me if I'm wrong - I think both were highly educated men in their own rights.  So how come our memories so short in remembering these things? Well, if we would forget I'm sure history will not therefore, it would be nice to set the record straight, don't you reckon?
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2010
dayokanu:

So Hemhem was impeached? Na my department the guy dey.

Na my paddy sef. We lived on the same floor in Awo I was in Room 208 Block 7 Foreigners floor.(the topmost floor where those foreign students live) When in final year na we go organize to vote him in.

Since i collected my NYSC letter in 2004, I have never stepped my foot in OAU. Didnt even attend Convocation
Yeah, hemhem was like a school father to me. . .when I came in as a jamito he was a friend to my sister in year 3 then and I landed in his hands in OAU.

Also campaigned laboriosuly for him but he messed up on getting there . . trust Graet ife students, he was impeached.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
Hem-Hem and his brother used to stay on the same floor with me.

Their room wasnt far from "Obeseres" Obe-surutu

Block 7 medical floor was fun then we had all these Foreign students from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Cameroun who would give us gists about the war in their countries and role of ECOMOG

But before that I stayed in Core-Awo Block 3, 4 and 5
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by darosha: 1:15am On Jul 27, 2010
FUTA is d cheapest university in Nigeria cos dey still pay less dan 10k 4 both tuition & accommodation fees
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 9:27am On Jul 27, 2010
Jarus:

I entered in 2001.

2001/2002 We jambites: School fees - 1050, Hostel fees - 90; I know you returning students paid 500 as school fees
2002/2003 No session
2003/2004 Can't remember school fees but less than N3000 and it was war before students agreed; hostel fees also jerked up to 2590
2003/2004 Same thing I think
2005/2006 Departmental and other charges introduced, total fees (school plus ranged from 7500 to about 18000, depending on faculty. I paid 7590 as a faculty of social sciences student.

Altogether, I paid less than 20,000 as school and hostel fees from years 1 to 4. But of course, I bought hostel spaces, unofficially from co-students, in years 2 and 3 for about 5000 per session.

NB: DK, 2000/2001 and 2002/2003 were the cancelled sessions in OAU.

@Jarus, I think you have made a mistake here. There was no session in 2000/2001 and 2004/2005 due to the Nov.4 crisis of 2004 thus, dey did another 60/40 for dose who resumed in 2005.
As for school fees, the highest in Ife still remains N12750 which is Medicine and Pharmacy cos they pay faculty fees of N10000 per session. School fees at the moment still ranges between N5,250 and N12,750.
Finally, Ope best graduating student before us dey marry next week Saturday ooo. U suppose don hear cos na ur paddy but incase u never hear den I don tell U b dat oooo.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2010
GboyegaD:

@Jarus, I think you have made a mistake here. There was no session in 2000/2001 and 2004/2005 due to the Nov.4 crisis of 2004 thus, dey did another 60/40 for dose who resumed in 2005.
Yeah, thanks for correcting me.

As for school fees, the highest in Ife still remains N12750 which is Medicine and Pharmacy cos they pay faculty fees of N10000 per session. School fees at the moment still ranges between N5,250 and N12,750
I trust Ife.

Finally, Ope best graduating student before us dey marry next week Saturday ooo. U suppose don hear cos na your paddy but incase u never hear den I don tell U b dat oooo.

Just hearing. Lost his contact. Will hook up with guys for full details. I'm only aware he won PTDF overseas scholarship. He's with ETB.

dayokanu:

Hem-Hem and his brother used to stay on the same floor with me.

Their room wasnt far from "Obeseres" Obe-surutu

Block 7 medical floor was fun then we had all these Foreign students from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Cameroun who would give us gists about the war in their countries and role of ECOMOG

But before that I stayed in Core-Awo Block 3, 4 and 5
Yeah, I know all of them. I also stayed in Awo block 7 from years 2-4. 189(ground floor) in yr 2, 204 & 203(middle floor) in years 3 and 4.

I can see from here that we were on same block in your final year and my own part 2, me on ground floor and you on medical floor. That floor used to rock o, the Obesuya factor? I know some of those foreign students too. Simpson, a Liberian, was my friend and classmate and was always talking about Liberia war etc. There was also this Camerounian guy that used to sit in front row in Awo TV room anytime Barca was playing ball(Eto'o)U know VC, the longest serving student that colonized a room on that floor?

Oh memories f Awo Hall!!!!
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by beewhyfocs(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2010
Cost is relative so no need to be conclusive in our submissions here.

I attended Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) between 2001 and 2006.

100L - school fees #2600, hostel #90 +#250 maintenance.
200L - #1500 or so accomodation #2500(including some maintenance charge)
300L - #2500
400L - #3500
500L - #7500

The 400L and 500L Fees led to Aluta. Altogether the amount I paid is nt up to what my nephew pay nw for Nursery 1 in 1 session or even a term self.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by niyi09(m): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
I entered OAU 2005/2006 session.There was no 2004/2005 session.
2005/2006     School fees - 7,800, Hostel fees -2590
2006/2007     School fees- 5,300,Hostel fees-2590
2007/2008     School fees- 5,300,Hostel fees-2590
2008/2009     School fees- 5,400( 100 increment which was initially not explained but later called Student union dues after students started demanding for explanations),Hostel fees-2590

Student Union Presidents
Part 1 - Diamond
Part 2 - Saburi ( Not recognized by school authority and Student union was later proscribed due to the resulting friction, Saburi arrested,spent some time in Ilesha prison, trial still ongoing i think)
Part 3 - No student Union, elections was held during the second semester after a whole lot of conditions by the school authority
Part 4 - Devaino
@ Jarus, dayokanu and GboyegaD
We heard the numerous tales of OAU in the golden old days.it must be fun to have been part of it, ' all the aluta' grin grin grin grin

I stayed in AWO BLK 4 in Part 1 ,moved to FAJ in Part 2 but didn't dig the lifestyle of those FAJ boys( always forming big boys), stayed in AWO BLK 7 in Part 3 and Part 4
OAU has taken over the thread
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2010
It actually has. OAU is very quintessential. We all are a Great student of this adorable citadel. We no get rival !

Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2010
niyi09:

[b]We heard the numerous tales of OAU in the golden old days.it must be fun to have been part of it, ' all the aluta' grin grin grin grin[/b]I stayed in AWO BLK 4 in Part 1 ,moved to FAJ in Part 2 but didn't dig the lifestyle of those FAJ boys( always forming big boys), stayed in AWO BLK 7 in Part 3 and Part 4
OAU has taken over the thread

ohh deja vu!
I enjoyed every bit of my stay in Ife, from academic to Social to religious to entertainment.
How can one forget the numerous alutas and the funny hall clashes?

How can one forget:
-Various hall clashes: Awo vs Angola, Angola Vs Moz, Awo Vs Moz
-The "Will Exams hold?" crisis of 2003
-The November 4, 2004 mother of all alutas
-The manisfesto nights
-Impeachments
-The congresses
-the sophisticated political intrigues and calculations
-the annual ewa day in Awo
-the indecency crisis of March 2006

oh Ife

moved to FAJ in Part 2 but didn't dig the lifestyle of those FAJ boys( always forming big boys
Same here o
I was given Faj 231 in final year but sold it to buy a space in Awo back grin
Faj was too cool an environment for me
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ Jarus, dayokanu and GboyegaD
We heard the numerous tales of OAU in the golden old days.it must be fun to have been part of it, ' all the aluta'

The golden old days of Ife was actually 70's to early 90's, when, when Ife students sneezed, the whole nation caught cold.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by ccollins(m): 2:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
If the golden days are past.IFE is NO LONGER THE BEST .EVERY patriotic STUDENT BELIEVES HIS SCHOOL IS THE BEST.FOR EXAMPLE:^^
a havard graduate believes his school is the best just like a south carlifonia dude thinks his school is unique.whatever stupid notion a oau dude has that his school is d best is null and void.a yoruba adage say that a child would always believe his father's farm is the biggest,until he sees the farm of others.ur minds have been tricked to think ur old AWO AND UR WHATEver is GREAT AND the best.great ife ko,small ife ni.pass through the gates of UNIBEN.U would see a signboard,GREAT UNIBEN,THE GREATEST UNIVERSITY OF THEM ALL.IF U COME TO ENUGU AT SOUTH EAST.NO ONE CARES OF OAU.in fact,most of them are obsessed and maybe think UNN IS THE GREATEST IN NIGERIA.I AIN'T MAKING DEROGATIVE REMARKS ABT OAU NOR UNDERRATING THEM.OAU IS A GOOD SCHOOL,AND U SHOULD JUst be thanking awolowo for his education legacies.if not, I wonder.OAU EVEN LIED THAT THEY ARE STILL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS in africa.just enter capetown university or a university close by at ghana whether they won't take u abnormal,LOL.U CAN'T EVEN CONVINCE UPTO 10 million people in these federation of more than 150 million that OAU IS THE BEST, Geez, Stop over rating.do ur pride to where it stops.MANY GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY WERE NOT FRM OAU OR OLD ARROGANT UNIVERSITY.THIS IS JUST A SHORT VOLUME.OAU WERE JUST LUCKY TO GET THE INTEREST OF SOME FEW INTELLIGENT PEOPLE.haa! Gonna release volume two on why OAU BIG HEADED GRADUATES AND THEIR SHcOol isn't worth it.just dreams they do and being un realistic
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by niyi09(m): 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
@JARUS
I was in part 1 during the indecency crisis and i was scared to death on that day and when i got home i was asked a whole lot of questions on the kind of hostel i was staying grin grin grin grin grin grin
You sold your space grin grin grin that is so illegal grin grin grin, i  was given FAJ too simply swapped mine with a guy that was given AWO BLK 7 but was scared of living in AWO grin grin grin
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by niyi09(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ cccollins
Yeah the standard in OAU might have fallen but that is a reflection of the general problem in Nigeria.( you cant compare the standard in 1970 with what is obtained now) and even with that there are not many schools you can compare with OAU in NIGERIA.If most people in Nigeria don't care about OAU,then explain why statisitics from Jamb show that majority of the students writing their exam wanted to attend OAU.

About 340,000 out of the 867, 000 candidates who met the 180 cut-off point in the recent Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination will not be admitted into any of the nation’s tertiary institutions this year, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation has said.

The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, told journalists on Tuesday in Kaduna, Kaduna State, that the nations’ tertiary institutions could not absorb all the candidates because of “limited spaces.”

Ojerinde, who described admission into tertiary institutions this year as a “survival of the fittest,” stated that the space available for prospective students was about 527,000.

He also disclosed that most of the candidates did not choose many of the the privately-owned universities because of high tuition.

The JAMB Registrar told journalists during the technical committee meeting on admission to degree-awarding institutions that except access to tertiary institutions was increased, “we will continue to have a lot of people waiting endlessly for admission.”

He added that the meeting, attended also by representatives of most of the higher institutions of learning in the country, was held to select the first set of candidates into the universities, polytechnics and colleges of education.

Ojerinde explained further that the chairman and secretary of the committee would meet on the admission lists to decide whether the candidates had met the set criteria for admission or not.

He said that once the candidates had met the set criteria, the names of such candidate would be displayed on the JAMB website and those of the universities, polytechnics and COEs chosen by them.

Ojerinde said, “With this 180 cut-off point, we have about 867,000 candidates who made 180 and above, and yet the available space is just about 527,000.

“So, the remaining 340,000 candidates will have no place to go. That is the point, except access to tertiary institutions is increased; we will continue to have lots of people waiting endlessly for admission.

“One of the beauties of this UTME is that we have brought them together and we are saying that they can go to any institution. If the university doesn’t work, college of education may work; if not, polytechnics or monotechnics may work.

“But I am not saying that it is to be for everybody because the space available is still not sufficient.”

The JAMB registrar also said that some of the candidates who failed to secure admission into their preferred institutions would be distributed to schools that had fewer number of applicants.

He, however, added that the University of Lagos, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ahmadu Bello University, Yaba College of Technology and Kaduna Polytechnic had the highest number of candidates seeking admissions.

Ojerinde said, “The schools without candidates to admit are mostly private institutions, but by the time candidates discover that they don’t have any other place to go, they will go to these private institutions because it is a matter of setting your priority right.

“I can’t give the names of these institutions now; they are so many. Some of them don’t have any candidate. The Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu is one of them. Mohammed Goni College of Legal and Islamic Studies, Maiduguri has only 13 candidates.

“Admission is not automatic because the space is not sufficient. You have to try again next time if you don’t get admitted this year. It is the survival of the fittest.”

http://www.futocomm.com/news/
You
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
OAU was fun for me.

1997/98
The day Borrousia Dortmund was playing Real Madrid in the CL semi finals we went to Ogunbanjo to watch it since DSTV was common in school only PG hall had it and they dont allow Undergraduates, The security refused to show it, So we carted all the chairs in the place away he brought out gun to threaten us.

We had many rallies, Ali Mongo rally, Gani Fawehinmi birthday rally, Anti Abacha rally, Omole(VC) must go rally, Reinstate Tony Fash rally, MKO death riot.

I remember the SUG president was beaten and his luggage burnt because he didnt come for one of those rallies.

During MKO riots, some students got shot.

Also when OBJ wanted to contest, He came to OAU, student found out and they went to harras him and warned him never to contest.

He contested regardless and made the OAU student Union president(Vakama-Victor Kolade Akinjo) who came to harras him Special Adviser on Student Affairs.

NUGA 1998 in UNILAG was also fun, Immediately we landed in Lagos, SSS arrested "Saint" who was a nationwide trouble maker.

Sowore ex-UNILAG president wrestled with Mike Akhigbe as he was trying to tell everyone how he caught Akhigbe cheating in a Law exam when he was a student in 1986.

One OAU girl stoned Akhigbe(Vice president) with her shoes. OAU football team lost the finals to UNILAG but we won the basketball event and enchanted the whole Lagos crowd as they saw that Ife guys were more lively and had livelier supporters club

That was the only session I had in Ife that started and ended without any major(3months and above) break.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by niyi09(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Enough rallies,lecture boycotts,congresses e.t.c

2005/2006 session - 1 week indecency break
2006/2007 session- 3 months break( students refused to write exam cos the school authority refused to give 1week lecture free before exam,we were sent home and nationwide ASSU strike commenced while we were at home
2007/2008 session- No disruptions
2008/2009 session-  After 3 months National ASSU strike, we were at home for like 1 month due to VC/STAFF clash

Till 2008/2009 session, postgraduate students and undergraduate students still clash over the issue of undergraduates coming to watch TV in the Postgraduate hall common room

Even as time has passed by, not a lot has changed
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2010
Is it true that they have banned Mojo in Awo Hall?

That is unacceptable. My first weekend in Ife I went to Awo to watch Mojo, We didnt have CD's we used VHS and we had one legendary operator

His name was Victor-Mojo. He selects the ones to watch. And the rule is "No pocketing" You are not allowed to hide your erections by pocketing.

If he shows a Mojo we dont like we all sing Yor yor yor yor yor (Like Busta Rhymes in Woh Hah)

Jarus, I know VC he was in my faculty, I think his real name is Kazeem Ewenla, He was once Awo Hall chair
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2010
ccollins:

If the golden days are past.IFE is NO LONGER THE BEST .EVERY patriotic STUDENT BELIEVES HIS SCHOOL IS THE BEST.FOR EXAMPLE:^^
a havard graduate believes his school is the best just like a south carlifonia dude thinks his school is unique.whatever silly notion a oau dude has that his school is d best is null and void.a yoruba adage say that a child would always believe his father's farm is the biggest,until he sees the farm of others.your minds have been tricked to think your old AWO AND your WHATEver is GREAT AND the best.great ife ko,small ife ni.pass through the gates of UNIBEN.U would see a signboard,GREAT UNIBEN,THE GREATEST UNIVERSITY OF THEM ALL.IF U COME TO ENUGU AT SOUTH EAST.NO ONE CARES OF OAU.in fact,most of them are obsessed and maybe think UNN IS THE GREATEST IN NIGERIA.I AIN'T MAKING DEROGATIVE REMARKS ABT OAU NOR UNDERRATING THEM.OAU IS A GOOD SCHOOL,AND U SHOULD JUst be thanking awolowo for his education legacies.if not, I wonder.OAU EVEN LIED THAT THEY ARE STILL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS in africa.just enter capetown university or a university close by at ghana whether they won't take u abnormal,LOL.U CAN'T EVEN CONVINCE UPTO 10 million people in these federation of more than 150 million that OAU IS THE BEST, Geez, Stop over rating.do your pride to where it stops.MANY GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY WERE NOT FRM OAU OR OLD ARROGANT UNIVERSITY.THIS IS JUST A SHORT VOLUME.OAU WERE JUST LUCKY TO GET THE INTEREST OF SOME FEW INTELLIGENT PEOPLE.haa! Gonna release volume two on why OAU BIG HEADED GRADUATES AND THEIR SHcOol isn't worth it.just dreams they do and being un realistic
Don't u think that ur post smacks of a disenchanted person ravaged by jealousy and a sheer disjointed mind. U pick up arms and quarrel where it is not necessary. U should av gone ahead to tell us what u like in ur uni rather than travelling this pitiable and shameful road of calumny. I could not supress the temptation to do this rejoinder. Better learn how to engage in a more honourable campaign.
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by Jarus(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2010
ccollins:

a havard graduate believes his school is the best just like a south carlifonia dude thinks his school is unique.whatever silly notion a oau dude has that his school is d best is null and void.a yoruba adage say that a child would always believe his father's farm is the biggest,until he sees the farm of others.your minds have been tricked to think your old AWO AND your WHATEver is GREAT AND the best.great ife ko,small ife ni.pass through the gates of UNIBEN.U would see a signboard,GREAT UNIBEN,THE GREATEST UNIVERSITY OF THEM ALL.IF U COME TO ENUGU AT SOUTH EAST.NO ONE CARES OF OAU.in fact,most of them are obsessed and maybe think UNN IS THE GREATEST IN NIGERIA.I AIN'T MAKING DEROGATIVE REMARKS ABT OAU NOR UNDERRATING THEM.OAU IS A GOOD SCHOOL,AND U SHOULD JUst be thanking awolowo for his education legacies.if not, I wonder.OAU EVEN LIED THAT THEY ARE STILL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS in africa.just enter capetown university or a university close by at ghana whether they won't take u abnormal,LOL.U CAN'T EVEN CONVINCE UPTO 10 million people in these federation of more than 150 million that OAU IS THE BEST, Geez, Stop over rating.do your pride to where it stops.MANY GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY WERE NOT FRM OAU OR OLD ARROGANT UNIVERSITY.THIS IS JUST A SHORT VOLUME.OAU WERE JUST LUCKY TO GET THE INTEREST OF SOME FEW INTELLIGENT PEOPLE.haa! Gonna release volume two on why OAU BIG HEADED GRADUATES AND THEIR SHcOol isn't worth it.just dreams they do and being un realistic
Kai, see jealousy written in bold!
Anyway, you have stirred the hornet's nests and be ready to be stung!!!!!
Nobody dares Great Ife and goes out smiling.
Please let's stop derailing this thread and go and open a fresh thread and invite me for a debate. I'm ready to engage you on the points you raised here and your upcoming part 2.
You may name your thread 'Ife is overrated' or something and let's engage in debate. But be ready for a loss, because nobody wins Great Ife!!!
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by reginalove: 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2010
federal university are low compare to state university,state university fees are inequivalent to what private university are paying in Nigeria envy na wen dey federal university
Re: Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
Jarus, He dares not especially if he schooled in naija or wants to compare any school in naija to OAU

Oba Awon University

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Endsars: Students Create Lecture Timetable In Case ASUU Calls Off / Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer / Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.