Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday (11799 Views)

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Walk Out Of Meeting With Government Delegation / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by YorubaEmir: 9:47am On Nov 15, 2018
Adewale1603:
If i bite you

Why the rush... This kind of holidays doesn't always come... You better enjoy it

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by NumbEmotions(m): 10:02am On Nov 15, 2018
YorubaEmir:
To be honest, I want the strike to continue for another 6 months grin

chop 5 ...my guy.
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Gokoyer0(m): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2018
What about Data Analysis? We are going to relate.
Kamxin:
This is smoke screen at best.
ASUU knows that the strike have to be once and for all like 2013. So students have their dedtiny in their hands either to Move forward or backward.I think inproving your digital skill is a bet you can take to the bank. This is the only way to remain relevent in any workspace.Very sophiscated accounting packages, biz analytics packages, advertising tools, information security in work place. Guess what?If you have bad foundation digitally you would be easily bullied out of a job you haveas dream job.Make hay while he sun shine. ASUU strike remain a cloud with golden liningOpportunities remain unlimited while ASUU stike last.for more info, field by field breakdown of It skill suitablefor each profession and where to get them. 08027886496
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by theoldpretender(m): 10:42am On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:
It must be a sin to be born in Nigeria. In many European countries, some universities offer 2 years degree. Get your GCSE , apply to your universities of choice , off you go. Finished your studies, to labor market and your first house mortgage by the time you're 26.

In Nigeria you have your O' level AAAAA then you must write jamb (a scam) then 4 years in uni + ASU strike = 5 years plus and another wasted 1 year on NYSC nonsense.

In many European countries, they pay heavy taxes and high fees so that their universites are well run...plus they get donations and endowments..plus uni administrators are good financial managers.

In Nigeria....tax rate is lower than many European countries. Plus fees are around $1000 or less....whereas in some European countries ,fees are above $8000. Even in those European countries that have free education....people are taxed half their income.

Many European grads cannot afford morgtages...plus in places like the UK....some are even paying loans taken to fund their education...right from the time they get a job. Some won't finish paying back in 25 years time.

The problem in Nigeria is that Nigerians want European educational levels for free. Meanwhile, we are not earning enough money from oil (we need oil at $140 per barrel as at last year before we can say we are earning enough money), we have lost our leadership position in Agriculture...and it is going to take decades to regain that....plus solid minerals is so unregulated that we lose lots of money from it every day...and then there is corruption up and down.

If you want high quality education....better start paying fees of N500000and above. Otherwise ASUU is going to keep on going on strike, and our govt universities are going to keep on producing low quality graduates...while the rich and middle class port foreign or private universites (already Covenant is better than many older public universities, and many more will catch up soon)....or we just take another big fat loan from IMF and the World Bank....that our descendants will still be paying.
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by MAJORBANKZ(m): 10:45am On Nov 15, 2018
Pekun210:

some of us need to finish the the academic session this year also
true. but a greater percentage will agree with me. economic situation very critical to resume this year
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by mati1990: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2018
ASUU please resume fast
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Kamxin(m): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2018
Gokoyer0:
What about Data Analysis? We are going to relate.

As a course or sub-addition to your course
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Tasheyon(m): 11:26am On Nov 15, 2018
After we don go our house. Na then dey know say dey wan do meeting. Dey just dey put person life for risk. Stupid people
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
[quote author=MAJORBANKZ post=72986720]... and the lord hardened the heart of pharaoh. ASUU and FG should better respect their selves. majority of the student would be glad if nothing happens till December. so that by January, we'll set our minds on a full academic year [/quote
as in ehen,wana rest for the rest of the year
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Gokoyer0(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2018
I have more than one degree in science- related fields. I think this is what I really need if I am not mistaken to provide some edge for me in labour market. I just need some sought-after skills to support my degrees.

Take note that, I want to take it as an online course be it as a course or sub-course.

I need mentorship and strict guidance due to time constraint.

Pls let us discuss in private.

Kamxin:

As a course or sub-addition to your course
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by highness25(m): 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
TheMoniker:
No end in sight. Buhari is an illiterate and doesn’t care about education, why is it so difficult for people to understand this fact and prepare for 2019 election. Students should vote en mass for pdp. Btw, most students got their pvc in their various campuses but will be given break during election, how will they vote? I remember I sold mine for 5k when I was in uni.
For posting this, you're worst than Buhari. Spits
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Legolast: 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
Swifthomexx01:
I pray something positive will come out from the meeting

@your image, I will glad to design a responsive and astonishing website for your business.
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Rajosh(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ufedolove:
I don't know if I want them to call off this strike or not.
I don't want stagnation neither do I want to go through school stress this year again
Omaye why you lazy like this now?
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by YorubaEmir: 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
NumbEmotions:

chop 5 ...my guy.
grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Ufedolove: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
Rajosh:
Omaye why you lazy like this now?

Ichi abi mi no. I just don't like stress.

Lol
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Ufedolove: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
Elzak:
dis one na lazy Igala somebody

Na so o
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Thanks2God: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
Here below are the Unimplemented 2017 agreement that led to the strike

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Pekun210(m): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
MAJORBANKZ:
true. but a greater percentage will agree with me. economic situation very critical to resume this year

we are about to start exam when ASUU came with their wahala... so make Dem just allow us
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Raylight2(m): 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2018

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by chikachuks1(m): 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
Nice post though. Here's another related post on how to utilize this ASUU strike. Follow the link below to read it
https://infoducation.com/ASUU-strike/
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by MAJORBANKZ(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
Pekun210:

we are about to start exam when ASUU came with their wahala... so make Dem just allow us
your school calendar is very slow. just come back home cause from the look of things, it will linger up until next year
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday by Bradiyung(m): 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
Ufedolove:
I don't know if I want them to call off this strike or not.
I don't want stagnation neither do I want to go through school stress this year again
my thoughts exactly,,,so stressed out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: New National Curriculum: No Merger Of Crs And Irs / NUC Approves 29 New Programmes For Federal University, Lokoja / How To Decorate Your Student Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.