Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce (42816 Views)

I’m Cristiano, Not Messi” - Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts Furiously At Al-hilal Fans / "I Want To Have Dinner With Messi!" - Cristiano Ronaldo (Video, Photos) / World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by edi287: 1:02am On Nov 15, 2018
Of course Okocha was more skillful than the Ronaldo or Messi. However, I preferred Dinho because he had end product and was a bit quicker.
I don't think he was that consistent at club level too.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by edi287: 1:06am On Nov 15, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

That's why he remained a useless player . How will you dribble 5 players, have an empty net begging you to impregnate it with a goal yet you chose to turn back and continue the madness from where it all started from.

His game simply lacked output. He was classless and refused to promote the motive of the game. I will gladly call him a commedian coz he wasn't a footballer at all. He was just there to make people laugh.

Have you even ever wondered why many Nigerians even rate KANU Nwankwo above him? Kanu generally was a far better player. He had all the skills and tricks okocha possessed and he put them to good use.
Some people will not like to hear the truth. He got a bit serious at Bolton sha. Guess that's what growing up does to people.
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by krismfss(m): 1:13am On Nov 15, 2018
he was a vry good player thou but pls dnt compare

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by FBS: 1:22am On Nov 15, 2018
Yes Okocha na baba. Yeah maybe not that many trophies but a supreme baller he was. 1000000000 gbosas.

A legend in his own right.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by horlakunle25(m): 1:23am On Nov 15, 2018
skills to skills wit d ball on d pitch of play, pls give it to jay jay na.....!!! go and watch best of jay jay, u while understand wat big sam mean dat he can watch jay jay play all thru d day

4 Likes

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by Zansu007: 1:29am On Nov 15, 2018
Lols Messi and Ronaldo are goddess, they dominated for more than a decade, do you think anyone can come close to such record ever.
wagazala:

Every player had their peak period. Ronaldinho couldn't come close in the PSG days. One day some dude will rubbish your highly rated Messi/Ronaldo based on present form. We will see what you'll say about that.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by Goalnaldo(m): 1:31am On Nov 15, 2018
Ronaldo is master of step overs, Messi is king of dribbling with the ball while running , no one is better than Ronaldinho in performing tricks and flicks on the air. Okocha was great in tricks and flicks on the turf.
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by edi287: 1:45am On Nov 15, 2018
Blessing1510:

+2348069671381Notice: Auction Of Bags Of Rice And Groundnut Oil Is Up Again.At a Cheaper Rate.
[*]Kings Oil=N5,500
[*]Elephant Gold=N7,000
[*]Mama Africa=N7,000
[*]Mama Gold=N7,000
[*]Royal Stallion=N7,000
[*]Rising Sun=N7,000
[*]Royal Crown=N7,000
[*]Super Eagle=N7,000
[*]Cap Rice=N7,000
[*]Tomato Rice=N7,000
Royal umbrella=N7,000
Otunba=N7,000
We also have Bale of cloth for sale,
Vehicles for sale etc.......
NOTE:-N1,000 is the cost of delivery charges per bag. Address:-Zone "A" SEME Area Command badagry.Seme border post,badagry lagos state Nigeria.Call or whatsapp on 08069671381
Are you okay??

1 Like

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by mozona(m): 1:55am On Nov 15, 2018
everyone has right to his own view, i think all the skills he attributed to okocha, you cant see ronaldo and messi do it.

And again do you think okocha will agree messi and ronaldo are better than him. apart from winning trophies there is nothing they have done on the field of play okocha has not done. but okocha has more tricks on field of play than them
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by Carmal90(m): 2:27am On Nov 15, 2018
habsydiamond:
Everyone has an input on how to shape ones future...Messi and Ronaldo will always remain the works best million times ahead of Okocha simply because they shape their way to greatness at the right time...but broda okocha see opportunity to go to ManUtd but he refused to stay at Bolton...what's the outcome of that now, no trophy or anything....just saying thou....

Big fact lie, 10000 okocha won't turn United down.
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by KingGBsky(m): 2:50am On Nov 15, 2018
ikorodureporta:

Former Bolton Wanderers manager, Sam Allardyce has rated Nigerian football legend, Jay Jay Okocha, above Cristiano Ronaldo.

Jay Jay joined Bolton on a free transfer from PSG in 2002 with Allardyce in charge of the English club and helped steer the team away from relegation.

In his new book titled Big Sam’s Autobiography, Allardyce said he could watch the ex-Super Eagles star play all day as he states there is no player like him.

He wrote, “I love Jay-Jay’s tricks on the ball, I could watch him all day… He could do drag-backs, flick-overs, double step-overs, there’s been no else like him, not even Cristiano Ronaldo.”

https://www.kemifilani.com/2018/11/jay-jay-okocha-sam-allardyce.html

Nigeria media captionisters... where did the man say Okocha is better than Ronaldo?He only said what he does with the ball even ronaldo couldn't do it. kai...bloggers
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by ATOZ9999(m): 2:55am On Nov 15, 2018
Okocha really blows it off,when he fail to join a Big club on his way to England
d fact remains dat jay jay is over talented

1 Like

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by chysam: 3:12am On Nov 15, 2018
adetayo234:

He could have warmed the bench if he had gone to Man Utd

Apparently you were a kid when Jay Jay played active football. Go and find out about his exploits in the German Bundesliga.
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by wagazala: 3:23am On Nov 15, 2018
Zansu007:
Lols Messi and Ronaldo are goddess, they dominated for more than a decade, do you think anyone can come close to such record ever.

Much was said before Messi and Ronaldo (Days of Zidane, Delima, Ronaldinho etc). Trust me, much will be said after. Records are always broken and new ones set.
Not taking anything away from them both, and ofcourse we know they are the Kings today. There will be Kings tomorrow and forever.
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by Cbest1b1(m): 3:27am On Nov 15, 2018
No doubt, Okosha is good
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by Daare: 3:34am On Nov 15, 2018
Why do we always love to castigate our own stars? Jay Jay is by far better than Messi and CR7. His football mastery is second to none.

He scored jaw dropping goals and he made fortune and the fame.

Please, soccer is not all about world best or champions league, many players have changed the beautiful game and they will be remembered forever.

The great Pele will tell you the best player he has seen play the game is Mane Garrincha (The angel with the bended knees) Joy of the people.

Even Messi and CR7 will agree with Big Sam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by nicepoker101(m): 3:35am On Nov 15, 2018
Big Sam. You are wrong
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by tealaw(m): 3:40am On Nov 15, 2018
Celebgistz1:
Linda Ejiofor Reveals How She Fell In Love With Ibrahim Suleiman

>>https://www.nairaland.com/4846125/linda-ejiofor-reveals-how-she

Thunder fire Linda Ejiofor!
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by cr7lomo: 3:49am On Nov 15, 2018
All of you saying oko c h a is better than ronaldo and messi just shows how sentimental nigerians are... there were other players that had good skills but what significant who did okocha play in europe... was he instrumental for any team in winning any tournaments... did he play against any top team in europe that people can remember his significance in that game

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by AreaFada2: 4:08am On Nov 15, 2018
habsydiamond:
Everyone has an input on how to shape ones future...Messi and Ronaldo will always remain the works best million times ahead of Okocha simply because they shape their way to greatness at the right time...but broda okocha see opportunity to go to[b] ManUtd but he refused to stay at Bolton[/b]...what's the outcome of that now, no trophy or anything....just saying thou....

Okocha didn't get his chance to shine early enough. He spent two years at Borussia Neukirchen in German lower league. He really began enjoying his game going Frankfurt from 1992. Spending 4 years there. Okocha showed great skills at Frankfurt but he needed a bit more career advice & discipline. He should have focused on scoring more goals and less display of skills for entertainment. European football is huge business. They need end products in the form of chances created & goals. I saw Okocha play in an exhibition match in a small stadium during this period. He overshadowed his team-mate like Yeboah, Maurizio Gaudino, Hagner, Bommer, etc.

Tony Yeboah who was with Okocha in Frankfurt then, though a striker, had a match/goal ratio better than 2:1. Okocha was capable of a match/goal ratio of 3:1. Around 12 to 15 goals per season in all competitions.

I actually supported his stay at Bolton. It gave him more game time & often came to Bolton's rescue. He would have been a sub at United. United had too many midfielders who came from the academy or came earlier and have gelled very well. I cannot imagine him displacing midfielders like Giggs, Scholes, Beckham or Keane. Maybe Quinton Fortune. Obviously 8 would have been ideal for him. Scholes owned that slot.

Ferguson was ruthless when it came to letting players go. Dwight Yorke & Andrew Cole whole helped him win the treble in 1999 are good examples.
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by lordswill03: 4:30am On Nov 15, 2018
But they are both richer than him
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by giftedben: 4:43am On Nov 15, 2018
habsydiamond:
Everyone has an input on how to shape ones future...Messi and Ronaldo will always remain the works best million times ahead of Okocha simply because they shape their way to greatness at the right time...but broda okocha see opportunity to go to ManUtd but he refused to stay at Bolton...what's the outcome of that now, no trophy or anything....just saying thou....

Okocha couldn't go to Manchester united/ Real Madrid because they had the likes of Paul Scholes, Zidane and David Beckham. He doesn't want to end up playing No 4 role, Which you know is accustomed to black players. For me he made the right choice because it allowed him to play his game and do step overs which we all enjoyed. Okocha was so Good they named him Jay Jay.
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by fmarshal(m): 4:48am On Nov 15, 2018
Check it out! Jamunir will setup and troubleshoot Microsoft Azure VPN tunnel... for $15 on #Fiverr https://www.fiverr.com/s2/cc014d6ec6
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by Cantonese: 4:51am On Nov 15, 2018
habsydiamond:

Very wrong assertion my brother. Issa Hayatou admitted that Okocha deserved to receive the African player of the year but was cheated by CAF.
The issue has to do with:
1. His skin
2. The authorities

Were there no other great or greater players all the years that Messi and Ronaldo shared the Fifa world footballer of the year award? By the way looking at skills is Ronaldo more skilful than Okocha? NO. Uncommon cheating by the Europeans cheated many African greats my brother. Okocha was among the African greats who played in Europe and got cheated by the authorities.
Arsene Wenger once said that he did not sign Okocha because he lacked discipline on the field. But he gave flimsy excuses for not signing Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Mbappe, etc. The same players are given freedom to roam in their clubs, are allowed to make decisions affecting their teams and are glorified and feared by club owners.
Let us honour our own. Okocha for me is one of the greatest to ever play football.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by flamingREED(m): 5:15am On Nov 15, 2018
4Play:
Saying there is no footballer like Okocha is not the same as saying he is better than Messi and Ronaldo. There is no one like Marouane Fellaini but that doesn't mean he is the best footballer.

You got the point.

One thing about J. J. is his skills respect no one. He could have 'disgraced' Cr7 and Messi if they had gone for him.

3 Likes

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by bot101(m): 5:28am On Nov 15, 2018
All these indomie generation children on page one sef!!! Dem go dey talk wetin dem no know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by danyaril2yahoo: 6:04am On Nov 15, 2018
Too good,so we name him twice,Jay Jay!
ikorodureporta:

Former Bolton Wanderers manager, Sam Allardyce has rated Nigerian football legend, Jay Jay Okocha, above Cristiano Ronaldo.

Jay Jay joined Bolton on a free transfer from PSG in 2002 with Allardyce in charge of the English club and helped steer the team away from relegation.

In his new book titled Big Sam’s Autobiography, Allardyce said he could watch the ex-Super Eagles star play all day as he states there is no player like him.

He wrote, “I love Jay-Jay’s tricks on the ball, I could watch him all day… He could do drag-backs, flick-overs, double step-overs, there’s been no else like him, not even Cristiano Ronaldo.”

https://www.kemifilani.com/2018/11/jay-jay-okocha-sam-allardyce.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by ikorodureporta: 6:15am On Nov 15, 2018
wolexy14:
But op wait ooooi from ur writeup where he mention messi name? Una go just wtite anyhow for traffic ....
He didn't mention Messi because for him CR7 is berra..
Okocha won BBC award twice, singlehandedly took Bolton out of relegation..if u eva had the opportunity of listening to commentary in Okocha's day, u won't argue with Allardyce

1 Like

Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by ashawopikin(m): 6:18am On Nov 15, 2018
Then why did he terminate his contract at Bolton
Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by Zansu007: 6:24am On Nov 15, 2018
I think I will partially agree with you a bit on this, but nevertheless these two have done remarkably well
wagazala:

Much was said before Messi and Ronaldo (Days of Zidane, Delima, Ronaldinho etc). Trust me, much will be said after. Records are always broken and new ones set.
Not taking anything away from them both, and ofcourse we know they are the Kings today. There will be Kings tomorrow and forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vanessa Bryant Pays Tribute At Kobe's And Gianna Memorial Service. / Even With 3 Moses In The Super Eagles: Hilarious Reaction About Loss To Egypt / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.