Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (9078 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs / The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe / Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by koonlay101: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
Collins4u1:

that you don't know how to do it properly doesn't mean I don't... I'm ranked Diamond on aliexpress, if you know what that means.

Bro,

Many people can benefit from your knowledge. If you could please teach those who don't know how to go about it.

Thanks
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by sanandreas(m): 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ejadike:
can I recommend another phone for you?

If it is not Xiaomi then it is not for me cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Jaapu: 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
sanandreas:

They haven't but I want to get a Xiaomi as a Christmas gift for a loved one. I would halt that plan for now.

So what is the Nonsense you are saying?
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by iheartellah(m): 7:10pm On Nov 15, 2018
I have never been charged any customs/import fee and I also get it delivered to me through nipost. My sis and brother also order stuff from aliexpress all the time and they have never been charged any fee. Btw we all use nipost to order too.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by dawoyo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
helium2:

Enter the xiaomi thread and see people paying charges of 7k on 45k phone.

I ordered a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 with the Mi Band but was charged 2k for customs. You guys should inform the seller to quote low value and watch as the charges drops.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by odinga1of: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
koonlay101:

Bro, the fact that you have not experienced it does not mean that this does not happen.

I ordered a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus around July/August and was told to pay around 10k as custom fees when I went to collect it at the post office.

I was told that a DN has been placed on the item by customs. The reason for that, I don't know.

Maybe those who are into cargo/shipping business on nairaland can educate us on the types of item that attracts such charges but I doubt cos some of them too benefit from this as stated by the OP.

Anyone with more information on how this works can share.

You can google "dn attached to package by customs" and see some nairaland threads returned amongst the search results.

Boss my Mom wants to send me Xiaomi Pocophone f1 from Italy to Port Harcourt......... that means I will pay 10k to DHL?
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Akanoaaa(m): 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
Op, please take down this post cause it doesn't make any sense. I ordered for phone on aliexpree on the 1st of this month and the phone was delivered to my doorstep yesterday without any stress and I only paid #500 for clearance. Do more research before you post something dakun dabo.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Topmaike007(m): 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
jumia agent spotted

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 16, 2018
[must read]

if you have a dog on know someone who does, this topics are for you

1 The richest pets on planet : https://mypupway.com/the-richest-pets-on-planet/

2 How to teach my dog to sit: https://mypupway.com/how-to-teach-my-dog-to-sit/

3 How to survive a dog attack: https://mypupway.com/how-to-survive-a-dog-attack/

4 Raheem sterling bought a £15000 Roitweiller: https://mypupway.com/raheem-sterling-…5000-roitweiller/

5 15 fact about dogs: https://mypupway.com/15-facts-about-dogs/

6 Dogs with most wrinkles: https://mypupway.com/5-with-most-wrinkles-dogs/
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Baddiezz(f): 5:21am On Nov 16, 2018
Mustiboy:
I thinks it is no news that the nigerian customs now charges exorbitant fees on phones delivered to Nigeria via aliexpress and its likes. the charges dont make any sense, and the worst part is that they come randomly, with no one knowing for sure if an item is going to be charged or how much its going to be.
to save yourselff from custom wahala, simply order via jumia or some agents on here. its not certain these nairaland agents are going to help you evade custom charges, but they have tactics that they apply to increase your chances of not being charged ; i can vouch for noobody on this.
all in all, stop buying from chinese stores yourself and buy from jumia or nairaland agents instead.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 16, 2018
MetroBaba1:
Dear Op, I order from aliexpress. No exorbitant fees, no extra charges, etc. Nipost or the postal office delivers to me.
To tell you more, I receive calls from the postal office, notifying me of my goods Before delivering, due to strong relationship established.

Sometimes, I tip them off to ensure safety and handling of my goods.

Don't believe craps from people if you've not experience it.

Don't spread false information with no experience to back up your claims.

Take down this post Now

Good day,please I need you to put me through on how you used Nipost to get your goods delivered.I have a lot of things I want to buy from AliExpress and it's not something I need urgently so Ems and Dhl is a no no.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 16, 2018
iheartellah:
I have never been charged any customs/import fee and I also get it delivered to me through nipost. My sis and brother also order stuff from aliexpress all the time and they have never been charged any fee. Btw we all use nipost to order too.

Pleas how do I get order from nipost do I need to register in post office nearest to my location,I stay in Abuja.Maitama to be precise.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Ejadike(m): 6:06am On Nov 16, 2018
sanandreas:

If it is not Xiaomi then it is not for me cheesy grin
Okaymy G.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by MetroBaba1(m): 6:35am On Nov 16, 2018
LynnnCHI:

Good day,please I need you to put me through on how you used Nipost to get your goods delivered.I have a lot of things I want to buy from AliExpress and it's not something I need urgently so Ems and Dhl is a no no.

WhatsApp: 08145345429

I'll teach you. I don't charge, but don't ask stupid questions.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by DLonely1: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2018
Lies.... The last money I paid to Post office was 700 for Umidigi S2, Xiaomi case, micro SD card and Bluetooth speaker.... This op is high on something.... Jumia Agent.... Rubish....
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by roughcoin12: 8:17am On Nov 16, 2018
Collins4u1:

that you don't know how to do it properly doesn't mean I don't... I'm ranked Diamond on aliexpress, if you know what that means.
Pls I need your WhatsApp number. I want to buy xaoimi phone
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by bizza45: 8:43am On Nov 16, 2018
Mrblaster:
Can you explain the "exorbitant" fee from the custom? I only heard of DHL working in hands with custom to extort recipients. Though custom charge on aliexpress orders but it isn't that much. The worst is 2k. Stop spreading fake news to cause panic in people's mind.

dhl told me to pay 31k to clear for an iPhone 7phone .... I simply told them to swallow the phone, if I come back and ask dem for d phone I will show dem pepper ... how much I come buy d phone
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by GrandMufti: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2018
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by iheartellah(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2018
LynnnCHI:

Pleas how do I get order from nipost do I need to register in post office nearest to my location,I stay in Abuja.Maitama to be precise.
yes you have to open a post office box in the post office.
Mine is at garki.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 16, 2018
MetroBaba1:

WhatsApp: 08145345429

I'll teach you. I don't charge, but don't ask stupid questions.

Thanks but no need.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2018
iheartellah:

Mine is at garki.

Thanks.
Please how much were you charged?
On AliExpress,will I put the new post address on the address slot I would want my goods to be sent to?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by flexerking(m): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
iheartellah:

Mine is at garki.
is any document needed to open a mail box ? and like hw much is it embarassed
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
flexerking:
is any document needed to open a mail box ?

Nice question! smiley
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by iheartellah(m): 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
LynnnCHI:

Thanks.
On AliExpress,will I put the new post address on the address slot I would want my goods to be sent to?

yes you will put your post office address and when the goods arrive the post office will call you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
bizza45:

dhl told me to pay 31k to clear for an iPhone 7phone .... I simply told them to swallow the phone, if I come back and ask dem for d phone I will show dem pepper ... how much I come buy d phone

Why did you use dhl?Its expensive na,everyone knows that.I wanted to buy a gown and it costs around 45k and the charges was like 36k,I backed off!The gown is still sitting in my cart.Even Ems self was like 28k.

I tried ordering some lace materials and I don't think it's going to be possible to bring it in before December with the kind of billing charges by Dhl.If I had known about the nipost stuff earlier,would have made my order months ago.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Collins4u1(m): 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
roughcoin12:

Pls I need your WhatsApp number. I want to buy xaoimi phone

o8o3192 9125
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by iheartellah(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
flexerking:
is any document needed to open a mail box ?
I am not so sure. We opened that box a very long time ago. I was still a boy then sef grin but every year there is a small fee you pay to keep it open. I think it's 1500.
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by iheartellah(m): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
LynnnCHI:

Thanks.

also endeavor to communicate with the seller on aliexpress, make sure he or she is using either China mail or aliexpress standard shipping to ship your goods. Those two shipping options are the best.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
bizza45:

DHL is an evil company. I wonder why you all still use them.

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Cassie74: 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
iheartellah:

Mine is at garki.

Hmmmm... No.. She doesn't... You can pick up from any post office without having a post office box pls
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
iheartellah:

also endeavor to communicate with the seller on aliexpress, make sure he or she is using either China mail or aliexpress standard shipping to ship your goods. Those two shipping options are the best.

Thank you Sir!
Re: Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mrblaster:
DHL is an evil company. I wonder why you all still use them.

I can only use Dhl if I'm ordering something small and very expensive like jelwerries .If not those people sabi cut neck I swear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro Now Available / iOS 15: Share Your Experience After the Update / Between The Zero 5 And The Phantom 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.