Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours (30009 Views)

Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Giftedhand92: 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
A passenger is suing British Airways after being sat next to ‘a 23-stone man’ on a 12 hour flight. The businessman claims his back was injured after having to sit next to the overweight individual.

Stephen Prosser, 51, who works as a company director, claims he suffered “soft tissue damage” after the man “wedged” himself into the seat next to him.
The pair were given seats by BA next to each other on the 12-hour flight from Bangkok airport in Thailand to London Heathrow on January 10, 2016.

Mr Prosser, who is only 5ft 2in, claims that the obese passenger was “so large” that his body fat “spilled” into his seat by several inches.
The freelance civil engineer said he was crushed against the side of the plane by a 6ft 5in man weighing 23-stone.

His lawyers say Mr Prosser was “forced to adjust his body and sit in an awkward and uncomfortable position” for the whole 12 hour and 40 minute flight.
Mr Prosser says he was left suffering symptoms from his injuries for the following three months – and is now seeking damages.

But British Airways deny the claims – stating Mr Prosser “did not not display any signs of injury” when leaving the flight.
Defence documents to the claim show Mr Prosser was sitting in a window seat on the plane and the “obese” passenger was in the middle seat.

Immediately after take-off Mr Prosser asked to speak to the Customer Service Manager and refused to sit in his seat.
The airline manager was under the impression he wanted an upgrade and told him the flight was full.

Mr Prosser told the manager he would have “back pain” and would not be able to go to work if he wasn’t moved.
But the manager found the comments “surprising” after it was less than half an hour after take-off.

He is claiming between £5,000 and £10,000 as general damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity.
The case is set to be heard at Pontypridd County Court on Friday.

See more:

https://zenithnaija.com/passenger-sues-airline-after-sitting-next-to-an-obese-man-for-12-hours/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Christianos: 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
If this man comes to Nigeria, he could make a living by suing Nigerian airlines. There's so much to sue for, that he'll practically be in court, daily.
Naija, where an announcement of "15 minutes delay" means that you will be boarding, 90 minutes beyond the scheduled time... grin

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by yesloaded: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2018
Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by seuncyber(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Abalado(f): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2018
Oshomole did you hear that?

1 Like

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2018
he should come to nigeria, where a fat individuals especially women will occupy two seats in a bus and still abuse you of suffocating them

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Timinho23: 9:57am On Nov 16, 2018
Depressing! Should obese people be wiped off the face of the earth?
Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Engineer123(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2018
Orisiri! That will never happen in Nigeria.
Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2018
What if Lagos commuters start suing danfo buses like this.

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Sirheny007(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2018
Timinho23:

No.
But I hope Obese people realize that they constitute not only a problem to themselves, but also to others.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by XaintJoel20: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2018
What does he want the court to do for him?

British Airways didn't create the man, and beside it's not a sin to be fat and worse of, even the man is not happy that he is obese.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
My gee4lyf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by SarkinYarki: 9:59am On Nov 16, 2018
Obese people sha should learn how to use business class instead of coach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by adaksbullet: 10:01am On Nov 16, 2018

1 Like

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by toffyz(m): 10:01am On Nov 16, 2018
the man no well....since January 2016, mtchew

1 Like

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Kennedy94(m): 10:01am On Nov 16, 2018
too much
Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by sammyj: 10:02am On Nov 16, 2018
grin grin Anyways It's his right na him body na him no where he dey pain am!! grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by oloriLFC(f): 10:03am On Nov 16, 2018
"He was so large that his body fat spilled into his(the other passenger's) chair" which kain obesity be that one?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by shortgun(m): 10:03am On Nov 16, 2018
Timinho23:
Then the world will be full of skeletons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 16, 2018
grin
Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by crossfm: 10:04am On Nov 16, 2018
Lol.he should come to Nigeria and see how things are been done.a three sitters sit carries six peaple and they are still smiling from Enugu to kano.Nigerians are really seeing somany things. grin

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by SirLakes: 10:04am On Nov 16, 2018
What you need is a bath tub, fit it with Water n cool off like no tomorrow...... You don't need AC oga ade grin

ConciousRapper:

I am really depressed right now. Due to the heat I experience everyday in my self contain. I started saving money to get a good 1 horse power Split unit. Now the problem isn't the AC anymore.. But electricity to run the AC. I can't afford to buy a good power generator that will be running the AC 24/7.

Ever since I bought my AC.. Its been hanging there in my room like an Art work. No electricity to run it. I have been sweating day and night praying for light to come so that at least I can enjoy the AC I bought. The worst is.. I leave my house to an eatery, pay for a drink just to enjoy their AC on sunny days. I've been doing it for 3 months now. The nylon on my AC is still there cos it hasn't been used. They only flash the light in the mid night when I won't be needing it. Sometimes low voltage.

I'm damn fade up with this country. I was at accra last week and I marvelled at a lot of things there.. Not like accra is better than Nigeria. But imagine how electricity was wasted there.. For the first time I ignored charging my phone even when the light was there cos it was fully charged.

Coming back to Nigeria, I started regretting..
Now today came as a nightmare. .. As I'm typing this
my singlet is soaked with sweat from my body.
It is very hot and there's no light
My AC is even sweating too.. Reason why I came here to ask y'all what it will really take for Buhari and its government to provide us a constant power supply.
How much will be spend to work this out?

Because I heard that a small town like Cotonou runs a steady power supply..

Then what more of a big country like nigeria?
Please.. Can buhari forget fighting corruption and give us just this one?

I don't care about the naira depreciating.
I want to be cooling off in my AC everyday esp in sunny times like this.

so I want to know.. What does it really take to provide constant electricity in the country
Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by Sparkles003(f): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2018
[quote author=ConciousRapper post=73017510]
I am really depressed right now. Due to the heat I experience everyday in my self contain. I started saving money to get a good 1 horse power Split unit. Now the problem isn't the AC anymore.. But electricity to run the AC. I can't afford to buy a good power generator that will be running the AC 24/7.

Ever since I bought my AC.. Its been hanging there in my room like an Art work. No electricity to run it. I have been sweating day and night praying for light to come so that at least I can enjoy the AC I bought. The worst is.. I leave my house to an eatery, pay for a drink just to enjoy their AC on sunny days. I've been doing it for 3 months now. The nylon on my AC is still there cos it hasn't been used. They only flash the light in the mid night when I won't be needing it. Sometimes low voltage.

I'm damn fade up with this country. I was at accra last week and I marvelled at a lot of things there.. Not like accra is better than Nigeria. But imagine how electricity was wasted there.. For the first time I ignored charging my phone even when the light was there cos it was fully charged.

Coming back to Nigeria, I started regretting..
Now today came as a nightmare. .. As I'm typing this
my singlet is soaked with sweat from my body.
It is very hot and there's no light
My AC is even sweating too.. Reason why I came here to ask y'all what it will really take for Buhari and its government to provide us a constant power supply.
How much will be spend to work this out?

Because I heard that a small town like Cotonou runs a steady power supply..

Then what more of a big country like nigeria?
Please.. Can buhari forget fighting corruption and give us just this one?

I don't care about the naira depreciating.
I want to be cooling off in my AC everyday esp in sunny times like this.

so I want to know.. What does it really take to provide constant electricity in the country [/quot

Instead of waiting on the government just go install inverter of solar if you can afford it. And say bye to nepa issues

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours by crafteck(m): 10:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Fly business class or 1st class then

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Colombia Places Travel Ban On Nigeria, 4 Other African Nations because of Ebola / Condition Of Nigeria Rail Terminal In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.