Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,836 members, 7,841,189 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind (2118 Views)

How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! / I Wonder If These Are Found In Quran / Steve Jobbs Saw A Bit Heaven & Screamed Oh Wow! Oh Wow! B4 He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind by jesus3: 11:47am On Aug 08, 2010
^^theres only one healer, which is christ jesus, the image of the invisible God.
God heals through pple.
Re: Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind by kannymoore(m): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2010
If you say that God doesnt work thru cripples, What would you say of Jacob? Remember, he fought with an angel and the angel, in an effort to best jacob crippled him.
Also, when samson's eyes were put out by the philistines, God still used him to effect the anhilation of the philistines. Isnt blindness a defect?
What about elisha? He suffered from alpocepia(pardon my spellings), the same genetic disease that afflicts the stern-faced italian referee (cant remember his name) causing baldness. It is stated that in a fit of anger after being jeered at by a group of juveniles, God caused a she-bear to devour them all.
Re: Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind by mazaje(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2010
seyibrown:

@Mazaje
If you are asserting that God does not heal amputees, do you know any amputee who has come to God (with faith) to ask for his amputated limb to be restored and wasn't healed?

Yes, I repeat NO God or man of God can heal any amputee and restore his or her amputated limbs, if you know any God or Man of God that can do that then I will bring forward my amputated friend to any place of your choosing in Nigeria and lets see how successful your show of faith will go. . . .By the way I have a pastor friend who is also an amputee. . . . .Miracles and faith healing do not work, they are all fake. . . . . . . .
Re: Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind by Rhino3dm: 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2010
All televangelist faith healers are fraud. While enjoying best and modern medical facilities around, thier deluded  myopic  victims will be dying like rats of curable common diseases. One of them way dey make mouth OLEdepo, they go medical check with his jet, the other one wife com die of cancer. Ironically,  people out of sheer ignorance are still expecting to healed from this men of dogs. What a shame.
Re: Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind by PrinceEmek: 5:09am On Aug 09, 2010
kannymoore:

If you say that God doesnt work thru cripples, What would you say of Jacob? Remember, he fought with an angel and the angel, in an effort to best jacob crippled him.
Also, when samson's eyes were put out by the philistines, God still used him to effect the anhilation of the philistines. Isnt blindness a defect?
What about elisha? He suffered from alpocepia(pardon my spellings), the same genetic disease that afflicts the stern-faced italian referee (cant remember his name) causing baldness. It is stated that in a fit of anger after being jeered at by a group of juveniles, God caused a she-bear to devour them all.
Kannymoore;
By the number of posts you’ve put out, I believe you are experienced enough to identify the individual to whose post you are referring.  Alternatively, you may quote the lines you are making reference to.

Regarding your questions, it is difficult to be held accountable for statements I didn’t make.  I deny making the statement you ascribe to me.  I’d appreciate a direct quote of any line, attributable to me, that says: “God doesn’t work thru cripples.”

In lieu of that, please read my statements very carefully before firing away any questions.  Thanks a bunch.

And by the way, do you customarily manipulate bible words to suit your purpose?  Jacob did not fight with the angel.  He wrestled with him.  And do you see one injured in an activity as a cripple?  Such a one cannot be termed a cripple unless the sustained injury cannot be healed, making it permanent.

Please, be very careful how you employ the scriptures.  Twisting and manipulating God’s words do not put a smile on His face. 
  "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.  Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar" (Prov 30:5-6).  See also Eccl 3:14.
Re: Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind by PrinceEmek: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2010
manmustwac:

So how can you tell the difference between genuine faith healing and fake faith healing because as far as am concerned its all fake. Some people have even been paid to act on stage.
Manmustwac;

Yours is a very serious question every Christian should be concerned about.  This is one time when the proof of the pudding is not in the eating.  The proof of the authenticity of the false teachers is not in whether the healers perform the promised miracle.  This is what the maker of humanity said:
  “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect” (Matt 24:24).   That is how good these fellows are.

And neither is the proof in their loyalty to God dependent on their claims of messengers of God, or their quotation of the scriptures, or even preaching the name of Christ.
“And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them” [Luke 21:8].   Right there.  Do you see it?  Those imposters would even preach that Jesus is the Christ.

So, if you are an elect, count yourself lucky.  You can’t be deceived, said the Lord.  But if you are not, there is reason for concern.  I believe  Sister Seyibrown gave you a good and useful pointer.
INVESTIGATE FOR YOURSELF. DON'T LET OTHER PEOPLE TELL LIE TO YOU THAT IT IS TRUE OR NOT TRUE!
she wrote.  But the problem is, how?  How do we investigate?  If one is but a babe in the word, how does one go about investigating the people Christ said are really good in the art of deceiving?  It’s like asking a baby that is still sucking at the bosom to go prepare his own meal.

You have to be taught the rudiments and art of investigation.  If you are still desirous of knowing how to distinguish the true servants of God from the false prophets, just say so, and I’ll post something I prepared to that effect.
Re: Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind by kannymoore(m): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2010
@prince emek, the way i see it, wrestling is a style of fighting. Ditto karate, boxing, etc. It is not said where he recovered from the injury, therefore he was crippled. Meanwhile, i gave two other examples. Dont they count? The basis of my arguement is that God can use anyone and i mean, Anyone, to fulfil his will.
However, I admit that i'm not so versed in the scriptures and i'm not happy that you take it upon yourself to pass judgement on me. Its not very fair.
Re: Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind by PrinceEmek: 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2010
kannymoore:

@prince emek, the way i see it, wrestling is a style of fighting. Ditto karate, boxing, etc. It is not said where he recovered from the injury, therefore he was crippled. Meanwhile, i gave two other examples. Dont they count? The basis of my arguement is that God can use anyone and i mean, Anyone, to fulfil his will.
However, I admit that i'm not so versed in the scriptures and i'm not happy that you take it upon yourself to pass judgement on me. Its not very fair.

@ Kannymoore:
You directed your question to me.  That’s progress.  We’re getting somewhere.

Now, let’s get down to business.  Observe that I didn’t address your question, and its attendant examples.  The statement you laid out is not attributable to me.  Nowhere did I say God does not work through cripples.  How can I discuss or debate things of such critical importance, if that is your tactic, pinning on me things I didn’t say? 

I even requested that you provide proof that pins me to the “crime.”  But you chose to ignore that.  As you can see, your two examples didn’t register with me, as the statement they purport to support was not made by me, and you’ve refused to establish otherwise.  Don’t forget that we are talking about priests, priesthood, and physical requirements.  Which one of your examples did God call onto the priesthood?  I hope you understand what I’m driving at. 

In the even that you have the slightest care about what I actually said, I’ll freshen your memory:
What I have to write next may appear insensitive but it is the bible truth.  Remember from the pages of the bible that God is not a God of confusion.  Once any words have come out of his mouth, they are never rescinded.  He is the God of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  There is no need citing these facts.  In the light of that, why would God require Pastor Obadare’s services?

The 21st chapter of Leviticus reads:

16] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, [17] Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.  [18] For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, [19] Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, [20] Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; [21] No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.  [22] He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy.  [23] Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the LORD do sanctify them.”

Observe carefully, if you will, that I didn’t set those guidelines.  God did.  If you have any problems with that, take it up with him.  You may do well to know that the foregoing injunction is not restricted to the descendants of Aaron, who was of the house of Levi, a priestly household.  Back then, only they were priests.  It continues till today, as far as priesthood goes.  Being called to be a go between, to convey our prayers and sacrifices to God, or to pass on favor from God to us, requires special designation.  A priest of any era or time automatically becomes a citizen of the household of Aaron, and so, subject to God’s priesthood physical qualification.

You admitted that you are “not so versed in the scriptures.”  Shouldn’t you be asking questions that indicate that you are desirous to seek out and learn the truth?  The question you asked can only be classified as “gatcha” question.  It only seeks to snare and entrap.

As for my passing judgment on you, I would apologize if I were guilty of the charge.  If someone alerts you to the dangers that lurk ahead, do you consider him as passing judgment on you?  Let’s be specific.  A stranger, you don’t know, tells to be careful crossing that river.  It has strong, deep undercurrent that could sweep you away, or even drown you, would you not thank the one, even if you intended to go ahead anyway?  Would you be angry with him for his efforts?

Some people who may have some knowledge of the scriptures may arrogate to themselves the position of a minister, pastor, apostle, bishop, pope, or even prophet.  I’m none of those.  I’m just a watchman.  My job is to sound the trumpet to alert folks of impending danger.  I can be laughed at, jeered, or booed.  It’s no skin off my nose, so long as I perform my job to the delight of the Lord.  If you are curious about the commission of a watchman, see the 33rd chapter of Ezekiel.

While you are at it, pull out your dictionary and explore the definitions of wrestle and fight.  It you created the universe, or authored the bible, I would give extreme consideration to the way you “see it.”  But until such a time as you are capable of pulling off such astronomical feat, I’ll stick with worrying about the way God sees it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christ Alive In You! – Pastor Chris / Why Are Nairalanders More Apt To Criticize Christianity than other Religions / Ijawkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.