Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! (6858 Views)

How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? / EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned / Interswitch ATM/Debit Card - The Answer To Online Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! by yehmi01(m): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
E Don Happen

In Gods Name I really wish something can be done to stop this scam, Because really Now I dont Trust any thing on-line In this country any more.

Its very funny how people are just always dragging this country back in all ways,

I also got an e-mail like that and confirming the site went to inter-switch web site directly for me to update my account details for my ATM before 48Hrs which i did only for me to get to the bank the Next day and my account was left with N732:00K. Every thing went just like that.

A sample of the E-mail I got

FROM

"Interswitch Admin" <security@interswitchng.com>

Dear Interswitch Card Holder,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures with affiliated banks(below), we have detected a slight error in your account information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address).
2. Multiple failed attempts on online shopping websites.
3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

https://webpay.interswitchng.com/webpay/

If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to access your account will become restricted.

Note: Card Number (printed on card issued by bank) and Pin are numeric. Refer to your Debit and/or Cash Cards.

Thank you for choosing, Interswitch.

* Please do not respond to this email as your reply will not be received

* Affiliated Banks (GTBank, UBA, Skybank, BankPHB, Zenith, Access Bank, Intercontinental Bank PLC, Diamond Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Africa Bank PLC, Oceanic Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank)

PLZ People this is real NIJA IS SO MESSED UP with this kind of people around. Today i was Ashamed that i was a NIGERIAN
Re: Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! by scottN(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2008
U should have heard by now 4rm ur bank that no legal,valid or authentic body with related to Interswitch or any bank would request u 2 update ur ATM account. This request only comes the first time u use d card on an ATM so u can change ur pin. After that, any subsequent update or modification is at ur own convenience.
Re: Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! by fxmaxony(m): 2:54am On Dec 05, 2008
@Yemio, Sorry for what happened to you, but you didnt tell us how much wz in the account.
Re: Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! by kossy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2009
Thank you folks for this! Please beware, they still can use www.interswitchng.com and when u click it actually send you to another website. They have this logo inteswitch and u. Like who want to be a millionnaire. Walk away with your money or else u go to the next "un"guranteed level. Please take the pain to alert as many as possible.
Here is a discalimer from interswitch.

http://www.interswitchng.com/

Re: Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! by kossy(m): 11:26am On May 26, 2009
Hi all,  I almost fell for this!

Flag this messageINTERSWITCH SECURE E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONSMonday, May 25, 2009 2:09 PM
From: "© Interswitch Nigeria Ltd" <sandrine.moulin35@orange.fr>Add sender to ContactsTo: undisclosed-recipients 

IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ

Attention Card Holder,

Our attention has been drawn to various SCAM messages currently been circulated on the internet using info@interswitchng.com and stating that InterSwitch is introducing a new security plan requesting cardholders register their InterSwitch ATM cards on 'fake' websites.

Please be aware that these mails are fraudulent. These fraudulent activities have been reported to the appropriate authorities, Interswitch has also taken steps to shut down these fake websites and enlighten cardholders where possible.

If you have received such mails, registered your card(s) or think your card(s) details may have been compromised in anyway, please Sign In immediately or go to http://www.interswitchng.com/you/protect-cc.aspx and update your account  details.

Adhere to this instruction on receiving this message and CLICK HERE immediately to register your card. Our goal is to satisfy all our customers need.

Sincerely,

InterSwitch Customer Service

Please, if you see it run away!!!  Always look carefully at the sender's email. Its definately not from interswitch.
Re: Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! by wasfas: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2009
Below is a message sent by "InterSwitch Nigeria Limited" <info.ng@interswitch.com.ng>
Beware of replying the mail so that you money will be safe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"InterSwitch Nigeria Limited" <info.ng@interswitch.com.ng>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients

26 September , 2009

Dear InterSwitch Value Customer ,

InterSwitch ATM Card Security Notification Service
======================================================================
InterSwitch is pleased to notify our online banking customers that
we have successfully upgraded to a more secure and encrypted
SSL servers to serve our esteemed customers for a better and
more efficient banking services in the year 2009.
Due to this recent upgrade you are requested to update your
ATM CARD information by following the reference below. using our
new secure and safe SSL servers. To validate your ATM CARD account
click on UPGRADE MY ATM CARD SECURITY.

This Email has being sent to all our Bank customers, and it is
compulsory to follow as failure to verify account details will lead to
account suspension.

Thank you.
©InterSwitch Nigeria Limited

-----------------------------------------------------
Moreso, do not fill the for following the link UPGRADE MY ATM CARD SECURITY (http://maynoothhillwalkingclub.ie/InterSwitch.html). Please Beware and inform others
Re: Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! by secureatm: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2009
Users must monitor their credit card statements and reduce their ATM-withdrawal limit to minimal. This helps to avoid atm fraud to an extent.
atmsecurity.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cardify's Digital Business Card Unveiled At Moonshot By Techcabal / OPEC To Lose Market Share In 2014 As Rivals Pump More / Live And Work In Mauritius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.