Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood (1002 Views)

Gandollar: Maryam Shetty's Social Media Post About Ganduje (Throwback Photo) / PDP mocks Ganduje: 'Gandollar, Hit The Ground Running To EFCC' / Ganduje: Gandollar, Remember, Governor Wike is Not Dollars By Simeon Nwakaudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by abes(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2018
ROBINHOOD: How I Spend My Bribe Money-Gov Obi-PM NEWS

Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra State Governor Peter Obi of Anambra state has said unlike other public officers, he channels his bribe money into bettering the lot of the people of his state. Obi, who spoke with journalists in Awka, the state capital, last weekend, explained that since contractors would always want to part with some percentage of their profit, he has devised a means to channel the “kick-back” into welfarism programs.

In less than three years in office, the governor said he has been able to save N350 million through this process, proceeds of which, he said, are pumped into the acquisition of 50 taxi cabs and 50 buses donated to the people of the state to alleviate transportation problem.

“They will always come to say ‘thank you’ with huge sums of money. At first, I was rejecting it, but I gave it a second thought and came to the realization that the money is the state’s money and can be beneficial to the people of the state. Today, the 50 yellow buses and 50 yellow taxis you see plying various routes in Anambra state are as a result of this effort,” he explained.

The governor, who said he rejected the proposal of two bullet proof vehicles valued at N150 million upon assumption of office, explained further that it was the money that he used in acquiring 50 Peugeot 406 cars on direct purchase from PAN, at a cost of N3 million each.

The vehicles, he said, were given to his commissioners and permanent secretaries who had no official vehicles as at the time he took over. The Anambra state governor is, however, changing his mind on the use of bullet proof vehicles, an idea he earlier jettisoned, especially as another election year is approaching.

“I have ordered for a bullet proof car valued at N25 million and have been paying the money since June last year and very soon, the car will be delivered to me,” he said.

He also said it has become necessary to acquire the bullet proof car because of the turbulent and peculiar political climate in Anambra state, adding that, “with election approaching, I can’t afford not to acquire the bullet proof car.”

Speaking on the forthcoming election, governor Obi said it is time for Iwu to go. “We can’t trust Iwu’s INEC to conduct elections in Nigeria in general and Anambra in particular. I suggest we hire the Ghanaians to come and conduct elections for us. That is the only time we can be sure of a free and fair election in Nigeria. If we can’t emulate America, let us, at least, emulate Ghana,” he emphasised.

http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/robinhood-how-i-spend-my-bribe-money-gov-obi-pm-news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by Tenn88: 7:58am On Nov 17, 2018
Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by babyfaceafrica: 8:11am On Nov 17, 2018
hahaha......no clean politician.....
Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 17, 2018
If your aim was to equate Obi with Ganduje in terms of avaricious greed, you have failed woefully and only succeeded in marketing the man.

My respect for the man just quadrupled.

3 Likes

Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by Stalwert: 8:15am On Nov 17, 2018
Oh a add like Athiefkudollar.. remember he introduced bribing Senators with dollars

Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by Stalwert: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2018
[s]
mulante:
If your aim was to equate Obi with Ganduje in terms of avaricious greed, you have failed woefully and only succeeded in marketing the man.

[/s]

We know your type

Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2018
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

We know your type

You wish you did but I don't associate with simple minded people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by bedspread: 9:29am On Nov 17, 2018
mulante:

MR. OBI is the Man!!

Every corner there is no way to bring Him down....

RESPECT MR. OBI.... RESPECT
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2018
And they keep digging..

From 2018.. they gotten to 2009.. and they digging continues.

Yet no stain..

Pls let's take it back to 90's we might have something..

Funny zon B's.

2 Likes

Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
The man foolishly just shot himself in the foot; he admitted to collecting bribe, an act that is in every way illegal and against the law.
Worthy to note was that it was not as if he was being forced to accept it; moreover as a governor he had all the powers to stop it and completely eradicate it but chose to go along with it and more damning was his unashamed public admission of this act as some sort of heroic achievement - imagine this level of corrupt mindset.
Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by abes(m): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
Has Obi apologized for taking bribes?
Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by Randy100: 3:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
Buhari stole 5billion dollars as PTF chairman.
Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by sammy99(m): 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
He is in PDP so tell ur lifeless one to go and probe him since he has no immunity as a result of not being in APC.

Ur comparism is not worth it,its jst ur hatred for him.
Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by abes(m): 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
sammy99:
He is in PDP so tell ur lifeless one to go and probe him since he has no immunity as a result of not being in APC.

Ur comparism is not worth it,its jst ur hatred for him.

Are you saying a confessed bribe taker is better than an alleged bribe taker?
Re: Like Gandollar, Like Obidollar The Robinhood by sammy99(m): 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2019
abes:

Are you saying a confessed bribe taker is better than an alleged bribe taker?

ok a bribe taker using it for d benefit of his pple and a bribe taker using it for d benefit of himself only while his pple are suffering.

I rather go for d confessed bribe taker cos der is every tendency of using it for a good purpose and not taking anoda one without u knowing.

(1) (Reply)

NEWS Kaduna Killings: El-rufai Under Fire Over Threat To Arrest Dr. Paul Enenche / We Have Overwhelming Evidence Wike Asked NA To Disrupt Election In Rivers - NA / Tinubu Has Gained Notoriety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.