Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. (34860 Views)

Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines / Woman Collapses After Fraudsters Stole N400k From Her Bank Account In Delta / How I Lost My Money Due To Bank Insecurity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Evercurious(f): 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2018
NOC1:
He should get a good lawyer, ask for the photocopy of the form he submitted asking for the account to be blocked, with the date it was signed you will know and compare it with the date of the tranfer via your account details.
Naturally without a lawyer you will get your money if you disturb the bank.

Did you say ask for a photocopy of the form he submitted? My dear that form must ve been torn to shreds by now... And there ll be no evidence to back that claim.. Let's not talk of CCTV camera cos it doesn't capture voices.. That's why it is advisable and safest to write your request yourself on a plainsheet of paper for personal account holders, on your company letter headed paper for corporate accounts and your request surly received with your signature verified and letter time stamped by customer care... Of course you ll go home with the photocopy for future reference in times like this..

If all these re in place, then he can go to bed.. Mere writing with such attachment to the bank ll get his money refunded to his account ASAP
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Evercurious(f): 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
neey1028:

Diamond bank is worst....for more than a month now, they have refused to reverse my money after an unsuccessful ATM withdrawal...so shameful#0041367310# embarassed undecided

LET ME TELL YOU THE QUICKEST WAY OUT.. WRITE A FORMAL COMPLAINT/REQUEST FOR A REVERSAL ON A PLAIN SHEET OF PAPER.. OF COURSE ADDRESSING IT TO THE BRANCH MANAGER OF THE BRANCH NEAREST TO YOU OR ANY OF THEIR BRANCHES YOU INTEND TO USE.. ASK THE CUSTOMERCARE FOR A PHOTOCOPY OF THE DUELY RECEIVED REQUEST.

PLS MAKE SURE IT'S DUELY RECEIVED. I MEAN SVed( YOUR SIGNATURE VERIFIED) WITH THE CUSTOMERCARE SIGNATURE AND TIME STAMPED.

YOU LL SEE THEM RUNNING AROUND TO RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE..

THE TRUTH IS THIS: BANKS DO NOT LIKE CORRESPONSE SUCH AS THAT.. COS IT'S PRESUME THAT THE CUSTOMER MIGHT HEAD TO HIS LAWYER AND SUCH CAN AND LL BE USED AS GOOD EVIDENCE AGAINST THEM
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
sue the bank sharperly!!!it was initially advertised that ur money is safe qwith dem. get justice by suing the bank thru Consumer Protection Council or Human Rights Org.
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by piagetskinner(m): 12:03am On Nov 18, 2018
Useless bank for Africa UBA
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Afeski(m): 12:41am On Nov 18, 2018
After I activated internet banking on my account UBA, in order to do business and make transactions about two weeks later, my account was deducted of 14000, I didn't get alert or didn't even know sef, I found out when I used atm, when I went to complain they told me that I made a transaction on a website were they sell audiobook, mediagemm.com , a transaction I never carried out, I was so confused, they told me nonsense and said I should fill many forms, then blocked my card instantly, they never contacted me or gave me feedback, I went back after 3 months and they told me the funds are not reversible and that my money is lost.
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Eaglefine(f): 1:08am On Nov 18, 2018
Their services is very poor. I hate that bank with passion.

I do make use of 'save box' anyway, I don't wanna hv heart attack with bank issues.
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by JBoss25(m): 1:15am On Nov 18, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
I
Don't
Do
Useless
PIGGIBANK
UBA

better
With
GTB
ZENITH
FIRST BANK
first bank useless
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:10am On Nov 18, 2018
He went to the bank to complain and did not complain to the telecom operator. Banks don't like to lose customers that is why they won't want to close the account
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by anukulapo: 6:01am On Nov 18, 2018
doctokwus:
So how did they get hold of his bank username and password.
I once got my phone stolen with the sim and for 5days till i did welcome back,nothing happened to the account.
Also lost my ATM card and didn't bother blocking it,yet nothing happened till it was replaced.
If you had your millions in that account, then you can say that again.

You keep that one in Swiss bank and you're here forming secured...nor lemmie laff abeg
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by jacoik(m): 6:02am On Nov 18, 2018
doctokwus:
I once got my phone stolen with the sim and for 5days till i did welcome back,nothing happened to the account.
Also lost my ATM card and didn't bother blocking it,yet nothing happened till it was replaced.
if you meet internet wizardry abi na internet wizard u no go dey speak dat queen English wey u dey dia dey speak
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by doctokwus: 6:38am On Nov 18, 2018
jacoik:
if you meet internet wizardry abi na internet wizard u no go dey speak dat queen English wey u dey dia dey speak
Ok.Maybe was lucky.
Hopefully with fingerprint feature being gradually rolled out,it will be much more difficult to perpetuate fraud using someone else's account.

1 Like

Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 18, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
I
Don't
Do
Useless
PIGGIBANK
UBA

better
With
GTB
ZENITH
FIRST BANK
What's your grouse with Piggybank?
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by Erastuslove: 7:10am On Nov 18, 2018
amstardi:
UBA was my first banking institution,straight into my teenage years. Used them till 2010, when the worst happened.

I was in Accra Ghana with my ATM, and someone used that same ATM to empty my account at an ATM in igando Lagos.

I came back to Nigeria and headed straight to their agbara branch, and I remember there was a heated exchange , and I almost bit off the nipples of one thughish lady accountant.

I did not recover my money and UBA didn't recover my confidence ..I left the bank forever
chaiii such a painful experience
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by luemz(m): 7:34am On Nov 18, 2018
doctokwus:

lucky you... the fact it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it can't happen to someone else...
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by egojeny1(f): 8:27am On Nov 18, 2018
yinchar:
For those that care to listen...

PIN protect your SIM card...Simple as ABC.
How can one do this pls??
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by CloudResident(m): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2018
MicNz:
He should have withdrawn all his money before demanding for a closure of the account.

Financial service providers are not allowed to close accounts containing customers' money therein.

I just hope he recovers from this sha...

You are wrong bro. They will issue a draft ifo the beneficiary. That's all.
Mind you, bank drafts have immediate value irrespective of the bank it is lodged unlike clearing cheques.
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by murphyrichy(m): 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
Catwoman213:

hmmm
what?
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by reaganobinna: 9:04am On Jun 02, 2019
I heard someone saying that financial institutions are not allowed to close an account that has money in it, but they would have done something to prevent someone from carrying out an electronic transaction with that account till further notice. The sad truth is that when things happens, no one wants to be accountable for it. They(financial institutions) knows what to do in such cases, its just that they are sometimes careless with their duties. But when it comes to deducting some cash for maintaining an ATM that is in their customers possession they will be fast in doing that. Its sad that we have found ourselves in a system that is not working, else they would have been made to pay for every dam cash that customers loose out of their carelessness.
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by amstardi: 7:15am On May 22, 2021
SarakiBukola:

Na jejely i dey read comments till i saw the bolded shocked

Why did you target her bust ?

UBA had lust for your money...you had lust for her milk

Balanced equation
hahahahahaha
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by amstardi: 7:16am On May 22, 2021
Bank officials steal deposits of dead customers . It's a racket in the system
reaganobinna:
I heard someone saying that financial institutions are not allowed to close an account that has money in it, but they would have done something to prevent someone from carrying out an electronic transaction with that account till further notice. The sad truth is that when things happens, no one wants to be accountable for it. They(financial institutions) knows what to do in such cases, its just that they are sometimes careless with their duties. But when it comes to deducting some cash for maintaining an ATM that is in their customers possession they will be fast in doing that. Its sad that we have found ourselves in a system that is not working, else they would have been made to pay for every dam cash that customers loose out of their carelessness.
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by maasoap(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2021
doctokwus:

That was because you were lucky in both cases that your sim and atm card didn't fall into the hands of "professionals".
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by maasoap(m): 8:13am On May 22, 2021
preshdiva:

That's very simple. The criminals probably registered on the bank's ussd platform, since they're in possession of the Sim, they could easily get the account number and create a pin with which they transferred the money. This is why it's important for
customers to register on their bank's uss
d platform and create their own unique pin.

Better to lock your phone and activate your sim pin too.
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by maasoap(m): 8:15am On May 22, 2021
Reference:
That is why I am averse to 'savings'. I cannot see money inhabiting any of my accounts for more than 48 hours. It just cannot happen. Savings is the other name for 'financial illiteracy'. Like the oil in an engine, it is meant to flow.

That means you still don't understand the functions of money, we hold money for different reasons, emergency being one of them.
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by maasoap(m): 8:21am On May 22, 2021

Well you can put lock on everything on ur phone, most high end Android phones has such functions .P.S not chinco stuff woh, a mean those 200k & above phones, also Lock you sim card with PIN( people actually don't know they can do that) Immediately the phone is off or sim card is removed, code must be inputted before the sim is usable.
Best advice. That's what I did with my apps, phone and main sim on my chinco phone.

Best option of all, just stay old fashioned, no USSD, No ATM card( USSD transactions can't be done without an ATM), on ur main account
Wrong advice. No ussd, no atm card! In this era of covid-19 pandemic where going to the banking hall takes a whole day! Why banking in the first place?
Re: UBA customer collapses after losing money due to alleged bank’s negligence. by maasoap(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2021
drakeli:
Nigeria banking sector still has a long way to go. In the US, if money was fraudulently withdrawn from your account, the bank would do an investigation and refund your money without breaking any sweat courtesy of the bank insurance and the stolen money would easily be tracked. It happened to me and the bank apologized that it happened through an official letter to my home and I was refunded. No court case, just a complaint from me over the phone to the bank that my money was stolen. That did all the work. I was never physically present at the bank.

That's great!
Well, I upgraded, updated and changed the house address of my UBA account over the phone without physically present at the banking hall too. Through Facebook messenger, twitter and WhatsApp. The problem is that majority of Nigeria don't know they can engage their bank's customer's care units online through messenger, twitter and WhatsApp and get most problems resolved.
I mailed Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company last week asking for credit adjustment before they would programme our prepaid meter and transfer our debt from estimated billing onto it. They acknowledged the receipt of the mail, assured me that it had been forwarded to the appropriate department and promised to get back to me.
Reimbursements, statements of accounts, complaints, etc, I get them done through phone these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Men Gang-raped Me For 21 Days –nasarawa Teenager / Man Shot To Death In Buguma In Rivers State This Morning. Graphic Photos / Villagers Bury Man Alive For Beheading Brother In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.