Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names (1054 Views)

Bat-Borne 'Nipah' Virus Causes Lockdown In Parts Of India (Video) / 10 Warning Signs Of Kidney Failure In The Body You Should Not Neglect / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by 24hoursreporter: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2018
Learning is a continuous process and we keep knowing new things as we grow. I just discovered the proper names for certain parts of the body that nobody ever told. Therefore, I am writing this article to share with you, 7 parts of the body you never knew their property names.

Generally, the body comprises of different parts and they all have their peculiar names. However, it is only those people in the medical field that know some of these things.

7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names

#1. Opisthenar

Opisthenar is one of the parts of the body you never knew their proper names. We only know that the front part of our hand is called Palm, but do you know the name of the back of your hand? Well, opisthenar is the name of the back of the hand.

#2. Philtrum

Philtrum is the vertical groove between the base of the nose and the border of the upper lips. To put it differently, Philtrum is the indentation between the upper lip and the nose.

#3. Gnathion

Gnathion is the lowest part of the chin. In other words, it is the lowest part of the midline of the lower jaw.

#4. Glabella

Glabella is basically the space between the eyebrow. See diagram in 3 above for proper illustration.

#5. Tragus

Tragus is the small cartilage in the outer part of the eye. It is the tongue-like projection in the front of the ear.

#6. Rasceta

Rasceta refers to the lines inside the wrist, they are just below your hand. It is a transverse crease of the palmar surface of the wrist.

#7. Purlicue

Purlicue is also among the parts of the body you never knew their proper names. It is the space between the forefinger and the thumb.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/11/17/7-parts-of-the-body-you-never-knew-their-proper-names/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Seun
dominique
sissy3
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by 24hoursreporter: 11:16am On Nov 17, 2018
Knowledge indeed is power.
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by bigkahuna704(m): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2018
OP, Did You Have To Comment? Opisthenar Slap Dey Hungry You?

1 Like

Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by 24hoursreporter: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2018
bigkahuna704:
OP, Did You Have To Comment?
Opisthenar Slap Dey Hungry You?
No ooo, LOL, after I don tell you the name, you wan use am slap me? tongue tongue tongue
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by mrbyron(m): 11:25am On Nov 17, 2018
Very educative. Thanks for the research cool
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by 24hoursreporter: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2018
mrbyron:
Very educative. Thanks for the research cool

YOu are welcome @ Mrbyron
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by PrincessB1(f): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2018
Nice one O.P
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by 24hoursreporter: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2018
PrincessB1:
Nice on O.P

Thanks @PrincessB1, the warrior princess I hail o
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by PrincessB1(f): 11:42am On Nov 17, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Thanks @PrincessB1, the warrior princess I hail o
Am I a warrior? undecided

Please tell me more
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2018
No 4: My neighbours name!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by 24hoursreporter: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2018
PrincessB1:

Am I a warrior? undecided

Please tell me more

Lips sealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by PrincessB1(f): 11:59am On Nov 17, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Lips sealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Unseal it grin grin grin
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by Peaceyw(m): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2018
Abeg op which one sweet pass between 'if i give u back hand slap' and 'if i give u Opisthenar Slap' abegi, na back hand i go dey call am don't spoil my childhood.

1 Like

Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by malificent(f): 2:47am On Nov 18, 2018
Front page worthy
Re: 7 Parts Of The Body You Never Knew Their Proper Names by Katier00(f): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2018
Wow. Why are those names not commonly use?

(1) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Get Rid Of Hemoroid / Supplement For Anti-aging Process / Psychic Who Predicted Covid-19 Pandemic And Trump's Defeat Warns Pandemic 'will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.