Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

"I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu (56184 Views)

Is This Why Ooni Of Ife Is Marrying Several Wives? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife / Meet Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by sojayy(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2018
ok
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by wolesmile(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2018
Wife no 3, I presume.

The spiritual wife doesn't want you to have a real life wife. Better appease her, biko.... Else, you'll start having spirit children too!!!
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by gregyboy(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2018
That makes him having two wife then skul minners would come and be insulting oba of benin for having many wives hypocrisy
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by sammyj: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2018
All I see is confusion all over this report. One he is a Christian tomorrow is spirit w!!!
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by condralbedez: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2018
jazz go dey smell for this man body like perfume .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by mastar111: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2018
grin ;DEven Naomi is spiritual. Is she not a prophetess?

1 Like

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by AngelicBeing: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2018
sad
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Mutemenot(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2018
Going this way all the kings in our Yoruba land 'll soon be young men without traditions
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by computerglobal(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2018
Spiritual bae u ve got grin
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by macaphan007(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2018
A wise man should be a man of few words,as a King he's not expected to say everuthing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by computerglobal(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2018
condralbedez:
jazz go dey smell for this man body like perfume .
Na so na if him no wan die,jazz go plenty wwlla

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by berrystunn(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2018
Huh
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Sleekfingers: 11:53am On Nov 18, 2018
I believe he is doing the proper sacrifices....because he shouldn't get carried away with some Christianity shit....

Because all these useless religions....Christianity and Islam are the brain behind hates, war etc

Long live the king

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by BeiFangLaye(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2018
Spiritual wife, God forbid
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by NessaBoo(f): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2018
Woooow!! shocked So he's left handed, left handed people are always peculiar and very smart, From Aristotle and Mozart to Marie Curie, Bill Gates and Barack Obama even our very own Babatunde Fashola, even my elder sister...left-handedness has long been associated with talent and intelligence.

left-handers have a larger corpus callosum the bundle of nerve cells connecting the two brain hemispheres, which suggests that "left-handers have an enhanced connectivity between the two hemispheres and hence superior information processing", making them faster at processing information than those with a right-hand preference.

I remember how my mom used to beat my elder sis ehnn to stop using left hand, Lool.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by KelB(m): 11:56am On Nov 18, 2018
So what becomes of your spiritual wife
She will still be interfering in your marriage with Naomi creating disaster
There is jealousy in spiritual realm too

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Newboss(m): 11:58am On Nov 18, 2018
macaphan007:
A wise man should be a man of few words,as a King he's not expected to say everuthing.
A wise man should know the meaning of few words. angry

"Few words" is relative angry

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by potterlite: 11:59am On Nov 18, 2018
I don't even envy this kind of life that i can't go out with my family to catch fun. I can't visit any friend, i can't decide to just take a strol. Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Newboss(m): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
NessaBoo:
Woooow!! shocked So he's left handed, left handed people are always peculiar and very smart, From Aristotle and Mozart to Marie Curie, Bill Gates and Barack Obama even our very own Babatunde Fashola, even my elder sister...left-handedness has long been associated with talent and intelligence.
So you wey dey right handed dumb, ba? angry

#Stereotypes angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Sleekfingers: 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Mutemenot:
Going this way all the kings in our Yoruba land 'll soon be young men without traditions

You are right......
I just don't know why a Yoruba king will be a bloody Christian or Muslim...

The kingmakers have alot of Job to do
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by papaput2(m): 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
Since you now married Naomi can you please introduced me to your spiritual gf make I go see am
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by NessaBoo(f): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Newboss:

So you wey dey right handed dumb, ba? angry

#Stereotypes angry

Its not just stereotypical, its scientifically proven, left-handers have a larger corpus callosum, the bundle of nerve cells connecting the two brain hemispheres, which suggests that "left-handers have an enhanced connectivity between the two hemispheres and hence superior information processing", making them faster at processing information than those with a right-hand preference.

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by ebuka995: 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
ogbanje
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by WaffenSS(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
This man is just an anachronism.
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Someone will open mouth and say rubbish for people to react on....

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by wink2015(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
celebgistz2:
Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II,has revealed that he was never really single, as he has a permanent Olori in the palace spiritually and was only joined to a new one physically who happens to be a prophetess and evangelist.

He speaks with KORE OGIDAN on his life in the palace and other issues

Excerpts

As a kid, did you always know you would end up being a king?

The prophesies came before I was born. Also, kings are actually born, not made. In my case, before I was born, it had been predicted that I would be king and to God’s glory, that prophesy stood and came to reality. There are many predictions and destinies that actually don’t get fulfilled but thank God that mine came to pass. It was God who made mine to become a reality. I had been very conscious of it growing up. Also, before I became king, as a prince, I had been friends to many other kings. I had learnt the rope for many years before I assumed the throne.

You must have had a great birthday with your wedding just two days apart. Tell us about that experience for you.

I don’t know why the whole world made a big deal about it. To the glory of God, marriage is one of the things that one should do. Honestly though, I was never really single. I have a permanent Olori in the palace spiritually but I just joined my new one physically. The permanent Olori in the palace is the Yeyemolu, who is the first Olori in the palace and she has a spiritual role to play in here. As a matter of fact, the Ooni can never be single because he permanently has a wife in the palace. Even if there is no woman in the palace, she, the Yeyemolu, is there always. Many people probably just thought I was single all the while. What I am going to say about my new wife is that to the glory of God, she is a good lady.

Knowing you were going to be king, were you spanked as a kid?

Of course! But they were advised never to touch or hit my head, even as a kid. But, everywhere else was beatable. I became very conscious of my head growing up.

What was your worst childhood experience?

When I got into secondary school at about age 11, there was a classmate of mine who beat me up one day by the classroom and gave me a very deep scar on my hand. The scar is on my left hand and it almost rendered that hand useless, especially for me being left-handed. Every time I see that scar, I remember the experience.

What other fond memories do you have of your childhood?

I used to win a lot of prizes as a kid and that always made my parents proud. Another memory was getting into Loyola College, Ibadan, and there is a story to that. I always came first in class in primary school. One day, I came third, losing to a boy and a girl who both came first. There was no second position and I came third. My parents were very disappointed and I promised them that I would finish well. When I went in to sit my common entrance examination, I came first in my entire primary school and with the tough competition there, I was able to enter Loyola College. I got in on merit. That made my parents proud and I was able to prove to them that I was still in control of the situation.

Even as a king, do you cook in the palace?

That is not even possible. As the king, you have to knock 16 inner and outer doors before you get to me. It’s a big process and there are so many processes and procedures that I met from my ancestors before becoming king; so, no, I don’t cook. However, before I became king, I did cook a lot and very well. My mother taught me how to cook.

Your regalia looks amazing. How do you really like to dress?

To the glory of God, my dress sense has to have a proper blend of spirituality and modernity. My dress sense must connote who I am as a spiritual head of the Yoruba race. Before Christianity or Islam, the Yoruba heritage and culture and tradition have remained intact to date and we didn’t blend our tradition at all in Ife. There is a particular divination and spirituality we go through and I had to master them and see how to blend that with my everyday life. This is why my dress sense depicts what happens in Ife, and by extension, the Yoruba land.

Source; https://celebgistz.com/ooni-of-ife-reveals-he-always-had-a-spiritual-and-permanent-wife-yeyemolu-before-marrying-the-physical-one-prophetess-naomi/

Young people are becoming king these days compared to the past when kingship was for the old men.
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Well, he seems to be a journalist's delight any day

However, his media aides could also help, so it doesn't look like the great Ooni is always addressing press men.

After all, the Queen of England doesn't grant interviews too frequently

Or even the great Oba of Benin...
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by sacramento1212: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Unik3030: 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
Bidobado1:

How can a Fvcking 20th century King come up with some of the shiit he said.
King of a zoo with no water, electricity, security.. GTFOH.
oga spirituality is deep. the kings are not human any longer they are gods who engage in Many occultic parole. some sleep in caskets for days n so on. so many spirituality u will find so hard to believe

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by enemyofprogress: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
Lizilicious:
Hmmm
I never put am inside you don dey moan, wetin go happen if I come finally put am, no to bring down the roof be dat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition / The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks / Learn How To Speak Hausa Language In Two Days (TUTORIALS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.