Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart (993 Views)

See What Is Giving Ipob, And South East People Heart Attack (Photo) / Oronsaye Committee Report Will Break So Many People’s Heart / "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Sanromeo(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2018
By Bankole Adeniyi

Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, seems to be gaining more grounds in people’s support and understanding in the state.

Although, many believed that the former Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) President is struggling with
battles from different angles.

It was gathered that most of the analysis of some leaders of the party, suggesting that Akeredolu is struggling with some battles are merely based on personal disagreement or misunderstanding.

For instance, Governor Akeredolu is known for his truthfulness. He is blunt and straightforward. These, it was gathered, has been a serious problem for some political leaders who see his honest character as a threat for their political leadership.

Akeredolu is seen as a new force in politics who’s changing and redefining quality leadership and people’s Orientation to the place of integrity among political leaders.

According some of the citizens of the state, one of the major selling points of the Governor, which has endeared him to the heart of the people and also build their confidence is the fact that Akeredolu doesn’t lie.‎

Contrary to the view that the Governor has been enmeshed in running battles, Akeredolu is actually savoring the herculean task before him and driven by the passion to serve the people and develop his state.

While some hold the opinion that the Governor appears unperturbed in the public, some believe that he sulks in the closest. However, it is only those who have met with him either at an occasion or on a courtesy visit that would understand how jovial and funny the Governor can be.

“You will love him. He has this great personality that identifies with the people. If you have any problem bothering your mind, the moment you hear Governor Akeredolu speaks at any given event, you will laugh and get tired. He’s such a leader with a difference ” an Akure resident said.

Some of the battles that has been erroneously linked with Akeredolu include an alleged face-off with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

But, It was revealed that Akeredolu is not holding any grudge with Tinubu. According to a source, close to Akeredolu, he said the Governor is a man who says his mind and forget matters at once.

He said ” As a matter of fact, Tinubu should be the one stretching the hands of brotherhood to Akeredolu. He has antagonize the man for too long. Mind you, the only issue they have with Akeredolu is that, he will never act the puppet role

“Akeredolu wanted to be legal adviser of the party in 2014, Tinubu allegedly blocked him, he wanted to be minster, Tinubu allegedly blocked him. And the in 2016, when he was contesting to be Governor, Tinubu made vehement moves to stop him but Akeredolu triumphed.”

It’s observed that Akeredolu being a man of principle, doesn’t give him to undue interference of some leaders, especially when it comes to the issue of his state.

The Governor doesn’t also sees the case instituted against his candidacy arisen from the September 3rd, primary election of the party as a matter to lose sleep on.

He has said it severally that he is sure that the mandate the people of the state gave him for four years will be completed by him and him alone.

‎Akeredolu has appeared, convincingly, not to be bothered about the court case. Those who refer to it as a battle for Akeredolu seem to either be the men in Abrahams or those drinking paracetamol for another man’s headache. To Akeredolu, it’s no battle.

Opposition to Oshiomole’s emergence

‎Like so many other Governors, Akeredolu joined his voice to kick against the choice of Oshiomole, who was Tinubu’s choice, as APC chairman. But, in politics, the intrigues and dramas of interest would out and strong voices may be jettison for some interest.

Since Akeredolu was not the only Governor who kicked against Oshiomole and the attendant crisis that has enveloped the last primaries of the party under Oshiomole, Akeredolu and others have no battle to fight given the fact that their instincts have been proven right. This is one of the issues, Akeredolu’s foes erroneously branded battle.

The emergence of Senator Ajayi Borrofice as the candidate of the party in Ondo North Senatorial District of the state has also been tagged as a battle for Akeredolu who seemed not to have wanted his candidacy.

It was learnt that despite the fact that the party leadership in Abuja imposed Borrofice on the party in the state, the real battle would be between Borrofice and the people of the Senatorial District who seem to have been tired of his representation. Akeredolu is said to have moved on away from the matter.

His party politics

Akeredolu’s relationship with some party leaders in the state may have also been described as battle. But, in actual sense, observers said there is no battle in whatever relationship the Governor might keep with leadership of the party in the state.

It was revealed that the candidate of the Alliance for Democracy in the 2016 election, has been complaining that Akeredolu gives him no chance.

But, it’s also in the public domain that Oke is still interested in Akeredolu’s job and also eye the structure of the party to himself.

“Two masters can not stay in a bus. Oke wants to hijack the structure of the party to his advantage. The day he was decamping, he even asked Akeredolu to face governance and allow him take care of politics

“There is no Governor that would allow such move. It’s natural that the Governor protects his interest and that of his huge followers. ” A prominent party man in Ondo said.

Relationship with civil servants

There is no battle between Akeredolu and the workers. In every man, there is an Oliver twist. The workers in the state are appreciative of the good work of Akeredolu. They are thankful to him that he has not owe them a dime since he assumed office and also has cleared Five out of the Seven salary arrears he inherited from the previous administration…

To the civil servants, Akeredolu is a honest man who keeps to promise and faithful.

Observers said that despite the antics of Akeredolu’s foes, he has continue to triumph and identify with the people of Ondo State as his one and only interest. Observers further submitted that the Governor has no battle going on in his life as a governor and leader of the APC in Ondo State.

Adeniyi, a Social Activist, is the Coordinator, Change Nigeria Movement, Ondo State chapter.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/akeredolu-endearing-self-ondo-peoples-heart/

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 18, 2018
The people's man.
Good job Mr Governor.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by PRYCE(m): 11:58am On Nov 18, 2018
All These INEC APC Governors! undecided
Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Mace0lane: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
With his tale telling antics with no project to show. If he is not allowed to go on for second term PDP n Igbo will be wailing on his behalf.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Sanromeo(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
Mace0lane:
With his tale telling antics with no project to show. If he is not allowed to go on for second term PDP n Igbo will be wailing on his behalf.
If you live in Ondo State, you'll be well informed of Governor Akeredolu's developmental strides despite the lean resources and the challenges which the previous administration in the state left behind.

In less than two years in office, he has reconstructed and renovated 350 public schools across the state, he has been up-to-date with the payment of workers salaries, constructed several roads and many more are under- construction, including the dualization of some major roads in state. All these things are out there to see.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Mace0lane: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sanromeo:
If you live in Ondo State, you'll be well informed of Governor Akeredolu's developmental strides despite the lean resources and the challenges which the previous administration in the state left behind.

In less than two years in office, he has reconstructed and renovated 350 public schools across the state, he has been up-to-date with the payment of workers salaries, constructed several roads and many more are under- construction, including the dualization of some major roads in state. All these things are out there to see.
Reconstructed with no single pix of the reconstruction. Na warning I de give, I no be politician. You all want Jagaban out yet you can not out perform him with laudable project you don’t have to debate about. You keep trumpeting paying salary as achievement. No, make he no pay salary na mummy be Ondo civil servant. He should conjure to make many n not pay them.
Continue !

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by johnmartus(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Guy I'm apc to the core. But do you think Nigeria can move forward with this kind of lies? This man is the most useless governor ondo ever had ,I mean a great disaster to humanity.
Sanromeo:

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Sanromeo(m): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Mace0lane:
Reconstructed with no single pix of the reconstruction. Na warning I de give, I no be politician. You all want Jagaban out yet you can not out perform him with laudable project you don’t have to debate about. You keep trumpeting paying salary as achievement. No, make he no pay salary na mummy be Ondo civil servant. He should conjure to make many n not pay them.
Continue !
Do you want more?

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Sanromeo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
johnmartus:
Guy I'm apc to the core. But do you think Nigeria can move forward with this kind of lies? This man is the most useless governor ondo ever had ,I mean a great disaster to humanity.
What lies? It will shock you to find out that the ones i mentioned are few of his achievements so far. What you don't know is that, Governor Akeredolu has constructed more roads than any Governor in Ondo State. Presently some federal roads in the state are under construction by Ondo state government and he's paying salaries as and when due.
Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Westbestside: 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sanromeo:

Prove it to us with picture.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Mace0lane: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sanromeo:
Do you want more?
so 4 block of classroom is what Akerele can show as achievement in terms of pictures n not written epistle ? Well then, he as done marvelously love. This should earn him direct second term ticket without contest no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by TheApologist: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
Op please just shut the crap up. Akeredolu is just there to occupy space. Don't talk like the rest of us are blind, I understand your need to defend your source of income but you don't have to try too hard to convince us.
Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Sanromeo(m): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
Mace0lane:
so 4 block of classroom is what Akerele can show as achievement in terms of pictures n not written epistle ? Well then, he as done marvelously love. This should earn him direct second term ticket without contest no doubt.
If you need a written epistle to be satisfied then use your smartphone for once and Google it. It's everywhere.
Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by bolinxman: 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sanromeo:
What lies? It will shock you to find out that the ones i mentioned are few of his achievements so far. What you don't know is that, Governor Akeredolu has constructed more roads than any Governor in Ondo State. Presently some federal roads in the state are under construction by Ondo state government and he's paying salaries as and when due.
You are not saying the truth,I reside in Ondo State ,stop spreading lies. Aketi is not in control of his Government.People call him 'Arabinrin'.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Sanromeo(m): 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
TheApologist:
Op please just shut the crap up. Akeredolu is just there to occupy space. Don't talk like the rest of us are blind, I understand your need to defend your source of income but you don't have to try too hard to convince us.
Nobody is here trying to defend anyone Mr man. Unlike you, not all of us can be bought.

Ondo State workers who have received 5 months salaries out of the 7 months arrears owed by the previous administration and are now getting their salaries as and when due, unlike before, will not agree with you that Governor Akeredolu is just there to occupy space.

Under Governor Akeredolu our IGR has increased by 300% and that's how he's able to construct several roads and many more are under construction. He was able to achieve that feat in less than 2 years in office. I'm not surprised by your comment tho. People who know absolutely nothing about something always have much to say.

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Sanromeo(m): 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
bolinxman:
You are not saying the truth,I reside in Ondo State ,stop spreading lies. Aketi is not in control of his Government.People call him 'Arabinrin'.
LOL Listen to yourself, Are you making any sense? The same Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu who is busy with her breast cancer awareness programme, and empowering women and youths in the state? Get busy bro!
Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
The Sad thing about these people is that they prefer cosmetic showcasing of projects, the ones that don't get to the innermost communities.

Gov Rotimi Akeredolu is deepening into the wood to touch lives and develop their communities, it will take a while before it surfaces to the big cities but eventually it will.

He is indeed working and no matter what you call him, we can't be arsed.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by bolinxman: 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
bolinxman:
Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by johnmartus(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sanromeo:
remove the word I don't know. If I don't know I'm not blind to see.stop talking about the invisible projects
Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by TheApologist: 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sanromeo:
Nobody is here trying to defend anyone Mr man. Unlike you, not all of us can be bought.

Ondo State workers who have received 5 months salaries out of the 7 months arrears owed by the previous administration and are now getting their salaries as and when due, unlike before, will not agree with you that Governor Akeredolu is just there to occupy space.

Under Governor Akeredolu our IGR has increased by 300% and that's how he's able to construct several roads and many more are under construction. He was able to achieve that feat in less than 2 years in office. I'm not surprised by your comment tho. People who know absolutely nothing about something always have much to say.
I'm not a piece or ware and can never be bought. I don't and can never belong to any party so you can be sure I have no sympathy for none. As a neutral unlike you, I'm always for making right judgements. If Akeredolu does perform and is adjudged to have creditably justified the mandate the citizens of Ondo state gave to him be rest assured I'll be one of the first set of persons to sing his praise but by my evaluation of his performances so have he's performed below par.
Re: Akeredolu: Endearing Self To Ondo People’s Heart by ayfay047(f): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2018
AKETI LEKAN SIIII

Sanromeo:
By Bankole Adeniyi

Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, seems to be gaining more grounds in people’s support and understanding in the state.

Although, many believed that the former Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) President is struggling with
battles from different angles.

It was gathered that most of the analysis of some leaders of the party, suggesting that Akeredolu is struggling with some battles are merely based on personal disagreement or misunderstanding.

For instance, Governor Akeredolu is known for his truthfulness. He is blunt and straightforward. These, it was gathered, has been a serious problem for some political leaders who see his honest character as a threat for their political leadership.

Akeredolu is seen as a new force in politics who’s changing and redefining quality leadership and people’s Orientation to the place of integrity among political leaders.

According some of the citizens of the state, one of the major selling points of the Governor, which has endeared him to the heart of the people and also build their confidence is the fact that Akeredolu doesn’t lie.‎

Contrary to the view that the Governor has been enmeshed in running battles, Akeredolu is actually savoring the herculean task before him and driven by the passion to serve the people and develop his state.

While some hold the opinion that the Governor appears unperturbed in the public, some believe that he sulks in the closest. However, it is only those who have met with him either at an occasion or on a courtesy visit that would understand how jovial and funny the Governor can be.

“You will love him. He has this great personality that identifies with the people. If you have any problem bothering your mind, the moment you hear Governor Akeredolu speaks at any given event, you will laugh and get tired. He’s such a leader with a difference ” an Akure resident said.

Some of the battles that has been erroneously linked with Akeredolu include an alleged face-off with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

But, It was revealed that Akeredolu is not holding any grudge with Tinubu. According to a source, close to Akeredolu, he said the Governor is a man who says his mind and forget matters at once.

He said ” As a matter of fact, Tinubu should be the one stretching the hands of brotherhood to Akeredolu. He has antagonize the man for too long. Mind you, the only issue they have with Akeredolu is that, he will never act the puppet role

“Akeredolu wanted to be legal adviser of the party in 2014, Tinubu allegedly blocked him, he wanted to be minster, Tinubu allegedly blocked him. And the in 2016, when he was contesting to be Governor, Tinubu made vehement moves to stop him but Akeredolu triumphed.”

It’s observed that Akeredolu being a man of principle, doesn’t give him to undue interference of some leaders, especially when it comes to the issue of his state.

The Governor doesn’t also sees the case instituted against his candidacy arisen from the September 3rd, primary election of the party as a matter to lose sleep on.

He has said it severally that he is sure that the mandate the people of the state gave him for four years will be completed by him and him alone.

‎Akeredolu has appeared, convincingly, not to be bothered about the court case. Those who refer to it as a battle for Akeredolu seem to either be the men in Abrahams or those drinking paracetamol for another man’s headache. To Akeredolu, it’s no battle.

Opposition to Oshiomole’s emergence

‎Like so many other Governors, Akeredolu joined his voice to kick against the choice of Oshiomole, who was Tinubu’s choice, as APC chairman. But, in politics, the intrigues and dramas of interest would out and strong voices may be jettison for some interest.

Since Akeredolu was not the only Governor who kicked against Oshiomole and the attendant crisis that has enveloped the last primaries of the party under Oshiomole, Akeredolu and others have no battle to fight given the fact that their instincts have been proven right. This is one of the issues, Akeredolu’s foes erroneously branded battle.

The emergence of Senator Ajayi Borrofice as the candidate of the party in Ondo North Senatorial District of the state has also been tagged as a battle for Akeredolu who seemed not to have wanted his candidacy.

It was learnt that despite the fact that the party leadership in Abuja imposed Borrofice on the party in the state, the real battle would be between Borrofice and the people of the Senatorial District who seem to have been tired of his representation. Akeredolu is said to have moved on away from the matter.

His party politics

Akeredolu’s relationship with some party leaders in the state may have also been described as battle. But, in actual sense, observers said there is no battle in whatever relationship the Governor might keep with leadership of the party in the state.

It was revealed that the candidate of the Alliance for Democracy in the 2016 election, has been complaining that Akeredolu gives him no chance.

But, it’s also in the public domain that Oke is still interested in Akeredolu’s job and also eye the structure of the party to himself.

“Two masters can not stay in a bus. Oke wants to hijack the structure of the party to his advantage. The day he was decamping, he even asked Akeredolu to face governance and allow him take care of politics

“There is no Governor that would allow such move. It’s natural that the Governor protects his interest and that of his huge followers. ” A prominent party man in Ondo said.

Relationship with civil servants

There is no battle between Akeredolu and the workers. In every man, there is an Oliver twist. The workers in the state are appreciative of the good work of Akeredolu. They are thankful to him that he has not owe them a dime since he assumed office and also has cleared Five out of the Seven salary arrears he inherited from the previous administration…

To the civil servants, Akeredolu is a honest man who keeps to promise and faithful.

Observers said that despite the antics of Akeredolu’s foes, he has continue to triumph and identify with the people of Ondo State as his one and only interest. Observers further submitted that the Governor has no battle going on in his life as a governor and leader of the APC in Ondo State.

Adeniyi, a Social Activist, is the Coordinator, Change Nigeria Movement, Ondo State chapter.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/akeredolu-endearing-self-ondo-peoples-heart/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Meet Okwuoha Somtochukwu Who Wants To Be Canadian First Black Prime Minister / How Atiku Bribed To Get Into The United States / Why This General Election Cannot Be Rigged - INEC Insider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.