Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba (20859 Views)

Buhari Charges Super Eagles On Fourth AFCON Title / Brazil Vs Nigeria Friendly: Super Eagles On Their Way To Singapore (Photos) / AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by MediaLife: 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
Delta State Governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has described the first international flight into the Asaba International Airport as momentous as it brought back the Super Eagles of Nigeria from south Africa.

Okowa received the Nigerian Super Eagles team after holding Bafana Bafana of South Africa to a 1-1 draw on Saturday and qualifying for the African Cup of Nations (AFCON).
The governor who was represented by his Chief of Staff, Hon. Tam Brisibe, expressed joy the the first international flight in and out of Asaba Airport conveyed the Super Eagles Team successfully and without hitches.

“This is momentous bearing in mind that the flight successfully took the Super Eagles to South Africa and came back without hitches.”
“It is more gratifying to note that the Super Eagles trained at the Stephen Keshi Stadium before leaving for South Africa through the Asaba Airport; they went to South Africa and qualified for Cameroon 2019.

“The principal thing was qualifying for Cameroon and by God’s grace, we have qualified for AFCON, we congratulate the Super Eagles for making Nigeria proud,” he said.
President of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Mr Pinnick Amaju said he was excited that FIFA has approved the Stephen Keshi Stadium for international football championships.
Pinnick added that it was a thing of pride for Delta state and for the Nigerian team to have launched the Asaba International Airport.

“When it was announced yesterday (Saturday) that we are boarding and flying to Asaba, it gave me great joy, it shows that God rules supreme in Delta State, we have qualified for AFCON and we are going to Cameroon to make great impact.
“On behalf of NFF, I thank the Governor and the good people of Delta State for their show of enthusiasm since the Super Eagles came.

“Asaba stadium is wonderful and the Super Eagles will beat Uganda in their friendly match, remember that the Ugandan Team has also qualified for AFCON” he added.
Special Project Director of Asaba International Airport, Chief Austin Ayomedejo, in an encounter, said, “I feel excited, we give God the glory for using the Governor of Delta State, Senator Dr Ifeanyi Okowa to achieve this great feat.
“What is more important is that we have been upgraded to Category C airport, which allows bigger aircraft to land”.

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/okowa-receives-seagles-on-first-intl.html

1 Like

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by bedspread: 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
Congrats Deltans!!
Congrats Super Eagles !!!
Congrats Nigerians!!!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by amaniro: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Fly eagles!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by TheAngry1: 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
ok
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by onunwa21(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
FTC very close
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by solochris(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Thank God Buhari is not the first person to fly it, everything would have become a failure

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by GOFRONT(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Up super chickens

1 Like

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Britishcoins(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
All we need is Biafra, our oyili money has helped this nation a lot,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
angry There is nothing "international" about that airport.

6 Likes

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by eDoctorr(m): 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
One of the few governors in Nigeria without big tommy.
Love u Sir.

5 Likes

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Laju1234: 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Good
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by gocnig(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Just met them now in elomaz hotel dbs road

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by LegalOpinion: 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
I wish it was when Nigeria had stars. My house is opposite the stadium but I doubt if I will be watching the eagles vs Uganda.

Super eagles do not have players that can comnand attention.
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by LegalOpinion: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
eDoctorr:

Love u Sir.

And he is the only governor whose lips can't cover his teeth.

5 Likes

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by WeyreyHunter: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
solochris:
Thank God Buhari is not the first person to fly it, everything would have become a failure
Britishcoins:
All we need is Biafra, our oyili money has helped this nation a lot,

1 Like

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Rojoh: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
This is a good start hoping for better things to come fly eagles.
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by sematec(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
Issorite
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Kenekingisback: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
Something Ambode has never done embarassed
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Deltatoto: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
crazydude1:
angry There is nothing "international" about that airport.
it is not god is good park so u won’t understand

1 Like

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Deltatoto: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
gocnig:
Just met them now in elomaz hotel dbs road asaba
im at the vip bar where r u legs pop
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by eDoctorr(m): 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
LegalOpinion:

I guess your lip was added to his in this picture. Oponu omo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by yinkus6750(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Eagles flying Max Air from SA to Asaba is now a great achievement?
Is the airport an international one?
Clowns in government.
Will look forward to British Airways, Emirate, Delta and Qatar airlines respectively.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
Congratulations to the Super Eagles.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Caleb4001(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
LegalOpinion:

werey
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by chendstone01(m): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
Asaba nndi ara
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Guyman02: 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
GOFRONT:
Up super chickens
Bia Chukwudi no carry this madness enter market o angry
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by WarriAproko: 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
The worst governor of delta state

1 Like

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by PHILipu1(m): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
solochris:
But It is in Buhari time that Delta have international airport
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by gocnig(m): 12:59am On Nov 19, 2018
Deltatoto:
im at the vip bar where r u legs pop
I just high leave phone
Buzz me ur control.
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Ebimor96: 1:30am On Nov 19, 2018

Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Teacher1776(m): 5:35am On Nov 19, 2018
eDoctorr:

Love u Sir.
but you done see the TEETH?
#nobodyUgly
Re: Okowa Receives Super Eagles On First International Flight To Asaba by Deltatoto: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
gocnig:
I just high leave phon
Buzz me ur control.
i greet u broda I be don high too I’m at leisure castle now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles / Super Eagles Sing And Dance To Celebrate Cameroon Victory / Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.