Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses (22174 Views)

UNIBEN Students Trapped As Storey Building Collapses Amid Downpour In Benin / Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams / Chinelo Okafor, UNN Best Graduating Student (Faculty Of Health Science) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by bleskid: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2018
my uncle office damage oooo chaiiiiii
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by bleskid: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2018
chaiiii i i don dielllllllll heiiiiii thank God for the strike oo social science facauty and me dei like bread and butter, for school i dei always dei there .oo

1 Like

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by AdesegunSanni89: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2018
PDP and Ortom will blame Fulani herdsmen for this. BASTERDS.
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2018
Benue is now the new/Nigerian version of Kenya. All bizarre news is now coming from Benue, from Fulani herdsmen, to wife killing herself and the family, father and son raping a child maid, and many more.
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by mfm04622: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2018
helinues:
Ortom, Elrufai and Yaya Bello are the worst governors Nigeria ever produced

El-Rufai should not be in that list! The other 2, yes. Not El-Rufai.
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by MissWrite(f): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2018
writerights:
The contractors should spend quality time in jail. Parents didn't send their children to go and die in school.

It's really not the fault of the contractors alone. Everyone involved is usually culpable. Buildings like this are usually initiated by government parastatals (like ETF, TETFund, PTF, NITT, etc) for the sole purpose of enriching themselves. These projects get awarded at outrageously inflated contract sums, and the contractor parts with a huge chunk upfront (as "appreciation"wink. After that, the client loses the moral standing to insist that the contractor does the right thing. The consultants are then sent on mission impossible to supervise such ungovernable contractors. The contractors refuse to take instructions because they know the worst that the consultants would do is to recommend the termination of the contract. And the client would never do that. So in the end, consultants with integrity would quit; and those without would protect themselves by documenting all the necessary instructions and recommendations. So that if things like this happen, they won't be indicted after investigations.

Even the school's physical planning department gets involved sometimes. They romance contractors to be given sub-contracts and bribes and in return, they make the handing-over of shoddy construction work easy by signing all the necessary documents. The whole thing is an unfortunate mess; buildings like these (in many cases) are death traps. Especially when small contractors, who go to CAC to register new company names with every mishap, are used. Major contractors protect their reputation. But then, they are also less likely to chase the client around with brown envelopes. So they aren't the favored ones; passed over on the pretext that they are too expensive.

6 Likes

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by HolyTitus(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2018
Smh
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2018
This is Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by yeman1(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2018
Bossontop:

Na wise man ooo.....only say him dey only use him sense once in a black moon.....you fit ask unku lalasticlala if i dey lie

ha ha ha ! bad man!
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2018
Students of that Faculty right now:

I'm sure the VC has collected his 10% like Gandollar and would be peeing in his panties now.

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by wakaawaka(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2018
That NwaAmaikpe guy is too wise he doesn't need his brain to think that he uses his ASS

2 Likes

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2018
Can you imagine, I just hope there aren't students therein...
It simply shows the building was poorly constructed and or rush work things sha
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by dalongjnr: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2018
Truly, this is a lost to the school,students and the state.
The big Questions to asked are;
1.what's the actual cost of the contract?
2.was the actual sum for the contract released?
3.if yes, was it properly utilized as per terms of contract?
4.who supervised the project, and how?
5.who's the quantity surveyor and how qualified?
6 who's the contractor, the structural engineer and architect & how qualified are they?
7.who sourced for the materials and how were they procured?
8.what are the quality of materials used for the building?......
There are so many questions to be asked. Forget these governors, they inflate a lot of contracts in order to steal from, it. The contractors are also not transparent, it's all about given cuts and kick back before a contract is finally approved. Hmm.... After investigation, u will come to realized that the major fault is from the side of government and her agents.

1 Like

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by legibow: 8:55am On Nov 19, 2018
Bossontop:

undecided
Oga as a wise man that you are i'm sure you will understand when i say "shut up" .........in fact collect am

[img]https://media1./images/bc858e69d5022807b84554b2d4583c10/tenor.gif?itemid=5122019[/img]

if the strike was not on only God knows how many dead bodies we for dey count by now

we thank God , but broda ASUU is killing
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by wakaawaka(m): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2018
So are you sure you're a Student - Student or your uncle's student?* Sorry but I am just thinking sumtin
bleskid:
talk beta big man do u,, know that I'm a student from benue state uni .. i spend alot of time with my uncle helping him. assuming u heard a young nairaland is dead tell me how will you feel... incense what im trying to say is that, God has so many of doing things..

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by Hamilton1(m): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How can anyone thank God for the strike?
A strike that has caused the crime rate in Nigeria to increase.

A strike that will prevent students from graduating at the stipulated time.
A strike that has made lecturers now resort to brothels.

ASUU's strike has caused more harm than the collapse of this structure.
Thunder fire u der, so u dnt knw if der is no strike alot of students could hav died in dat building
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by chiedozie198100: 8:59am On Nov 19, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
grin grin Engineer don chop nyamgyo with the contract money

Lol, gyado villa guy. How far?
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by flexerking(m): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

1 Like

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by themanderon: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2018
Who can blame the building when the money for the project has been gandollarized.
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by flexerking(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2018
Hamilton1:

Thunder fire u der, so u dnt knw if der is no strike alot of students could hav died in dat building
we can all see from wat he typed he is a very foolish person
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by Bossontop(m): 9:27am On Nov 19, 2018
gare:

You are right, but is that your son, that is so aggressive at that age ? grin grin grin grin
His not aggressive ooo....he is jus allergic to mumu-ness
And nor be my pikin oo
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by abjonline(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2018
People complain and always blame engineers for every incident like this.
Little did we pay attention to those who award the contract. Our politician will have taken a larger part of the money for the project. Therefore the engineering contractors left with merger fund for the project.

Let cry out to our politicians to FEAR GOD!
Say no to corruption!
Engineers are good people!

Proudly an engineer
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by Oyimzy(m): 10:00am On Nov 19, 2018
AugustineSilva:
LOL, which department you dey for b.s.u?? Me na Pol Science oh

Sociology oh
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by JeogahII(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2018
See what ASUU strike have caused!
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by GOZ4CHRIST(m): 10:46am On Nov 19, 2018
Thank God no life was lost.

Meanwhile, Clean Tecno Y6 for sale. 14k, but negotiable. Location: Owerri. Interested should call 08165938656

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by 12345baba(m): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

maybe ur relation wey leave him school come track babe for bsu for dey this building if school were not on strike
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by Ayobami7(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2018
na wa o
Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by TruckFit(m): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

And the same students the strike would have prevented from graduating at the stipulated time, would have died inside here at the exact time this building collapsed..... Think buddy ..asin think right.. lives would have been lost and some parents would have to mourn..stay positive

1 Like

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by bestpunterever: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

use your brain once in two weeks not to much asking.

1 Like

Re: Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses by KENFERDYOORI(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I appreciate spontaneity. However, giving this thread some objective thought could've saved you of this mal deduction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock / Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate Students 2016 / Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.