Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match (86834 Views)

Afcon Finals: Ghanaian Actor John Dumelo Apologises To Nigeria. / Nigeria Vs South Africa Match Memes / The VAR Used In Nigeria Vs South Africa Match (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Codebrain273535: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Okay

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by olasupoolabode(m): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Whether we have qualified or not,we should still protest, at least, for record purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by lexy2014: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
Josh2x:
Mad referees everywhere cry

Thank ur god its not shaolin soccer

U would hv been in hospital by now grin
South Africa may have a hand in it. Don't forget they involved in match fixing in a world cup qualifying match against Senegal were d referee lost his job 4 poor officiating

5 Likes

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by joshmee4real(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
So its Bakary Papa dat officiated? Bakary is in trouble tomorrow wen I get 2 Skul
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by stagger: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
I just pray to Go we did not field an ineligible player in any of our matches as we did against Algeria in the WCQ and got docked 3 points.

2 Likes

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by olasupoolabode(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
Whether we have qualified or not,we should still protest, at least, for record purposes.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Patrioticman007(m): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
TarOrfeek:

This guy are Jubrin, I cannot see any difference.

Aboki na Aboki.

Just like an ipobian pig will always be an ipobian pig.
Regarding Jibril from Sudan, at least he is in Nigeria enjoying at aso rock, and there is nothing you can do about it. While Nnamdi Kanu your Messiah is hiding in Israel. What a pity .
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by islandmoon: 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
the referee name Bakary Papa Gassama sound like Bakery Papa Gassama useless goat!
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by geezynoni: 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
grin grin
thesicilian:
It's not enough to apologise, since it has been proven the goals were not offside, simply award Nigeria the goaly and decare Nigeria the winner. Like we did to MKO recently.
;Ya mad

1 Like

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by samydo(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
This is the reason fifa do not give African referes the opportunity to participate in world cups
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by neighbourhud: 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
Stocking:

Lame though
very lame

1 Like

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Makito015(m): 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Medicine after death
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by TruthinAction: 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
What about those who do not apologize like the one that denied us a clear penalty during the world cup in our match with Argentina?

1 Like

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Touchforfree(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
Stupid referee, will that bring back my #562,000 bet9ja ticket that he allowed to cut due to his useless decisions.

Even if CAF decides award the goals to Nigeria (which is not possible), will bet9ja change the decision ?.

Make CAF pay me my winning o sharp sharp, I won use the money marry Chioma.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by WrathOfHadez(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
CastedDude:
Report has it that the head referee who officiated the AFCON 2019 qualifying match between Bafana Bafana and Nigeria on Saturday in South Africa - has apologised for the costly mistakes made by officials during the game.

The Gambian football referee identified as Bakary Papa Gassama apologised to the Nigerian team after wrongly denying them two goals due to wrong offside calls, according to a report by OwnGoalNigeria.

Ahmed Musa put through Kelechi Iheanacho who tapped home believing he has given Nigeria the lead but Musa who supplied the pass was judged by the assistant referee as been in an offside position, something which turned out to be wrong after video replays.

In the second half with less than five minutes to go, Musa was once again at the receiving end of another poor referee decision as he was once again flagged offside incorrectly after slotting home what could have given Nigeria all three points.

The game ended 1-1 with Nigeria sealing her passage to next year Africa Cup of Nations but officials of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) still expressed their unhappiness to Gassama over the poor decision which cost Nigeria a win.

Gassama admitted the error and even went a step further by sending his apologies to Musa over the incident although he admitted that such errors are sometimes unavoidable particularly due to the non-availability of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) .

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/south-africa-v-nigeria-referee-gassama-admits-mistake-on-offside-calls-against-nigeria.html

It was not poor officiating. South Africa is Africa's corruption headquarters filled with illiterate, uncivilised and unhinged Zulus who have no civility on how to conduct themselves in a modern world.

Remember it was proven these human dross bribed to host the world cup in 2010.

And Nigeria always has a way of making these post apartheid Zulus feel inferior so they needed to look good at home at any cost.

Anyone who believes a referee will call two offside wrongly is a fool .

If we don't have a worthless Government, a careful investigation into the accounts of that lines man will reveal some secrets.

5 Likes

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Emmaino99(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
Exactly ����
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by SmartyPants(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
dominique:
Stupid ref, will that translate to their deserved 3 points? Had the super eagles not qualified, would your useless apology have qualified them for the AFCON tournament? Shove your apologies where the sun don't shine, it's of no use

You realize the ref is not to blamed for the linesmen's incorrect decisions? He is simply being a gentleman by apologizing.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by paulos8: 10:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
I think the linesman was bribed cos during the ist half when SA almost scored an offside he didn't raise his flag....see below

2 Likes

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Joshrob(m): 10:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=Lhimeet post=73092114] This is just pure Incompetency..

Nothing like availability of VAR..

Before VAR, how do they officiate matches?

That second offside showed how backward and incompetent Africa football officiating has grown to be..

Just imagine the gap between the last defender and Musa.

Even without VAR, how on earth was that disallowed?

F**K their apologetic message.. undecided

**Modified**

Why blame the referee?

He only followed the useless linesmen call..

Clearly, the linesmen are the mad ones here.
[/quotpe]

That second one was just too clear,the distance was much..we watching the match at home knew it's wasn't an offside even before the replay..seriously there's more to that match than what they are telling us..FIFA need to investigate the officials

1 Like

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
They were promised 25k dollars per goal and the ref denied them 50k.... And all he can give is an apology!
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by emi14: 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
thesicilian:
It's not enough to apologise, since it has been proven the goals were not offside, simply award Nigeria the goals and decare Nigeria the winner. Like we did to MKO recently.

Oga I don't know you but I have develop brotherly love for you. You said my mind word by word. I schooled in Vaal university in south Africa. South Africans can do anything to be on top of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Codebrain507417: 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
Okay

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Lhimeet(m): 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
Joshrob:
True..

Same here.. I knew immediately it was not an offside.

Enough have been said. It's pathetic though
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
I am not a football person, So enlighten me ,

I wan ask can a Ref ignore a linesman decision? If so why couldnt he ignor at least one of the two signals if he was competent.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by CaptainFM1: 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
This referee is a match fixer. He needs to be investigated. I'm sure lots of betting agencies have met him to negotiate this final scores.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Passionate888: 11:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
dominique:
Stupid ref, will that translate to their deserved 3 points? Had the super eagles not qualified, would your useless apology have qualified them for the AFCON tournament? Shove your apologies where the sun don't shine, it's of no use
All of una dey talk about 3 points, that match cut my 15k. That ref na winsh

1 Like

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Counselor123: 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
Why do we keep suffering for poor officiating in soccer?

We lost our match to Argentina in World Cup due to poor officiating. This is another one in the same year.

I think NFF should sue someone so that they can start taking us seriously. Apologies after this kind of errors are not acceptable
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by udemzyudex(m): 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
Imagine, I think CAF need to introduce VAR in African matches.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by ademijuwonlo(f): 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
A win would have made our qualification to Afcon2019 more sweeter.....but the incompetent folks robbed us of our sweet passage to Afcon .
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by enonche85(m): 1:05am On Nov 19, 2018
S.Africa have not been to a Nations cup since Nigeria won it in South Africa, so It was a ploy by CAF to make sure S.Africa does not loose the match to help them qualify knowing that Libya will trounce Seychelles. The next round of matches S.Africa will going to Libya which they just need a draw, but I know they will loose
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by enonche85(m): 1:11am On Nov 19, 2018
Passionate888:
All of una dey talk about 3 points, that match cut my 15k. That ref na winsh

Lmao!...I just give naija x2 sha, because I know we no go loose.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Deeypeey(m): 1:37am On Nov 19, 2018
dominique:
where the sun don't shine tho grin
dominique:
where the sun don't shine tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'FIFA VAR' Introduced In Village Football Competition In Imo State (photos) / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.