Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match (86835 Views)

Afcon Finals: Ghanaian Actor John Dumelo Apologises To Nigeria. / Nigeria Vs South Africa Match Memes / The VAR Used In Nigeria Vs South Africa Match (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by mikron(m): 2:07am On Nov 19, 2018
thatigboman:
cant be done in football. Refree's decision is final. No adjudication.
u are wrong, Nigeria were stripped 2 points and all 3 points were awarded to Algeria during our last world cup qualifiers away at Algeria after the match ended 1 apiece. Reason: Nigeria fielded an ineligible player. So caf decision is final not the ref. We can still be awarded the full 3 points here
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Kirinwa: 5:07am On Nov 19, 2018
Nonsense. Over unavailability of what? They haven't called it a need yet. NFF should report to CAF.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Kirinwa: 5:10am On Nov 19, 2018
thesicilian:
It's not enough to apologise, since it has been proven the goals were not offside, simply award Nigeria the goals and decare Nigeria the winner. Like we did to MKO recently.

Hehehe. So bet9ja will pay you cos I don't get your interest. Nigeria has qualified.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:31am On Nov 19, 2018
CastedDude:
Report has it that the head referee who officiated the AFCON 2019 qualifying match between Bafana Bafana and Nigeria on Saturday in South Africa - has apologised for the costly mistakes made by officials during the game.

The Gambian football referee identified as Bakary Papa Gassama apologised to the Nigerian team after wrongly denying them two goals due to wrong offside calls, according to a report by OwnGoalNigeria.

Ahmed Musa put through Kelechi Iheanacho who tapped home believing he has given Nigeria the lead but Musa who supplied the pass was judged by the assistant referee as been in an offside position, something which turned out to be wrong after video replays.

In the second half with less than five minutes to go, Musa was once again at the receiving end of another poor referee decision as he was once again flagged offside incorrectly after slotting home what could have given Nigeria all three points.

The game ended 1-1 with Nigeria sealing her passage to next year Africa Cup of Nations but officials of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) still expressed their unhappiness to Gassama over the poor decision which cost Nigeria a win.

Gassama admitted the error and even went a step further by sending his apologies to Musa over the incident although he admitted that such errors are sometimes unavoidable particularly due to the non-availability of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) .

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/south-africa-v-nigeria-referee-gassama-admits-mistake-on-offside-calls-against-nigeria.html

no referee will ever apologise doing so will put the game into disrupt, mistakes made by referee i.e s/he not being able to see from viewers point of view via tv through different angles by different camera can
not be reversed especially after the game has ended

remember its not about just play on the field but other industries involved, like at these betting shops how will they deal with reversed discusion on a payout,
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by MurphyTheory99(m): 5:32am On Nov 19, 2018
I think Libya should complain to CAF. This is so wrong. South africa did same thing to Senegal during the world cup qualifier. They were dealth with.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by odehaj: 5:36am On Nov 19, 2018
Forgive him, after all he has apologized. PDP apologized and we forgave&forgat. But, if it had gone the other way round, i.e, SA that scored, would he have given the goals?
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by goslowgoslow(m): 5:51am On Nov 19, 2018
TarOrfeek:

This guy and Jubrin, I cannot see any difference.

Both of them are Nomads robbing Nigeria.
Ode
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Sman37(m): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2018
thesicilian:
It's not enough to apologise, since it has been proven the goals were not offside, simply award Nigeria the goals and decare Nigeria the winner. Like we did to MKO recently.
I signed ur civilization man what it was a final to win trophy!
so according to them now if an innocent man was sent and latter find out he is not guilty he will still be left to rot in jail what a wicked world = that is why God will rejudge us all because most man ar unjust!

1 Like

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by McKayConcept(m): 7:01am On Nov 19, 2018
Chat me up to join our agribusiness discussion platform. All type of Agricultural business idea that is simple to start and easy to earn
Be Your Own Boss
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by alphaconde(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2018
Hamilton1:

thunder from gambia fire u

I forgive u. For what I wanted to say to you would have ruined u.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by abuannur: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2018
Anijay1212:
Thank God we have qualified already else...
Or else what?
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by emecheboy2(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2018
The referee and lines-men were use to fix the game for south africa so that Nigeria will not win Simple.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Adakintroy: 8:38am On Nov 19, 2018
Don't blame the ref. Nigeria and s.a are supper power in Africa. I Trust amaju pinnick the warri boy. He has already fix that match draw.

Those calls were too obviose. Twice for that matter. Even if the ref mix it. What of the lines man. Can't they discuss. If that match was allow to flow, Nigeria go beat them black and blue. Is it those olando pirate/ Kaiza chiefs boys that you want to use to stage European base players. With superior drill and all round tactical awareness..as for as African goes for now, Nigeria is has the best team

So please just leave African vodoo football. The more you look the less you see.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2018
I have being waiting for this Apology, Let the south africans know that we won that match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by Ayobami7(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2018
转注字/轉注字
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by thesicilian: 10:48am On Nov 19, 2018
Kirinwa:

Hehehe. So bet9ja will pay you cos I don't get your interest. Nigeria has qualified.
Lol. I don't bet on football o, it's just that I don't subscribe to the fact that the referee's decision should be final even in the face of glaring incompetence!
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by aristocratic5(m): 11:22am On Nov 19, 2018
Ban the yeye referee for life
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by jboycrb(m): 11:22am On Nov 19, 2018
deepwater:

oga wetin happen, ur ticket cut?!

grin grin
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by excel4us: 11:55am On Nov 19, 2018
appology my foot. the draw cut my game cox i gave nigeria win over rsa.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by GenFunction: 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
werey.SAFA don pay the idiot
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by thatigboman: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
mikron:
u are wrong, Nigeria were stripped 2 points and all 3 points were awarded to Algeria during our last world cup qualifiers away at Algeria after the match ended 1 apiece. Reason: Nigeria fielded an ineligible player. So caf decision is final not the ref. We can still be awarded the full 3 points here
fielding over-aged players is not ref's decision. On the field of play, what the ref rules is final. Ref's decison can be petitioned and the ref sactioned, but their decision is final concerning d match.
Ask someone else.
Re: Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match by thatigboman: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
Onojanson:
I have being waiting for this Apology, Let the south africans know that we won that match.
we didnt win naa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'FIFA VAR' Introduced In Village Football Competition In Imo State (photos) / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.