Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. (17709 Views)

Super Falcons Loss In The WAFCON What Is The Way Forward? / Asisat Oshoala Reacts To Super Falcons Loss To Norway / Nigerians React To Super Eagles 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by naptu2: 2:43am On Nov 19, 2018
Nigerians (including famous sports journalists, Bode Oguntuyi and Gary Al Smith) have taken to social media to react to the Super Falcons' loss to South Africa. The Falcons lost 1-0 to Banyana Banyana in their first game at the 2018 African Women's Nations Cup in Ghana.

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by naptu2: 2:44am On Nov 19, 2018
More reactions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by naptu2: 2:44am On Nov 19, 2018
Even more reactions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by naptu2: 2:47am On Nov 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by naptu2: 2:47am On Nov 19, 2018

1 Like

Falcons complained

Bode Oguntuyi mentioned that Oparanozie and Oshoala have been complaining (see screenshot above). Well this (screenshots below) is what he was talking about (I created a thread about this in September 2017).

Since then, the full national team have only played a match against France (in which they lost 8-0) and two qualifying matches against Gambia.

Meanwhile, Ghana and South Africa have been playing against Sweden, France, Kenya, Chile and against each other.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by naptu2: 2:48am On Nov 19, 2018
South African captain, Janine Van Wyk, celebrating the fact that they were going to play a friendly against Sweden (they actually played 2 friendlies against Sweden, home and away). The Super Falcons page complained that Nigeria was not doing anything. Asisiat Oshoala hit up Ghanaian captain, Elizabeth Addo (amapele10) to find out if they were in the same situation. Elizabeth Addo said that they were going to play France (I thought that she was joking, but they did indeed play France. I think that Oshoala also thought that she was joking, because she joked that we are playing Germany).

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by naptu2: 2:48am On Nov 19, 2018
Someone on the other thread wondered why the Falcons were complaining. I challenged him, but he said that it's just women's football in Africa and we always win, no matter what. This was my response.

naptu2:

grin grin grin

When we end up playing qualifiers against (better prepared) teams like South Africa and Ghana and end up losing to them, I bet you guys will blame the players and coaches.

How anyone can be against regular friendlies and training sessions is beyond me.

https://www.nairaland.com/4019574/8-months-without-super-falcons/1

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by naptu2: 2:49am On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by ipobarethieves: 3:54am On Nov 19, 2018
undecided must una win it all
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Kenzico(m): 5:05am On Nov 19, 2018
angry
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:30am On Nov 19, 2018
Truly the loss to the Banyana Banyana was shocking but looking at how we played it is clear that the inactivity of our girls over the course of this year where we only played France and Gambia and the 100% inactivity in 2017 (played not a single friendly game) shone through against a side that has been busy playing games up and down.

The South African ladies have been working so hard since the last AWCON. Earlier this year, they were at the last Cyprus Women's international cup. Nigeria were meant to participate in the Alanya women's international cup taking place within same period as the Cyprus cup but the NFF pulled the plug on the deal.

South Africa didn't stop there oooo... They also played the Cosafa cup. They even invited Cameroun to come participate to make it a stronger competition and they soared beating Cameroun in the final 2-0.

What do you expect from a team that played no single friendly in 2017 and only played 3 games this year + a couple of Boys U-16 teams against a side that has played top quality matches in the last 22 months??!!!

See ehn, there is a saying that when Talent does not practice or work hard enough then surely Hardwork will catch up with talent and beat talent one day.

This is exactly what happened to our girls. They truly played like a side that has been so inactive and I blame the NFF for it bcoz after the girls demanded for their payments after the 2016 AWCON triumph, Amaju Pinnick and Co decided to sack Omagbemi, an AWCON winning coach and legend of Nigerian women football and bring in a man who, yes have a top record with Sweden and led them to bronze at the women's world cup in 2011I think, but has shown nothing in terms of technical class.

Almost two thirds of the second half was used trying to hoof the ball over the SA defence in route one style and I asked myself, "Is this how the Super Falcons play?? We are always known for passing the ball around on the ground in a sexy manner and not playing boring Route One!!!"

See ehn... The next opponent we play is Zambia and they won their game shockingly by 5-0 against Equatorial Guinea who are the only other side to have won the CAF AWCON apart from Nigeria. It would be war on Wednesday against the Shepolopolo. It is either our coach and girls dig deep within themselves and bring out the fire of what makes Our Super Falcons really super or it will be bye bye to France 2019 ticket and to the title before anyone says "Pinnick Amaju."

Even the Ghanaian fans in the stadium were so happy when we lost because they know we are the biggest threat to their chances of wanting to win their first AWCON especially on their home ground.

In all, I believe taking the Super Falcons half as seriously as the NFF take the Super Eagles will see thG this team remains the pride of the African Women game because truly other nations have truly closed the gap. In this age, Talent is no longer enough. One must keep practicing and preparing to stay at the top.
I rest my case.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 19, 2018
SUPER tolotolo
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by elganzar(m): 7:51am On Nov 19, 2018
People take their match serious?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by maxiuc(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2018
cheesy
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by husbandsnatcha(f): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2018
All our ladies ar so old dat dey cant even run, pitypity...it really spoil my outing yesterday undecided wt my guy because i forced him 2 watch it!
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Carzolah(m): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2018
That empty net miss from oparanozie
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Lusola15: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2018
Nigerians don't like to lose, I don't know why it is only in Nigeria two people will contest for something and one of them will win, the one wey lose no go gree ooo
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by AnalQueenluci: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
All our ladies ar so old dat dey cant even run, pitypity...it really spoil my outing yesterday undecided wt my guy because i forced him 2 watch it!
dnt u knw ,women age easily ,

An old woman is as aged horse dat cant serve u!
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by debuscket(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2018
They just cut my ticket
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by satowind(m): 8:02am On Nov 19, 2018
Buhari's clone must go come 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Codebrain173598: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2018
Okay

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Trendy247: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2018
F
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by calamus(m): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2018
I'm coming
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by marvin905(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2018
all Nff executive's are mo.rons..
they are killing this team
aside from that age is catching up with some of these ladies..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Truly the loss to the Banyana Banyana was shocking but looking at how we played it is clear that the inactivity of our girls over the course of this year where we only played France and Gambia and the 100% inactivity in 2017 (played not a single friendly game) shone through against a side that has been busy playing games up and down.

The South African ladies have been working so hard since the last AWCON. Earlier this year, they were at the last Cyprus Women's international cup. Nigeria were meant to participate in the Alanya women's international cup taking place within same period as the Cyprus cup but the NFF pulled the plug on the deal.

South Africa didn't stop there oooo... They also played the Cosafa cup. They even invited Cameroun to come participate to make it a stronger competition and they soared beating Cameroun in the final 2-0.

What do you expect from a team that played no single friendly in 2017 and only played 3 games this year + a couple of Boys U-16 teams against a side that has played top quality matches in the last 22 months??!!!

See ehn, there is a saying that when Talent does not practice or work hard enough then surely Hardwork will catch up with talent and beat talent one day.

This is exactly what happened to our girls. They truly played like a side that has been so inactive and I blame the NFF for it bcoz after the girls demanded for their payments after the 2016 AWCON triumph, Amaju Pinnick and Co decided to sack Omagbemi, an AWCON winning coach and legend of Nigerian women football and bring in a man who, yes have a top record with Sweden and led them to bronze at the women's world cup in 2011I think, but has shown nothing in terms of technical class.

Almost two thirds of the second half was used trying to hoof the ball over the SA defence in route one style and I asked myself, "Is this how the Super Falcons play?? We are always known for passing the ball around on the ground in a sexy manner and not playing boring Route One!!!"

See ehn... The next opponent we play is Zambia and they won their game shockingly by 5-0 against Equatorial Guinea who are the only other side to have won the CAF AWCON apart from Nigeria. It would be war on Wednesday against the Shepolopolo. It is either our coach and girls dig deep within themselves and bring out the fire of what makes Our Super Falcons really super or it will be bye bye to France 2019 ticket and to the title before anyone says "Pinnick Amaju."

Even the Ghanaian fans in the stadium were so happy when we lost because they know we are the biggest threat to their chances of wanting to win their first AWCON especially on their home ground.

In all, I believe taking the Super Falcons half as seriously as the NFF take the Super Eagles will see thG this team remains the pride of the African Women game because truly other nations have truly closed the gap. In this age, Talent is no longer enough. One must keep practicing and preparing to stay at the top.
I rest my case.
I couldn't have said it better..
Some of these Old legs needs to go..
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by RTSC: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2018
Those players are too old.
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by bleskid: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2018
Weldon my sisters, do your possible best nextime #superfac .. in game of football once there is time.. anything can happen.nogiveup
Re: Nigerians React To Super Falcons' Loss To South Africa. by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2018
ipobarethieves:
undecided must una win it all
I tired o, they have been winning all this yrs, only one loose them nor wan let person hear word.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Wins 2023 Nairaland Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award / Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches / Arsenal Complete Gabriel Jesus Signing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.