Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (99597 Views)

How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? / Share Your Worst Business Experience / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hesilo(m): 7:01am On Nov 20, 2018
spiritedtete:

You will get help when... You work in right direction and in wisdom.

That is what is called "time meets opportunity"

Sadly it's not easy to get help.in Nigeria as I have seen most hang outs.. friends... End up being a competition to themselves.
I think it's a black mentality too.

We (blacks) seldom help each other because we want to feel superior to our fellows..

When you do 15mins with majority of whites... You will hear hey.. "I know someone who can".. "take my card"... Or 'there this stuff I did like you to do for me".. " how can I "

Black will only gossip.. Talk about butts... Latest shoes etc.
Fawk... You damn right. Black man is truly the things the white man calls him. Devil!

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by ollykay619(m): 7:04am On Nov 20, 2018
Kutunban:
I've had numerous losses, I'm going to talk about the one I've tried to excel anyway.

I started goat production business 6 years ago with only theory knowledge no experience. I bought 45 red sokoto breed of goats and started feeding them without experience and professional to guide me through, I did online research about goat production business prospect and I got crazy information from online farmers who never owned livestock and couple with the fact I'm an animal scientist which I felt I'm good to go that was the greatest deceit I deed to my self.

To cut the story short I lost all the goats due to wrong management, diseases and worms and lack of good information. I lost over 700k Naira which include goat cost, so called consultant fees, feed and medications.

Note: I now have vast experience in goat farming with over 200+ matured female goats, over 80 bucks and plenty of kids too in my farm. I didn't give up and thank God for the support I got from my wife.

Never venture into a business without practical experience.
Don't be carried away by online bloggers who write crazy stuff about ROI

Please I have interest learning goat business. Can I contact you.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hamrad(m): 7:11am On Nov 20, 2018
I am very gratefull to everybody who shared their story in this thread, may God bless you all. reading from first page till the last page is a good investment.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by seunlayi(m): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2018
hamrad:
I am very gratefull to everybody who shared their story in this thread, may God bless you all. reading from first page till the last page is a good investment.
I just finished too, you first me to finish reading it all.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by timkuro(m): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2018
karferguso:
I had a mild loss this year
I imported some iPhones earlier this year to reselll but mumu me did not do due diligence on their unlock status. I ended up buying 3 locked phones spent like 60k+ to unlock 2 of them. I sold the last one like that. All in all, I made loss of around 20k and that’s because I bought very cheap if not, I for hear am. But I understand that was a learning curve. Hopefully, I won’t make that kind of mistake again
Where did you buy the phones from please?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hamrad(m): 7:20am On Nov 20, 2018
maybachmusic:

What issues do u have

Money mgt

Risk to reward

Capital

Trading approach?

EVERYTHING my email is rahmanhammed@yahoo.com pls help me bro i am badly in need of this
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2018
hamrad:

EVERYTHING my email is rahmanhammed@yahoo.com pls help me bro i am badly in need of this

Well at least answer some of the questions

Others can learn here too
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by khassy(m): 7:24am On Nov 20, 2018
Purplekush:
You see this guys, chrisvicmall (see pic attached), them done help boys life well well when it comes to importing stuffs from China. I hail una. Make I leak secret for una. Go and learn internet business if you no get money to start BIG BUSINESS

One of the few companies on NL I can vouch for anytime, anyday.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hamrad(m): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2018
seunlayi:

I just finished too, you first me to finish reading it all.
Hope you learn something because i did, all in all may God bless our hustle.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hamrad(m): 7:29am On Nov 20, 2018
maybachmusic:

Well at least answer some of the questions

Others can learn here too

my main problem is trading approach, i have not get a good trading strategy, although greedy have cost me a lot in the past.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Ymix94(m): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2018
I made a series of bad investments early this year.
I tried a canteen business with a friend in another state while I'm in Lagos. The business collapse within 3months of opening it. I learnt a great business lessons from it over 900k lost.
I again tried farming early in March as another source of income still in another state with one of the local recommended to me. I put over 400k to plant yams on a large scale. After planting and everything the man will be collecting money from me without taking care of the farm. Before l could realized what's going on the whole farm is covered with weed. I wept bitterly deep inside of me.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by khassy(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2018
I see people talking about cryptocurrencies here so I think is should add this

Lost 750k to Ethereum in January
Invested 350k in altcoins in January and had to sell off in September for 46k after HODLing thinking it'll yeast.
Lost another 1.6m to gift cards in September.
Coupled with occasional 100k, 150k, 50k loses throughout the year

All in all, I still don't think I lost anything significant.. I just feel I got more experienced.

For anyone trying to venture into crypto currency is at this time. I advise you just invest your money somewhere else Sha.. the good ol days are over..

It's the red season now grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by seunlayi(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2018
hamrad:
Hope you learn something because i did, all in all may God bless our hustle.
sure. I only read fp on nairaland but on this thread and the other million.... Thread. I read all

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by chimoskyg(m): 7:43am On Nov 20, 2018
Why my thought was I have been a bad loser. Seeing people sharing lots of experience made feel like I was a mere loser. So my first was 850k lost to some Fadama scheme in JOS just when I got admitted to Unijos. It was hell though, but I tried to go over it still hope it the pastor might one day pay back.
Second was, i try to gather a little during my 300L to open a barbing saloon which I updated here on Nairaland for the joy of having something, but it never achieved the aim because giving people your business to manage is way wrong in this part of the World . I learnt never to give a business for someone to manage.
So I have to sell it as low as 45k to encourage the guy who has been staying in the shop due to his status and his Mum want him engaged. The truth is I only got just 25k. Left all for for Godswill.
I delve into blogging it never sees the light of the day and I am so surprised seeing people sharing how much they made in a day in this same thread.

Finished service last year, still in the state I served. I have to get something doing, can’t afford going back knowing how hard it will be. So I am an agent to Bet9ja. Please good investor here I need a good and serious business to invest on.
I hope my little cent encourage someone out there especially those passing out of NYSC.

Pls a good genuine online buz, am interested.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Princejebs(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2018
comedynaija:
Bought Some watches from Ali, watches came, no one to buy at my price, sold to mallam at a reduced price.
Please can u show teach me how to order products from Ali express.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hesilo(m): 7:57am On Nov 20, 2018
maybachmusic:
Lost 15k$ to lending in crypto
Also made more though

Thank God for forex trading

Issa $ life cool
Bro show me way, I Will be paying my tithe to you. I lost my job and currently struggling to survive at 32. 07061232381
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2018
hamrad:
my main problem is trading approach, i have not get a good trading strategy, although greedy have cost me a lot in the past.

I trade between time frames sh
4hr to see the trend

.1hr to take trades

Few trades a week not for greedy traders sha

And fact my capital is bug also 5/digit usd

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2018
hesilo:

Bro show me way, I Will be paying my tithe to you. I lost my job and currently struggling to survive at 32. 07061232381

Professional forex Trading is capital intensive

But for a start and practice u can get free 50$ from fbs
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by gift01: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2018
Leo10000:

Actually, that is my niche,Although,my experience is still young in it,I dwell on poultry too

Had same hard core story too
Been doing d fish biz on a small scale for a while now which has been owk on d average in terms of turn over,early this year,wanted expanding my coast in the cat fish biz which made me to rent an earthen pond for about 3000 juveniles...
to cut d story short,I lost those numbers to about just 37 pieces due to biosecurity.
to make things worst,all these happened a month to harvest.
that is my own story,I actually lost a lot
still on my poultry biz at the moment.
Realise today is your birthday,happy birthday to u!
how profitable is the poultry biz
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by beatmonster(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2018
khassy:
I see people talking about cryptocurrencies here so I think is should add this

Lost 750k to Ethereum in January
Invested 350k in altcoins in January and had to sell off in September for 46k after HODLing thinking it'll yeast.
Lost another 1.6m to gift cards in September.
Coupled with occasional 100k, 150k, 50k loses throughout the year

All in all, I still don't think I lost anything significant.. I just feel I got more experienced.

For anyone trying to venture into crypto currency is at this time. I advise you just invest your money somewhere else Sha.. the good ol days are over..

It's the red season now grin grin grin

you didn't learn the most important lesson.

"the time to buy is when there is blood (red season) in the street" - Baron Rothschild.

If I had big fund I can afford to lose, I will find all promising Cryptos that are at all time low and spread my portfolio across them.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hesilo(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2018
maybachmusic:

Professional forex Trading is capital intensive

But for a start and practice u can get free 50$ from fbs
what is fbs sir and how do I get the 50$
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Bovijean: 8:15am On Nov 20, 2018
please i'm also interested in buying phones on small scale... can you help me out?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hamrad(m): 8:17am On Nov 20, 2018
maybachmusic:

I trade between time frames sh 4hr to see the trend
.1hr to take trades
Few trades a week not for greedy traders sha
And fact my capital is bug also 5/digit usd
Please can you teach and give me mentorship? if yes lets go private
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by clive2u(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2018
kalu61:
funny you. People de talk thousands and million na 100 u come de tell me. My own white paper for done open shop for me
if u add all d 100 wey i don spend u go shock
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by adaeze12345(f): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2018
the rate kidnapping in bayelsa and river state is alarming... Nigeria in ge
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Bovijean: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2018
really inspiring thread
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Purplekush(m): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2018
egwekwe:

What's the hot niche you're into...

Just give me the name and I'll make enquiries myself..

You don't need to tutor me or send me any video tutorial unless you want.

The internet is full of lots of money making information, the right search keywords is just what's lacking

Yes you're right. I do weight loss and beauty. But then it's not much about the niche, its what you do in the niche market that counts. I have lots of friends in the health niche who don't see a dime. Have others doing 6-7 figures monthly in it too. I really don't do trainings anymore.

I need to hit my first 100m per annum before I open this my mouth and tell someone "here is how to make money online" again.

7 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply)

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, / Dollar To Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.