Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,950 members, 7,810,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? (14111 Views)

Seychelles Places A Ban On Nigerian Passport Holders / Opay, Max.ng May Go As Lagos Decides On Okada, Tricycle Operation / Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by jchioma: 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
In election times like this, politicians try not to disturb the 'peace'. All forms of Illegality is allowed.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by MikelIbe: 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
The madness , dirty environment, black and smelly canals, drainages full of poo poo and plastics, in Lagos is beyond human comprehension. If someone like Trump comes here, he will rejoice and say "" I said it ! .I told ya that Nigeria is a fukkken shit hole""". with lifeless niggaz running it.

1 Like

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by yinkus6750(m): 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
Why must they ban okada?
No good roads, hold up everywhere, no good transportation system, despite the increasing number of commuters.
Instead of them to regulate okada operations, they placed an ineffective ban.
Go to Oshodi and Ikeja bus stops, and see hundreds of okadas plying Lagos- Abeokuta express road daily.
Who wants to spend his entire day inside hold up?

1 Like

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by MikelIbe: 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
The madness , dirty environment, black and smelly canals, drainages full of poo poo and plastics, in Lagos is beyond human comprehension. If someone like Trump comes here, he will rejoice and say "" I said it ! .I told ya that Nigeria is a. f. u..c..k..e..n. shit hole""". with lifeless n..I..g..a..z running it.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by hotdealz(m): 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
The roads are terrible! What do you expect?
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by Bridget95(f): 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Okadas are still operational but they only operate in hidden enclaves, they can't freely commute on major roads.
But Gokada can.
Lagos State is so confused and their laws are so self-contradcitory?

Why ban regular okadas and allow Gokada free operations in the state?
It then seems to me that the reason normal bikes are banned is because they don't look sophiscated.

That is one big fvckery Ambode needs to explain to me before he is booted away from Alausa.

Al I'm saying is,
If you must ban bikes, let it be total.
Ban Gokada as well.
I thought this man lives in Ishi alangwa not knowing that he is a Lagos man.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by WilliamsNedd: 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
davodyguy:
You seldom post false information and the mods keep moving your topics to the homepage, probably due to an alliance.

Okada Activities were banned since 2012 by Fashola Administration

Try Ikoyi, VI and Lekki if you'll find a single commercial motorcyclist on the road

Oga do you live in Lagos? Even inside VI, opposite Kilimanjaro,there are lots of bike men there. Then go to Lekki,you still have them there(Ikate precisely). Verify your info before rubbishing someone's research.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
Which ban

You wey dey ask you never enter okada this year?
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by tete7000(m): 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
They always relax their laws in build up to election in order not to attract fury of those who end up voting them
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by bibiking7(m): 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2018

Whoever wrote this ish. God bless you.

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by musaapollos: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
Going forward we need seperate lanes for our okadas, honestly.... that will greatly reduce road traffic crash on our road

1 Like

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by themanderon: 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
Election is around the corner again so they will relax all oppressive laws to deceive the gullibles. When they return to power the oppression continues.
A citizenry full of simpletons.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
They are all over Ikorodu Road. I was still complaining to a colleague today.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by Whobedatte(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
dazzlingd:

May your ancestors deliver you from poverty.....it's a spiritual thing. Dream big, not worrying of how to survive without okada
So ,in your warped analogy, a sport car would fly and beat the terrific Lagos traffic abi
You seem to want to talk , however , talk with an iota of sense
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by Judicible(m): 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
Bia Autojoshua be careful no spoil business for me na
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by jrusky(m): 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
Go and ask Fashola that question.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by aku626(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
It’s normal during election season. They’d be banned afterwards
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by bookishme: 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2018
azraeljaheel:
leave them be ooooo

okada has been a life saver

gowon estate to ikeja to oshodi
this is risky. You are plying okada on major express (Lagos/Abeokuta) expressway. Sometimes I see them face oncoming vehicles. Pls avoid it if you can

1 Like

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
bookishme:
this is risky. You are plying okada on major express (Lagos/Abeokuta) expressway. Sometimes I see them face oncoming vehicles. Pls avoid it if you can

iwish

bike is like the fastest means to get to anywhere on the mainland...... the traffic is terrible

person fit die wake up back for lagos traffic
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by Tizu(m): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
Come to Fagba - Iju we call the okada people there the kings of the road because they ply one way in droves and are knocking people down left right and center on the road they are banned from operating in. Gov. Ambode is a monumental failure pls let him come and be going.

1 Like

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by Conceptman: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
chloride6:

As in eh?

Na Okada dey save my life. See as tanker go park for road from staduim reach apongbon.
very useful in traffic situations. it has helped me get to destinations quicker
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by Mailthaddeus(m): 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
davodyguy:
You seldom post false information and the mods keep moving your topics to the homepage, probably due to an alliance.

Try Ikoyi, VI and Lekki if you'll find a single commercial motorcyclist on the road

Oga, Okada full lekki, VI and Ikoyi. These are my regular daily routes. I take bike from CMS to VI steadily. Lekki to costain or even anywhere.. Bikes operate wella in these places u ve mentioned

2 Likes

Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by TheAlchemist: 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
Conceptman:
very useful in traffic situations. it has helped me get to destinations quicker

I bet you some okada victims at igbobi orthopedic hospital will in anguish disagree with you. Okada has ruined so many lives and cut short so many dreams.
If okada must be allowed it must be properly regulated I think companies such as go kada and maxng were formed for such purposes.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by airsaylongcon: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
davodyguy:

All those places u mentioned have active Okada units. Lekki for example has a unit at Phase 1 gate to anywhere in Phase 1.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by atobs4real(m): 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Okadas are still operational but they only operate in hidden enclaves, they can't freely commute on major roads.
But Gokada can.
Lagos State is so confused and their laws are so self-contradictory?

Why ban regular okadas and allow Gokada free operations in the state?
It then seems to me that the reason normal bikes are banned is because they don't look sophiscated.

That is one big fvckery Ambode needs to explain to me before he is booted away from Alausa.

Al I'm saying is,
If you must ban bikes, let it be total.
Ban Gokada as well.
Local bikes such as Bajaj, Honda, haojue etc are not big engine and they are not approved to run every where Gokada uses the approved bike
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by litaninja(m): 12:48am On Nov 20, 2018
Lagos does not have a government currently...
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by arrestdarrester: 2:04am On Nov 20, 2018
Anh anh Op, are you a learner?

There are no restrictive laws in Lagos during elections and campaign periods. Na after dem don win dem dey face the masses with demolish this, ban that, proscribe those etc
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by arrestdarrester: 2:05am On Nov 20, 2018
atobs4real:

Local bikes such as Bajaj, Honda, haojue etc are not big engine and they are not approved to run every where Gokada uses the approved bike

Meaning?

Is it not an okada?

Thank God Ambode is going
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by omonla10(m): 6:16am On Nov 20, 2018
The fight is not about the menace of Okada. It's purely about the pathetic state of Lagos roads. Good roads with less traffic would greatly minimize the use of Okada.
Re: Is There Still A Ban On Okada Activities In Lagos? by Conceptman: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2018
TheAlchemist:

I bet you some okada victims at igbobi orthopedic hospital will in anguish disagree with you. Okada has ruined so many lives and cut short so many dreams.
If okada must be allowed it must be properly regulated I think companies such as go kada and maxng were formed for such purposes.
I agree with u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Study In Canada / Top Security Tips For Nigerians / 241 Nigerians 'voluntarily' Return From Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.