Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . (6719 Views)

Obiano And Oshiomhole At 4th Nnamdi Azikwe's Lecture Awka / Iara And Oshiomhole, Otedola, Dangote At DJ Cuppy’s Lagos Gig (photo) / Boko Haram And Oshiomhole's PA Killers, Wearing The Same Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Becomrich0: 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
That must be a false story, AC would not be stupid to field Nuhu ribadu. He cant win in the north. And we do not trust him. That was the person that arrested mostly southerner, while leaving his own people who were criminal. I have never see anyone who said he likes Nuhu ribadu expect Nairaland propaganda about Nuhu. NUhu is a no no. He cant be trusted.

AC have people they can field, better chance at winning than Nuhu ridadu. But the best is for AC is to join force under a New labour party. A merge with labour gives them 3 state already. And a better chance of winning. The PDP can not beat the labour party in Nigeria under a free and fair election.

i told you my name was given to me by Gani fawehinmi step mother. When Gani fawehinmi was alive, when they say stay home. The whole nigerian workers stay home, even in the north. So a merge with Labour party is the better for the AC. under the labour party. they would already have 3 state. Can PDP rig an election against a strong labour party. ? no. they would go on strike and kick them out.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by DrKitaun(m): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
DayoK

u should understand that we warned Atiku not to contest just few days before elections in 2007, the argument was: after 13 victories in court against OBJ, he had been vindicated enuff and going 2 d polls would make a mess of it all . . .so aburo, its not a DO OR DIE affair for AC to win Pres Elections!
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Jul 26, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

DayoK

u should understand that we warned Atiku not to contest just few days before elections in 2007, the argument was: after 13 victories in court against OBJ, he had been vindicated enuff and going 2 d polls would make a mess of it all . . .so aburo, its not a DO OR DIE affair for AC to win Pres Elections!

Its not about winning actually, Its about making a statement that the AC is not satisfied with the current leadership and the AC has better options for the Nigerian populace.

Its never a do or die thing

Becomrich0:

i told you my name was given to me by Gani fawehinmi step mother. When Gani fawehinmi was alive, when they say stay home. The whole nigerian workers stay home, even in the north. So a merge with Labour party is the better for the AC. under the labour party. they would already have 3 state. Can PDP rig an election against a strong labour party. ? no. they would go on strike and kick them out.

Selu Olanabi kareem!!!!! Salala wa le wa Salaam!!!
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
Becomrich0:

That must be a false story, AC would not be silly to field Nuhu ribadu. He cant win in the north. And we do not trust him. That was the person that arrested mostly southerner, while leaving his own people who were criminal. I have never see anyone who said he likes Nuhu ribadu expect Nairaland propaganda about Nuhu. NUhu is a no no. He cant be trusted.

AC have people they can field, better chance at winning than Nuhu ridadu. But the best is for AC is to join force under a New labour party. A merge with labour gives them 3 state already. And a better chance of winning. The PDP can not beat the labour party in Nigeria under a free and fair election.

Wow, you're very popular o. Were you also the president's son?
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Alxmyr(m): 12:06am On Jul 27, 2010
Oshiomole does not need to give up his seat as governor.
He can run as sitting governor as VP.
Peradventure he loses, he will still have his seat.
His election for renewal of term comes up in 2012
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 27, 2010
Becomrich0:

That must be a false story, AC would not be silly to field Nuhu ribadu. He cant win in the north. And we do not trust him. That was the person that arrested mostly southerner, while leaving his own people who were criminal. I have never see anyone who said he likes Nuhu ribadu expect Nairaland propaganda about Nuhu. NUhu is a no no. He cant be trusted.

shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Becomerich can see how bright the future of Labour Party is.

It is a party with a natural base all around the country. They just need to make their precence felt to capture their rightful place in Nigeria's political space.

AC already has a relationship with Labout Party. They should go into full gear with it as a coalition of progressives and present themselves as the Labour Partyy,
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by DrKitaun(m): 6:20am On Jul 27, 2010
@DK

we can prove that we cannot be run over again like OBJ did to get his 2nd term, 1st we must claim back d SW states. Forget the dalliances, whoever PDP annoints would win, the enabling structures are there 4 them

Mimiko is quasi-AC and he would defect b4 elections.
Our guber candidates most likely would be

Lagos: BRF (Sosan would not be on his ticket)

Ekiti: Fayemi

Edo: Oshiomhole

Ondo: Mimiko

Oyo: Ajimobi

Ogun: Amosun

Osun: Aregbesola
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by dayokanu(m): 7:33am On Jul 27, 2010
These are the same guys who lost last elections for AC
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by marketplace(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2010
Let's watch the scene as it unfolds
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by waleadex(m): 11:19am On Jul 27, 2010
Rubbish,
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by olafolarin(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2010
dayokanu:

These are the same guys who lost last elections for AC

They were riggedout o Last elections by OBJ and Iwu.
2011 is a date with destiny in SouthWest.Progressives will take over the entire South West
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by anonimi: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2010
both of them will be wasting their time, InshaAllah, DV.
Let Goodluck do a second term on behalf of his joint ticket with late Yaradua.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by DrKitaun(m): 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2010
DK

too much 'sina' no dey allow u c road again.

BRF won flat in Lagos and Oshiomhole after his victory in court.

Amosun won with ANPP in Ogun, same with Ajimobi in Oyo but were rigged out by PDP.

Aregbe's case is neither here or there but FAYEMI WAS GALLANTLESS ROBBED IN EKITI . . .ask Toyin !

So accept u goofed and we will move on !
Fayemi was rigged out,
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by waleadex(m): 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2010
@anonimi,i agree wit u, infact to hell with ribadu for personal reasons,
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Mkpotu(m): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
Action Congress is just dreaming, they should rather wake up.

People like Atiku left the party because they know the party doesn't have what it takes to win a Presidential election instead a tribal party, , the party is dead in the north east, north west, north central, south east, 1/6 alive south south and the so-called south west. Anyway, it is good to strategize. But as far as I am concerned, PDP will still win election come 2011 but I don't know who is the candidate.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by chidichris(m): 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
if ribadu likes, let him make clinton his running mate, he will not pass.
ribadu has got a lot of unanswered questions on his head.
and some of these questions will include;
1. why did atiku not go to jail after he(ribadu) told us in 2007 that atiku is a criminal?
2. why did tony annenih and the fg not asnwer any question from him based on the contract given on ibadan-benin expressway?
3. what was his findings in the nigeria ports authority (npa) under bode george and why did it has to take waziri to jail george and not ribadu?
4. why did it has to take 10 yrs to open a case on vincent ogbulafor's misappropriation of funds?
5. what was the differences between alams case of money laundary and that of andy uba in the uk and usa respectively and why did one go to jail and the other remained a saint?
6. how far did he(ribadu) go with iyabo obasanjo's investigation under him?
7. what happened in the ettehgate and why was a guilty party not sent to jail?

all these and some other under resolved matters are still waiting for clearance from him alone. nigerians see ribadu as a deciet and he will change that mindset with a national explanations.

by the way, would obj even allow ribadu to come back and give him a fight in his own personal republic of nigeria?

ribadu was as good as soludo and when soludo came to context in the anambra gubernitorial election, i told us here that he will not succeed because he was used.
under obj, we know one woman was clean and cld not last.
ribadu is a criminal who ran away after his deadly acts only to return on the orders of his co-criminals.
nobody is blind to his actions and anyone who is not ready to face our law courts must learn to stay away from public offices.
his partner el -rufai has said it that no court has right to try him. tony annenih said no put in nigeria is big enough to cook him and these men are working to bring sanity when they cannot be tried by anyone including our constitution.
it is a shame that nigeria has decayed to this level.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
olafolarin:

They were riggedout o Last elections by OBJ and Iwu.
2011 is a date with destiny in SouthWest.Progressives will take over the entire South West

the south west has always been progressive and i believe the glory of 1999-2003 can still be achieve in 2011 with a formidable opposition to oust the pdp.
Mkpotu:

Action Congress is just dreaming, they should rather wake up.

People like Atiku left the party because they know the party doesn't have what it takes to win a Presidential election instead a tribal party, , the party is dead in the north east, north west, north central, south east, 1/6 alive south south and the so-called south west. Anyway, it is good to strategize. But as far as I am concerned, PDP will still win election come 2011 but I don't know who is the candidate.
it's never too late to form a good party.Ac may be a yoruba party but with effective alliance,they would come out strong especially with the fact that a northerner is on the joint ticket coupled with pdp's betrayal of the north on rotational presidency.
pdm was also a northern party but became a national party simply because people win election on its platform,thereby,making it stronger.if votes are alowed to count,a couple of surprises could spring up during the elction.people are tired of pdp and their evils.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by dustydee: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
NOT Oshiomole.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
There is no effective opposition in Nigeria, because all parties except PDP (warts, wrinkles and all) are self centred, micro-ethnic organisations.
If they are to be taken seriously, they need to band together to form a cross-cultural, representative party.

As things currently go, PDP will win 2011 by landslide. cool
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by naso2(m): 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2010
If the ANPP/AD alliance that produced Olu falae could not defeat PDP , I get confused when people now expect magic from these smaller parties. APP(or was it ANPP) had control of much more states than we have now. AD on the other hand had all of the south-west states with encouraging presence in Kwara. A ribadu/Oshiomole ticket will only win the presdential election on NL alone.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by kobikwelu(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2010
of all comments made here,

only na_so has said it as it is , REALITY ON GROUND

nuhu ribadu win the presidency?? i laff in hausa (and on another ticket apart from the PDP)

what drives the PDP is greed!!! its like a black hole that sucks everybody in, once you taste the gravvy train, you wont wanna leave, the lure of money is just toooooo much,
who ever believed that a northerner would campaign for Jonathan reason: money

atiku left and when him money finish, he tried comming back to his utter humiliation (he was told to go and register at his ward-he is irrelevant in politics currently).

to win election in this country , especially PRESIDENTIAL elections, you need bullion vans of money (hard currency if i may add) to finance channels, where will AC get this money (from edo state only??) phullleeassseee

how much of the independence celebration money would be used for what its meant for, not to talk of the amount of security votes from the states that would get ploughed back into the PDP accounts, what of the excess crude accounts that would be depleted

the point is that the power of incumbency is paramount!!!!!!!!!!

the guvnors of states have a critical role, dunt forget donald duke's article on rigging,

NIGERIANS DO NOT VOTE oopps, i meant NIGERIANS VOTES DO NOT COUNT, cry cry cry cry

so no matter the amount of countering by a northern candidate on another platform, as far as the president appoints the REC's and the party in the state supplies the principal officers in the polling booths, NO JUPITER!!! I REPEAT NO JUPITER (except God ofcourse wink wink) would stop an incumbent president in this country
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
^
True talk. cry cry cry cry
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2010
What have this people done to warrants people's trust?
Especially Oshiomhole
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
kobikwelu:

of all comments made here,

only na_so has said it as it is , REALITY ON GROUND

nuhu ribadu win the presidency?? i laff in hausa (and on another ticket apart from the PDP)

what drives the PDP is greed!!! its like a black hole that sucks everybody in, once you taste the gravvy train, you wont wanna leave, the lure of money is just toooooo much,
who ever believed that a northerner would campaign for Jonathan reason: money

atiku left and when him money finish, he tried comming back to his utter humiliation (he was told to go and register at his ward-he is irrelevant in politics currently).

to win election in this country , especially PRESIDENTIAL elections, you need bullion vans of money (hard currency if i may add) to finance channels, where will AC get this money (from edo state only??) phullleeassseee

how much of the independence celebration money would be used for what its meant for, not to talk of the amount of security votes from the states that would get ploughed back into the PDP accounts, what of the excess crude accounts that would be depleted

the point is that the power of incumbency is paramount!!!!!!!!!!

the guvnors of states have a critical role, dunt forget donald duke's article on rigging,

NIGERIANS DO NOT VOTE oopps, i meant NIGERIANS VOTES DO NOT COUNT, cry cry cry cry

so no matter the amount of countering by a northern candidate on another platform, as far as the president appoints the REC's and the party in the state supplies the principal officers in the polling booths, NO JUPITER!!! I REPEAT NO JUPITER (except God ofcourse wink wink) would stop an incumbent president in this country

What on Earth are you talking about? Was OBJ not an incumbent President, with far more influence and political support than Jonathan, when third term failed? You mention money. OBJ had truckloads of it yet others matched him kobo for kobo to defeat third term !!!! Of course the power of incumbency is important in Nigeria . What you don't understand is that Jonathan , like OBJ and his third term agenda , is an ideological 'hard sell' , even political enemies will get together to fight despite all his "endorsement" by the usual mercenaries and lightweights .

Obj was encouraged to spend billions trying to actualise a third  term agenda because many mercenaries (especially from the North ) had told him it was achieveable because money is all it takes . We all saw that  "money is not all it takes" since OBJ failed. Let Jonathan declare openly and let the PDP endorse him before you guys , simply based on incumbency , start ascribing a 100% victory to an individual who , aside from financial inducement of duplicitous chameleons, does not really have the ideological support of the politicians themselves despite all the sycophantic "endorsement" noise .

You guys don't know Nigeria if you think , despite the noise from the 'rented crowd' , that Jonathan will win even One Northern State against a Popular Northern candidate the North has covertly decided to back. The PDP will be doing themselves in if they give Jonathan the ticket. What is not disclosed to the average Nigerian is far more important that the populist jargon we read in newspapers . Even Northern PDP Governors 'who have backed Jonathan publicly and chopped his dollar' will deliver their States to the 'annointed' Northern candidate. Let us wait to see if Jonathan even get's the PDP ticket before we start guessing .
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by kobikwelu(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2010
What on Earth are you talking about? Was OBJ not an incumbent President, with far more influence and political support than Jonathan, when third term failed? You mention money. OBJ had truckloads of it yet others matched him kobo for kobo to defeat third term !!!! Of course the power of incumbency is important in Nigeria . What you don't understand is that Jonathan , like OBJ and his third term agenda , is an ideological 'hard sell' , even political enemies will get together to fight despite all his "endorsement" by the usual mercenaries and lightweights .

Obj was encouraged to spend billions trying to actualise a third term agenda because many mercenaries (especially from the North ) had told him it was achieveable because money is all it takes . We all saw that "money is not all it takes" since OBJ failed. Let Jonathan declare openly and let the PDP endorse him before you guys , simply based on incumbency , start ascribing a 100% victory to an individual who , aside from financial inducement of duplicitous chameleons, does not really have the ideological support of the politicians themselves despite all the sycophantic "endorsement" noise .

oga!!!

this is a diferent scenario

if you take time and read the last paragraph of my writeup, you would see why rigging occurs in this country!!!
OBJ was able to win elections in a landslide victory,

DONT COMPARE ELECTIONS TO CHANGING A COUNTRY'S CONSTITUTION, THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!

what does it take to ammend our constitution(2/3rd majority, how many house members??), the whole nation's eyes were on the senate and HOR!!!
they just couldnt amend it cause most of the house members were being exposed and they feared ridicule,

why does corruption breed in this countryits because its done in secrect!!! away from the prying eyes of the world!!!

an election is different!!!!!

all it takes is to appoint a REC and the governor appoints all principal officers from the party!!!!

THAT IS HOW ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED!!!

IN THE LAST TWO ELECTION. EVEN AWARENES WAS THERE AND OBSERVERS WERE PRESENT, RIGGING STILL HAPPENED!!!!

THUMB PRINTING IS DONE IN SECRET BY FACELESS PEOPLE!!! SUBSTITUTION OF RESULTS ARE DONE IN SECRET!!!!

ALL IT TAKES IS FOR THE RESULTS TO BE ANNOUNCED ON TV!!!!!

ammending a constitution and election rigging are 2 different tins

obj was able to win a landslide election
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by oluagness(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2010
No way, absolutely no way for northerners
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by kobikwelu(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
You guys don't know Nigeria if you think , despite the noise from the 'rented crowd' , that Jonathan will win even One Northern State against a Popular Northern candidate the North has covertly decided to back. The PDP will be doing themselves in if they give Jonathan the ticket. What is not disclosed to the average Nigerian is far more important that the populist jargon we read in newspapers . Even Northern PDP Governors 'who have backed Jonathan publicly and chopped his dollar' will deliver their States to the 'annointed' Northern candidate. Let us wait to see if Jonathan even get's the PDP ticket before we start guessing .

and the person in your opinnion would be , ribadu??
or is it atiku? that cant get registered in his ward

or is it IBB ??

phuuulleeaasseeeeeeee
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by OYBMEND: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
I wish OBJ will just set us free in 2011 and realise that Jonathan is not the real deal.

Donald Duke is the man.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by kobikwelu(m): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^^^

where did this guy come from?
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
kobikwelu:

oga!!!

this is a diferent scenario

if you take time and read the last paragraph of my writeup, you would see why rigging occurs in this country!!!
OBJ was able to win elections in a landslide victory,

DONT COMPARE ELECTIONS TO CHANGING A COUNTRY'S CONSTITUTION, THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!

what does it take to ammend our constitution(2/3rd majority, how many house members??), the whole nation's eyes were on the senate and HOR!!!
they just couldnt amend it cause most of the house members were being exposed and they feared ridicule,

why does corruption breed in this countryits because its done in secrect!!! away from the prying eyes of the world!!!

an election is different!!!!!

all it takes is to appoint a REC and the governor appoints all principal officers from the party!!!!

THAT IS HOW ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED!!!

IN THE LAST TWO ELECTION. EVEN AWARENES WAS THERE AND OBSERVERS WERE PRESENT, RIGGING STILL HAPPENED!!!!

THUMB PRINTING IS DONE IN SECRET BY FACELESS PEOPLE!!! SUBSTITUTION OF RESULTS ARE DONE IN SECRET!!!!

ALL IT TAKES IS FOR THE RESULTS TO BE ANNOUNCED ON TV!!!!!

ammending a constitution and election rigging are 2 different tins

obj was able to win a landslide election

That was because the political establishment did not care since the Presidency was still zoned to the SW region !!!! When OBJ tried for third term the game changed . You keep talking about rigging being easier than a change in the constitution without appreciating that money and incumbency alone will not make Governors rig their States for a Presidential candidate their citizens will terrorise them for !!!! Do we have a constitutional allowance for the "doctrine of neccesity" that led to the hand over of the Presidency to Jonathan or did the political class , when push came to shove, plagiarise Femi Falana's thoughts to bring to an end an impasse that was impeding "business-as-usual" ?  Was Aondoakaa (Jonathan's latest pal ) not making a mockery of the constitution with his spurious interpretations while Yardy was comatose? Abeg forget the Nigerian constitution. Politicians only respect it when it serves their purpose !!!

I don't understand why some of you cannot fathom that it is more likely that most Northern Governor , despite 'open' support for Jonathan, will deliver their States to an endorsed Northern candidate (perhaps at the last minute) when it becomes obvious that money is not worth having when you will become a traitor to a highly clannish set of folks .

http://74.52.156.70/dailytrust/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=544:zoningnorthern-govs-in-dilemma&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

The Northern Governors Forum is scheduled to meet in Kaduna to collate views of people in the region, following a resolution mandating the governors to embark on consultation across their respective states in preparation for the decision day earlier set at July 22. The meeting was shifted to today.
Reliable sources close to the forum told Daily Trust yesterday that the governors were in a fix over the potential political repercussions of taking a stand either way.
On the one hand, while many of the governors would want to ingratiate themselves to President Goodluck Jonathan by supporting his presidential ambition, they are also wary of the possible backlash at home where most people appear to be for zoning. On the other hand, governors who support zoning do not want to come out openly to canvass for it because this is likely to generate friction with the president.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by kobikwelu(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^^^^

the same northern region that has the largest divide btw its government and its people,

all it needs is to arrange zobo and kunu and they would follow the food train!!!

state one candidate that can galvanize the north? (BUHARI?he has been pushed out of ANPP shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked the so-called person that can galvanize the north)

why is IBB , ATIKU falling over themselves to comeback into the PDP?
Why is IBB dedicating 500 cars with a war chest just for these elections

why not join labour party and "galvanize" the north to vote out the infidels?

IS IT NOT THE SAME ISSUE THAT SOME NORTHERN GOVERNORS NOT ON THE PLATFORM OF THE pdp OPTED OUT OF THEIR MEETING COS THEY FELT IT WAS A PDP MATTER?

my brother tins have changed,
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by kobikwelu(m): 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2010
[b]That was because the political establishment did not care since the Presidency was still zoned to the SW region !!!! [/b]When OBJ tried for third term the game changed . You keep talking about rigging being easier than a change in the constitution without appreciating that money and incumbency alone will not make Governors rig their States for a Presidential candidate their citizens will terrorise them for !!!! Do we have a constitutional allowance for the "doctrine of neccesity" that led to the hand over of the Presidency to Jonathan or did the political class , when push came to shove, plagiarised Femi Falana's thoughts to bring to an end an impasse that was impeding "business-as-usual" ? Was Aondoakaa (Jonathan's latest pal ) not making a mockery of the constitution with his spurious interpretations while Yardy was comatose? Abeg forget the Nigerian constitution. Politicians only respect it when it serves their purpose !!!

I don't understand why some of you cannot fathom that it is more likely that most Northern Governor , despite 'open' support for Jonathan, will deliver their States to an endorsed Northern candidate (perhaps at the last minute) when it becomes obvious that money is not worth having when you will become a traitor to a highly clannish set of folks .

^^^^^

that allowed OBJ handpick governors from the north (even atiku lost in his state)
that allowed him de-northernize the army heirachy??
that allowed him de-northernize nnpc heirachy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers / BREAKING NEWS ; Delta State REC Arrested. / Give Us Biafra, All SS/SE Are Saying, Give Us Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.