Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . (6721 Views)

Obiano And Oshiomhole At 4th Nnamdi Azikwe's Lecture Awka / Iara And Oshiomhole, Otedola, Dangote At DJ Cuppy’s Lagos Gig (photo) / Boko Haram And Oshiomhole's PA Killers, Wearing The Same Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by naso2(m): 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2010
@mikeansy

please in very clear terms list the sins of jonathan. we learn everyday.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by kobikwelu(m): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
gbawe,

all you have said is based on hypothetical scenarios,

nothing in life is guaranteed, you could drive out and get mugged, you could take a step and get an ankle injury,life itself is not guaranteed.

the two main camps on this issue  on NL

its johnathan election to loose and  
the north would scuttle his plan

i have always said that till the north produce a credible candidate , then  lets talk

as for the NGF , you can interprete their statement anyhow you want,

how do u expect the NGF to come out and formally "endorse" goodluck??

as they have said, its a purely pdp matter,

so whatever the pdp has put in place is a pdp affair and they should "sort" themselves out,

ALL IT TAKES FOR JOHNATHAN IS TO WIN THE PDP PRIMARIES AND THE GENERAL ELECTION IS A FORGONE ISSUE

maybe jonathan aint so popular amongst the masses, but he has the RIGGING MACHINERY IN PLACE!!!!!!! THATS THE KEY!!!!

as na_so pointed out, the way elections are in this country, you dont vote for  a candidate, the masses vote for his party!!!!

as far as the main election

gbawe,

i ask you, why is IBB , ATIKU falling over themselves to be in the pdp

why dont they do what buhari did by joining an unknown party (CPC)and then "GALVANIZE"  the north to vote out the infidels?.

ITS BECAUSE PDP IS THE ONLY PARTY THAT HAS A TRULY NIGERIAN SPREAD!!!!!THEY HAVE THE FOOTSOLDIERS!!!!

atiku tried his hands in AC what was his result

stop basing your arguments on hypothetical scenarios

use reality!!!
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
Most of those who fancy themselves as pragmatists need to first understand how politics works. Jonathan will be wasting his time trying to crack the North when he has not won over the South. You need to have your base in the bag first before you spread your tentacles.

Look at America for instance. The country has relatively the same amount of people who identify themselves as Blue and Red. But the reason its been possible over the years to alternate power between Republicans and Democrats is because at different times one side has been able to motivate most of their base to come to the polls and then attract some new voters from the centre. While their opponents are not motivated enough to come to the polls.

So before Jonathan begins to loose sleep over the Hausa Fulani vote, he should first check whether he has the capacity to motivate 70% of the South to come to the polls for him. If he is able to get 70% of South to the polls, with 55% of Middle belt and all the Non-Hausas in the Hausa States he will win the election fair and square. Any vote from Hausa-Fulani will be jara.

He does not even need to have the Support of the Governor to win a particular State if he was smart; if u have the Governor's support good, if you don't you devise other means. But he is not smart. He wants to play the game as it is played traditionally forgeting that such games were never designed for folks like him. What a wasted opportunity.

For those talking about rigging. Be careful what you wish for. Jonathan Goodluck can not run this country with a stolen mandate. It will tip over the edge. Jonathan goodluck is no OBJ nor Yar'adua.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by kobikwelu(m): 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2010
For those talking about rigging. Be careful what you wish for. Jonathan Goodluck can not run this country with a stolen mandate. It will tip over the edge. Jonathan goodluck is no OBJ nor Yar'adua.

you guys are begining to get things muddled up

i dont give a hoot about jonathan or his cronies!!! i am against rigging!!!

i support the best candidate for this country which would be a buhari

the point is that i am making it clear to guys here on NL that realities on ground say this and that

it does not mean i am supporting jonathan.
dont derail this thread
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2010
mikeansy:

But he is not smart. He wants to play the game as it is played traditionally forgeting that such games were never designed for folks like him. What a wasted opportunity.

Precisely. Jonathan's attempt at buying his way to the Presidency will not be productive for him in the end because he is swimming against the tide. Like OBJ's third term, Mr. President may come to learn that , even in "cash and carry" Nigeria , money may not be enough to do the impossible . Folks must understand that the "8 years for the South and 8 years for the North" arrangement  that made the 'establishment' reject OBJ's third term has not suddenly dissapeared into thin air . It cannot 'dissapear' right in the middle of the game when the most clannish region in Nigeria is yet to see out its 8 years !!!!

Nigerian leaders , despite their insincere noise, are covertly backing zoning. It is only in 2015 that zoning will sincerely not be an issue because , by then , all agitators (North or South) are sated . For now , and particularly because of Yar Adua's death, there are far too many who believe that Jonathan is trying , in an unprincipled manner , to profit from an  unfortunate occurence . This thinking was responsible for how so many (e.g Dambazau) blatantly ignored obvious harsh repercussions to act treasonably in an attempt to ensure the Presidency remained in Northern hands.

Indeed. OBJ was a product of a consensus agreement in 1999. He was 're-elected' in 2003 because , as a Leader from the SW region, he is in the 'bracket' hence his rigging was ignored . Yar Adua was also in the 'bracket' and this is why many stepped down for him at the PDP primaries ultimately leading to his emergence as President. Also, OBJ and Yar Adua had considerable political bases/names behind them .  Jonathan does not have a memorable name/history/ political base . He is not performing wonders in office either. Why will the real Kingmakers ( not disgraced sycophants like Aondoakaa) and Nigerians back him when the fireworks begin?
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
kobikwelu:

you guys are begining to get things muddled up

i dont give a hoot about jonathan or his cronies!!! i am against rigging!!!

i support the best candidate for this country which would be a buhari

the point is that i am making it clear to guys here on NL that realities on ground say this and that

it does not mean i am supporting jonathan.
dont derail this thread

I don't believe Buhari is the best of all candidates available. If , however , the 'system' has covertly decided to endorse a Northerner and Ribadu doe not run , then I will back Buhari also. I am a keen observer of what Nigerian leaders do out of office and without power because I believe it is one of the best indicators as to who genuinely wants a better Nigeria .

I admire Buhari lately even if I was critical of him in the past. His conduct , out of office, has been laudable . He , along with Balarabe Musa and Col. Umar , was practically the first heavyweight from the North to ask that Jonathan be sworn in when the Presidency was hijacked recently while Atiku, IBB, Danjuma, Gusau and many other opportunist Northerners remained silent.

Recently he came out to state that zoning must end and that Jonathan must be allowed to run while most Northerners were still afraid to show their hands

Coupled with his austere existence , disinterest in materialism and steadfast refusal to "dine with the devil" , for the sake of becoming President , I think Buhari is one of the few Nigerians who can effectively fight our greatest scourge - corruption that gives rise to misrule and the proliferation of destructive cabalism everywhere .
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by onemopol: 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
mikeansy:

Does anybody know where Jonathan stand on anything? Nada.[b] All we have is Ima Niboro dishing out press statements and reversing them
accordingly while the rest of the country speculates on what is actually Jonathan Goodlucks view on anything.

The only decision i remember him reversing was the banning of the nation from football competitions. Need i remind you that you hailed that move at every opportunity, even outside NL?
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
one mopol:

The only decision i remember him reversing was the banning of the nation from football competitions. Need i remind you that you hailed that move at every opportunity, even outside NL?

My brother , there is nothing wrong with praising an ostensible good deed from Jonathan as long as subsequent actions/inaction don't go on to show that Mr. President was merely playing to the gallery as is regularly turning out to be the case with Jonathan.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
na_so:

@mikeansy

please in very clear terms list the sins of jonathan. we learn everyday.

I am very interested in that list too!
I will be interested to hear any reasons why, a man who has been president for barely 2 months, is facing such withering attacks. What are the things you expect him to have delivered in this 2+ months that he is failing at and what are the things he was not expected to touch in his 2+ months that he's become involved with?

It is easy to gather from Gbawe's many lengthily worded missives that his only grouse against Jonathan is the fact that he came from nowhere and without building any "political machinery", rose to become President. . . It all seems too wishy and unreal; I understand, these are not mikeansy's reasons, but would like to hear some solid reasons, listed in very clear terms, that delineate from Gbawe's.

@Gbawe
Please correct me, if my conclusions are wrong.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by naso2(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2010
Beaf:

I will be interested to hear any reasons why, a man who has been president for barely 2 months, is facing such withering attacks. What are the things you expect him to have delivered in this 2+ months that he is failing at and what are the things he was not expected to touch in his 2+ months that he's become involved with?

It is easy to gather from Gbawe's many lengthily worded missives that his only grouse against Jonathan is the fact that he came from nowhere and without building any "political machinery", rose to become President. . . It all seems too wishy and unreal; I understand, these are not mikeansy's reasons, but would like to hear some solid reasons, listed in very clear terms, that delineate from Gbawe's.

@Gbawe
Please correct me, if my conclusions are wrong.

Hmm. grin grin grin na trouble u dey find o.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
Beaf:

It is easy to gather from Gbawe's many lengthily worded missives that his only grouse against Jonathan is the fact that he came from nowhere and without building any "political machinery", rose to become President. . . It all seems too wishy and unreal; I understand, these are not your reasons and would like to hear some solid reasons, listed in very clear terms.

Not true. I consider Jonathan a dangerous gamble because he is another selected and clueless leader who never deliberately or meritoriously prepared to be President of Nigeria. We all know why he was chosen to be VP to Yardy. His mediocre history as a politician , same as Yar Adua's poor record as Governor, should be ample warning to Nigerians that we are about to gain another highly compromised and clueless stooge in the mould of Yardy.

Jonathan is only trying to hang on to a position that fate has unfairly promoted him into because of how power is intoxicating same as seriously ill Yar Adua tried to remain President even as he should have been tending to his fragile health in retirement  . We have had enough of accidental leaders foisted on us by selfish interest groups .  We want performers who , one way or the other , have shown Nigerians that they can serve our nation well.

Are you not fed up of OBJ and Yar Adua-type leaders who emerge as the candidates of small interest groups whose agenda always happen to run contrary to the considerations needed for the development of Nigeria? What has Jonathan ever done as a politician to warrant Nigerians gambling on his candidacy at this stage in our history when silly gambles by a select few (OBJ and Yar Adua) has cost the majority of us so much?

If some of us are not speaking out of ethnic jingoism then it will be obvious that Jonathan is a very poor choice , not worth supporting, in comparison to Donald Duke, Nuhu Ribadu, Ken Nnamani, et al . I am not interested in wether my region of origin ever Produce another Nigerian President till I die. I simply want, given Nigeria's peculiar need at the time, the best men and women to get the job of leading Nigeria. No more untested unknowns like Yar Adua.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
@na-so.

Bruv you don't need a list if you are not observing issues from a biased perspective. Jonathan has done enough things atrociously wrong for us to know he is another "business-as-usual" leader that is a clueless servant of  those keeping Nigeria down.

I will only give you and Beaf one example (others can supply more if they want). Jonathan withdrew Nigeria from International participation in football events. We all applauded because we thought the cabal will be dismantled and competent hands will be brought in to salvage our football.

As soon as I saw the names of those replacing Lulu, et al I raised the alarm with a thread of how Jonathan is merely playing to the Gallery. I questioned why majority of names replacing lulu et al were little known Northerners at a time that any sincere leader should insist on the involvement of only the sporting giants of Nigeria , the best technocrats and administrators of unquestionable integrity!!!!

Does it not make sense to you that Jonathan , if he is serious and a sincere leader, should remain unconcerned while we actually gained a new head of the NFA  (Aminu Maigari) who , along with Lulu, is a corrupt administrator involved in the very rot Jonathan pretends he wants to see an end to ? Maigari has been grilled by the EFCC  with Patience Jonathan (Madam corruption) having to come to his rescue !!!  At the very least one would expect a cull of the NFA to usher in technocrats and achievers if the cull was sincere in the first place !!!!

Are you guys not worried about the obvious  incompetence and lack of knowledge (or perhaps deliberate deployment of corrupt individuals) seen from Jonathan , regularly, as typified by his action of replacing a thief with another thief?

Falconets: First Lady saves Maigari from EFCC

Sports Jul 27, 2010
Share |
By Patrick Omorodion
Acting President of the Nigeria Football Association, NFA, Alhaji Aminu Maigari was yesterday saved by the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC was set to stop his trip to Germany to see the U-20 female national team, the Falconets.

Alhaji Maigari was until late yesterday still answering questions on his role in the affairs of the discredited Board led by erstwhile president, Alhaji Sani Lulu Abdullahi at the headquarters of the EFCC in Abuja and would have missed his trip to Germany for

the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.
However, according to our source, a letter from the presidency stating that the interim boss of the NFA would be accompanying the First Lady to watch the Falconets semi final match against Colombia tomorrow prompted the EFCC to allow him go after insisting he would not be allowed to make the trip as he could not convince the agency on the need for the trip.

According to our source, the anti-graft agency was not convinced that the acting boss of the NFA was actually going to Germany to pay the girls their allowances as it said earlier reports indicated the players had received their allowances for the group matches as well as the quarter final victory over tournament favourites and defending champions, the United States.

The EFCC, it was gathered, wanted to know from Alhaji Maigari whether there was no other officer of the NFA competent to embark on the trip if actually the players were yet to be paid their allowances and if they had not been paid, why the delay.

Alhaji Maigari was said to have reported to the EFCC office yesterday without his traveling passport, prompting the agency to suspect he had a hidden agenda, hence the decision to keep him until the
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by naso2(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gbawe:

Not true. I consider Jonathan a dangerous gamble because he is another selected and clueless leader who never deliberately or meritoriously prepared to be President of Nigeria. We all know why he was chosen to be VP to Yardy. His mediocre history as a politician , same as Yar Adua's poor record as Governor, should be ample warning to Nigerians that we are about to gain another highly compromised and clueless stooge in the mould of Yardy.

Jonathan is only trying to hang on to a position that fate has [b]unfairly promoted him into because of how power is intoxicating [/b] same as seriously ill Yar Adua tried to remain President even as he should have been tending to his fragile health in retirement  . We have had enough of accidental leaders foisted on us by selfish interest groups .  We want performers who , one way or the other , have shown Nigerians that they can serve our nation well.

Are you not fed up of OBJ and Yar Adua-type leaders who emerge as the candidates of small interest groups whose agenda always happen to run contrary to the considerations needed for the development of Nigeria? What has Jonathan ever done as a politician to warrant Nigerians gambling on his candidacy at this stage in our history when silly gambles by a select few (OBJ and Yar Adua) has cost the majority of us so much?

If some of us are not speaking out of ethnic jingoism then it will be obvious that Jonathan is a very poor choice , not worth supporting, in comparison to Donald Duke, Nuhu Ribadu, Ken Nnamani, et al . I am not interested in wether my region of origin ever Produce another Nigerian President till I die. I simply want, given Nigeria's peculiar need at the time, the best men and women to get the job of leading Nigeria. No more untested unknowns like Yar Adua.

Gbawe de man grin grin grin. At least u don dey talk ur mind, instead of those fullscap write-up earlier , to justify why the North will not support GEJ, and why Ribadu is  the best bet.

Mediocrity for a deputy governor is when he does not give his boss(governor) any problem. When he does everything within his powers to run a separate agenda from his boss' and make sure the whole nation sees that, then he is not a mediocre?abi?

You have stated how risky it is to gamble the next 4 years on a political greenhorn like GEJ, and in the same  post endorsed ribadu. Is it because of ribadu's political experience? just asking
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
na_so:

Gbawe de man grin grin grin. At least u don dey talk your mind, instead of those fullscap write-up earlier , to justify why the North will not support GEJ, and why Ribadu is the best bet.
Mediocrity for a deputy governor is when he does not give his boss(governor) any problem. When he does everything within his powers to run a separate agenda from his boss' and make sure the whole nation sees that, then he is not a mediocre?abi?

You have stated how risky it is to gamble the next 4 years on a political greenhorn like GEJ, and in the same post endorsed ribadu. Is it because of ribadu's political experience? just asking

Na lie be dat won. My other posts show why the North will not support Jonathan. It is very simple. Most of them feel he is unfairly trying to usurp a term pledged to the region by his Party . Many Northern leaders have come out to admit that Jonathan endorsed and benefited from zoning. People will often work against you , despite any attempts at 'softener' inducement , if the grieviance is fundamental enough . No region in Nigeria does fundamentalism as well or as seriously as the North.

My response to Beaf is my own personal reason , and I think same will be true for many non-Northerners , for rejecting Jonathan in favour of Ribadu. Ribadu, IMO , is a good candidate who (rather than the IBB's, Saraki's and Atiku's of the world) should benefit from swing support from the North if Jonathan becomes the PDP candidate.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
. . .
I will only give you and Beaf one example (others can supply more if they want). Jonathan withdrew Nigeria from International participation in football events. We all applauded because we thought the cabal will be dismantled and competent hands will be brought in to salvage our football.
. . .

This issue is very very far from being concluded. If this is your only grouse, then its really not even a starting point to be anti-Jonathan.
There are ungoing probes, resignations, appointments etc; so just be patient.
Jonathan has been incredibly busy in his short 2+ months as president, a list of the things he has done (from reorganisation of NNPC to actions in the power sector, foreign image repairs etc) will take pages to compile, so please forget about non-events like the NFA ungoing reorginisation.

. . .I'll wait for the rest of your list of Jonathan failures.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by naso2(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gbawe:

@na-so.

Bruv you don't need a list if you are not observing issues from a biased perspective. Jonathan has done enough things worng for us to know he is another "business-as-usual" leader that is a clueless servant of  those keeping Nigeria down.

I will only give you and Beaf one example (others can supply more if they want). Jonathan withdrew Nigeria from t=International participation in football events. We all applauded because we thought the cabal will be dismantled and competent hands will be brought in to salvage our football.

As soon as I saw the names of those replacing Lulu, et al I raised the alarm with a thread of how Jonathan is merely playing to the Gallery.

Does it not make sense to you that Jonathan , if he is serious and a sincere leader, should remain unconcerned while we actually gained a new head of the NFA  (Aminu Maigari) who , along with Lulu, is a corrupt administrator involved in the very rot Jonathan pretends he wants to see an end to ? Maigari has been grilled by the EFCC  with Patience Jonathan (Madam corruption) having to come to his rescue !!!  At the very least one would expect a cull of the NFA to usher in technocrats and achievers if the cull was sincere in the first place?

Are you guys not worried about the obvious  incompetence and lack of knowledge (or perhaps deliberate deployment of corrupt individuals) of Jonathan with his action of replacing a thief with another thief?

Well if from the long list you have , it is only an event that happened yesterday that readily comes as reference , may be your list is not as long as you always thought.

I was one of those that condemned the initial ban of our teams from fifa competitions . When later the govt rescinded the decision after Lulu and others have been shown the way out, I felt  it was a well thought out move.

Maigari is a government appointee that now heads the NFF. This is a clear case of govt interference but Fifa is pertending not to see it so. I hope you know why?

Maigari most likely would have been a recommendation of the PTF, if recent findings seem to show that it was a bad choice, I know GEJ is humble enough to change his mind.

The NFF elections have not taken place yet , and if between now and the election time, govt still goes ahead to back him, even after damning revelations come to the fore, then we can blame jonathan.

There is nothing stopping Maigari from answering further questions from EFCC when he returns , besides between now and when he comes, EFCC would have had sufficient time to fine-tune their investigation.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Na-so.

If jonathan was personally involved , and not seriously incompetent/clueless or just playing to the gallery, with a very serious issue that all Nigerians are concerned about how did Mr. President miss this:

Babafemi said: "There is the need for him (Maigari) to show up in our office and make some clarifications on the finances of NFF considering the fact that he was part of the board that is being probed just as he was the head of the finance committee too during the period that the federation's accounting process and procedures were considered not to have complied with due processes.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Replacing one thief (Lulu) with his partner in crime (Maigari)  is your idea of competent leadership ? Mo gbe !!!! grin grin
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gbawe:

Jonathan is only trying to hang on to a position that fate has unfairly promoted him into because of how power is intoxicating same as seriously ill Yar Adua tried to remain President even as he should have been tending to his fragile health in retirement  . We have had enough of accidental leaders foisted on us by selfish interest groups .  We want performers who , one way or the other , have shown Nigerians that they can serve our nation well.

Seriously Gbawe, the above doesn't seem much different from the conclusion I reached, that;
It is easy to gather from Gbawe's many lengthily worded missives that his only grouse against Jonathan is the fact that he came from nowhere and without building any "political machinery", rose to become President. . .

As to the part I bolded, in order to achieve our desire for credible leadership, there has to be some sort of plan or framework that we need to follow, outside which our exertions would be wasted in the deliberate chaos that is our political terrain. Rooting for folk who's candidature is more fairytale than real, does not sound like much of a plan; it certainly isn't practical.

What we need at this time is to very clearly identify the frameworks, institutions and traditions holding us down and then, eyes open, chart a course that cuts right through the chaos and inertia. we can easily build such a list here.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Na-so and Beaf.

You are both making untenable excuses for Jonathan.

If Jonathan went the whole nine yards to place an International ban on Nigeria's participation in football events for two year "because of the corruption and deep rot" in our football administration he must , especially as the world is watching, ensure he is not undermined and made to look foolish with the promotion , even for one second, of discredited and corrupt official to replace outoing and failed administrators!!! He must be ready to go all the way lest folks accuse him of poor leadership that takes populist yet insincere actions !!!!!

Jonathan stated that he listened to the recommendation of the special world cup committee , headed by Rotimi Amaechi. Are we to believe that , for such a serious problem,  Mr.President could not , assisted by  his "special committee" , insist on only the inclusion of those not at all tainted by the sordid past of the NFF given as how Nigeria was under the international microscope?

You guys should face facts. Jonathan will never be able to fight corruption effectively . His hands were probably 'tied'with Maigari , despite the man's corrupt nature, because one of his kingmaker 'pals' insist that Maigari should not be flushed out.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
^
It takes several issues to hang a man otherwise, we end up looking like our decisions are hastily taken. The NFA thing is very far from over, we need a concrete list of Jonathans failures in his short time of service. After we get such a list, we can then contrast it with a list of successes and weigh the balance. Just insisting that Jonathan is not fit doesn't cut it, there must be very solid reasons provided.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
na_so:

You have stated how risky it is to gamble the next 4 years on a political greenhorn like GEJ, and in the same  post endorsed ribadu. Is it because of ribadu's political experience? just asking

Don't make out as if , from all I have said, you dont know why I endorse Ribadu. I live in Nigeria and currently run a business there. Nothing , and I mean absolutely nothing , works because of corruption. What we need , for the next four years, is a resolute and brave leader who can tame corruption to a sensible level. That leader could be Ribadu but certainly not Jonathan.

For example , in my neigbourhood every home has a generator. The marketeers of generator sets and the fuel needed to run it are laughing all the way to the bank. It will only be a man who has not , in any way, fraternised with purveyors of "poisoned apples" who can combat those ensuring Nigeria remains a dark nation. This does not sound like Jonathan at all.

When you talk about the deregulation of the power sector , how will that be achieved if you are courting those who make their living from Nigeria remaining in darkness like Femi Otedola?

When Nigeria was nearly  derailed recently through treasonable actions , why are some of those responsible (eg Dambazau) still in the same job they utilised nefariously while others are actually allowed to disgracefully align with  the Presidential ambition of Jonathan (Aondoakaa) when a jail cell is the only thing such folks should be getting familiar with ?
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
The longest list of failure is having nothing to show.

What has he done in the last 6 months from Acting President to Substantive President? (What did he do as Vice President)

Tell us what he has done or where he is heading.

Remember I said many times that he has failed to demonstrate that he is a true LEADER. So my sense is, in order to counter that Argument you will provide evidence of what he has done or the direction he wants to take the country to.

Where is his Leadership on anything?

Where is his leadership on electoral reform? After replacing Iwu for Jega knowing the short time left before the next election, has he given the Nation any clear direction on how or what we need to do to achieve credible election next year? Knowing that Jega is yet to settle where is his leadership and direction in supporting his new INEC to start a programme or some kind of identity system in the run up to the next election or any alternative whatsoever. Now Jega is telling us they will use Maurice Iwu's electoral register for the election.

Where is his leadership on Electricity Infrastructure, what has he done differently. Is the issue of resolving power crisis moving any faster than it was under Yar'adua?

Where is his leadership on Anti-Corruption? How is it possible to set Ribadu free on the grounds that he was being unjustly molested by EFCC under Waziri and yet Farida Waziri was among those given award recently?
We all know why Ibori came under police fire that he chose to run to Dubai and then got caught by INTERPOL who will now extradite him to London. While Alams is now an emerging Kingmaker. One has pledged his support for Jonathan's ambition while the other has not.
We also know why Tmipre Silva's finance Commissioner is no longer corrupt, Silva has finally pledged his loyalty to Jonathan's ambition.

We also know why Ogbulafor was stampeded to resign over an allegation of $1.5m corruption during OBJ Government  while his replacement was involved in an allegation of $213m allegation with 2 other people. The simple reason is Ogbulafor said power has been zoned to the North.
Also keep in mind that Ogbulafor's 1.5m dollar allegation is not any more recent than Mrs Patience Goodluck Jonathan's £1m allegation.

Look there is nothing wrong in having an ambition. But Jonathan has not outlined his vission for the future of Nigeria. He has not told us what direction he wants to take the country to or whether he knows of any. All he is doing is sitting out his time in Government, saying nothing, not leading, using mafiosi tactics to out muscle his opponents. That for me are signs of trouble because he does not seem to have a purpose of wanting power. He just wants to be President for the sake of being President.

He has not been able to lead nor has he shown that he has the capacity to lead. One Week is too long to access if a President has the capacity to lead or if you like has LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL. Leadership is all about guardiance and direction. Jonathan has not shown he is able to lead Nigeria.

We have wasted enough time in this country, after 50years of Nationhood we should be striving to get it right.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
If Jonathan does the right thing I will support him. But if he remains clueless and colourless like his boss Yar'adua; I will also say so.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
mikeansy:

The longest list of failure is having nothing to show.

What has he done in the last 6 months from Acting President to Substantive President? (What did he do as Vice President)

Tell us what he has done or where he is heading.

Remember I said many times that he has failed to demonstrate that he is a true LEADER. So my sense is, in order to counter that Argument you will provide evidence of what he has done or the direction he wants to take the country to.

Where is his Leadership on anything?

Where is his leadership on electoral reform? After replacing Iwu for Jega knowing the short time left before the next election, has he given the Nation any clear direction on how or what we need to do to achieve credible election next year? Knowing that Jega is yet to settle where is his leadership and direction in supporting his new INEC to start a programme or some kind of identity system in the run up to the next election or any alternative whatsoever. Now Jega is telling us they will use Maurice Iwu's electoral register for the election.

Where is his leadership on Electricity Infrastructure, what has he done differently. Is the issue of resolving power crisis moving any faster than it was under Yar'adua?

Where is his leadership on Anti-Corruption? How is it possible to set Ribadu free on the grounds that he was being unjustly molested by EFCC under Waziri and yet Farida Waziri was among those given award recently?
We all know why Ibori came under police fire that he chose to run to Dubai and then got caught by INTERPOL who will now extradite him to London. While Alams is now an emerging Kingmaker. One has pledged his support for Jonathan's ambition while the other has not.
We also know why Tmipre Silva's finance Commissioner is no longer corrupt, Silva has finally pledged his loyalty to Jonathan's ambition.

We also know why Ogbulafor was stampeded to resign over an allegation of $1.5m corruption during OBJ Government  while his replacement was involved in an allegation of $213m allegation with 2 other people. The simple reason is Ogbulafor said power has been zoned to the North.
Also keep in mind that Ogbulafor's 1.5m dollar allegation is not any more recent than Mrs Patience Goodluck Jonathan's £1m allegation.

Look there is nothing wrong in having an ambition. But Jonathan has not outlined his vission for the future of Nigeria. He has not told us what direction he wants to take the country to or whether he knows of any. All he is doing is sitting out his time in Government, saying nothing, not leading, using mafiosi tactics to out muscle his opponents. That for me are signs of trouble because he does not seem to have a purpose of wanting power. He just wants to be President for the sake of being President.

He has not been able to lead nor has he shown that he has the capacity to lead. One Week is too long to access if a President has the capacity to lead or if you like has LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL. Leadership is all about guardiance and direction. Jonathan has not shown he is able to lead Nigeria.

We have wasted enough time in this country, after 50years of Nationhood we should be striving to get it right.

Most of what you are blaming Jonathan for, are things outside his purview. There are checks and balances on power, even in our false federal govt.
For example, Jega and his decisions are totally out of Uncle Joe's control; in fact there would be no end to the very justified outcry, if Jonathan was seen to be manipulating Jega whether for good or for bad, so lets chuck that one in the bin.

As far as electricity is concerned, there have been tremendous improvements in supply and there are fundamental reorganisations taking place across the board, from NNPC to PHCN's privatisation, new gas pipelines, refurbishments etc.

As for Bayelsa politics, that should end at Timipre's gate. Jonathan is the president of the country, not Bayelsa. If he was only concerned about Bayelsa, there would have been a justified outcry (same as there was about Yar Adua's appointments of Katsina people). Let Timipre handle alams, otherwise, we will end up accused and guilty of promoting tribal politics (one of the ugly ills we wish to abolish).

I'm sure if anyone is anxious about Mrs Patience Goodluck, they can press for her closed case to be reopened. I don't have the facts (neither do you), but I'm sure she isn't a PDP official like Ogbulafor. All we know is that the case was closed, so she stands innocent until proven guilty, thats our law.

You are asking that Jonathan lays out his vision for the country. . . Ain't you forgetting that he is completing Yar Adua's term? That vision was laid out 3+ years ago. . .
If you want another vision from Jonathan, you are really asking for a campaign manifesto and he has not oficially declared any intentions.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
OK Jonathan's wife stand innocent until proven guilty while Ogbulafor was guilty and had to stand down to prove his innocence over a $1.5m allegation which did not become an issue untill he said power will be zoned to the North and then he gets replaced for corruption with a man who potentially stole more money than he did.

I also find it amazing that you did not explain the decision to Give Fariada Waziri an "OFR" award. We all know her record in EFCC do you believe she deserves that award? is that award not an endorsement of the corruption going on in Farida Waziri's EFCC? When will Aondoakaa come forward for his own award?
Or are all these also part of things outside Jonathan Goodluck's control? Need I remind you that Jonathan is now the C-in-C and the bucks now stops on his table. You need to stop taking excuses for him.

I understand your passion for Jonathan but I know in your heart you must admit that his leadership abilities is no where up to standard. He is simply a Souther version of Yar'adua.

So Jonathan's vission for the country was laid 3years ago, I thought you said he has been in office for only 2 months? You can not continue being selective over when he started being in office. Fine let us agree that his vission for Nigeria was laid 3 years ago as he has always been in the Yar'adua Presidency. Hence it will also be fair to judge him based on the progress of this Government in the last 3years? Then my verdict is that this government is of no use to anyone hence Jonathan should go and rest in 2011. Yar'adua had no vission and we called him a vissionless President. If what you are saying is that Jonathan considers it ok to continue Yar'adua's visionless leadership then he has no business running this country any longer than 2011.

We want a new leadership who know what they are doing.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
I don't agree with the "OFR" awards.

. . .I understand your passion for Jonathan but I know in your heart you must admit that his leadership abilities is no where up to standard. He is simply a Souther version of Yar'adua.

So Jonathan's vission for the country was laid 3years ago, I thought you said he has been in office for only 2 months? You can not continue being selective over when he started being in office. Fine let us agree that his vission for Nigeria was laid 3 years ago as he has always been in the Yar'adua Presidency. Hence it will also be fair to judge him based on the progress of this Government in the last 3years? Then my verdict is that this government is of no use to anyone hence Jonathan should go and rest in 2011. Yar'adua had no vission and we called him a vissionless President. If what you are saying is that Jonathan considers it ok to continue Yar'adua's visionaless leadership then he has no business running this country any longer than 2011.

We want a new leadership who know what they are doing.

Believe me, you don't.

Yes Jonathan's vision for this term was laid 3+ years ago. He came in on Yar Adua's manifesto and I've never heard of any politician making new manifesto's to complete a 4 year term after 3+ years. You can only judge him on how far he has taken Yar Adua's manifesto in the 2+ months he has been president; except you are happy to pluck any reason, no matter how long a stretch it is.

I am a bit dissapointed, because I had expected a solid list, but it is clear that none is forthcoming.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Gbawe: 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
Beaf:

As far as electricity is concerned, there have been tremendous improvements in supply and there are fundamental reorganisations taking place across the board, from NNPC to PHCN's privatisation, new gas pipelines, refurbishments etc.

Oga Beaf , dis one na big lie perpetuated by decieftul supporters of Jonathan in Nigeria and misguided/gullible diasporans who do not know what is actually on the ground !!! My area in Surulere constantly experiences many days without electricity !!! Last week , we were without electricity for 6 days !!!Do you live in Nigeria ? If not , why attempt to speak on behalf of those who live there ?

You clearly believe in project Jonathan but , like Yar Adua's Presidency, Nigerians on the ground know that Jonathan is a mediocre/poor administrator who has done nada , in real terms , to improve any facet of daily existence for the average Nigerian . Soon , by his incompetence and compromised mien, Nigerians will come to understand that Jonathan represents "more of the same" precisely as Yar Adua did !!!
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2010
Beaf:

I don't agree with the "OFR" awards.

Believe me, you don't.

Yes Jonathan's vision for this term was laid 3+ years ago. He came in on Yar Adua's manifesto and I've never heard of any politician making new manifesto's to complete a 4 year term after 3+ years. You can only judge him on how far he has taken Yar Adua's manifesto in the 2+ months he has been president; except you are happy to pluck any reason, no matter how long a stretch it is.

I am a bit dissapointed, because I had expected a solid list, but it is clear that none is forthcoming.

I have more reasons to be disappointed because you have clearly not proved your side of the argument. It is your duty to show what Jonathan has achieved but you have not provided any concrete evidence that he has done anything. He has neither achieved anything in the past 3years as part of Yar'adua Government nor has he provided any proof that he plans to take this country in a fundamentally new direction now that he is President.

Who says he is bound by Yar'adua's agenda. Yar'adua came to office on a seven point agenda that was not delivered. Jonathan came to office and was encouraged to streamline Yar'adu's agenda to 3 delieverables. He has neither shown clearly whether he is streamlining it or continuing Yar'adua's agenda. The fact that after 3 responses from you you have been unable to say in clear tems what Jonathan Goodluck has achieved in office other than reminding us how long he has been in office is an admition of failure.

The most ludicrous is your claim that he has only been in charge for 2 months. The last time I checked the NASS passed a resolution empowering Jonathan on 09/02/2010. He has clearly been in charge of this country for 6 months and yet we have nothing to show for it.

A leader is a leader. You will simply know when you see one. Jonathan is not a leader.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 12:19am On Jul 29, 2010
Gbawe:

Oga Beaf , dis one na big lie perpetuated by decieftul supporters of Jonathan in Nigeria and misguided/gullible diasporans who do not know what is actually on the ground !!! My area in Surulere constantly experiences many days without electricity !!! Last week , we were without electricity for 6 days !!!Do you live in Nigeria ? If not , why attempt to speak on behalf of those who live there ?

You clearly believe in project Jonathan but , like Yar Adua's Presidency, Nigerians on the ground know that Jonathan is a mediocre/poor administrator who has done nada , [b]in real terms , to improve any facet of daily existence for the average Nigerian . Soon , by his incompetence and compromised mien, Nigerians will come to understand that Jonathan represents "more of the same" precisely as Yar Adua did !!![/b]

Of course, there might be a myriad local reasons why you aren't seeing any benefit in Surulere. But, the situation with electricity is much improved.
As for the bolded, I'm still waiting for the reasons you have passed judgement. The NFA thing didn't catch fire for me.
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Beaf: 12:31am On Jul 29, 2010
mikeansy:

I have more reasons to be disappointed because you have clearly not proved your side of the argument. It is your duty to show what Jonathan has achieved but you have not provided any concrete evidence that he has done anything. He has neither achieved anything in the past 3years as part of Yar'adua Government nor has he provided any proof that he plans to take this country in a fundamentally new direction now that he is President.

Who says he is bound by Yar'adua's agenda. Yar'adua came to office on a seven point agenda that was not delivered. Jonathan came to office and was encouraged to streamline Yar'adu's agenda to 3 delieverables. He has neither shown clearly whether he is streamlining it or continuing Yar'adua's agenda. The fact that after 3 responses from you you have been unable to say in clear tems what Jonathan Goodluck has achieved in office other than reminding us how long he has been in office is an admition of failure.

The most ludicrous is your claim that he has only been in charge for 2 months. The last time I checked the NASS passed a resolution empowering Jonathan on 09/02/2010. He has clearly been in charge of this country for 6 months and yet we have nothing to show for it.

A leader is a leader. You will simply know when you see one. Jonathan is not a leader.

Enh?!

No, no I have done my duty. My duty was to show why Ribadu and Oshiomole aren't ripe; I've done that. It was you guys that attacked Jonathan as a counter; so you've got to prove your point and not dodge the responsibility you've set for yourself.

If you provide the "Jonathan's failure" list I asked for earlier, by now I would have provided counter arguments. But there is still no list.
Its easy to provide a list of Yar Adua's failures (and being lacklustre does not count); because he really, really failed; since you guys Jonathan is the same, it should be equally easy.

. . .So, I de here de wait!
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by sjeezy8: 12:51am On Jul 29, 2010
Ribadu and oshiomole ticket- doesnt have to cater to the South its suppose to look good to the North, middle belters- who believe in zoning, West and Edo !

* Thats probably their main focus in appealing to the north- who feel cheated out of rotation al presidency.

*The South west who hasnt done well under PDP leadership and also the amount of SW politicians who are waiting to dethrone/get rid of Obj- this seems like a good time. He doesnt have the North to back him and he doesnt have the SW to back him. Merger between Tinubu and Elite northerners- will DEF dismantle Obj.

* of course Edo(binis)- they have had the most significant presence out of ANY Minority tribes in Nigerian history.

So when I think about votes- I see them getting votes in the north, middle belt, west and edo. Some what like Mko ABiola election, where he won majority votes in the north west and Edo. Like Shagari- when he had Support in the North and the East, and like Balewa- where he had support in the north and east.

So if the Only candidate from the north is Ribadu - I can say Jonathan aint winning unless hes rigs because 1- his Party doesnt have a good reputation (so why vote him now? thats like voting for the same terrible govenors we have now), and the PARTY was solely built on roation which they want to throw out the window.

Whats the point of voting PDP if the only thing they were built on was rotational presidency- and is no more
Re: It May Be Ribadu And Oshiomhole For AC as Tinubu Drops Out . by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 29, 2010
Beaf:

Enh?!

No, no I have done my duty. My duty was to show why Ribadu and Oshiomole aren't ripe; I've done that. It was you guys that attacked Jonathan as a counter; so you've got to prove your point and not dodge the responsibility you've set for yourself.

If you provide the "Jonathan's failure" list I asked for earlier, by now I would have provided counter arguments. But there is still no list.
Its easy to provide a list of Yar Adua's failures (and being lacklustre does not count); because he really, really failed; since you guys Jonathan is the same, it should be equally easy.

. . .So, I de here de wait!

The debate is no longer worth it because it seems to me your tactics is to dismiss any list provided as not a list or out of Jonathan's control. Its also amazing how you can claim that Jonathan and Yar'adua presented a vission in 2007, Yar'adua has failed Jonathan has not and yet you have not shown what Jonathan has done differently in other not to continue Yar'adua's failures now that he is in charge.

Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No longer interested in this debate because stuffs are no longer adding up.

I wish you luck with your campaign for Jonathan. Nigerians will decide in 2011.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Month Salary Arrears, I Am Helpless -aregbesola / Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element / China Takes Major Step To Ban Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.