Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? (774 Views)

Do Women Still Bear Their Husbands' Names After A Divorce? / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired / Why Do Women Change Their Names After Getting Married?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
What does this mean/ symbolize?

Also, Why are the last names of families always the man's last name? Why can't it be the woman's last name?
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
Why don't you ask generations before you idiot

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
darol4real:
Why the insult? I just asked a question

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by donbachi(m): 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
Change of ownership.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by SEGLIZ: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
darol4real:

Chineke! this that you fired the guy crudely so, I'm sure the guy done collect your wife before before o.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
Is not insult guy
raptex:
Why the insult? I just asked a question
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
grin grin grin grin
SEGLIZ:

Chineke! this that you fired the guy crudely so, I'm sure the guy done collect your wife before before o.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
darol4real:
Is not insult guy
undecided
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Chizzyjoyce(f): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
raptex:

Also, Why are the last names of families always the man's last name? Why can't it be the woman's last name?

smiley

We are in a patriarchal system. Where the man is the head over the family and the reverse is always the case in a matriarchs system..

Hope I tried
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Acidosis(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Marriage is a union between two people. Can you go into business partnership with a friend and you both give the same business two names? How would potential customers cope with that confusion?

That being said, even if a woman keeps her surname, it will ultimately get lost in the next generation. Reason is not farfetched, children still take their father's name. So why would a woman want to dissociate herself from her husband and children?
The name (father's name) you want to retain will still get lost anyways.

Some women just love to cause problems when there is none, especially the crazy feminists and satanists. Society has made a provision for a Maiden's name, but satan has a way of confusing these women and making them feel cheated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by selfwife(f): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
sit the man down two weeks before marriage after he must have eaten his favorite soup,add a little more pepper to the soup than usual. tell him in a very sincere and strict tone that you will change or add his name to yours but on the day you find and detect evidence of him cheating on you, on that day, you will let him enjoy is favorite meal just like today, show him the evidence and make sure you kill him with no trace. because it will be better to have a late man's name than a man who will abandon I and my kids and be philandering elsewhere only to come back on their weddings.watch out if he chokes, chills or chuckle.then decide on your own if it is really worth it adding another man's name (who may kill, infect, divorce, hate you in the future) to yours.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Acidosis(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
selfwife:
sit the man down two weeks before marriage after he must have eaten his favorite soup,add a little more pepper to the soup than usual. tell him in a very sincere and strict tone that you will change or add his name to yours but on the day you find and detect evidence of him cheating on you, on that day, you will let him enjoy is favorite meal just like today, show him the evidence and make sure you kill him with no trace. because it will be better to have a late man's name than a man who will abandon I and my kids and be philandering elsewhere only to come back on their weddings.watch out if he chokes, chills or chuckle.then decide on your own if it is really worth it adding another man's name (who may kill, infect, divorce, hate you in the future) to yours.

How* about staying away from the institution called marriage?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by selfwife(f): 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2018
Acidosis:

How* about staying away from the institution called marriage?
many women won't because I personally will not want to give birth to bastards and will start explaining to my child how I bleeped his father without even an intention of marriage(can be very embarrassing) .Nigeria is not yet truly ready for that with the way your family will be reacting to you, you will just start convincing yourself you need a faithful companion.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by Acidosis(m): 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
selfwife:
many women won't because I personally will not want to give birth to bastards and will start explaining to my child how I bleeped his father without even an intention of marriage(can be very embarrassing) .Nigeria is not yet truly ready for that with the way your family will be reacting to you, you will just start convincing yourself you need a faithful companion.

I like you. smiley You're a realist
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by babyfaceafrica: 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
stale
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by nnamdibig(m): 2:13am On Nov 20, 2018
raptex:

Before marriage you were answering your fathers name ba?
Now you should ask your parents how they settled for your father's name and not your mum's.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by yvesboss(m): 7:29am On Nov 20, 2018
darol4real:

You are bitter. You need help
Re: What Is The Importance Of Women Changing Their Last Names After Marriage ? by ogawisdom(m): 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
raptex:

The man has paid her bride price and all marriage rites and now belongs to the man's family hence change of family name to that of the man

(1) (Reply)

36-year-old World’s Most Fertile Mother Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Has Finall / I Need Help / Depressed, Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.