Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Please I Need Advice From A Pro In Industrial Cases - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Advice From A Pro In Industrial Cases (257 Views)

How Good Is A Career In Industrial Engineering / 1 Month Intensive Training In Industrial Instrumentation, Control And Automati0n / 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Advice From A Pro In Industrial Cases by Benosky011(m): 4:44pm On Nov 20, 2018
Gd day Naira landers.
Pls I worked as an outsourced staff in Ecobank since 2012. Though I started work there in 2008 and was confirmed by my original employer OCEANIC SECURITIES under the defunct Oceanic Bank before it was liquidated and we were subsequently inherited by another company (Vic Lawrence associate -VLA) in 2012.
I was there as a marketing staff.
Was never created to check customer balance, etc.
During the taking over process, I confirmed a clearing cheque In favor of one of my customers who was working for the state parastatal. This kind of confirmation is via mail to the head office.

Months later, I received a mail that I should regularise the customer's account.
Then I went to the customer care to help me check the account, behold it was in debit. All effort to get the customer to regularise proved abortive.
During one of the meetings with the loan recovery team, they claimed that "cheque confirmation means payment". I tried arguing that but was not allowed (I wouldn't say intimidated).

One of the days, I got a mail in my private email from my employer, VLA, that I have been placed on " indefinite suspension without pay" until such loan is recovered.
The money involved is almost my 7months salary.
That was in 2014.
I am confused. I don't know what to do. My questions are:

1. What is the legality of placing a staff on an indefinite suspension. It's 4years now and still counting.
2. What does the term "cheque confirm" mean with regards to bank transaction.
3. How come an unfunded account can be debited to the tune of any amount in Ecobank.
4. Why are they blaming it on me to refund the money since I only confirmed the cheque.
5. Does VLA and Ecobank have the right to suspended me indefinitely.
6. Do I have any enforceable right in the law court since av been on suspension without salary and can't get job elsewhere since 4years.
7. If I have an enforceable right, who can I institute a case against, VLA or Ecobank or both?

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Impostor Syndrome! / What Are You Waiting For?start Chasing Your Dreams Today Because,the Future Star / Medical Laboratory Scientist Interns-el-lab Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.