Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 (815 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Shifted To 28th June 2022 - Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor / Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date / Ajaokuta Steel To Gulp $1.5 Billion, Gets 2022 Completion Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by AutoReportNG: 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2018
According to The Punch Newspapers, It is disgraceful that the deadline for the completion of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway has been shifted to 2021. Work resumed this year, but Julius Berger, the contractor handling the Lagos-Sagamu intersection end of the highway, has now dashed any hope of its completion anytime soon. Citing lack of funding and additional designs, it stated that the December 2019 completion date was no longer feasible. This is a severe blow. It betrays a spectacular lack of understanding on the dynamics that underpin a country’s socio-economic development by the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Being Nigeria’s most notable road asset, the news of the postponement for another three years is devastating for the users. With a vehicular traffic of 25,000 per hour, the Federal Road Safety Commission says it is the busiest highway in the country. Ordinarily, this pivotal element ought to have compelled the Federal Government to expedite action on its reconstruction. That it did not, portrays the government as bewildered and unable to get its priorities right.

The parliamentarians have continued to play petty politics with such a critical economic livewire that connects Lagos – Nigeria’s commercial hub – with other regions of the country. Although Kabiru Gaya, the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Works, pontificated about the delay when Julius Berger officials told the senators about the 2021 completion during their latest oversight visit, that trip was all about playing to the gallery. Interestingly, in the 2018 budget, the National Assembly unilaterally knocked off an aggregate of N11.5 billion from funds allocated to some capital projects, including the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, the Second Niger Bridge and the Itakpe-Ajaokuta rail project.

Consequently, there is daily gridlock on the route these days, creating chaos, helplessness and insecurity. That the government is not mindful of this mayhem and is proposing 2021 as the new completion date is baffling.

Credit: The Punch

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/lagos-ibadan-expressroad-completion.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by AutoReportNG: 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2018
We get there some day
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by seunlly(m): 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2018
Wow.
Don't worry
Atiku is gonna finish it 2020.

Atikukated somebody
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2018
This particular road has taken more than 20years.

Something OBJ should have finished. OBJ, Yaradua, Jonathan and Buhari all awarded huge some of money for this same road.

2021. Is it a sin to be a Nigeria citizen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
seunlly:
Wow.
Don't worry

Atikukated somebody

Which yeye Atiku, abeg make I no vex for you oo. Was Atiku not among the regime that awarded the same road with a lot of money and still same way it was 20 years ago
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by CyberWolf: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2018
Just like Enugu-Onitsha road. I wonder what is stopping them from completing the road from initial schedule
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by 4kDdullard: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2018
Atiku will take over from there

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Stocking: 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
seunlly:
Wow.
Don't worry

Atikukated somebody
Chai
Many people will cry when Buhari is declared winner next year o
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by amaniro: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2018
Lol I hope is smooth enough to convey Buhari come 2019 grin

Take your time, they said what is worth doing is worth doing well grin

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stocking:

Chai

What is stopping Buhari to finish the project at the stipulated time. You political supporters are not helping matter with your propaganda

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Stocking: 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
argon500:

What is stopping Buhari to finish the project at the stipulated time. You political supporters are not helping matter with your propaganda
You were blind when that video where Sarathief said he cut the Lagos Ibadan road budget surfaced online abi?
Why didn’t your ogogoro drinking hero from otueke touch the road at all?
Lmao !
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Stocking: 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
amaniro:

Take your time, they said what is what doing is what doing well grin
What the fuck_ is what is what doing bla bla ?
Damn!
English don suffer

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stocking:

You were blind when that video where Sarathief said he cut the Lagos Ibadan road budget abi?
Why didn’t your ogogoro drinking hero from otueke touch the road at all?
Lmao !

That's why I said you political supporters are calamity. Mind you, I be confirm omoluwabi but I am not blinded by politics of sentiment/hatred.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Stocking: 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
argon500:

That's why I said you political supporters are calamity. Mind you, I be confirm omoluwabi but I am not blinded by politics of sentiment/hatred.
Answer my questions. Ogbeni
1.We’re you blind when the video surfaced?
2.Why didn’t your ineffectual Buffon touch the road at all .
Omoluabi my ass.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by amaniro: 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stocking:
What the fuck_ is what is what doing bla bla ? Damn! English don suffer

What is this one saying?

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stocking:

Answer my questions. Ogbeni
1.We’re you blind when the video surfaced?
2.Why didn’t your ineffectual Buffon touch the road at all .
Omoluabi my ass.

Se Buhari don use your head gba paro Ni? We all blamed Jonah as a weak leader. This is a road that link my state to Lagos/Oyo state and it had been like that since ages and you do not want me to complain. Guess you are also blind to Sango road as well.
As long as I want Buhari to win his second term election, that does not mean i shouldn't condemned /praised when necessary.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Stocking: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
amaniro:

What is this one saying?
A saying goes ...
“Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you...”

It’s “worth” and not “what” . Ogbeni .
What is worth doing ...

Tueh!!

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Johntitus: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
Nigerians fighting over irrelevant matters. Buhari this, Atiku that. Go ask. The dead tell no story. You'll just die for nothing.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
amaniro:

Take your time, they said what is what doing is what doing well grin

Next time use your native language or pidgin to express your feelings. What you wrote is more like Greek to an average person.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Stocking: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
argon500:

Se Buhari don use your head gba paro Ni? We all blamed Jonah as a weak leader. This is a road that link my state to Lagos/Oyo state and it had been like that since ages and you do not want me to complain. Guess you are also blind to Sango road as well.
As long as I want Buhari to win his second term election, that does not mean i shouldn't condemned /praised when necessary.
K.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Stocking: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2018
argon500:

Next time use your native language or pidgin to express your feelings. What you wrote is more like Greek to an average person.

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stocking:

K.

Bro, take your time to read my post here. I prefer Buhari 100/2 to Atiku but that shouldn't mean we shouldn't condemned when necessary.

I am really pained about lagos-Ibadan expressway and sango ota.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Stocking: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
argon500:

Bro, take your time to read my post here. I prefer Buhari 100/2 to Atiku but that shouldn't mean we shouldn't condemned when necessary.

I am really pained about lagos-Ibadan expressway and sango ota.
I completely understand you .
Sir...
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stocking:

I completely understand you .
Sir...

Na so broda. We all dey together. Atiku n be eleja Yan ni
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by seunlly(m): 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stocking:

Chai
And you go cry too if that old man couldn't even go to Daura again.
He don spoil everywhere.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by Omeokachie: 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
unending completion date just like Babangida's transition program.

Political infrastructure and APC cash cow.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by efighter: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
argon500:

Your party the Peoples Destruction Party did not do up to 2% of the road in their 16 wasted years. Buhari has done up to 70% in about 3 years, if you are not shameless, you should be worshiping Buhari.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2018
efighter:

Your party the Peoples Destruction Party did not do up to 2% of the road in their 16 wasted years. Buhari has done up to 70% in about 3 years, if you are not shameless, you should be worshiping Buhari.

Whose party? Does it mean if someone is against Buhari, them I am a wailer.

Bros, abeg wake up from reality. Ile ko Ni pe su
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by efighter: 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2018
4kDdullard:
Atiku will take over from there

Yes when he becomes the President of Biafran Republic of Drugs and Crime. Atikuloot will never ever rule Nigeria just as an Igbo man will never ever rule Nigeria.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by efighter: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
argon500:

Whose party? Does it mean if someone is against Buhari, them I am a wailer.

Bros, abeg wake up from reality. Ile ko Ni pe su

So you are not articulating obituary? Good, your head dey there. But do you remember that the NASS cut the budget for Lagos-Ibadan expressway and used the money for dubious Constituency Projects like buying of sewing machines, hair dressing machines, bore holes and other senseless things? There is a video on the internet where the useless Bukola Saraki boasted that he cut the budget for the road. So if there is not enough budgetary allocation for a project, then the project cannot complete as scheduled.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by argon500: 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2018
efighter:

So you are not articulating obituary? Good, your head dey there. But do you remember that the NASS cut the budget for Lagos-Ibadan expressway and used the money for dubious Constituency Projects like buying of sewing machines, hair dressing machines, bore holes and other senseless things? There is a video on the internet where the useless Bukola Saraki boasted that he cut the budget for the road. So if there is not enough budgetary allocation for a project, then the project cannot complete as scheduled.

I am much aware of the budget cutting. Intact, Buhari's body language wouldn't allowed some senators to recontest cos it is no longer business as usual. E.g Ben Murray Bruce.

But that doesn't mean I shouldn't questioned things Apc are not making right
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressroad: Completion Date Shifted To 2021 by 4kDdullard: 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2018
efighter:

Yes when he becomes the President of Biafran Republic of Drugs and Crime. Atikuloot will never ever rule Nigeria just as an Igbo man will never ever rule Nigeria.
Enemy of the state!

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Buhari Again Calls USA “united Kingdom Of America / Just In: IGP Idris Removes Kogi Police Commissioner / New Video: Reno Omokri release Video That Makes Gov. Shettima Weep At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.