Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 (48005 Views)

Jonathan Reveals How Obama Govt Interfered In 2015 Election / Buba Galadima: Buhari’s Marabouts Advised Him Against Removing Service Chiefs / Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by mjabdulk: 8:23am On Nov 21, 2018
the law in election is either you win or loose, if someone loses he/she is mandatory to concede defeat, there was nothing that called for celebration towards what Jonathan has done by conceding defeat. some presidents in other countries like UK, USA, among others see defeat as nothing special. how I wish him to not concede defeat and wait for its repercussions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by AngelicBeing: 8:23am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

But Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Mohammed Bello Adoke have a different recollection of events sir grin grin grin

Okojo-Iwela offers the following insight

And this is corroborated by both Segun Adeniyi and Mohammed Bello Adoke

Busted, the ogogoro master is lying as usual grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by AngelicBeing: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2018
sureheaven:
This man wrote his own book to cast blames on people.
He never learns from his mistake and apologize to Nigerians for ruining the nation.

What a buffoon that he is.

God save u didn’t listen to those bad people around u. Your own would have been worst than Samuel doe. shocked

Hahaha, I agree
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Afamed: 8:26am On Nov 21, 2018
mjabdulk:
the law in election is either you win or loose, if someone loses he/she is mandatory to concede defeat, there was nothing that called for celebration towards what Jonathan has done by conceding defeat. some presidents in other countries like UK, USA, among others see defeat as nothing special. how I wish him to not concede defeat and wait for its repercussions.
May God take you to greater height.
Here, in Nigeria, you automatically become some half baked citizens hero as soon as you concede defeat in an election that you participated

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Pavarottii(m): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Useless Jonathan

You had the opportunity to fix the country and move it in the right direction...

But Instead you allowed politicians use their office to siphon billions

At the end... You gave power to the devil himself..

Do you like Nigeria of today?. Does it give you joy and satisfaction...

You are no hero... But only a woman who took the easy way out
He should fix Nigeria that was spoilt for 50years under 4years...? And u know that most Nigerians wanted him out in 2015. So he left in peace...

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2018
Pavarottii:

He should fix Nigeria that was spoilt for 50years under 4years...? And u know that most Nigerians wanted him out in 2015. So he left in peace...

Please don't defend a slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Deepthoughts: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2018
Gistpeeps:

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has revealed how he was advised against accepting defeat in the 2015 presidential election.

Jonathan also declared that the election was marred with some irregularities, including the difficulty he faced before he could vote in his native Otuoke, Bayelsa State home.

The ex-president said he conceded defeat principally because it was his belief that his ambition should not lead to loss of lives and property as it was the case in previous elections.

The revelations are contained in the former President’s book, “My Transition Hours”, which was presented in Abuja yesterday on his 61st birthday.

Jonathan said he turned down the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.

He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room. I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.”

On how and why he called to concede victory to Buhari, he wrote: “More results flowed in and I could not wait anymore. The announcement of the final result could take issues out of all our hands. It was time for me to take action and bring peace to the nation. I felt I was destined by God at that point in time to inject the peace serum and douse the palpable tension in the country.

“I reached out for his telephone and placed a call through the State House operators at about 4:45pm. A peace I had never felt since my political sojourn descended on me. It showed me where I had been in the past sixteen years and where I was then. I smiled at the thought of what I was about to do. I waited calmly for the person at the end of my call to answer.

“My Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka, sought my permission to tweet my phone conversation with Buhari. I obliged and he did. The country was no longer waiting for the declaration of the election results. The nationwide tension automatically dissipated as through a red hot piece of iron had been dipped in a bowl of water. Thereafter, I addressed the nation.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/jonathan-reveals-advised-not-concede-defeat-buhari-2015.html
op stop lying, Johnathan never mentioned names in the excerpts you referenced,he only said"they" meaning unspecified persons,you people have been trying for so long to discredit ngozi unsuccessfully n your evil efforts shall continue to be in vain

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by SweetBanana: 8:29am On Nov 21, 2018
NOI don finally cast.
So this woman is not trustworthy?
Chai!
She has been telling us lies all along.
There is God ooooooh!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Phenotech(m): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2018
This man is the Best thing that happens to Nigeria Democracy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by EternalTruths: 8:31am On Nov 21, 2018
Deepthoughts:
op stop lying, Johnathan never mentioned names in the excerpts you referenced,he only said"they" meaning unspecified persons,you people have been trying for so long to discredit ngozi unsuccessfully n your evil efforts shall continue to be in vain

Pls, create a topic in order to correct the lie by the Op

Title of the topic should be

Proof That Jonathan Never Said Okonjo Iweala, Chidoka Osita, etc Told Him Not To Concede Defeat.

This will forever shut the mouths of Afonjas.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Afamed: 8:32am On Nov 21, 2018
Carlyscales:

My friend u ar intelligent enough to Know from d write up above that d title was misleading.

And nothing from this write is diff from what NOI said

Kindly read it again n stop embarrassing us here abeg!
Are you reading from another book previously written by GEJ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by youngibeh(m): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2018
YOU ARE JUST A STUPID, UNREPENTANT BASTARD WHO HAS NO PARENTAL UPBRINGING

IamD18:
You did what you are suppose to do Nothing special.

We should stop celebrating bullshiiiiit in this country.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by EternalTruths: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2018
Afamed:
Are you reading from another book previous written by GEJ?

The Op lied.
Ask the Op for the page number.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by bobbyL(m): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2018
Gistpeeps:

Jonathan said he turned down the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.
He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room. I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/jonathan-reveals-advised-not-concede-defeat-buhari-2015.html

What sort of reporting is this? This is BAD reporting.

You said he turned down their advice. He didn't say that in the passage you quoted. He just said he hugged his thoughts.

You also gave the thread a DISHONESTLY FALSE title when we consider your write-up. Jonathan said those persons were recommending sundry alternatives. What alternatives, you didn't say. Could one of the alternatives have been that he should concede defeat? You don't seem to have evidence for or against that.

As far as I am concerned, all you put up there only identifies some or all of those that were with the ex-President at the time and not the exact content of their advice or discussion. You did not even quote any passage where it was said that Ngozi et al were there, but let's leave that aside.

I think people who create threads like this should be banned but please do good next time.

And mod(s), please read these threads well. You brought it to the front page and that basically makes you an accomplice.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Afamed: 8:34am On Nov 21, 2018
Pavarottii:

Hypocrite, but you all want Buhari to turn Nigeria to America within 3years that he came to power. God will not forgive you people for your double standard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by autonomous22: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:
You did what you are suppose to do. Nothing special.

Hope ur JUBRIL, sorry Buhari will do same next year.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Afamed: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2018
Phenotech:
This man is the Best thing that happens to Nigeria Democracy
In term of conceding defeat in an election that he participated? Or in term of borrowing to pay salary when the highest revenue generated in the history of Nigerian was during his time?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by anonymous1759(m): 8:38am On Nov 21, 2018
Gistpeeps:

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has revealed how he was advised against accepting defeat in the 2015 presidential election.

Jonathan also declared that the election was marred with some irregularities, including the difficulty he faced before he could vote in his native Otuoke, Bayelsa State home.

The ex-president said he conceded defeat principally because it was his belief that his ambition should not lead to loss of lives and property as it was the case in previous elections.

The revelations are contained in the former President’s book, “My Transition Hours”, which was presented in Abuja yesterday on his 61st birthday.

On how and why he called to concede victory to Buhari, he wrote: “More results flowed in and I could not wait anymore. The announcement of the final result could take issues out of all our hands. It was time for me to take action and bring peace to the nation. I felt I was destined by God at that point in time to inject the peace serum and douse the palpable tension in the country.

“I reached out for his telephone and placed a call through the State House operators at about 4:45pm. A peace I had never felt since my political sojourn descended on me. It showed me where I had been in the past sixteen years and where I was then. I smiled at the thought of what I was about to do. I waited calmly for the person at the end of my call to answer.

“My Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka, sought my permission to tweet my phone conversation with Buhari. I obliged and he did. The country was no longer waiting for the declaration of the election results. The nationwide tension automatically dissipated as through a red hot piece of iron had been dipped in a bowl of water. Thereafter, I addressed the nation.”

I done tire for this Man.. In 2011.. You won the Election because Nigerians voted for you. You lost in 2015.. Because you Failed.. Stop using '' I conceded Defeat '' as a yardstick to justify your failure... You should be Ashamed of yourself... What are you expected to do when you loose an Election?? Get the fuvk out... You didn't want to end your life at the ICC that's why you respected yourself and handover period!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Adakintroy: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:
You did what you are suppose to do. Nothing special.

My friend keep quiet. You talk like a overgrown baby. Till today America is talking about Russia interferance to sway their election. In favor of a certain candidate. We talking the largest democracy.true or lie the point is that the allegation is there. If men as advance as they are can temper with the process then you should know that humans in relations to power and personal ambition should never be trusted. Pound for pound this guy already rank with Mandela for this feat alone. Yours truly abasanjo was even seeking third term. That was someone brought out of prison to take a bite out of the cheery. Just could not take his teeth of after tasting the sweetness. But he was the one accusing gej of miscounducts. How ironic. How now i seek to find the definition of miscounducts in a much more broader sense.

Aside..
Some local government chairman cannot leave sit if things go against them. Some won't leave court corridors even for senatorial positions. Some of you just ordinary manager in your company you will play endless politics. Not to talk of number one man in Nigeria and technically in africa.

You are there running you childish mouth like nothing special. Learn to give honor to whom it's due. In this case to someone who saw the bigger picture of peace.

Love respect to you sir!. Always will be my president.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by ngoziempress: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2018
And the ex minister came out to say she was the one who advised GEJ to coincide defeat. The drama going on in Nigeria is too much. Thank God The former president did not put the lives of the people on the line for his political ambition unlike Buhari who is the demonic blood sucker.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Elizzybethwithu: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by holyfather(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2018
Deepthoughts:
And most people commenting here didn't take time to read through the excerpts. They just hurried to vomit prejudice.
It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by seunH: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2018
kingthreat:
We need to stop appraising any government for conceding defeat. You don't have a bloody choice. Reject defeat and he would have been with Charles Taylor right now in prison at the World Court
You forgot Gbagbo of Ivory Coast wife and even Gbagbo himself whose case is still in court!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Guestlander: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2018
Omeokachie:
Today, the violent party are falling over themselves to snap pictures with this man of peace, knowing that they can never aspire to what he has become by putting the internet of the country first.

"Dog and baboon will soak in blood" - Buhari

"We will form a parallel government" - Amaechi

"We will make the country ungovernable" - Lawal Kaita

What man of peace? When you lose an election you are supposed to concede. What other alternative did he have which would not have resulted in violence?
My only surprise is that some people actually advised him not to concede!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by emenezer(m): 8:48am On Nov 21, 2018
PMB wouldn't do that,that's for sure..
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2018
kingthreat:
We need to stop appraising any government for conceding defeat. You don't have a bloody choice. Reject defeat and he would have been with Charles Taylor right now in prison at the World Court

Do you know how many people lost their lives after the 2011 elections just because of Buhari's statements after his loss?

Better brace yourself for 2019 cos if you think PMB will concede defeat peacefully the way GEJ did then you're living in a fool's paradise.

In Africa there's a sit tight syndrome with most of her so called leaders, even OBJ tried to bribe his way to a third term.

African leaders are known to love to hang on to power even at the cost of citizens lives and what GEJ did remains a very commendable feat in Africa.

Cheers.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by dbestuncle: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2018
I thank BABA GOD that this is coming now. APC chairman Oshiomole, Boss Mustapha and Other APC guys there i just hope u will b there to advice Buhari to call to concede to the defit wen it is time.

Gistpeeps:

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by gulfer: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2018
I know one of those who advised him not to conceed defeat grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Omeokachie: 8:52am On Nov 21, 2018
Guestlander:

What man of peace? When you lose an election you are supposed to concede. What other alternative did he have which would not have resulted in violence?
My only surprise is that some people actually advised him not to concede!

Get your bags packed and ready to go into exile in Togo because Buhari will not be so magnanimous until kicked out with the help of foreign countries just like Gbagbo.

Maybe then you will have an understanding of what GEJ did.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Guestlander: 8:53am On Nov 21, 2018
TheRealestGuy:

Do you know how many people lost their lives after the 2011 elections just because of Buhari's statements after his loss?

Better brace yourself for 2019 cos if you think PMB will concede defeat peacefully the way GEJ did then you're living in a fool's paradise.

In Africa there's a sit tight syndrome with most of her so called leaders, even OBJ tried to bribe his way to a third term.

African leaders are known to love to hang on to power even at the cost of citizens lives and what GEJ did remains a very commendable feat in Africa.

Cheers.

Why are you so sure Buhari will lose? Do you have opon ifa in front of you?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Adjourns Naira Redesign Suit To March 3 / 3 Things That Will Happen To Saraki If Found Guilty By CCT / Atiku Wins In 10 Local Governments In Ondo (Official Results)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.