Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,746 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 (48009 Views)

Jonathan Reveals How Obama Govt Interfered In 2015 Election / Buba Galadima: Buhari’s Marabouts Advised Him Against Removing Service Chiefs / Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by WaffenSS(m): 8:53am On Nov 21, 2018
Someone lost a race and he's being celebrated as a hero for accepting defeat.

They make it seem like he won and handed over his victory magnanimously to Buhari.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by nice2000: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2018
I don't think Buhari would do the same if he lose because, animals are different from humans
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Chrisdavis: 8:55am On Nov 21, 2018
U conceded defeat and where are we today when you gave over power are people not dying every day its better we emphasize more on things that unite us than things that divides us God save us all. long live federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Geeboy10(m): 8:56am On Nov 21, 2018
We celebrate mediocrity too much in this part of the world. You lose an election, you concede defeat and you get celebrated... I don't get it...
GEJ is a perfect gentleman and I respect him a lot, But he lost that election and he knew it even before the election...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by deebrownneymar: 8:56am On Nov 21, 2018
Did NOI lie or did GEJ forget? I'm confused.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by kollinpowel(m): 8:57am On Nov 21, 2018
Someone is not telling the truth here, NOI said she convinced GEJ to accept defeat,now its another story from GEJ . 2 adult who can't actually be trusted with their words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:57am On Nov 21, 2018
Guestlander:

Why are you so sure Buhari will lose? Do you have opon ifa in front of you?

Because on the streets out here Nigerians are fed up with APC lies and the president's total unawareness and insensisitivity to many national issues.

Nigerians have also realised that the corruption fight is a scam cos we have fallen about 12 places in corruption rankings since 2016.

Forget what you see on NL, PMB has very very few supporters on ground.

Cheers.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Ken4agent(m): 8:58am On Nov 21, 2018
I always know that ikonjo is a money loving bigot since the day she demand she be paid in Dollas....if GEJ dance to she n her cohot decision what state would d country have been

Worst they all fly out of the burning country.......God is watching all of una in 3D sad shocked
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by orisa37: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2018
Fear is the Harbinger of Peace.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Geeboy10(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2018
That his book is not complete o if he doesn't explain the height of corruption under his watch, especially that of #dasukigate...
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by shegxyy(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2018
FFS, this is not a big deal. In every sane country, you're meant to step down when you lose an election. It's only in Nigeria that you become a hero because you lost and stepped down. E for no step down na. Mumu people
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2018
I don't know why young Nigerians are always in a hurry for short cuts. Headlines is always the main thing never the story behind it.

The man said they were making sundry suggestions... He was not paying them any mind. He never said any one of them said he should not concede or concede.

AnyoneButAtiku:
Someone ain't telling the truth sad
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2018
Did you read the story or the h eadline

Ken4agent:
I always know that ikonjo is a money loving bigot since the day she demand she be paid in Dollas....if GEJ dance to she n her cohot decision what state would d country have been

Worst they all fly out of the burning country.......God is watching all of una in 3D sad shocked
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by omoakin87(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

So touching... Can't stop respecting this man.

If had refused, the election would have been cancelled in some areas and rescheduled. There will be revolt, the North will go gaga and part of the West. Southeast and South south will be calm but will later retialate.
Some will be for and others against. The military will move in and to queel the riots,possibly a take over. Boko Haram will have a field day, Niger delta militants will take advantage of the commotion to grind the oil sector to a standstill,biafra agitators will step in forming a sepratist movement. It would have been total chaos and the genocide would have been unprecedented. The international community will step into the confusion,they also will be overwhelmed cos it won't be about election again but division of the country.
Millions will die cos Nigeria will become YUGOSLAVIA... War with different faces!!!

Thank you GEJ for not allowing your ambition come before the people.

Correct you got it right. Though he also has some fought but the sacrifice he made is golden.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Bizibi(m): 9:03am On Nov 21, 2018
It is funny,even his political enemies were with him
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:
Someone ain't telling the truth sad
You see why we need a selfless person to rule us... We can now see everyone just like taking vain glory to justify how righteous and good they are to be the hero when all they need to do is just get there and get the job done and shutup! Nothing goes for nothing everyone is somehow selfish in their own way but we should always remember Karma will recompense you or your offspring for doing good...Evil never triumps good so why bother when people dont recognise your good deeds..Now who is lying among both? GEJ or okonjo? sad...Anyway we are all humans but we should always never forget to avoid sensitive lies.

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Bizibi(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2018
Ken4agent:

hehehehehe,funny being,read the story well oooo
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Adakintroy: 9:05am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

But Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Mohammed Bello Adoke have a different recollection of events sir grin grin grin

Okojo-Iwela offers the following insight

And this is corroborated by both Segun Adeniyi and Mohammed Bello Adoke

Stop side tracking. Those different views if anything showed similarities. The point was that he was contemplating a mist the different alternative views and had not come to a definite cinclusion. In the end those were his advices and nothing more. He was the general and commander in chief. The final call rest with him and his heart. If he had made a wrong call you would have criticisms him. He made the right one so please give him his credits. You all hate to give him credit.

But I say he is the most credit worthy president since independence.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Adakintroy: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

But Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Mohammed Bello Adoke have a different recollection of events sir grin grin grin

Okojo-Iwela offers the following insight

And this is corroborated by both Segun Adeniyi and Mohammed Bello Adoke

Stop side tracking. Those different views if anything showed similarities. The point was that he was contemplating a mist the different alternative views and had not come to a definite cinclusion. In the end those were his advicers and nothing more. He was the general and commander in chief. The final call still rest with him and his heart. If he had made a wrong call you would have criticisms him. He made the right one so please give him his credits. You all hate to give him credit.

But I say he is the most credit worthy president since independence.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by seunlly(m): 9:06am On Nov 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

If had refused, the election would have been cancelled in some areas and rescheduled. There will be revolt, the North will go gaga and part of the West. Southeast and South south will be calm but will later retialate.
Some will be for and others against. The military will move in and to queel the riots,possibly a take over. Boko Haram will have a field day, Niger delta militants will take advantage of the commotion to grind the oil sector to a standstill,biafra agitators will step in forming a sepratist movement. It would have been total chaos and the genocide would have been unprecedented. The international community will step into the confusion,they also will be overwhelmed cos it won't be about election again but division of the country.
Millions will die cos Nigeria will become YUGOSLAVIA... War with different faces!!!

But Bubu dont care.
He is planning to win this election by fire by force.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by myrates: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2018
chiefolododo:
Jonathan is not a general
. But he won a war before it began and brought peace to the land.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by fortune1968: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2018
Good .We can now see that Jonathan is a man of peace surrounded by SELFISH PEOPLE .Even Okonjo Iweala !
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by ogatboy(m): 9:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Well those of you saying Jonathan did what he should have done and nothing special, well in a sane country, Buhari lit this country on fire when he lost, he should have been charged for treason and not anywhere near the sit of power. Judge for yourself hypocrites
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by kingthreat(m): 9:07am On Nov 21, 2018
TheRealestGuy:

Do you know how many people lost their lives after the 2011 elections just because of Buhari's statements after his loss?

Better brace yourself for 2019 cos if you think PMB will concede defeat peacefully the way GEJ did then you're living in a fool's paradise.

In Africa there's a sit tight syndrome with most of her so called leaders, even OBJ tried to bribe his way to a third term.

African leaders are known to love to hang on to power even at the cost of citizens lives and what GEJ did remains a very commendable feat in Africa.

Cheers.

This is democracy not 1980 military rule. Sit tight era is gone. Buhari loses, he gets out. Or should we heap praise then too that he conceded defeat? Bullcrap
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Lewandoski20(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2018
Offpoint:
Dear Mr. Ahmadu James Yakubu, today's the last day I was asked to give you to redeem yourself. so, I'm going to do you the favour of reposting this:

Dear Mr. Ahmadu James Yakubu,
Hiding under these nairaland Moniker:
*patowa
*Konjimus
and many others which I'm not interested in listing.
I don't wanna believe you're a scammer hence i waited 2 days to do this, but if you are... then you just met the wrongest person on earth.
Remember I told you that woman is a lawyer base outside the country? you never knew her husband's a SARS officer base in Lagos.
By now you've already know yourself if you come across this comment. I'm going to paste this on every section of nairaland today & tomorrow and I'm doing it for your own good.
Here's is the thing, the money mean nothing... you're given the grace to do the job or refund the money between today and tomorrow
If you still don't know yourself, let me make it clearer:
This is you're scamming details
Ahmadu James Yakubu
First bank account
0903 714 7924 was your number
I'm not interested in your moniker cuz you have millions of them, but by now if you're reading this... you know yourself.
You're going to do the Adsense you collected N17,000 in total for between today and tomorrow or refund the money.... else you'll have yourself to blame. what happened to bitcoins scammer 4 months ago will be your fate.
You think you're smart, but dropping those account details was your biggest mistake.
I'll be on every section of nairaland for your own good.

I strike out "and tomorrow" on this post to let you know you only have today.

Pls help me na... someone stole my bitcoins.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by midolian(m): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2018
Corrinthians:
Everyone check out all this one's brain could come up with after reading the story. grin cheesy

Buhari don finish some people for this country mentally. grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by macaphan007(m): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

it would have been complete chaos and bedlam....thank God he conceded.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by seunH: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2018
Although I stand to be corrected. GEJ participated in an election, lost the election and conceded Simple!!!! The other option would simply have been for him to cheat!!! (cancelling elections in some polling unit etc). Do people now want us to eulogize GEJ for not cheating. It could have been an entirely different case (the way it's trying to be projected) if GEJ was cheated and despite that still conceded defeat then I would have if possible had personally recommended him for a Nobel Prize. NB It would be unfair to say GEJ was cheated, remember it was the same INEC chairman who umpired the election that brought him in was that same who supervised 2015 elections.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by pafisayo(m): 9:14am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:
You did what you are suppose to do. Nothing special.

We should stop celebrating bullshiiiiit in this country.

God bless you!!!
If Buhari ends up loosing next year. The simple thing to do is hand over.
It’s a public office not anyones birth right .
Politics aside... we make all these politicians feel entitled.
It is an insult to our collective conscience that a public office holder will loose an election and he/she would even be contemplating on wether to accept defeat or do other - wise .
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by IbrahimDamola: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2018
Jonathan actually won that election becausr card readers failed in many parts of his stronghold while Jega's INEC allowed child voters, illegal migrants from niger and chad to vote without card readers in buhari's stronghold in the north. We all know what happened, and how our yoruba media refused to report all these anomaly because we yorubas hated the way GEJ embraced the East as a father for all. GEJ simply wanted no bloodshed unlike the papa of Monkeys and baboons (PMB)

The current INEC is also planning to adopt same rigging measures, they are going to ensure card readers fail in PDP strongholds while immigrants from niger, sudan, chad without PVCs and underaged voters will be given a field day in buhari Jibril's stronghold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Firefire(m): 9:17am On Nov 21, 2018
Corrinthians:
Myn d44, I have reported this member for calling me a "devil" yet no punitive measure against him has been taken.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

Please stop misquoting me. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cornflakes For Jihad: The Boko Haram Origin Story By David Hundeyin / Throwback Photo Of Peter Obi, Dangote, Ngozi Iweala And Jim Ovia / Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.