Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 (48008 Views)

Jonathan Reveals How Obama Govt Interfered In 2015 Election / Buba Galadima: Buhari’s Marabouts Advised Him Against Removing Service Chiefs / Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Mosesayo123(m): 9:18am On Nov 21, 2018
Hmm...
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2018
Thanks for putting the Country first, otherwise some fools who are here shouting it was nothing might have lost their lives , mother , father or other relatives to the outcome of your refusal.

As a person I'm happy you did the right thing to save the lives of million, properties and democracy in Nigeria. Cuz it cause u nothing to start the war and go get a shelter in Somalia
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by globemoney: 9:26am On Nov 21, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
Jonathan actually won that election becausr card readers failed in many parts of his stronghold while Jega's INEC allowed child voters, illegal migrants from niger and chad to vote without card readers in buhari's stronghold in the north. We all know what happened, and how our yoruba media refused to report all these anomaly because we yorubas hated the way GEJ embraced the East as a father for all. GEJ simply wanted no bloodshed unlike the papa of Monkeys and baboons (PMB)

The current INEC is also planning to adopt same rigging measures, they are going to ensure card readers fail in PDP strongholds while immigrants from niger, sudan, chad without PVCs and underaged voters will be given a field day in buhari Jibril's stronghold.

I hope you are not including SE as PDP stronghold because the present SE is a stronghold for APGA! Be guided
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Mysselff2: 9:27am On Nov 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

So touching... Can't stop respecting this man.

If had refused, the election would have been cancelled in some areas and rescheduled. There will be revolt, the North will go gaga and part of the West. Southeast and South south will be calm but will later retialate.
Some will be for and others against. The military will move in and to queel the riots,possibly a take over. Boko Haram will have a field day, Niger delta militants will take advantage of the commotion to grind the oil sector to a standstill,biafra agitators will step in forming a sepratist movement. It would have been total chaos and the genocide would have been unprecedented. The international community will step into the confusion,they also will be overwhelmed cos it won't be about election again but division of the country.
Millions will die cos Nigeria will become YUGOSLAVIA... War with different faces!!!

Thank you GEJ for not allowing your ambition come before the people.

God bless GEJ, the hero of Nigeria;s democracy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Offpoint: 9:27am On Nov 21, 2018
Lewandoski20:

Pls help me na... someone stole my bitcoins.
let me be through with this guy, I'll link you with someone.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by dbestuncle: 9:34am On Nov 21, 2018
Do u reason at all?

Guestlander:

What man of peace? When you lose an election you are supposed to concede. What other alternative did he have which would not have resulted in violence?
My only surprise is that some people actually advised him not to concede!
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by danot1030: 9:35am On Nov 21, 2018
Okonjo Iweala the ipob saint. I never took a like at that woman as I have always suspected her to be evil.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by danot1030: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:
Someone ain't telling the truth sad

I have never trusted that woman and she's proving me right
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Roadto2019: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

But Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Mohammed Bello Adoke have a different recollection of events sir grin grin grin

Okojo-Iwela offers the following insight

And this is corroborated by both Segun Adeniyi and Mohammed Bello Adoke

Your foolishness is legendary. The actor said his own story but you said it is false. Grand Master of Foolishness.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Truthsbitter: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
Martartins:
Some comments deserve slap sha. You won't know what it means for a black man to leave his sit after tasting power. Go to Cameroon, Zimbabwe and a host of other countries and see how 80+ years old are still fighting to remain in power. In fact, they have made sure they eliminate any opposition and you say we shouldn't celebrate Jonathan.
thumbs up.

You forgot to add our current sicko .
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by DeRuggedProf: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2018
I have always known that OSITA is a very bad thing.
Someone was suggesting he should be chosen to be VP on nairaland.
Plate numbers would have suddenly become more expensive than cars..

That man would have been watching blood spilling in this nation from the safety of Aso Rock.

Now we know the demons.
I have always opposed any thing this selfish guy stands for.
He is a shame to the youth.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by dokie: 9:41am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:
You did what you are suppose to do. Nothing special.

We should stop celebrating bullshiiiiit in this country.

Would you have done the same.

You guys just sit beside your systems and type. If you understand the powers of a president in this part of the world, you will understand why people are praising Jonathan.

In Africa, power reigns supreme, not principles.

Jonathan did well by conceding, but did badly by loosing the elections vin the first place.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by PastorDannie(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2018
zlantanfan:
Its always good to accept when you are defeated.

The voice of the people is the voice of God except you needed the abacha treatment from God

which Abacha treatment sir? God is not a fool,ok. Just thank God we had a leader that value ur life more than political power. You would have ended up like SOLOM GRUNDI
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by AnyoneButAtiku: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2018
Adakintroy:

Stop side tracking. Those different views if anything showed similarities. The point was that he was contemplating a mist the different alternative views and had not come to a definite cinclusion. In the end those were his advicers and nothing more. He was the general and commander in chief. The final call still rest with him and his heart. If he had made a wrong call you would have criticisms him. He made the right one so please give him his credits. You all hate to give him credit.

But I say he is the most credit worthy president since independence.

His barely disguised attempt to revise history may sit well with those who have poor comprehension skills, but it does not fly with me grin

Are you even aware that but for Adoke's refusal to disqualify Buhari from running in the first place, in defiance of Jonathan's initial request, Nigeria might have been pushed to the precipice.

The book records the last-minute intrigues and political manoeuvres that defined his last moments with top aides and ministers in the Presidential Villa and the relief he felt after he congratulated President Buhari in a telephone conversation.

Jonathan said he rebuffed the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.

He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room. I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood.”
Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/jonathan-pressed-reject-2015-election-result/
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Carlyscales: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2018
Afamed:

Are you reading from another book previously written by GEJ?
Stop insulting our intelligence n embarrassing urself!

What is the essence or writing a memoir??

Is to right ur wrongs or expose and embrace it, give ur account from ur own perspective to d extent u can remember, drum ur rights/achievements and ultimately project ur self. This is amidst other aim u wanna accomplish like making money n getting political n career advantage.

Thats what most celebrated memoirs (Obama, Mitchell, Obasango, Gowon El-rufai , Awolowo, NOI etc) do period.

If Obama's guardians, friends n folks were to write about him sniffing cocaine n marijuana while growing up from their perspective n memories. Do u think it'll be same as how he wrote it??
Or same as he correctly made look like just youthful exuberance??

So what are we talking about here
Moreover it's not even as though it was much different from what she wrote so

Even Matthew, Mark, Luke n John's account of Jesus days in d Bible are not exactly same in every detail. So

Better respect urself oo!
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by PenileFitness: 10:10am On Nov 21, 2018
It is good he did not listen to them.

#CheckMyProfile
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by JuanDeDios: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2018
Corrinthians:
Stick to topic.

Between the ineffectual buffoon and madam headress, who is lying? grin
Personally, I find it hard to believe that Okonjo-Iweala, Chidoka, Waramopowei-something, and Adoke all lied.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Olorunnim: 10:13am On Nov 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

If had refused, the election would have been cancelled in some areas and rescheduled. There will be revolt, the North will go gaga and part of the West. Southeast and South south will be calm but will later retialate.
Some will be for and others against. The military will move in and to queel the riots,possibly a take over. Boko Haram will have a field day, Niger delta militants will take advantage of the commotion to grind the oil sector to a standstill,biafra agitators will step in forming a sepratist movement. It would have been total chaos and the genocide would have been unprecedented. The international community will step into the confusion,they also will be overwhelmed cos it won't be about election again but division of the country.
Millions will die cos Nigeria will become YUGOSLAVIA... War with different faces!!!

Knowledgeable
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Adakintroy: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

His barely disguised attempt to revise history may sit well with those who have poor comprehension skills, but it does not fly with me grin

Are you even aware that but for Adoke's refusal to disqualify Buhari from running in the first place, in defiance of Jonathan's initial request, Nigeria might have been pushed to the precipice.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/jonathan-pressed-reject-2015-election-result/

Revise what history. You are so distant from reality and lack knowledge of how the world works. See how far the lies got you. Where were you when the world was visiting him with honors. Mr. I have all the comprehension skills but I can't tell when a show has close from when it's still commencing. International bodies also lack comprehension skill.

Someone that made history And has been recognising by the world already . Now a vanguard for democracy and good governance all over africa. You are talking like we are still at the negotiating state.

He just wrote his book to give you a clearer perspective. Weather it sit with you or not is irrelevant. With your kind, your mind is already position for hate him and praise. buhari. Its a mind setting not logical, factual or rational based. If he had rejected the result you would have said one thing, he accepted and you are still finding holes.

I have vowed not to criticisee buhari. I just want to see how he will manage the democracy handed over to him in one piece. This will be his real test. I know he is a vain ambitious man, masquerading like a national patriots. But let him act it out by himself.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by engrsyer(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2018
zlantanfan:
Its always good to accept when you are defeated.

The voice of the people is the voice of God except you needed the abacha treatment from God

so to you now what is happening is the voice/will of God? Open your eyes ooo bro
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by engrsyer(m): 10:27am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:

fool. May you never be celebrated as you hate people been celebrated or worth celebrating
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by ProphetAmos: 10:30am On Nov 21, 2018
[quote author=IamD18 post=73161555]You did what you are suppose to do. Nothing special.

We should stop celebrating bullshiiiiit in this country.[/quote

I felt I needed to comment based on what you wrote, someone who did what is expected of him should still be celebrated notwithstanding, because we have people out there who will not do their primary duty.]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by 49cents(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:

you are bullshit

how come APC had to stop inec from calling out the results
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Ryan14(m): 10:33am On Nov 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Guestlander: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2018
TheRealestGuy:

Because on the streets out here Nigerians are fed up with APC lies and the president's total unawareness and insensisitivity to many national issues.

Nigerians have also realised that the corruption fight is a scam cos we have fallen about 12 places in corruption rankings since 2016.

Forget what you see on NL, PMB has very very few supporters on ground.

Cheers.

I see you are parroting the nonsense being bandied about by the obviously disgruntled British/Indian woman.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by emerged01(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2018
A true hero! My respect for him will forever remain. Despites the advice of his advisers,he chose to follow his inner voice.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by AnyoneButAtiku: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2018
Adakintroy:

Revise what history. You are so distant from reality and lack knowledge of how the world works. Someone that made history himself. And has been recognising by the world already. Now a vanguard for democracy and good governance all over the africa. You are talking like we are still at the negotiating state.

He just wrote his book to give you a clearer perspective. Weather it sit with you or not is irrelevant. With your kind, your mind is already position for hate and praise for buhari. If he had rejected the result you would have said one thing, he accepted and you are still finding holes.

I have vowed not to criticisee buhari. I just want to see how he will manage the democracy handed over to him in one piece. This will he the real test. I know he is a vain ambitious man, masquerading like a national patriots. But let him act it out by himself.

Yawns cheesy

With respect to the embolden statements in your post; I must ask if you know how many national elections Obasanjo, who pursued a third term agenda at great expense, has monitored in Africa and beyond?

Moving on swiftly...who cares if you criticise Buhari? Do you think everyone else is a binary thinker like you?

As for your retort about having a better understanding of the how the world works, all I will say is: Nairaland is a leveler. grin
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Guestlander: 10:39am On Nov 21, 2018
dbestuncle:

Do u reason at all?

Far better than you do obviously. Serving is a privilege in a democracy not a right. He was not a king, the presidency was not his birthright. He didn't have any other choice than to concede, and this also applies to all elected officials.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Psoul(m): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2018
My genotype is AA=Atiku Abubakar and my blood group is O Positive=Obi Peter. Please join me to vote Atiku/Obi 2019
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Mejor79(m): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2018
Are you people expecting him to start writing or saying he was advised to accept defeat he cann't say that. That would imply his not a man of his words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: 3 Months After Losing Power, PDP Wadata House Rots Away / Cornflakes For Jihad: The Boko Haram Origin Story By David Hundeyin / Throwback Photo Of Peter Obi, Dangote, Ngozi Iweala And Jim Ovia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.