Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? (1482 Views)

Germany-Based Nigerian Marries An Old Man, Sparks Reactions / My Wife Is Always Sad Whenever I Send Money To My Family / Little Girl Dances Amazingly, Social Media Users Tag Her 'An Old Woman' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2018
I don't know if this is the right place but I need help on this.

A brief of the issue- I lived with my granma in the village so I know all her siblings and relations. Recently she lost one of her elder sister at a good old age - well over a 100 years.

At the burial I was told one of her elder sisters came there without aso ebi and wore bathroom slippers (my granma's has another elder sister- she's the one who came to her immediate elder sister's burial without aso ebi and with a bathroom slippers).

She has only one son, and grand children. Her son is very poor too and the grand children are well to do but have refused to take care of this woman.

Ask me what is my own headache? They call her witch, this woman is ovee 95years. God really bless them with old age, i heard their granpa lived over 150 years.

If i send my granma money to gives her she won't, but i know she occasionally gives her food.

Secondly, if she dies, my granma will ask me for money to buy cloths and food to do burial ceremony and i have vowed not to be a part of it. I want to use that money my granma will ask then to feed her now.

I have cousins and people i can send to her but i dont want them to know and dont want the woman to know where the help is coming from. If God has spared her life till today, who are humans to call her witch? I have not seen anybody she killed or caused misfortune to.

I want to know how i can send her money monthly till God call her home please. Am so pained now.

The Aso ebi cost only 6k and no body could just maje her happy. Weep weeeeeeppppp. I never knew she don't buy and no one bought for her, i asked after her before the party and i was told she got. All for them to tell me on phone after the burial that she came looking dirty.

I need to know how to send her money without my family knowing and she herself not knowing who is sending her money. If she knows who's doing the favour, she will dance to my house in villa to greet them and ask them to greet me and fire will start so i want to remain anonymous.

Lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique, pleaae help me get a wider read and view, so I can get good information.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 21, 2018
Ok...
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Eberechi24(f): 11:35am On Nov 21, 2018
Find someone outside your family circle, tell him/her what you intend to do. if he agrees then send it through him/her.

Look for someone who's trustworthy o. Someone who will not divert the money to his pocket

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by nifemi25(m): 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
I will advise you look for someone that is trustworthy and close to the woman. Since you don't want your identity to be released. You can be sending the money the person account every month and make sure he delivers the money. God bless you as you help the old woman.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Agbaletu: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
God bless you OP. If you can mention the state in Nigeria, we can even see a trustworthy Nairaland that we can recommend to stand in for you. Don't mention the city in order to remain anonymous.
God bless you once again.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by armyofone(m): 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
Your write-up pained me so much. Old women suffer that same calamity in Nigeria especially if they are poor and have no money/someone to look out for them.
Please do all you can to provide for that woman. Follow what Agbalatu said asap. I can only imagine the curses rained on her daily. You need to warn your grandmom to stop being cruel and mean.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by sisisioge: 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
This is quite simple. Donate to her through the church in your community. Let them know you care and hope to do it anonymously till she passes on...may God bless your good heart.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by armyofone(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
Her church is a good place but what about if the family members worship there ?

sisisioge:
This is quite simple. Donate to her through the church in your community. Let them know you care and hope to do it anonymously till she passes on...may God bless your good heart.
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Diamond23(f): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2018
Nobody z trustworthy once money z concerned. Y not pay her a visit den give her d gift buh instruct her to keep it a secret...Sometimes just a simple visit z worth more dan gold.it will make her feel she z still loved Nd wz not abandoned

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by frozen70(f): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
Metooreal:

A brief of the issue- I lived with my granma in the village so I know all her siblings and relations. Recently she lost one of her elder sister at a good old age - well over a 100 years.

At the burial I was told one of her elder sisters came there without aso ebi and wore bathroom slippers (my granma's has another elder sister- she's the one who came to her immediate elder sister's burial without aso ebi and with a bathroom slippers).

She has only one son, and grand children. Her son is very poor too and the grand children are well to do but have refused to take care of this woman.

Ask me what is my own headache? They call her witch, this woman is ovee 95years. God really bless them with old age, i heard their granpa lived over 150 years.

If i send my granma money to gives her she won't, but i know she occasionally gives her food.

Secondly, if she dies, my granma will ask me for money to buy cloths and food to do burial ceremony and i have vowed not to be a part of it. I want to use that money my granma will ask then to feed her now.

I have cousins and people i can send to her but i dont want them to know and dont want the woman to know where the help is coming from. If God has spared her life till today, who are humans to call her witch? I have not seen anybody she killed or caused misfortune to.

I want to know how i can send her money monthly till God call her home please. Am so pained now.

The Aso ebi cost only 6k and no body could just maje her happy. Weep weeeeeeppppp. I never knew she don't buy and no one bought for her, i asked after her before the party and i was told she got. All for them to tell me on phone after the burial that she came looking dirty.

I need to know how to send her money without my family knowing and she herself not knowing who is sending her money. If she knows who's doing the favour, she will dance to my house in villa to greet them and ask them to greet me and fire will start so i want to remain anonymous.

Lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique, pleaae help me get a wider read and view, so I can get good information.

Take out time and go and visit her with not just money

But provisions, slippers and toiletries

Then any money you want to give her give grand ma her own first then pass her own to grandma to give to her in your presence there that moment all of you are seated
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Richy4(m): 12:57am On Nov 22, 2018
If I were you, I will give my grand mother that money and issue a warning that if it was not given to the recipient, .....That she won't like what u will do.... let her dare you... If the money was your, no one should decide whom u give it to.. or what you gonna do with it..

Follow up by make numerous calls to her to make sure she has delivered the said amount... Your own grandma should not be acting the way she was doing in as much as things are OK for her...

As for those grandkids, any time she passed on, wait for any of them that will shed crocodile tears... U just ask on what grounds were they shedding tears...was it the love they had for her or...
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:34am On Nov 22, 2018
Metooreal:

am confused or your failing to explain yourself in english

you say she is your granma, but sound distant from her,

can your explain how she is your granma ?
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by sisisioge: 7:00am On Nov 22, 2018
armyofone:
Her church is a good place but what about if the family members worship there ?

It won't matter, it will just be the church giving her an enveloped amount monthly sponsored by an anonymous party.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by babyfaceafrica: 10:14am On Nov 22, 2018
if you want to remain totally discreet,give her the money yourself.. anything that is known to more than one person is no more a secret..... all this church and anonymous person won't fly.... one day it will cast.. go to her house and see her yourself.. capish!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 10:41am On Nov 24, 2018
Agbaletu:
God bless you OP. If you can mention the state in Nigeria, we can even see a trustworthy Nairaland that we can recommend to stand in for you. Don't mention the city in order to remain anonymous.
God bless you once again.

Thanks. Being busy, it's weekend so i have time to come around.

The state is Edo state. LGA - Akoko Edo.
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2018
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
if you want to remain totally discreet,give her the money yourself.. anything that is known to more than one person is no more a secret..... all this church and anonymous person won't fly.... one day it will cast.. go to her house and see her yourself.. capish!!!

I don't live there. Yes, i can't trust anyone enough not to tell my family members.
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 10:46am On Nov 24, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

am confused or your failing to explain yourself in english

you say she is your granma, but sound distant from her,

can your explain how she is your granma ?

Read the post again.

I never mentioned the woman in question is my granma. Read again, i used simple English.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2018
Richy4:
If I were you, I will give my grand mother that money and issue a warning that if it was not given to the recipient, .....That she won't like what u will do.... let her dare you... If the money was your, no one should decide whom u give it to.. or what you gonna do with it..

Follow up by make numerous calls to her to make sure she has delivered the said amount... Your own grandma should not be acting the way she was doing in as much as things are OK for her...

As for those grandkids, any time she passed on, wait for any of them that will shed crocodile tears... U just ask on what grounds were they shedding tears...was it the love they had for her or...

I want my family out of it. She will never give her. I know her well, and my granma is not someone a child can toss around, you can't issue her warning ooo. Them no born that child well.

I don't want to sound rude too. As much as possible i need a faithful person and me remain anonymous to the woman herself.
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 10:56am On Nov 24, 2018
frozen70:

Take out time and go and visit her with not just money

But provisions, slippers and toiletries

Then any money you want to give her give grand ma her own first then pass her own to grandma to give to her in your presence there that moment all of you are seated

Granma get monthly alerts so she's not the issue here. I hadly go home. Am married with little kids and live far away from them. So visiting is out of it. Granma visit me yearly.
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 11:04am On Nov 24, 2018
sisisioge:

Hmmm, nice.

She doesn't attend church. But you know what? You just nailed it. I will contact the church pastor through my cousin. Ask him to visit him and offer to be giving her monthly stipend if she agree to be coming to church.

How about this?

Secondly, how do this quickteller guys operate?
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Richy4(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2018
So you haven't sent the money yet since you opened this thread. .. please hurry up and send it already if u really want to give.... just pick any suggestion given to you up there...
It is your money, U worked for it... u don't have to be afraid of family members finding out... even if they do u don't have to answer to any one and pls no procrastination on your part..

By the way thanks for remembering and finding it in your heart to give..

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Metooreal: 11:46am On Nov 24, 2018
Richy4:
So you haven't sent the money yet since you opened this thread. .. please hurry up and send it already if u really want to give.... just pick any suggestion given to you up there...
It is your money, U worked for it... u don't have to be afraid of family members finding out... even if they do u don't have to be answer to any one and pls no procrastination on your part..

By the way thanks for remembering and finding it in your heart to give..

Am getting in touch with the pastor today. I will not linger, I won't be halppy if I don't make an impact on her life now!

No one knows the departure time
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by positivedaveyy(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2018
Good day all,
I'm a graduate of Biochemistry from UNIBEN with 2.2, and I've since completed my NYSC. I have 4 years working experience in diffrent fields ranging from Customer Service, Ticketing and Reservation, Supervisory levels, Office & Administration, Marketting, Computer Operations, and Teaching.
Diligence and commitment to duties are my watchwords. I'm also open minded and excited about learning new things and handling new opportunities.
I'm proficient in the use of Ms Office tools and packages as well as Social media flexibility.
I've worked as a Data entry Personnel at EXP Marketing Nigeria and it greatly improved my data entry skills.
I would appreciate if anyone can help or recommend me to someone as I'm presently jobless.
Please, be my connection and God bless your good hearts.
Location - Lagos, Abuja, South-South & South-East
Contacts - 09038561889 & 08025341558
ighagbonosayande@outlook.com
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by sisisioge: 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2018
Metooreal:

Hmmm, nice.

She doesn't attend church. But you know what? You just nailed it. I will contact the church pastor through my cousin. Ask him to visit him and offer to be giving her monthly stipend if she agree to be coming to church.

How about this?

Secondly, how do this quickteller guys operate?

Lovely, but let's not stress mama into going to church if it's not convenient. Pastor could extend his godly duties towards delivering at her doorstep embarassed.

As per quickteller, I know they are intermediaries between different banks. They will charge N100 for transfers...they won't deliver to mama at home though grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2018
I can tell you're a good guy, op. Please pick one of the good suggestions up there and find a way to send the old woman money. Nigerians are so cruel, calling a poor old woman a witch. She's probaly alone and abandoned now. Please take care of her for me, I beg. I hate it when people treat old people badly. cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Ishilove: 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2018
Metooreal:

Read the post again.

I never mentioned the woman in question is my granma. Read again, i used simple English.
In a way she is. The mama is your great aunt.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by armyofone(m): 12:14am On Nov 28, 2018
@Metooreal,
Please Keep us posted. I love such success stories. Even children end up calling their mama a witch who is holding their fake destiny!
Backward bunch!!
Re: How Do I Send Money To An Old Woman? by Gboliwe: 2:34am On Nov 28, 2018
A nairalander needs urgent financial help. Please follow this link and help as you can.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/man-seeks-n8m-for-mothers-kidney-transplant/

Nairaland link: https://www.nairaland.com/4443372/please-save-mothers-life-shes

(1) (Reply)

I Feel I'm Far Behind My Mate, Will Turned 27 In Months Time / Help,wedding Venue / My Mother Dont Want Me To Marry Ijebu Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.