Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? (1341 Views)

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church / Reyginus Explain The Genesis Creation Story As You Requested For. / What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by efoghorjos: 1:25am On Jul 27, 2010
How did the world come to be? Who created the world, did it come be molecular accident or God created it? Be free to air your views as far as this discussion is concerned.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by nonnyp(f): 1:34am On Jul 27, 2010
The creation of the world is purely God's handiwork plz don't blaspheme
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by vescucci(m): 3:00am On Jul 27, 2010
More articulately, was the world brought about by the big bang or by creation? I don't see how they have to be mutually exclusive. What parameters do you use to judge if the big bang is an accident? Everything points to the validity of the big bang but I am yet to see conclusive proof. I am inclined to believe in the theory because I really don't care either way. Who is to say there really aren't multiple universes? With other beings before us and probably other ones coming after us. Other being WITH us. I mean with us co-existing in this time and not UFOs which are silly. In short, conflict arises between science and religion if your stance on religion is too rigid or when you can't separate religion from fables and tales and opinion.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by ajoguegbe(m): 5:45am On Jul 27, 2010
Evolutionists agree with the Bible that snakes once had legs but differ on the cause of their present legless form. Whereas evolution scientists attribute the alteration to the process of natural selection, the Bible tells us it was by divine intervention; whereas scientists say it was during the course of evolution, the Bible says it was the consequence of a curse on creation as a result of the fall of man.

Whose report should we believe: Moses (Genesis) or Darwin(Evolution)? Or do we look for the missing link between
Geology and Theology? What does the Bible say about the theory of evolution? … These questions have always agitated my mind from my university days as a student of the Geological Sciences and an ardent believer in the Bible as the inerrant word of God.

The answers I eventually discovered by revelation is all put down in my blog http://judewatchman..com/2010/02/once-upon-snake-serpent-science-and.html

This blog will answer the question posed by this thread
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by MandingoII(m): 5:50am On Jul 27, 2010
Believe Science, Fugg the Bible and all its backwards teaching.

Besides how can a 2000 year old book help you anyways. undecided

and stop giving those thieving Preachers your money.

All the bible will do is keep you PASSIVE while the world pass you by, while LYING to you about you going to HEAVEN,

that's some straight up bull. sh it

The ONLY living you are going to do is NOW!!!

might as well enjoy it while u can.

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by thehomer: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
ajoguegbe:

Evolutionists agree with the Bible that snakes once had legs but differ on the cause of their present legless form. Whereas evolution scientists attribute the alteration to the process of natural selection, the Bible tells us it was by divine intervention; whereas scientists say it was during the course of evolution, the Bible says it was the consequence of a curse on creation as a result of the fall of man.

Whose report should we believe: Moses (Genesis) or Darwin(Evolution)? Or do we look for the missing link between
Geology and Theology? What does the Bible say about the theory of evolution? … These questions have always agitated my mind from my university days as a student of the Geological Sciences and an ardent believer in the Bible as the inerrant word of God.

The answers I eventually discovered by revelation is all put down in my blog http://judewatchman..com/2010/02/once-upon-snake-serpent-science-and.html

This blog will answer the question posed by this thread

I generally tend to distrust answers obtained by revelation. I think you should present evidence stronger than that.
Your blog is too long and I think for interested people to benefit, you could just summarize your main points here so we can discuss them and the errors and assumptions you made on the blog e.g snakes once had legs, and your "Curse Theory".
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by mantraa: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ poster

I suggest that you find out about the thousands of other supernatural creation stories that people believe in. Its not just a question of which is true, the bible or science?
Many other cultures have their own creations stories which are completely different from the genesis story of the bible.

Science does not have all the answers yet, but tries to find out the truth of our existence by exploring and analysing the evidence from our biology. DNA, geography, astronomy, paleontology, anthropology, geology etc. etc.

There is much more to our origins and existence than the bronze age writers of the bible could imagine or comprehend. This is why they had to invent a story with a talking snake.
Surely you dont believe that just 6000 years ago snakes could walk [b]and [/b]talk?
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by vescucci(m): 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2010
Gbam, Mantraa.

I didn't even bother with the blog
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by Dolemite(f): 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2010
Science!! evidence of science are everywhere to see. . .where are the evidence of god?
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by mazaje(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
Firstly the book of genesis was NOT written by Moses, the book was written by more than one writer, that is a FACT. . . .Secondly the genesis creation account is just the bronze aged man's idea of how the earth came about based solely on what he sees and his reasoning abilities at that time. . . .Thirdly the cosmology presented in the hebrew scriptures is no different than the one held by Israel's neighbors at that time. Typically, ancient Near eastern cosmological writings depict heaven (or sky) and earth (dry, flat land) as the two halves of creation, and they describe ways in which the sky came to be held securely above the earth. The stories in genesis 1 and 2 are NOT the same and were not even write at the same time or by the same person most bible scholars agree to this.

There are also creation stories or myths to be found in the Psalms (74:12-17; 89:11-13) and the book of Job (26:7-13; 38:1-11) which probably predate the genesis stories. All of these bear strong resemblance to the stories told by other middle eastern cultures. . . . .

The ancient hebrews viewed the universe has having three levels: 1) heaven, 2) earth, and 3) sheol or the place of the dead, under the earth. The first level was the abode of their God, the stars and the moon, the second was the abode of man, and the third was the abode of the dead. Their God was not light years away but just above us as if in a balcony. That is why according to the tower of babel myth the ancient Jews thought they could climb their way their God who was siting high about the clouds. The earth was seen as flat with four corners. This view continued into the new testament and was no doubt the view of Jesus himself, because he spoke of the whole earth seeing the son of man when he comes on the clouds.

So here is the summery of the genesis creation myth in a nutshell. . . .

1. In Genesis 1:1, the earth and "heaven" are created together "in the beginning".

2. In Genesis, the earth is created with water in it (1:1) before light (1:3), sun and stars.

3. God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?

4. God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters.

5. God placed the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament so that they can be used "for signs". This, of course, is exactly what astrologers do: read "the signs" in the Zodiac to predict what will happen on Earth.

6. The greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." But the moon is not a light; it only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky?

7. (1:16) "He made the stars also."
God spends a day making light (before making the sun and stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes the trillions of stars.

8. 1:17) "And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth."
Then why is only a tiny fraction of stars visible from earth? Under the best conditions, no more than a few thousand stars are visible with the unaided eye, yet there are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy and a hundred billion or so galaxies. Were they all created "to give light upon the earth"?

The scientific explanation has its own holes but it best explains what we see and observe and with some empirical evidence to back it up if I may add. . ,
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by ajoguegbe(m): 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
I generally tend to distrust answers obtained by revelation. I think you should present evidence stronger than that.
Your blog is too long and I think for interested people to benefit, you could just summarize your main points here so we can discuss them and the errors and assumptions you made on the blog e.g snakes once had legs, and your "Curse Theory".

That I said 'revelation' does not mean it is devoid of scientific sense, and breaking the write up down in pieces in this thread will generate more questions than answers.
Whereas most people conclude that the Bible lacks intelligent responses to the question of evolution, this write up gives a scientific minded analyst a reason to believe in the Genesis account in spite of the so called compelling evidences of evolution.

Note that evolutionists only provide geological and biological evidences to support their view, but in this blog i supplied geological, biological, psychological, medical, prophetical, historical and political proofs to authenticate the Genesis version. We have also been able to crack a major Bible code that will help scientists understand salvation. You will discover why God is omniscient and why science should strengthen not destroy your faith in Him.

I suggest you read part of it or send me your email so i can send you an easy to read pdf version. my email is ajoguegbe@yahoo.com
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by thehomer: 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
ajoguegbe:

That I said 'revelation' does not mean it is devoid of scientific sense, and breaking the write up down in pieces in this thread will generate more questions than answers.

I thought you'd be interested in answering questions about the article. And maybe go into a discussion about it.

ajoguegbe:

Whereas most people conclude that the Bible lacks intelligent responses to the question of evolution, this write up gives a scientific minded analyst a reason to believe in the Genesis account in spite of the so called compelling evidences of evolution.

What you actually mean is that you're picking and choosing the scientific facts to accept and either discard others or modify them in ways to suit yourself.

ajoguegbe:

Note that evolutionists only provide geological and biological evidences to support their view, but in this blog i supplied geological, biological, psychological, medical, prophetical, historical and political proofs to authenticate the Genesis version. We have also been able to crack a major Bible code that will help scientists understand salvation. You will discover why God is omniscient and why science should strengthen not destroy your faith in Him.

grin Throwing about those fields means little. Counting the various sub divisions that you wish to appeal to does not make your article correct or more valid. This is why I want to find out if you're actually ready to discuss your article with an interested party.

ajoguegbe:

I suggest you read part of it or send me your email so i can send you an easy to read pdf version. my email is ajoguegbe@yahoo.com

I've gone through it and even hinted at some places to start the discussion.
There's a reason why I chose to keep my e-mail address hidden.
Also, I'd rather discuss your article in the open for any interested party to be able to participate or learn as the case may be.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by vedaxcool(m): 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2010
The creation of the world following the biblical sequence is clearly false as scientist have indicated in research for example the bible claims the world came before the sun, now a scientist will tell the sun was the causative factor that produced the world that is in the process of formation of the sun the sun ejected the earth and again the claim that plants and animal came before the sun, the question is how could the plant have survived with out sun light, since some christian argue that the 6 days of creation in the bible refer to very long periods( the earth couldn't have been created within such a small time 6 days) and many other contradictions on the biblical account of the earth creation.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by manmustwac(m): 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2010
nonnyp:

The creation of the world is purely God's handiwork plz don't blaspheme
Yeah, and it was man who created God.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2010
In the Beginning Man Created God!!!
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by ajoguegbe(m): 9:12pm On Jul 29, 2010
Science evolves (changes) while Truth unfolds. Truth is eternal, while scientific theories are time limited. In any field, you only need one new contrary fact to force a rearrangement of thinking regarding the entire field. The discovery of the germ theory in 1870, plate tectonics in 1960 and the theory of relativity in the early 20th century greatly revolutionalized medicine, geology and physics respectively. That is why neither science, philosophy nor theology has ever yet been able to write a textbook that survived a generation. Truth has never needed a revision, whereas theories are revised from age to age. No one thinks of revising the Multiplication Table for instance. The Bible has never needed a revision because it is the Truth, the mysteries in it unfolds from generation to generation and what looked foolish to generations past suddenly is electrified by new revelations.

More so, Science cannot define meaning in life, nor was it meant to. And it is meaning (purpose) that must be found for a man to be satisfied and have a direction in his life. Mankind must find something outside of his own limited knowledge and interpretations on which to base his life if he wants any security at all. That purpose comes from the Bible.

This excerpt is gotten from the concluding part of the blog
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by mantraa: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
More so, Science cannot define meaning in life, nor was it meant to. And it is meaning (purpose) that must be found for a man to be satisfied and have a direction in his life. Mankind must find something outside of his own limited knowledge and interpretations on which to base his life if he wants any security at all. That purpose comes from the Bible.

Many people desire a meaning and purpose to their brief life on this planet and find it in many different belief systems and religions around the world, not just from the bible. To say that purpose comes from the bible is a very narrow viewpoint. Imagine if you were born in india to a hindu family who's hindu beliefs give them a purpose in life, Or a buddhist family, or muslim, or tao, etc. etc,

The quest for knowledge and understanding our true origins by objectively examining the evidence around us and gradually building on our knowledge and understanding of the universe and our place in it gives many people a purpose in life, even though you need to accept that you dont have all the answers yet. It was'nt that long ago that we discovered that the sun is a star and less than 100 years ago that this milky way is just one of billions of other galaxies which we cannot see with just the human eye, but only by using more and more advanced telescopes. With the discovery of photons and the speed of light, we are looking at these distant stars and galaxies as they were millions and billions of years ago. How can they have been created just 6000 years ago as claimed by the authors of genesis?

Like i said earlier, it is clear that there is much, much more to our existence than the barbaric and narrow minded bronze age writers of the bible could possibly imagine or comprehend. This is why it contain stories of talking snakes, talking donkeys, human and animal sacrifices, and a genocidal and irrational jealous god.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by thehomer: 2:44pm On Jul 30, 2010
ajoguegbe:

Science evolves (changes) while Truth unfolds. Truth is eternal, while scientific theories are time limited. In any field, you only need one new contrary fact to force a rearrangement of thinking regarding the entire field. The discovery of the germ theory in 1870, plate tectonics in 1960 and the theory of relativity in the early 20th century greatly revolutionalized medicine, geology and physics respectively. That is why neither science, philosophy nor theology has ever yet been able to write a textbook that survived a generation. Truth has never needed a revision, whereas theories are revised from age to age. No one thinks of revising the Multiplication Table for instance.

The fact that science improves with knowledge is a strength and not a weakness.

ajoguegbe:

The Bible has never needed a revision because it is the Truth, the mysteries in it unfolds from generation to generation and what looked foolish to generations past suddenly is electrified by new revelations.

This claim has been falsified many times. Like I said you usually pick and choose what to accept based on a prior assumption on the veracity of some books compiled years ago.

ajoguegbe:

While we can find purpose in life, there doesn't seem to be any purpose of life. Your claim of purpose from the Bible is not good enough to convince most of the world's population. Actually, many of us feel that the Bible and other religious books makes us more insecure

ajoguegbe:

This excerpt is gotten from the concluding part of the blog

I still don't know if you are seriously ready to face the errors you made in your blog.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2010
What about the quranic creation story, does it make sense?
vedaxcool:

The creation of the world following the biblical sequence is clearly false as scientist have indicated in research for example the bible claims the world came before the sun, now a scientist will tell the sun was the causative factor that produced the world that is in the process of formation of the sun the sun ejected the earth and again the claim that plants and animal came before the sun, the question is how could the plant have survived with out sun light, since some christian argue that the 6 days of creation in the bible refer to very long periods( the earth couldn't have been created within such a small time 6 days) and many other contradictions on the biblical account of the earth creation.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by Rhino3dm: 2:19am On Jul 31, 2010
I bet the creation story in the bible was written by 2nd grade idio.t with IQ of 65. until when we have 'New Improve International Scientific Revised Bible.(NIISRB)? Hehehe.
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by beloveeed: 5:41am On Jul 31, 2010
hi poster

this is as a result of not searching nairaland before posting the above topic. this is not really a new topic a such. take your time to search and you will discover very nice and intelligent discussions or to help you, try and search using names like pilgrim.1, viaro, davidlyan, deepsight, noetic etc
for example when i want to know how the atheist reason, i simple typed in the search option "huxley pilgrim.1" "mazaje viaro" and i had a well discussed thread.

all you will simply do is waste your time over questions upon questions trying to ridicule the Way!
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by beloveeed: 5:54am On Jul 31, 2010
o better still use this steps to study the post of any person
click search and type any name you want to start with e.g viaro
click on any topic viaro appears in
in that thread click viaro's name to view his profile
then click "show last posts of this person"
and you will see loads of post, choose anyone and you can start from the begining of such a thread.

this was how i read and enjoyed intelliegent discussion. (pls i am not using viaro to promote him but as an example)
Re: Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? by chyz(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2010
the Quran states clearly who the world and universe was created and it also talks about the big bang; however it says the the big bang is apart of God's creation. The Quran came out way before these scientist made this claim, its possible that they got it out of the Quran. science cant prove the word of God wrong when it comes to the Quran because in the Quran God science is within God's Word. So scientist are just proving more and more that there is an Almighty God

So Christians, Muslims, and Jews.There is a God don't let some atheist come out to discourage you

(1) (Reply)

Did Tb Joshua Or Chris Oyaks Predicted What Happened In Tunisia And Egypt? / The Antichrist And The 12th Imam Or Al Madhi: Are They The Same? / Cultivate A Heart For God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.