Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF (19258 Views)

2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / Kwankwaso: I Regret Supporting Buhari Against Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by MadamExcellency: 9:14am On Nov 22, 2018
I love the North for being truthful when it comes with political power.

Why do most Southwesterners hate Jonathan?
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Ahmeduana(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Will Buhari also honours his word by not contesting 2019 election?
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by GavelSlam: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2018
Ahmeduana:
Will Buhari also honours his word by not contesting 2019 election?

Buhari never said he would not be recontesting the presidency under APC, certainly not in the run up to 2015.

Let me guess, you would look for a statement from 2011.

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by allthingsgood: 9:30am On Nov 22, 2018
[s]
LORDLARGE:
Now see what it has lead the country to
A Dullard that most of his supporters in 2015 Are regretting voting him into power
[/s]

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 22, 2018
Smile4daddy:

Are you ready to move with PMB to the next level?

If yes, kindly send your account details let me push in something for you get some bags of rice.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by husbandsnatcha(f): 9:40am On Nov 22, 2018
Skillzmen:
My First NL post
welcome 2 tribalism

Join NCAN 2 enhance ur tribalism
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by livelymatilda22: 9:51am On Nov 22, 2018
Racoon:
Well the joke have been on them all along.They unwittingly showed themselves as traitors while the NE in particular have never known peace till date.

Life have been so unbearable that many of them have died needlessly while the survivors have flooded the West, East,Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria to escape the self- inflicted BH monster they created.

The Buhari "Change" they so much desired back then is now so much a plague that even Prof.Ango Abdulahi , Paul Unongo, ACF, AYF etc overtly denounced having anything to do with his re-election in 2019.

Now tell us who wins the battle and loss the war? So not all that glitters is gold.Think and act wise.
Pdp zoned the vice president to South East for the coming presidential election... How many igbos would vote Pdp if the Vp candidate was replaced with someone not from South east?..

The only reason why some people are now shouting "biafra or death" or "no referendum no election " like before, is because Obi from South east was made the VP candidate of Pdp..

This is just for VP, let alone for a President.. Think about it.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Mace0lane: 9:59am On Nov 22, 2018
Nigeriabiafra80:
Me too I have no regret atleast we now know buhari is not the messiah we seek, next level is daura
Atiku is the messiah
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by erinalex: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2018
MadamExcellency:
I love the North for being truthful when it comes with political power.

Why do most Southwesterners hate Jonathan?
the word "hate" is too strong and wrong to be used by you.
Are you not student of history or you just don't like facts ?
Or you are just beclouded by emotions ?
Southwesterners hate gej ? Yet, they voted for him overwhelmingly in 2011. He won in Lagos, Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo ; he only lost in Osun, and u called that hate?
It's clear, you actually don't know d meaning of hate.
In 1999 election, Obasanjo lost in all southern west state, what will called that ?
In 2015 election, south west voted against gej because he has failed woefully; now PMB is failing, and there should be change in pattern of voting.
My own idea is :
Performed and get voted for.
Failed and get booted out.
Time for PMB to go, simple.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Ayobami7(m): 10:43am On Nov 22, 2018
okay
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by MadamExcellency: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2018
erinalex:
Southwesterners hate gej ? Yet, they voted for him overwhelmingly in 2011. He won in Lagos, Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo ; he only lost in Osun, and u called that hate?
In 1999 election, Obasanjo lost in all southern west state, what will called that ?
In 2015 election, south west voted against gej because he has failed woefully; now PMB is failing, and there should be change in pattern of voting.
My own idea is :

Maybe, resentment is better in this context.

Jonathan wasn't rejected by the Southwest because he failed rather because of his alliance with Easterners notwithstanding investing in Southwest than Southeast. This is the same thing happening today. Incompetent Buhari will still be preferred provided he sticks with a Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Xander85: 11:07am On Nov 22, 2018
LORDLARGE:
Now see what it has lead the country to
A Dullard that most of his supporters in 2015 Are regretting voting him into power

You don't know these people! You think they care about the 'little' issue of almost all socio-economic indices heading south since 2015?

This is one of the reasons i give up on Nigeria; that the more enlightened south can be held to ransom by the greedy and power-hungry northern muslim political elite who use all sorts of subterfuge and a rigged political process to cling on to power! Control of the centre is all these mofos care about! It's been like this for them since 1960, and this is why Nigeria is the joke it is today.....that its governance is in the hands of a people just not equipped to take us to the level of the Singapores, Japans and even Rwandas of this world! sad
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Gandollar(f): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2018
Racoon:
Well the joke have been on them all along.They unwittingly showed themselves as traitors while the NE in particular have never known peace till date.

Life have been so unbearable that many of them have died needlessly while the survivors have flooded the West, East,Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria to escape the self- inflicted BH monster they created.

The Buhari "Change" they so much desired back then is now so much a plague that even Prof.Ango Abdulahi , Paul Unongo, ACF, AYF etc overtly denounced having anything to do with his re-election in 2019.

Now tell us who wins the battle and loss the war? So not all that glitters is gold.Think and act wise.
I was filled with disdain reading the OP. Hear how they talk as if they own Nigeria. So fcvking annoying! undecided

If Jonathan had won that election, I'm sure these vile elements ably led by buhari himself, would have assassinated him by now.

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Xander85: 11:29am On Nov 22, 2018
livelymatilda22:

Pdp zoned the vice president to South East for the coming presidential election... How many igbos would vote Pdp if the Vp candidate was replaced with someone not from South east?..

The only reason why some people are now shouting "biafra or death" or "no referendum no election " like before, is because Obi from South east was made the VP candidate of Pdp..

This is just for VP, let alone for a President.. Think about it.

A people, especially a republican and independent-minded people like Ndigbo, can never be expected to think alike! If you want to know what the overwhelming sentiment on any given issue is, then conduct a referendum? Or are you saying the issues facing us in Nigeria today (for which blood has been spilt) are not critical enough for a referendum? Ask yourself why one hasn't been granted like we've seen done in more enlightened and liberal societies!

Among Ndigbo, there are those who yearn for Biafra more than anything else, and there are those who are sitting on the fence and willing to give 'one Nigeria' the benefit of the doubt! It's largely the latter you see having interest in 2019, and unsurprisingly most of them have thrown their weight behind the Atiku/Obi candidacy. I doubt many of them would have queued up behind PDP if Atiku had picked a non Igbo.....especially if he had picked a Yoruba, ignoring the fact that the South East is a stronger Atiku/PDP base than the South West is!

Now knowing how Ndigbo have fared in the political-economy of Nigeria from 1966 to date, where no Igbo has been 'lucky' or allowed to be head of state, and other ethincities, regions and even states (like Katsina) have had a disproportionate 'bite at the cherry', are you trying to tell me you're surprised those Igbos still having some faith in 'one Nigeria' have decided to support Atikus' candidacy?

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Sleekfingers: 11:29am On Nov 22, 2018
noturbusiness:
I heard you guys have created another terrorist group in the north for the 2019 election. you can only kill yourself not we down south

When they kill themselves finish for north....and you think they won't come down south......

Believe it or not there are boko haram network in the south already....but we are just too blind to see

1 Like

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Xander85: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2018
Sleekfingers:

When they kill themselves finish for north....and you think they won't come down south......

Believe it or not there are boko haram network in the south already....but we are just too blind to see

I don't know if there are 'sleeper cells' operating down south, but you're right in saying that a lot of northerners (and this includes illegal immigrants form Niger, Chad, etc) have relocated down south since 2015, and many of them have headed to commercial/industrial centres like Lagos, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Onitsha and Aba!
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2018
Smile4daddy:

Are you ready to move with PMB to the next level?

If yes, kindly send your account details let me push in something for you get some bags of rice.
seriously or joking? Are you working for pmb.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by nwanyionitsha: 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2018
sammyj:
Oga Jona should let the past be, stop the distraction and move on. We need to put our eyes on the ball the 2019 election. cool
He just launched his new book so the past must be recalled.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Great2017: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2018
erinalex:
My own idea is :
And Obasanjo lost to whom?
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by livelymatilda22: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2018
Xander85:

A people, especially a republican and independent-minded people like Ndigbo, can never be expected to think alike! If you want to know what the overwhelming sentiment on any given issue is, then conduct a referendum? Or are you saying the issues facing us in Nigeria today (for which blood has been spilt) are not critical enough for a referendum? Ask yourself why one hasn't been granted like we've seen done in more enlightened and liberal societies!

Among Ndigbo, there are those who yearn for Biafra more than anything else, and there are those who are sitting on the fence and willing to give 'one Nigeria' the benefit of the doubt! It's largely the latter you see having interest in 2019, and unsurprisingly most of them have thrown their weight behind the Atiku/Obi candidacy. I doubt many of them would have queued up behind PDP if Atiku had picked a non Igbo.....especially if he had picked a Yoruba, ignoring the fact that the South East is a stronger Atiku/PDP base than the South West is!

Now knowing how Ndigbo have fared in the political-economy of Nigeria from 1966 to date, where no Igbo has been 'lucky' or allowed to be head of state, and other ethincities, regions and even states (like Katsina) have had a disproportionate 'bite at the cherry', are you trying to tell me you're surprised those Igbos still having some faith in 'one Nigeria' have decided to support Atikus' candidacy?
Read my post again for good comprehension.. You don't need to be emotional while reading it.. This is the simplest way you can understand it.. Good luck.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by precious1967(m): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
consciousless people
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by erinalex: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
Great2017:

And Obasanjo lost to whom?
Obasanjo didn't lost to nobody.
That is life.
It doesn't necessarily follow,that once you are bad you will reap d result immediately.
One of the reasons, why in 1962, J F Kennedy as d American president said "At some time, Life could be unfair '.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Reference(m): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
Xander85:

Exactly. Ask them if any one of the other two major tribes could have gone 50 years in the political history of Nigeria without representation at the highest level and not questioned the relevance of corporate Nigeria. The Abiola stolen mandate was a major security event in Nigeria in the mid nineties and the rest of the country saw in it the need to give the southwest the highest office to appease that. The West then ruled for 8 years but instead of going to the east by fair game the discourse shifted to a north-south rotation. By sheer providence power returned quickly to the south, not the south east but the south south. The north again kicked after just one term and have taken power back and by all accounts the northwest will retain it again.

So it appears whether power goes to the north or comes to the south, the south east always finds itself sold short and has to settle for the role of supporting other regions to power, in 1993, 1999 to 2007, in 2011 and now for 2019. Supporting every other region but never getting supported for the highest office and when folks complain or want out it becomes a cardinal sin and the east is viewed as divisive and intolerant.

This country simply does not have a conscience. And in its unfortunate state cannot make any meaningful progress this way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
GEJ also didn't stop his kinsmen and wife from openly insulting us in the north; we therefore retaliated with our 'born troway' Almajiri votes.

Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Great2017: 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
erinalex:
Obasanjo didn't lost to nobody.
That is life.
It doesn't necessarily follow,that once you are bad you will reap d result immediately.
One of the reasons, why in 1962, J F Kennedy as d American president said "At some time, Life could be unfair '.
But you said that Obasanjo lost all the South West states in your earlier comment. Why are you now saying he did not ? Is it that you have decided not to mention his name because it is not suitable for your narrative?
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by erinalex: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2018
Great2017:

But you said that Obasanjo lost all the South West states in your earlier comment. Why are you now saying he did not ? Is it that you have decided not to mention his name because it is not suitable for your narrative?
if you can't comprehend simple comment, I won't respond to you again.
I said in 1999 general election, Obasanjo lost in all southern west states; while Olu False won in all southern west states ( Lagos, osun,Oyo,Ogun, ekiti,Ogun) ; if u have any contrary result, pls post and stop disturbing me.
Can't u get it ?
But Obasanjo won in d east and northern parts of d country; his total overall votes was more than olu falae 's vote; hence obj became d president in 1999.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Great2017: 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
erinalex:
if you can't comprehend simple comment, I won't respond to you again.
I said in 1999 general election, Obasanjo lost in all southern west states; while Olu False won in all southern west states ( Lagos, osun,Oyo,Ogun, ekiti,Ogun) ; if u have any contrary result, pls post and stop disturbing me.
Can't u get it ?
But Obasanjo won in d east and northern parts of d country; his total overall votes was more than olu falae 's vote; hence obj became d president in 1999.
So, you will agree with me that the South West has always voted along Tinubu sentiment.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by erinalex: 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
Great2017:

So, you will agree with me that the South West has always voted along Tinubu sentiment.
you must be a kid.
Talking to you is a waste of time.
Who know Tinubu in 1999 ?
In any case, since u chose to be a kid, how come then, in d next general election of 2003, OBJ won in all Western States except in Lagos.
Because you have a very little knowledge, you pple take Tinubu to be God.
Even, the power Tinubu did not have, you will ascribed it to him ignorantly.
The problem with you pple is that, you're always obsessed, once you hear that name Tinubu.
It is you pple that is always sentimental on Tinubu's matter.
Before 1999 election, who was Tinubu? a NADECO man and treasurer at Mobile Oil. How come then, that West, with all our high level intellectual capacity, will now vote sentimentally for him in 1999,when he was even hardly known.
In 2003, when he was emerging as force , his part lost in Osun,Ogun,ekiti,Oyo.
How come,you didn't talk about gej winning in all western state except Lagos in 2011 Was Tinubu dead during that election
It shows that, you love lies than d truth. The home truth is that, u already have a mind-set, full of hatred towards Tinubu; and am not here to change ur impression about Tinubu; once it makes u happe,do continue.
So in conclusion with you,it will amount to stupidity, insults , illiteracy and lack of information and knowledge for anybody to accuse the west of voting because of Tinubu's sentiment.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Great2017: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
erinalex:
you must be a kid.
Talking to you is a waste of time.
Who know Tinubu in 1999 ?
In any case, since u chose to be a kid, how come then, in d next general election of 2003, OBJ won in all Western States except in Lagos.
Because you have a very little knowledge, you pple take Tinubu to be God.
Even, the power Tinubu did not have, you will ascribed it to him ignorantly.
The problem with you pple is that, you're always obsessed, once you hear that name Tinubu.
It is you pple that is always sentimental on Tinubu's matter.
Before 1999 election, who was Tinubu? a NADECO man and treasurer at Mobile Oil. How come then, that West, with all our high level intellectual capacity, will now vote sentimentally for him in 1999,when he was even hardly known.
In 2003, when he was emerging as force , his part lost in Osun,Ogun,ekiti,Oyo.
How come,you didn't talk about gej winning in all western state except Lagos in 2011 Was Tinubu dead during that election
It shows that, you love lies than d truth. The home truth is that, u already have a mind-set, full of hatred towards Tinubu; and am not here to change ur impression about Tinubu; once it makes u happe,do continue.
So in conclusion with you,it will amount to stupidity, insults , illiteracy and lack of information and knowledge for anybody to accuse the west of voting because of Tinubu's sentiment.
Nobody said Tinubu is a God here and stop beating around the bush.
We are talking about the presidential election. Why are you then muddling up things here? Tell me how Obasanjo lost Lagos to Buhari in 2003?
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by erinalex: 5:30am On Nov 24, 2018
Great2017:

Nobody said Tinubu is a God here and stop beating around the bush.
We are talking about the presidential election. Why are you then muddling up things here? Tell me how Obasanjo lost Lagos to Buhari in 2003?
So you knew all along that OBJ won in Lagos in 2003 general election, and all other western States; how come then, you are now spreading the falsehood, that , westerners only vote along Tinubu's Sentiment ? You are a confused person.
Whereas, in 2003 States elections, only Lagos was not captured by PDP in the western States.
Your headache is that, you pple always see Tinubu as your major problem.
Or how come,the amount of time u spend on Tinubu's matters is ×100 of time, u spend to discuss all d politicians put together, from your region.
If western States, take Tinubu to be their leader, how does that becomes your headache. Stop using paracetamol for another man's trouble.
Your region is confusion personified.
You pple really don't know what u want. And its not today, but from the time memorial.
Create time,to discuss your own very pple too and stop carrying western States matters on your head.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by Great2017: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2018
erinalex:
So you knew all along that OBJ won in Lagos in 2003 general election, and all other western States; how come then, you are now spreading the falsehood, that , westerners only vote along Tinubu's Sentiment ? You are a confused person.
Whereas, in 2003 States elections, only Lagos was not captured by PDP in the western States.
Your headache is that, you pple always see Tinubu as your major problem.
Or how come,the amount of time u spend on Tinubu's matters is ×100 of time, u spend to discuss all d politicians put together, from your region.
If western States, take Tinubu to be their leader, how does that becomes your headache. Stop using paracetamol for another man's trouble.
Your region is confusion personified.
You pple really don't know what u want. And its not today, but from the time memorial.
Create time,to discuss your own very pple too and stop carrying western States matters on your head.

I am too refined to use uncouth language. I can never descend this low.
Not until we begin to see ourselves as Nigerians first before our ethnicity, we as a people will never move forward. The other Southern regions are ready for this except the South West.
Your region knows what she wants, yet, your son who is a professor is an errand boy to a certificate less retard.
Re: No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF by erinalex: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2018
Great2017:

I am too refined to use uncouth language. I can never descend this low.
Not until we begin to see ourselves as Nigerians first before our ethnicity, we as a people will never move forward. The other Southern regions are ready for this except the South West.
Your region knows what she wants, yet, your son who is a professor is an errand boy to a certificate less retard.
this is the last time I will respond to you.
I said it before,and I will say it again; your region is in a confused state,along with its pple; or when did "slowpoke" becomes a compliment, for a guy that claimed he can't descend so low,to use uncouth language, u are not only confused but also suffered troubled mind.
To you, calling a professor of law, an errand boy is not uncouthness.
When gej was VP to yar'dua, he was not an errand boy, same to Atiku, Gambo. And you pple are celebrating peter obi now, to become what? Another errand boy ?
It is only a polluted mind filled with bitterness and hatred that will come to conclusion that a retired army general had No certificate.
I said another name for your region is Confusion.
"South is ready, West is not", I laugh in Greek. You are ready,yet many of your sons are holding key positions in d present administration. Number 4 man in d country is your son and u are ready ? Do u think, this was d way other nations achieved their dreams ? You are a thief, you want to eat your cake and still have it.
Ready my foot.
Direction less pple, few months ago, their songs was " Yorubas are slaves to hausa-fulani, how can Yoruba be supporting Fulani Hausa ".
Now it is atiku late, and if i may ask,Atiku is from where ? Can you see what your tribe has turned themselves to; they always go back to their vomit.
Mind u,u are free to support anybody u like; but when others are supporting whoever they like; u don't put u tongue out to castigate them; it is a free world.
Your major problem is that, whenever any body have a contrary views to ur opinions, u immediately see that fellow as a traitor and enemy. Learn to respect other peoples ideas too, it doesn't mean that, they have betrayed you.
I know it will be extremely difficult for you to agree with me, I can't force it on you; pls believe and do what ever will make you happy.
Enjoy ur weekend and bye bye FOREVER, I have more important things to attend to, it has been a pleasure talking with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nkechi Ikpeazu To Offset Medical Bill Of Abused 10-year-old Girl / Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment / Dogara Receives His National ID Card Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.