Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) (61131 Views)

Cost Estimate For Building A 4bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (detailed Info) / Cost, Estimate For Building A 4bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (detailed Info) / Detailed Description Of The Contents Of Boq/building Cost Estimate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by chemgee: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
sad
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by azpekuliar: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
Well, I don’t like bungalows. grin
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by gurunlocker: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
This is 2021 and this is no longer valid under Buhari's Nigeria. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by obonujoker(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
Price of cement is now 3,500
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by GreenArrow1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
gurunlocker:
This is 2021 and this is no longer valid under Buhari's Nigeria. grin grin

Exactly. Very invalid!

1 Like

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2021
[quote author=AsomArchitectNG post=73194426]Conclusion
From the three cases, we can estimate a total of ₦8 million will go a long way in erecting a decent 3 bedroom bungalow if well managed. This is exclusive of furniture and exquisite finishing. Factoring in land cost of ₦2 million, this brings the total to ₦10 million.
Does this mean you must have ₦10 million before building your house? Absolutely not. Building a house doesn’t have to be a sprint. The most important thing is starting and gradually building up. In one of the cases sampled, the owner started building with ₦500,000 about a year after buying the land. Start that project today and you could be a proud house owner before you know it.

Kindly, note that these figures are not cast in stone but are to serve as a guide of what to expect. With careful planning, it is possible to spend a 7th of the total given.

I hope you found this piece of information useful. And don't forget to ask your questions using the comment box below.

Cc lalasticlala
Many thanks

2 Likes

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by benuejosh: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:
Conclusion
From the three cases, we can estimate a total of ₦8 million will go a long way in erecting a decent 3 bedroom bungalow if well managed. This is exclusive of furniture and exquisite finishing. Factoring in land cost of ₦2 million, this brings the total to ₦10 million.
Does this mean you must have ₦10 million before building your house? Absolutely not. Building a house doesn’t have to be a sprint. The most important thing is starting and gradually building up. In one of the cases sampled, the owner started building with ₦500,000 about a year after buying the land. Start that project today and you could be a proud house owner before you know it.

Kindly, note that these figures are not cast in stone but are to serve as a guide of what to expect. With careful planning, it is possible to spend a 7th of the total given.

I hope you found this piece of information useful. And don't forget to ask your questions using the comment box below.

Cc lalasticlala
Mr Asom I guess this is for Benue State
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by GreenArrow1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
Olayetan:

I still want to believe with 4m, someone can erect 3bedroom on half plot of land,

It all boils down to your taste and how you want the house to be designed...

4m will build ordinary 3bedroom with less attractive design.

Would be barely finished though. And that's if you are carrying out the building without professional help.
Finishing also would be minimal.
Use Skillion roof instead of heaped roof to save cost of roofing.
Buy door and Windows from panteker (second hand market).c
And this is assuming that you already purchased the land with other funds.

Still, a very minimalist house, most likely unfinished but livable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by saydfact(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
2018 - 2021

The prices of materials has increased like x4 to x10.

some of the information would still be valid thou, like quantities why prices has changed.....

great work

3 Likes

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by talk2maurice(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
Aufbauh:
Op you should have use a sample of design layout to make your assumed analysis.

7,000 blocks for three bedroom bungalow even with soakaway is very incorrect.

I'd think there should be a regulation in the platform to guide information on issue that bothers on technicality and professionalism.

Most of the information you guys put out are misleading.

Why not you give your own than to condemn other people's own.

5 Likes

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Rastaramsey(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
This one just dey enter fp
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by ojasweb(m): 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
The estimate for the current market reality is different.
I am 90% done with my ongoing project and i have exceeded 13M.

You can see the progress here https://www.nairaland.com/6744668/construction-3-bedroom-bungalow-badagry

2 Likes

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by seyz91(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
You said my mind

Almost every of his analysis is wrong here
Unless ofcourse he don add the contractor gains which is too much sef

cheesy
Aufbauh:
Op you should have use a sample of design layout to make your assumed analysis.

7,000 blocks for three bedroom bungalow even with soakaway is very incorrect.

I'd think there should be a regulation in the platform to guide information on issue that bothers on technicality and professionalism.

Most of the information you guys put out are misleading.
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by MeghaneMorgane(f): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
My friend in Oyo state has spent over 18m do far. She said with the way she is looking at it, the final cost will be 25m. The reason why it’s that expensive is because of cost of building materials

4 Likes

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Adronhomestaff: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Okika123(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
The price of all this has increased drastically
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by aniblue(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
This will go along way ....
Thanks for the info
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by philiancoop(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2021
These are old prices from 2018
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by AloneTK: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2021
While I believe that the figures quoted are way below what is obtainable presently, the crucial thing is knowing what you want and what you can afford based on your finances.

The reality is that you may have to spend more than that to get the house completed, but I'd say "Start from somewhere, no matter how small"

1 Like

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Nigerfine3: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
This thread needs to be closed and new one made to reflect the reality of today
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by princejones(m): 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
Following

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by zeenaman: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
I like this thread already
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by ojasweb(m): 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
AloneTK:
While I believe that the figures quoted are way below what is obtainable presently, the crucial thing is knowing what you want and what you can afford based on your finances.

The reality is that you may have to spend more than that to get the house completed, but I'd say "Start from somewhere, no matter how small"

Not "MAY". The reality is that you will spend more, unless it's not a standard construction.

3 weeks ago i went to buy white cement. I bought the first bag at 6000 Naira. A week later the price jump to 10,000 Naira.

In 2018 when i was working on a project, i bought 12mm iron at the rate of 2100 Naira. Now it's between 4300 - 4700.

When i started my ongoing project this time last year, i bought a bag of cement at the rate of 2600 Naira. Today am buying it at the rate of 3,700 Naira.

So, the reality is quite different.

4 Likes

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by amuwo1980: 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
Can some one give us an updated version
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by djfreegospel(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
Good day! Am a real estate agent. Where exactly do you to buy land?
AsomArchitectNG:
You’ve come a long way as a tenant and it’s time to build your house. You’ve started searching for designs, calculating how much you need for the project. Look no further, this post is for you.
I will try as much as possible to demystify the cost of building a house in Nigeria.

A list of price of building materials will also be added. This is to help in cost estimates particularly since tastes are different.

However to help us in arriving at a good estimate, i will be taking case studies of a three bedroom apartment built in three locations which includes: Nasarawa, Lagos and Kwara. The building process will be broken into stages and the amount spent will be included.

For those intending to build sit back and relax while i totally Unfold the cost of building a three bedroom apartment here in Nigeria.

You can also contact us if you want your building project done for you from planning stage to completion stage, Or rather you need advice on how to go about your building project.

You can also ask questions in areas not cleared about. Thanks

But first, let us see what is involved when getting a land in Nigeria.
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Topleague(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
good estimation and nice write up
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by BIGGIE121(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nice one
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Psoul(m): 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:
You’ve come a long way as a tenant and it’s time to build your house. You’ve started searching for designs, calculating how much you need for the project. Look no further, this post is for you.
I will try as much as possible to demystify the cost of building a house in Nigeria.

A list of price of building materials will also be added. This is to help in cost estimates particularly since tastes are different.

However to help us in arriving at a good estimate, i will be taking case studies of a three bedroom apartment built in three locations which includes: Nasarawa, Lagos and Kwara. The building process will be broken into stages and the amount spent will be included.

For those intending to build sit back and relax while i totally Unfold the cost of building a three bedroom apartment here in Nigeria.

You can also contact us if you want your building project done for you from planning stage to completion stage, Or rather you need advice on how to go about your building project.

Where is ur location and how can one contact you?
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by anyilalaz: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:

How the hell did someone moved this to front page? For Pete sake, we are in 2021 not 2018. Time and cost have overtaken the whole issue.

1 Like

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Perfecttouchade: 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
Let's be your plug for aluminium windows and other aluminium works, we @perfecf touch aluminium, we offer u lovely and well fabricated aluminium designs..our works are there for your views.. thanks

Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
I epe Lagos, a land in a decent area is N2.5million, building can cost from N8MILLION to 15million depending on taste and finishing.
Re: Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) by Oyinlomobambam(m): 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
Please update the latest price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Native Doctor Places Juju On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.