Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) (54827 Views)

Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / See The Aerial Views Of Yaba And Its Environs - Photos / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by waxyung(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2018
See sexy holdup.. Chai....
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by RexTramadol1: 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
See racism

Who tell dem say white pointers and orange pointers should stay on diff lanes?
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by bujebudanu1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2018
omoregea:

have you lived in lagos for on month? Lagos dont have this Hi-way but i have been in trafic from island going to mainland for 6 hrs

Well.
I lived in aburo .iyana ipaja
Festac.5th av. P and z close.
VGC. Dem never do the road that time.u can just divert and enter the gate when u coming from lekki. Not the new road that u have to go turn from ajah before u enter.

So u see.im not new to lagos.i left lag 6years ago

No hold up wey I never face there
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by bujebudanu1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
bid4rich:
That one na traffic?

What about this?

grin grin

Na market be this na.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by condralbedez: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
Jeffy1206:
he said he hasn't seen hold up in Abuja for 20-30mins which is correct.. undecided
dts what am saying still,cos lagos hold up,can last 3 to 4hrs .mile 2 to badagry,berger to obelende,cms to ikate to ajah,nobi here on weekly days.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by TEDHorsePower: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
Oyibo too much abeg, even in the midst of traffic they are still very well behaved and orderly on the road.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by kerry57: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
To live and die in L. A according to 2pac.

3 Likes

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Coldfeets: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
How come?

Why red on one side and white on the other side?

1 Like

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by PeaceTeam: 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
That hold-up pic is something every Lagos fan or Lagosian has experienced since circa 1990.

Until you mentioned Abuja which is nowhere near Lagos congestion.

The Mile 2, Amuwo Odofin, 3rd Mainland Bridge and Lagos-Ibadan Expressway till Berger and thru Mowe-Ibafo, Ikorodu Road... check out Sango before IYana ipaja and Abule Egba Flyivers... Apapart

I won't go to A papa for up to 8years now
Lagos get this tin well well
bujebudanu1:

Yea.true.
Most hold ups here are within short distance.
The major area for hold up is the redemption camp area.
I don't know if people still experience it

In Abuja here.i haven't seen hold up where you get stuck for 20 to 30mins
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by 1forall: 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
Four elementary driving lessons to grab from the images are:

1. Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.
2. Observe lane discipline.

It is difficult to observe from those images but those drivers ideally would have:

3. Dimmed their headlamps (in slow moving traffic at night) so they do not impair the vision of the driver in front with its reflection in his rearview mirror.

4. Used their handbrakes instead of keeping their feet on the brake pedal for similar reason above but this time for the driver at the rear.

And these things are rather simple to do but our unlawful and reckless driving habits in Nigeria have sadly; just like many other of our compound problems, grown to become a part of our culture. It is right before our eyes every day.

I'd be happy to help our Nigerian governments initiate and establish a change of driving culture if they have the vision AND will; including political will, to implement something of that sort.

We do have a loong way to go though, but somebody in authority really needs to do something about the way we drive in Nigeria. Not helped by the state of those satanic traps we call roads where lives are being damaged and lost needlessly day in and out cry

1 Like

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by DammyGbade(m): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2018
Na go slow now, no be hold up. grin
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Elliot2(m): 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
See as eariel view cute, even traffic go dey hungry one to enter.the usa must have been made by a different God
and after seeing these great organisation and orderliness,one black man somewhere in africa,precisely nigeria,who does not follow simple traffic rules or any rules that seek to provide sanity,expects to share the same heaven or hell with them simply because they share same religion. I laff.

3 Likes

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Soso990240(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
bujebudanu1:

Yea.true.

That's you. In Lagos, I have been stuck for more than 2 hours along Apapa oshodi express, or Apapa Boundary road.. so, don't say for others, speak for urself
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Soso990240(m): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
omoregea:

have you lived in lagos for on month? Lagos dont have this Hi-way but i have been in trafic from island going to mainland for 6 hrs
No mind d guy, saying what he doesn't know.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Kalashnikov102(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2018
Who else noticed say all their headlamps and back lights dey on? If na my country you go see those with one headlamp. Those with none

Father wee are still on this earth like dem. Mk us grow!!!! 2
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Elliot2(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2018
My igbo traffic gala sellers be looking at dis pishures and be wishing they could develop los angeles with gala: "ina mehn. ego wasting, development wasting".

2 Likes

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by MarianaTrench: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
All the cars are in their respective lanes despite the severity of the traffic
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by StevenOba: 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
At least when you reach house light must they.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
That is not an actual footage...all the cars can't be red on one side
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Mosco100(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
lonelydora:
The congestion is orderly sef.

The whites are headlamps and the Reds are brake lights
Scatter it, to know if a helicopter won't pick away your car from there immediately.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Mosco100(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2018
Scandium:
Very organized set of fellows, so impressive. But if na our naija... hmmmm
Do you know that "...change begins with me..."?
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Ugosample(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
MrGoogle88:

They made their money by selling Africans a white Jesus in exchange for our wealth of resources.

Africans were and still are weak

the weak get exploited, that is the way of the world.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by sharpchap: 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
bujebudanu1:

Yea.true.

U never see mararaba nyanya hold up in all its glory. 4km of bumper to bumper.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Shaev7(m): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
No bumper to bumper. All lanes are properly maintained.
I prefer to be in this traffic jam for 7days than to be in Lagos traffic for 1 hour.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Nwanna2588: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2018
I cannot forget that day I stayed for three and half hours from Lekki phase one to Mile 12. It was a night I remembered the day it took us four and half hours to shuttle Onitsha and Lagos.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Lovexme(m): 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
This is what I'd call organised chaos.
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Xzydar(m): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
It looks beautiful unlike the 1 in Nigheria

Sure say Nigerian neva start to de full for inside dis Los Angeles sef

1 Like

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Xzydar(m): 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
RexTramadol1:
See racism

Who tell dem say white pointers and orange pointers should stay on diff lanes?

Use dis and go and contest for President, u will win
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Mailthaddeus(m): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
Nobodys:
Lolz, my thoughts exactly.... The sight is beautiful..if Na naija now... * make I not talk*.

Lol! I can comfortably call it a ,"Sexy traffic" view. Hv u seen Lagos Ariel view when congested? Take a look.

This is before the tankers started blocking roads

1 Like

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
L.A is a busy state.

1 Like

Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
Hennyola:
Come and try this aerial view for Ibadan and see how organised they are
Hahahahahahaha
Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
It's normally not this bad, it's just because of Thanksgiving holiday. Everyone is on the road, it's even worse in new york right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.