Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police (1699 Views)

Sick Abraham Okodugha: 'Redeemed Church Kicked Me Out' / Senior Pastor Apprehended By The Police For Making "Too Much Noise" During Night / Abraham Didn't Pay Tithe From The Spoils Of The War To Melchizedec. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by johnydon22(m): 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
Scrolling through the frontpage of nairaland i stumbled upon a story;

Man killed his daughter as a sacrifice to God https://www.nairaland.com/4860359/photos-man-killed-baby-sacrifice

I wondered where i have heard this story before. Oh yes, the father of faith Abraham attempted to murder his son on this same note.

Anyone who reads the man's story above would be abhorred at the horror of conceiving such a thought but ironically would praise Abraham on his virtue as a man of faith.

- wasn't this man just as much virtuous and pious as Abraham?

- Wasn't Abraham guilty of similar abhorrence?

On what ground can a christian chastise the man above and excuse Abraham?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by Emusan(m): 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2018
johnydon22:
Scrolling through the frontpage of nairaland i stumbled upon a story;

Man killed his daughter as a sacrifice to God https://www.nairaland.com/4860359/photos-man-killed-baby-sacrifice

I wondered where i have heard this story before. Oh yes, the father of faith Abraham attempted to murder his son on this same note.

Anyone who reads the man's story above would be abhorred at the horror of conceiving such a thought but ironically would praise Abraham on his virtue as a man of faith.

- wasn't this man just as much virtuous and pious as Abraham?

- Wasn't Abraham guilty of similar abhorrence?

On what ground can a christian chastise the man above and excuse Abraham?

Atheist delusion!

But did Abraham eventually kill his son?

"The thought I have for you is the thought of good and not evil to give you an expected end" look for it in your Bible

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by johnydon22(m): 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
Emusan:

Atheist delusion!

"The thought I have for you is the thought of good and not evil to give you an expected end" look for it in your Bible

Intent is the key.

He intended to. The only difference here is; God didn't stop our Nigerian Abraham

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by hahn(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
Emusan:

Atheist delusion!

Isaiah 45:7 KJV I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

5 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by CAPSLOCKED: 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
THIS MAN SHOULD BE RELEASED FROM POLICE CUSTODY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. BECAUSE JUST LIKE FATHER ABRAHAM, SOMEONE WHO CONSIDERS KILLING HIS CHILD BECAUSE A CERTAIN VOICE TELLS HIM TO DO SO IS SOMEONE THE WHOLE WORLD SHOULD ADMIRE AND FOLLOW.

10 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by tintingz(m): 11:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by UncleSnr(m): 6:43am On Nov 23, 2018
See all of them, HEATHENS!, you are all going to hell.
Believe in God, come to heaven and enjoy.

---

PS: Don't ask me which of the God's.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by hahn(m): 9:10am On Nov 23, 2018
UncleSnr:

---

Which of the gods? tongue
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by johnydon22(m): 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2018
UncleSnr:

---

Father Abraham grin grin
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by johnydon22(m): 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2018
hahn:

Which of the gods? tongue
begone troll undecided undecided
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
At this point in the evolution of knowledge, you atheists are just criminals.

If you fail to see the symbolism but continue to make jest and mockery of what should be understood symbolically, you are just nothing but a criminal.
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2018
UncleSnr:

---

Which hell, the one you are in already?
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by LordReed(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

If you fail to see the symbolism but continue to make jest and mockery of what should be understood symbolically, you are just nothing but a criminal.

Symbol of what? Insanity?
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by Dantedasz(m): 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
Any human including Mr Abraham,who hear voices(a voice) in his head,telling him to kill his son (or any human being for that matter) deserves to be committed to an asylum.
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by UncleSnr(m): 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

Which hell, the one you are in already?
Wait!
Is this the Mr-Failed-Prediction-President-1?
Hahn kindly tell me something.
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by hahn(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
UncleSnr:
Wait!

That guy no get shame at all I swear cheesy grin
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by UncleSnr(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2018
hahn:

That guy no get shame at all I swear cheesy grin
I don see am. A man with honor would have deactivated his account.
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by hahn(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
UncleSnr:

I swear MrPresident1 is the president of the Shameless Delusional Christians Association of the Universe cheesy grin
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 2:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
LordReed:

Symbol of what? Insanity?

Yes, your insanity.
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
UncleSnr:
Wait!

Dey look o, e go do you like film when you see Jesus on Christmas day grin grin
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by LordReed(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

Yes, your insanity.

LMFAO! If I ever go about making fake prophecies, you can call me insane but since that description is more like you, I will take it to mean you are insane. LMFAO!
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2018
UncleSnr:

You are like one of those mumu motivational speakers that will be talking nonsense upandan...Thomas Edison failed 999 times but on the 1,000th trial, he got the successful light bulb filament.

Unlike Edison, none of my dates failed. I got it right 100% all the time grin grin
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
hahn:

I swear MrPresident1 is the president of the Shameless Delusional Christians Association of the Universe cheesy grin

Hahn olodo. Where is SirWere your bellicose, belligerent and ever truculent brother-in-criminology?
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by Martinez19(m): 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

You are like one of those mumu motivational speakers that will be talking nonsense upandan...Thomas Edison failed 999 times but on the 1,000th trial, he got the successful light bulb filament.

Unlike Edison, none of my dates failed. I got it right 100% all the time grin grin
SMH

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by hahn(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

Hahn olodo. Where is SirWere your bellicose, belligerent and ever truculent brother-in-criminology?

Where is Jesus Christ and your record of failed end time prophecies? undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by UncleSnr(m): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

Which prophecy? Give me the links.

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by johnydon22(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

So, failure to see the symbolism in otherwise a supposedly "historical record" of a culture, people and religion is tantamount to criminality.

Well, that's just lazy writing cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2018
johnydon22:

So, failure to see the symbolism in otherwise a supposedly "historical record" of a culture, people and religion is tantamount to criminality.

Well, that's just lazy writing cheesy

It is equal to criminality. Its younger brother is called intellectual dishonesty.

The spirituality of a people is their highest point of mental evolution or civilization. When you willfully and deliberately pooh-pooh the spirituality of a people (especially when you understand nothing of the underpinning knowledge), you demean that people and compare them to animals.

Anyone who does this, with glee and disdain, is nothing but a criminal.

You don't agree?
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2018
UncleSnr:
Which prophecy? Give me the links.

https://www.nairaland.com/3504125/jesus-coming-soon-thread-faithful

Read this thread. Start from the first page. You will surely understand.

Be diligent and save your soul grin grin
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2018
hahn:

Where is Jesus Christ and your record of failed end time prophecies? undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/3504125/jesus-coming-soon-thread-faithful

The prophecies in this thread are very fresh. Hahn, read, read the whole thread, and see your IQ rise from the dead cheesy wink
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by MrPresident1: 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
Martinez19:
SMH

My brother Martinez19, why are you crying?

A problem shared is half solved sad
Re: A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police by johnydon22(m): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

It is equal to criminality. Its younger brother is called intellectual dishonesty.

The spirituality of a people is their highest point of mental evolution or civilization. When you willfully and deliberately pooh-pooh the spirituality of a people (especially when you understand nothing of the underpinning knowledge), you demean that people and compare them to animals.

Anyone who does this, with glee and disdain, is nothing but a criminal.

You don't agree?

Let's play your little game.

Define Criminal?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interpretation Of Exodus 20:5-6, 'thou Shall Not Bow Down Unto Any Othe God' / Elucidating The Symbols Used In Daniel & Revelation / Jesus Appeared To Them And They Converted From Islam To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.