Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,314 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? (4248 Views)

What You Must Know About Roadside Food Joints / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Best Fast-food Joints In Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Kennyblues(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2010
Not all of the fast food joints in Lagos have bad restrooms but a good number of them do. I choose not to mention them here because this piece is not to ‘name and shame’. It is my musing as I explore the city in doses.

These joints have fine names and even nice structures but very very bad restrooms. There is one of the fast food joints in Ogba that is particularly notorious for this. Most of the time, the joint is teeming with a huge crowd. One will think that a fast food joint with such a crowd will know the essence of having well kept rest rooms and in abundance too but they obviously do not know or do not care.

It is bad enough that there is only one rest room for both male and female customers, it is worse that the place is never well kept. God and His Angels help you if your seat is near the toilet. You will be filled up with gas oozing out of the rest room. I have complained several times but the manager just doesn’t seem to care.

Not only in Ogba but other outlets I have visited too. It’s either the air freshener makes you want to throw up, the tap is broken or the WC just won’t flush. Many times, they leave all sorts of peoples’ crap in the toilet and it swells up. It is a terrible sight for anyone. Some of them do not leave tissue papers in the place. Their attitude to having a good restroom is a nonchalant one.

One thing they ought to know is this: anybody selling food should understand how nature works. If you provide a place where people can take in food, then a place where they can pour it out is the next most sensible thing to do.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by aieromon(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2010
Kennyblues,the toilet man tongue
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Kennyblues(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2010
whatever man!
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by sayso: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2010
name them so that the Health Ministry will act.

1 Like

Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by snowdrops(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2010
sayso:

name them so that the Health Ministry will act.
I agree. they need naming and shaming. maybe we should send spies around and form a league table of the smelliest and shabbiest of them all.

seriously its sad that nigerian restuarants dont uphold health and safety. common illnesses and infections can be prevented if not only the dining areas are clean but also the restroom.
restaurants are quite notorious. hotels seem to fair better.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Kennyblues(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2010
I do not need to name names as we all have, at one time or the other, visited these fast food joints
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Ben13: 11:48am On Jul 27, 2010
Poster, Why did you copy my note? shocked
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Acidosis(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2010
Hasty generalisation, I guess
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by marketplace(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2010
Government should take a serious step and sanction those with bad restrooms. Let us improve on our maintenance culture in this country.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by snowdrops(m): 11:51am On Jul 27, 2010
Ben-10:

Poster, Why did you copy my note? shocked

copy your note? how?
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by hackney(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
The topic should have read fast food joints in nigeria.

Im sure fast food joints in ghana have clean toilets.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by patrick45(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2010
I will definitely take pictures over the weekend. KFC has noy joined the league of extradirty restrooms yet. Pictures coming soon.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2010
Finicky near kilobustop !!! horrible mess!!
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by tyson55(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2010
Guys, this posting could'nt have come at a better time. i will be coming to nigeria very soon, i have been a away for a while. I am the kind of person that patronise fast food a lot, so Please advise which fast food is the best in Lagos metropolise
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2010
I took my Nephew to Drumsticks in Maitama Ammusement park, he wanted to use the toilet, I took him in, but me when i saw the horrible state of the toilet, Poo poo everywhere, blood, i told the boy to ease himself on his body i will wash it myself, worse was that we had ordered our food but had not eaten yet, I lost my appetite that whole day
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by holotee(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
Do u always go to the restrooms in fast food joints ?
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Ben13: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
snowdrops:

copy your note? how?
The poster knows what I'm talking 'bout. tongue
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by tyson55(m): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2010
Guys, this posting could'nt have come at a better time. i will be coming to nigeria very soon, i have been a away for a while. I am the kind of person that patronise fast food a lot, so Please advise which fast food is the best in Lagos metropolise
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Fhemmmy: 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
Cos the standard in Nigeria for such is bad, and govt are not enforcing it.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
Nobody really cares, what are the necessary agencies doing?
I believe 90% of fast food joints in this country have crappy loo.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Fhemmmy: 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

Nobody really cares, what are the necessary agencies doing?
I believe 90% of fast food joints in this country have crappy loo.

Some dont even have.
Some and located near a bad washrooms and that is why people have to fight flies while eating . . . . . cry
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Travelista(f): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2010
Ewww! You guys use public toilets? See brave people! Abeg, name and shame these nasty locations; if their bathrooms are filthy, what makes me think the kitchen won't be the same?

1 Like

Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by EloSela(f): 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2010
Please name and shame.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by AKO1(m): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2010
And upload pictures
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by hauler: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2010
Travelista:

Ewww! You guys use public toilets? See brave people! Abeg, name and shame these nasty locations; if their bathrooms are filthy, what makes me think the kitchen won't be the same?

You never have anything tangible to contribute, all you do is talk crap and criticize the country.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2010
i can tell you -

more than a few eateries are little more than mama puts once you go to the back
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Ahmadex(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2010
I think what they are trying to say is that they are establish to sell food, so anybody who want to do real business must go to the public Toilet grin cheesy
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
the bathroom (for me) would reflect how clean the place is. who knows how they're handling your food in the kitchen area?  embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
does Nigeria have inspectors that make sure you're restaurant is up to standard? that kind of stuff?
and @topic
I'm really not surprised. can you believe when i was in Port Harcourt INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (in '05) the toilets were disgusting!!!!!
some partially worked, no toilet paper, pee all over the seat, the bathroom smelled.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
it was my first time landing in Nigeria and I couldn't believe an "INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT!" had restrooms like that.
it was a shock for real.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by jokingmary(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2010
What in the name of holy cow did you go to do in this fast food joint toilets?
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by tpiah: 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2010
jokingmary:

What in the name of holy cow did you go to do in this fast food joint toilets?

thank you.

@ the ones threatening to take pictures:

have you nothing better to do with your time?

unless someone has jedijedi, why are you using a public toilet in those places? and direct your complaint to the owners plz! Who btw arent likely to be on nl!
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by baby4u2(f): 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
aisha2:

I took my Nephew to Drumsticks in Maitama Ammusement park, he wanted to use the toilet, I took him in, but me when i saw the horrible state of the toilet, Poo poo everywhere, blood, i told the boy to ease himself on his body i will wash it myself, worse was that we had ordered our food but had not eaten yet, I lost my appetite that whole day

grin just too funny. Almost burst out laughing in the library. Please take pics abeg guys.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by buzugee(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2010
nigerians are full of 'shyttt'  grin gerrit ? hence the shytttt filled toilets. gerrit ? ahhhhh fuggedaboudid

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Policemen Get 2 Years In Jail For Jumping At ‘free Food’ / I Slaughtered Live Chicken For The First Time In My Life!!!!!!!! / Varieties Of Senegalese Wollof Rice (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.