Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? (4255 Views)

What You Must Know About Roadside Food Joints / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Best Fast-food Joints In Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by suedoh2006(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2010
Na wah for Niger people self ooooooooooooo. Instead make una blame the corrupt politician, una dey use style dey blame the common man wey dey find ways to survive. Na today una know say some Niger toilet bad?
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by luka1981(m): 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2010
Nigeria is 100% useless and miserable. just imagine, the last topic was about the dirtiness of universities in Nigeria,
now, restaurant.

many of Nigerian restaurants do not have toillets at all, simple because no govt. to enforce or inspect them. so every body now follow the most profitable behaviour and culture. if it continues in this manner, in 2020 human excretion will be used to plaster our roads and environment.
shame to you Nigeria, i am seriously searching for a new citizenship
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by buzugee(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2010
i remember when i was in boarding school in nigeria. the toilets always used to be full of shytttt. some of the poop had been there for so long that it had caked up, and then guys will ignore the toilets and start pooping in the bathroom. so that when you wake up in the morning to go have a bath, you will jam lots of heavy poop in the bathroom. i am glad i escaped from that mess. nigeria is a country full of erankos  grin
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by calabaman(m): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
I agree wiv u poster. Last wk friday at alaba i entered dis popular eatery to grab a bite and on my way out entered their restroom to ease myself, gosh i almost threwup cos of the state of da place. Somethin drastic needs to be done ASAP about this disgusting trend. .
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Fhemmmy: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2010
calabaman:

I agree wiv u poster. Last wk friday at alaba i entered dis popular eatery to grab a bite and on my way out entered their restroom to ease myself, gosh i almost threwup cos of the state of da place. Somethin drastic needs to be done ASAP about this disgusting trend. .

I wonder who will do something about, if people see a place like that and yet still decide to patronize such places.
If people refuse to eat there and they know why they losing business, they will fix it
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by ajelerojnr: 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2010
Not really, but the problem is that Nigerians are duty. When most Nigerians use th toilet they don't flush.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by eros(m): 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2010
Tantalizers in Okota, Isolo is guilty of this and some other Tantalizers outlets in Lagos and Ibadan. The odour from the restroom while approaching it can chock one to death. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
ajelerojnr:

Not really, but the problem is that Nigerians are duty. When most Nigerians use th toilet they don't flush.

Then, that is serious and such people shd be made to use their hands to wash the washroom
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2010
eros:

Tantalizers in Okota, Isolo is guilty of this and some other Tantalizers outlets in Lagos and Ibadan. The odour from the restroom while approaching it can chock one to death. angry angry angry angry angry

If there are ways to take some pix, and let us create a site to display them, we will be able to change all that
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by mamagee3(f): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2010
It's not every fast food that has bad toilets.

But ones in Nigeria have got ridiculously dirty and nasty restrooms.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Exposedme: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^ And then, because u're staying in low income house in US, now u forgot when u're serving in that restrooms?
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by buzugee(m): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2010
edit grin
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Fhemmmy: 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2010
buzugee:

serving in a restrooms ? you illiterate non-legible mahfukaz. how the hell does someone serve in a restroom(s) ?    and who said i was in the US ? you be winch ni ?  grin grin

R u sure, he was referring to you?
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by buzugee(m): 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2010
Fhemmmy:

100 percent sure grin
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by buzugee(m): 8:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
Fhemmmy:

oh maybe he was referring to mama gee lol. let me quickly edit before he reads it grin
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by DisGuy: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2010
original article from the punch

http://www.punchng.com/blog_read.aspx?read=214
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by shotster50(m): 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2010
The guilty fast food joints should be named and shamed period.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by calabaman(m): 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2010
@Fhemmy: i agree with u man, it was a tantalizers outlet i entered. We need to do something to draw the attention of the "i dont send" authorities to this establishment. . .
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2010
If to name then i will name the one i visited this last December.

The MR BIGGS beside MAMA CASS at Ilupeju,it wasn`t just dirty but the water wasn`t running also.

The entrance to the female rest room was locked, i guess that is meant for the Staffs.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by tpiah: 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2010
from the article/blog wey all of una dey carry for head:

[size=14pt] Not all of the fast food joints in Lagos have bad restrooms [/size] but a good number of them do

I choose not to mention them here because[size=14pt] this piece is not to ‘name and shame’[/size]

overly excitable people, not so?
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by oseiwe(m): 2:48am On Jul 28, 2010
Fantasia in warri has d bestest toilet I have seen rite naw.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Rmc1(m): 3:29am On Jul 28, 2010
@ topic
Its terrible ohh hmm, no be small thing, these fast food restaurants no even send when it comes to their toilets the other day i went to one of the eatries in lagos, and was badly pressed and had to use the toilets could you all belive that the same speed that i used in entering the toilet, was the same speed i used in running out of it.  grin grin The toilet was full to the brimm with poo i guess no water to flush tufiakwa !!! shocked shocked

Meennn you need to visit some fast food joints like mcdonalds and burger king in europe the toilets are so fresh & clean (you fit chop poundy and egusi 4there) grin with a stand by cleaner that cleans the toilet every 2 hours and an inhouse inspector that inspects,sign and certify that its clean.GOVT and ministry of health need to look into this matter seriously and close any fast food joint that refuse to provide clean and hygenic toilets simple!!!

1 Like

Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by tpiah: 3:35am On Jul 28, 2010
if you have a toilet cleaning business just say so.

sheesh.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Rmc1(m): 3:44am On Jul 28, 2010
^^
wetin dis one dey yarn self ?
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Ranoscky(m): 5:51am On Jul 28, 2010
for doz of u saying "y should som1 go to an eatry restroom?" being a fast food joint doesn't mean 1 should not go dia restroom. (and mind u, not all eatry toilet r messed up, dependin on d area!) d problem is, some eatry doesn't care about oda pipu's health, all dey care abt is for u to com in, eat n go. even if u complain to d management abt d toilet, dey'll tell u dat, later dey'll fix it up, buh, when next u visit dia again, u'll stil jam d same mess u saw lastime. my point is, if u visit any eatey for d 1st time n findout dat dia restroom is so dirty n messed up, all u gat to do is quit goin dia anymore! Then, if d management of d eatry notice dat dia sells rate is reducing, den dey'll sit each other down, find out d problem n solve it 1's n for all. finito!!!

som of una wey dey abroad dey complain for naija eatry toilet, una don forget wen una dey use hand n water dey wash una nyash if una shyt finish abi? undecided now, una don dey claim oyibo/aje butter! som peeps no dey even use d word "SOME" restroom, na NIGERIAN eatry restroom. lyk say na everywhere for naija dem don go! @Exposedme, i dey feel u jare!!!
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by HOTandCOLD(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2010
I can't believe what i read from someone. The person suggested ignoring the toilet situation because you don't have to use it. NOT TRUE. If the toilet is dirty then you might as well be playing russian roulette with your life. What if the cook or chef just finished using the dirty toilet and maybe didn't even bother flushing. Most of the time, i check the toilet and if its dirty, i'm out.

1 Like

Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by DisGuy: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2010
What does it really take to employ a cleaner for their restroom??

the LAGOS State government is all noise not action!!!
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by sley4life(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
some of them don't even have restroom. I have gone to a fast food that has pit toilet. Na grass u go ezz urself
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by dejgan: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2010
I wonder why many Nigerians will continue living like this.

These fast food joints are even worse during festive periods and special days like valentine.

Just go ahead and name the eateries, I think i will start by saying name and location. Tantalizers Ogba, Allen Avenue, Tastee fried Chicken Ogba, Tastee Fried Chicken Opebi, I think Mr Biggs is doing a lot to control their oulets but the franchice is too expensive making the operators cut cost and standards.

Please name the others.

I heard it is the duty of the Local Govt council to regulate them as they are not under the control of any federal or state agency but I know Lagos state govt can wade into the matter afterall they are using them to collect VAT and consumption taxes.
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by coalcoal1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
if the toilets don't have water, that definitely means that there is shortage of water in these food joints. Have you ever stopped to think about the hygiene consciousness of these food handlers? What if they wash their nyash with their hands after pooing and do not wash their hands well? and there after, they handle your food? just think about that

1 Like

Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by Newest: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ben-10[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin
Re: How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? by nomoneydow: 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2010
we need name

pls no picture here i did not want to throw up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Policemen Get 2 Years In Jail For Jumping At ‘free Food’ / Anyone Bought Mama's Pride Rice? / I Slaughtered Live Chicken For The First Time In My Life!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.