Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas (3279 Views)

Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons / Why Are Shipped From Overseas Mobile Phones So Cheap???? / I Need Answers About Buying Shipped From Overseas Fones From Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
Note that you must pay for custom duties on every phones gotten from overseas this period. I was told that they have been given a target to meet this period and that isn't too good for us buying things abroad. It's so disheartening. My advise for you is to shun singular phones and other expensive items abroad this period to avoid custom craze. I'm so sad as I type this. I got hammered today when I went to pick up my item only to be asked to pay custom charges. What's the charges all about? When has mobile phones become contraband in Nigeria? Do we manufacture phones here? May God help us

4 Likes

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by orbgoblin: 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
u are supposed to be charged a certain percentage of the value of the goods. if buying from amazon for instance, that amount would have been charged at check out.

1 Like

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by khalhokage(m): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
What was the price of the phone and how much was the customs charge?
I'm thinking of importing a phone.
Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
Mrblaster:
Note that you must pay for custom duties on every phones gotten from overseas this period. I was told that they have been given a target to meet this period and that isn't too good for us buying things abroad. It's so disheartening. My advise for you is to shun singular phones and other expensive items abroad this period to avoid custom craze. I'm so sad as I type this. I got hammered today when I went to pick up my item only to be asked to pay custom charges. What's the charges all about? When has mobile phones become contraband in Nigeria? Do we manufacture phones here? May God help us
where on earth will you import a thing into a country without a charge? Is running a port free? Import duty does not exist for nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
franciskaine:
where on earth will you import a thing into a country without a charge? Is running a port free? Import duty does not exist for nothing.
Is mobile phone a contraband in Nigeria? Seems you're quoting me out of context.

1 Like

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 23, 2018
Mrblaster:
Is mobile phone a contraband in Nigeria? Seems you're quoting me out of context.
is it contraband goods dat the govt collect import duty on?

3 Likes

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by iamlammy(m): 12:56am On Nov 23, 2018
franciskaine:
Customs normally don’t charge on phones from Aliexpress ..They just started of recent

3 Likes

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Obiomon: 1:49am On Nov 23, 2018
na wa o
Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 23, 2018
iamlammy:

Customs normally don’t charge on phones from Aliexpress ..They just started of recent
Don't mind him jor. He doesn't know what he is saying.

3 Likes

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 23, 2018
khalhokage:
What was the price of the phone and how much was the customs charge?

I'm thinking of importing a phone.
You better order from jumia jeje

1 Like

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by AgentGoat: 6:42am On Nov 23, 2018
Why is it so hard to do the right thing in nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Dapson932(m): 6:44am On Nov 23, 2018
Please clarify the amount you were charged, and how much is the phone you bought?, cause I'm expecting a xiaomi redmin note 5 by next week sad cry
Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by khalhokage(m): 7:36am On Nov 23, 2018
Mrblaster:
Smh, what is so hard in answering my question?
Jumia doesn't stock every phone brand in the world.
Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by khalhokage(m): 7:36am On Nov 23, 2018
Mrblaster:
Mrblaster:
Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by Iamicekid(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2018
franciskaine:

Go Dubai or Malaysia na Free, Na even the next day dem go come deliver your goods to your doorstep, no think am at all

3 Likes

Re: Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas by cocomama: 9:12am On Nov 23, 2018
nawa oooo

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Brand New But Just Cracked Screen / Recommend A 60k Phone. / Jumia Mobile Week....another Surprise Drops By 6:40PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.