Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

RELIGIOUS FRAUD: Don't Drink Chemical Because Your Papa Say So! Receive Brain - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / RELIGIOUS FRAUD: Don't Drink Chemical Because Your Papa Say So! Receive Brain (265 Views)

Doja Cat – Say So (remix) Ft. Nicki Minaj |audio| / Origin: Who Is The Brain Behind #10YearsChallenge? / Donors To Victims Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire Receive Death Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RELIGIOUS FRAUD: Don't Drink Chemical Because Your Papa Say So! Receive Brain by holygist: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
The Highest Religious Murderer Of All Time Jim Jones now has Disciples in Nigerian And Africa, so before you kill yourself for that Pastor read this!!

It’s been 40 years since Peoples Temple leader Jim Jones led more than 900 of his followers to participate in the mass murder-suicide that would become the largest deliberate loss of American civilian life until Sept. 11, 2001.

Today, his sons, who survived the massacre because they happened to be away that day, say they are still trying to find healing and forgiveness for their father and themselves.

“There are some things about Jonestown I’m never going to deal with, and I’m okay with that,” Jim Jones, Jr., 57, said in an interview for “Truth and Lies: Jonestown – Paradise Lost.” “The mind’s a dangerous neighborhood. Don’t go alone.”

“There were many people that were dear to me and a good number of them that I was very dear to,” Stephan Jones, 59, said. “I often thought about what it must have been like for them for us not to be there, you know. And I ask their forgiveness.”

The Peoples Temple was a ministry of Jim Jones’ own devising. Jones convinced hundreds of his American followers to move to his compound, known as Jonestown, in the South American nation of Guyana. Of the 918 Americans who lost their lives in the Jonestown massacre on Nov. 18, 1978, investigators determined 907 died from ingesting poison, including nearly 300 children.

Also read>>> South Korean Pastor Raped Followers, Said Was Carrying Out “God’s Order”

They used cyanide, and either injected it into people with syringes or mixed it with a powdered soft drink called Flavor Aid. Others were shot or stabbed that day. Jim Jones himself was found with a single bullet wound to the head.

Jim Jones, who was white, founded his ministry, the Peoples Temple, in Indiana, where they promoted social justice, racial and class equality and desegregation.

“I lived in a community that was filled with every walk of life, every color in the rainbow, every level of education. For the most part, we lived in harmony most of the time, especially early on,” Stephan said about his childhood. “It was not fake. I am so grateful for that because it showed me the truth of that, the beauty of that, the importance of that. So I loved that about him.”

Stephan said he believes his father’s primary purpose was to “bust down some walls and to create a community where all are welcome, no matter where they come from.”

But eventually, it became “all superficial,” Stephan said.

“There was nothing spiritual about my father. Of course, in my view of things, he had every bit the loved and juicy soul in him that everyone else does, but he had lost complete sight of that. His entire existence was superficial,” said Stephan.

In addition to their biological son, Stephan, Jim Jones and his wife, Marceline, had adopted children of Korean-American, African-American and Native-American descent.

Continue Reading @holygist

https://www.holygist.com/rev-jim-jones-the-highest-religious-murderer-of-all-time/

(1) (Reply)

IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW... / Trending Nigerian Songs 2018 / Dear Undergraduates Students, Opportunities Don’t Mind ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.