Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

In Enugu, There Was A City. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Enugu, There Was A City. (815 Views)

A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? / Lekki -- A City With No Government / Uyo: A City Besieged By ‘street Children’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Enugu, There Was A City. by CowHard: 7:22am On Nov 23, 2018
It was a Monday morning in the metropolitan city of Enugu state.
I was rushing back to my base after seeing out an encounter with a business partner.
While trekking to the motor park, foul stench oozed out of the numerous mountainous refuse dumps located virtually at every strategic places in the city.

As I maneuvered my way pass the waterlogged and slippery road, behold was a site of a man comfortably emptying the bowl inside the gutter.
In a moment of shock, I gazed at him unconsciously and the man roared "Oga na wetin, you wan chop shit"?

I hurriedly crossed over to the other lane before he deface me with an early morning feces.
Arriving at the Gariki motor park, I was at the mercy of touts who brushed, kicked and bundled me into the vehicle in a commando style.
Initially, I thought I had fallen into the hands of kidnappers because I was left with bruised wrists and lips.
Panting and sweating inside the vehicle, I decided to remove my jacket only to discover that my wallet, phones and wristwatch have all gone.

I immediately became anxious to leave the city before more terrible fate befall me so I began shouting at the driver to hasten up so we can start the journey.
The driver later mounted the steering, but not after he unzipped his trouser and urinated under the public glare.
I started asking asking myself if this is still the Enugu state I know.
The Enugu that I know has no history of touts and other unwholesome public demeanor.
Who took the flares and sparks associated with the ancient city of Enugu?

Before the coming of this incumbent government, Enugu was an epitome of serenity and cleanliness.
Back then, the moment you enter Enugu, you will be forced to be a gentleman courtesy of the nature of the environment.

Traffic lights manned the city traffic. No commuter dared go against the traffic light nor drive against traffic.
Enugu had both mechanized and manual road sweepers.
Dirt's were evacuated promptly. There were no sorry sites of refuse dumps in the entire city.
Travellers were strongly advised not to drop trash from the vehicle as drivers were mandated to have a trash can in the vehicle.

The beautiful structures the previous governments put in place have all become dilapidated. Mentally challenged men now dangerously roam the streets of Enugu.
Oh!! Enugu where is thy glory!!
The city now lies in ruins. The hitherto heartbeat of the Eastern region now lives on past glory.

How did we end up here?? The city has been defaced with billboards and indiscriminate pasting of posters. Even Aba under the leadership of Theodore Orji is now better than Enugu state in waste management and infrastructure.

Enugu is dying slowly while everyone looks elsewhere.
Who will save the moribund economy of the state?
Who will paddle the state to safety?
Who will chase flies coming from refuse dumps away from our foods?

Who will restore the sanity and discipline that has been the trademark of the state ab initio?
I have the conviction that ENUGU SHALL BE GREAT AGAIN!!.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:28am On Nov 23, 2018
You mean this Enugu bros? cheesy

The speed with which Enugu is expanding in development is frightening. .....

2 Likes

The best city in West Africa? Bros, it's a splendid environment.

4 Likes

City of the most powerful civilians grin

3 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2018
Or this very Enugu? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2018
The city is something else.......

3 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2018
Enugu's traditional fitness jamboree in progress

2 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by CowHard: 7:32am On Nov 23, 2018
No, I mean this....
Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2018
Obodo bu so mma

3 Likes

Enugu

3 Likes

2 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:40am On Nov 23, 2018
Ogui road

2 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2018
City of the resident slay Queens cheesy

1 Like

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by TEDHorsePower: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2018
Lol.. you have stated the fact, don't waste your time, we all knew this, don't mind the propaganda and hyping being forced down on people by spyder, ckenneth and his numerous accounts.
He is already here with his propaganda pictures of govt house surroundings which constitute less than 1% of the entire town, but he dare not show you the other 99.999% of the town. He keeps fooling only but himself. Lol

The problem with Enugu state is non existent of vibrant political opposition, so all the mess and backwardness in the state is hidden from public view. Please do well and expose your state and free it from the shackles of underdevelopment and backwardness.

CowHard:

I was rushing back to my base after seeing out an encounter with a business partner.
While trekking to the motor park, foul stench oozed out of the numerous mountainous refuse dumps located virtually at every strategic places in the city.

As I maneuvered my way pass the waterlogged and slippery road, behold was a site of a man comfortably emptying the bowl inside the gutter.
In a moment of shock, I gazed at him unconsciously and the man roared "Oga na wetin, you wan chop shit"?

I hurriedly crossed over to the other lane before he deface me with an early morning feces.
Arriving at the Gariki motor park, I was at the mercy of touts who brushed, kicked and bundled me into the vehicle in a commando style.
Initially, I thought I had fallen into the hands of kidnappers because I was left with bruised wrists and lips.
Panting and sweating inside the vehicle, I decided to remove my jacket only to discover that my wallet, phones and wristwatch have all gone.

I immediately became anxious to leave the city before more terrible fate befall me so I began shouting at the driver to hasten up so we can start the journey.
The driver later mounted the steering, but not after he unzipped his trouser and urinated under the public glare.
The Enugu that I know has no history of touts and other unwholesome public demeanor.

Before the coming of this incumbent government, Enugu was an epitome of serenity and cleanliness.
Back then, the moment you enter Enugu, you will be forced to be a gentleman courtesy of the nature of the environment.

Traffic lights manned the city traffic. No commuter dared go against the traffic light nor drive against traffic.
Dirt's were evacuated promptly. There were no sorry sites of refuse dumps in the entire city.
Travellers were strongly advised not to drop trash from the vehicle as drivers were mandated to have a trash can in the vehicle.

The beautiful structures the previous governments put in place have all become dilapidated. Mentally challenged men now dangerously roam the streets of Enugu.
The city now lies in ruins. The hitherto heartbeat of the Eastern region now lives on past glory.

How did we end up here?? The city has been defaced with billboards and indiscriminate pasting of posters. Even Aba under the leadership of Theodore Orji is now better than Enugu state in waste management and infrastructure.

Who will restore the sanity and discipline that has been the trademark of the state ab initio?

3 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2018
Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:54am On Nov 23, 2018
The miliken hills estates springing up at the foot of the hills

1 Like

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Exercise is good for the health. ......

2 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ChilledPill: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2018
Op you don buy market cheesy Ckenneths will bury you with facts and pictures here.... Enugu bu obodo oyibo na alaIgbo

1 Like

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ChilledPill: 8:01am On Nov 23, 2018
Chino aka cowhard aka Tedhorsepower what a stupid imbec!le you are.

1 Like

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by TEDHorsePower: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2018
You are an idiot to say am the op. Keep fooling yourself. Face your dead Abia state.

ChilledPill:
Chino aka cowhard aka Tedhorsepower what a stupid imbec!le you are.

1 Like

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by afroniger: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2018
Op, you can do better. Another former is already showing pictures of he GRAs and good parts of the city. Next time come well armed with pictorial evidences of your assertion. Every city has both its good and not so pleasant.
Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by TEDHorsePower: 8:26am On Nov 23, 2018
You will never believe this is the situation of things in Enugu due to too much propaganda and hyping..lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by ckenneths(m): 8:29am On Nov 23, 2018
It's a big and populous city........

2 Likes

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by madmohamed(m): 8:42am On Nov 23, 2018
CowHard:

Your wallet is missing and how did u pay ur transport money lie Mohamed.

1 Like

Re: In Enugu, There Was A City. by CowHard: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2018
madmohamed:
Your wallet is missing and how did u pay ur transport money lie Mohamed.

Enugu shall be great again irrespective of what you paid praise singers do to hide the rot going on in the state.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Shirtless Olusegun Obasanjo Playing Squash With His Son, Olujonwo / Allied People's Movement(apm) / Shekau Once Lived In My House — Hon. Monguno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.