Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? (4812 Views)

Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo / Ikpeazu: We'll Equip Enyimba Economic City With Uninterrupted Power Supply / Uyo: A City Besieged By ‘street Children’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Broveens42(m): 7:44am On Apr 30, 2022
This is Aba in 2022, with an unbelievable grid system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ogjN0TQTY4

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Malory: 7:45am On Apr 30, 2022
I stand with Calabar

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Broveens42(m): 7:48am On Apr 30, 2022
Aba in 2022
#ebohmedia

7 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by VictorUSA(m): 7:49am On Apr 30, 2022
all these villages

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Broveens42(m): 7:50am On Apr 30, 2022
Aba, 2022

4 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by MadamExcellency: 7:51am On Apr 30, 2022
Aba should be a State. It clamored for a State when there was no other State in Eastern Region but the scavengers and power brokers in Igboland blocked and continue to block the request, taking the city as a conquered territory until it became too late and now they are regretting their decisions.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:30am On Apr 30, 2022
I prefer ibadan where I can comfortably build my shotput slinging mud house grin any where I like without anybody disturbing me

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 8:37am On Apr 30, 2022
Honestly I wanted to say ABA only to come here and see it ...ABA is the best planned city I have been to honestly

Most people who visit ABA only go to osisioma and ariara market area ...and not really to ABA ...it's like judging Lagos with Ota or port Harcourt with obigbo or Enugu with 4 corner

If abia get umiah as a governor ...the two most beautiful cities in the south east are Owerri and ABA na just bad road spoil them the planning is impressive

Yes Enugu has help from nature and neat also plus their government housing agency is the best in Nigeria but trust me Aba n Owerri would best Enugu with good road

19 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Dankovich1: 8:38am On Apr 30, 2022
ABA would have been the best city in the whole of southeast but na poor governance lead by line of fools who never envisioned great things for that city.

16 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by everythinggirly(f): 8:45am On Apr 30, 2022
Port-Harcourt city all the way.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Legendforte: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2022
Comparison of cesspools. SMH..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by MrSensor(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2022
I'm here to see the city with the most organized streets.

OP, where is the city?
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Dyke15(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2022
Give it to Enugu

8 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Broveens42(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2022
MrSensor:
I'm here to see the city with the most organized streets.

OP, where is the city?

Get a data
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2022
Ikpeazu is a big disaster to Abia state. Just Imagined someone like Umahi or Peter Obi governed this state.

4 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by izac82: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2022
I remember that year I visited a pastor friend in Aba, he was staying at the top floor, dame, we could hear the shout of his neighbor in the next building anytime the husband is shagging her. The both building are the same 3 story building.
Everywhere bu so nno uno enu uno enu cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by AntonVince: 10:33am On Apr 30, 2022
Impressive as per Nigeria's standard.
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by JohnBullMySon: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2022
Broveens42:
This is Aba in 2022, with an unbelievable grid system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ogjN0TQTY4
Not just Aba. I believe Onitsha looks the same.

This is what you get when there's a culture of residential apartment investing and construction alongside adherence to local government street planning (From photo, most buildings seem to align with the cardinal points). Unfortunately, the streets themselves are nothing to write home about and its not just with Aba and Onitsha, but everywhere in Nigeria save for select neighborhoods in Lagos and a chunk of Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by CrownOfClay724: 10:52am On Apr 30, 2022
Abians should boot out Ikpeazu, The Orjis, PDP and everybody that has contributed to the downtrend of that state in the recent past.

The next things maladministration will claim are those fine buildings and the remaining road network.

They've almost already succeeded with the markets and industries.

Make una wake up.

2 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Faber(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2022
grin

That's true. Aba main town street grid is second to none in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Proudlyomonna: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2022
Aba is a very beautiful and classy city.

2 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
TotoGame:

The type of poverty and hunger in yoruba land is out of this world!

This pictures of ibadan are quite graphic tho! viewers discretion is advised

yes
That is villages in Ibadan which are in existence since 19th century .
It shows early development.
Then,your fore fathers where still in the jungles dragging leaves with the baboons

2 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by SuprymBean: 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2022
Gombe!
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Godstiger(m): 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
I prefer ibadan where I can comfortably build my shotput slinging mud house grin any where I like without anybody disturbing me
There is God oo

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by MadamExcellency: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2022
CrownOfClay724:
Abians should boot out Ikpeazu, The Orjis, PDP and everybody that has contributed to the downtrend of that state in the recent past.

The next things maladministration will claim are those fine buildings and the remaining road network.

They've almost already succeeded with the markets and industries.

Make una wake-up.

It has nothing to do with administration. There is no money like we have in Rivers and Akwaibom State to revolutionize the deficit in infrastructure decay.

Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu already did great for Aba.
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by OVB123: 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
mrvitalis:
Honestly I wanted to say ABA only to come here and see it ...ABA is the best planned city I have been to honestly

Most people who visit ABA only go to osisioma and ariara market area ...and not really to ABA ...it's like judging Lagos with Ota or port Harcourt with obigbo or Enugu with 4 corner

If abia get umiah as a governor ...the two most beautiful cities in the south east are Owerri and ABA na just bad road spoil them the planning is impressive

Yes Enugu has help from nature and neat also plus their government housing agency is the best in Nigeria but trust me Aba n Owerri would best Enugu with good road
There have good roads network but most of the roads are bad and also cover with filth. The government of abia state has a lot of work to do.
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Zaheertyler(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
Festac town
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by IGBOSON1: 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
Dankovich1:
ABA would have been the best city in the whole of southeast but na poor governance lead by line of fools who never envisioned great things for that city.

‘It’s Ngwa turn….it’s Ngwa turn’! Now one of them was ‘elected’ and is about to finish his two terms in office, what major, world-class difference has he made in Aba!? To his credit, Ikpeazu has done up two or three major roads and quite a sizeable number of inner-city roads that were hitherto decrepit. But in the larger scheme of things, that’s just about 10% of what’s needed by way of road infrastructure! And the few roads he managed to do aren’t swept and adorned with the necessary greenery to help give Aba the right ambience befitting a world class city!

I also noticed in some of the recent clips of Aba done by Eboh Media that streets in the commercial and busy parts of the city are FILTHY….strewn with litter, stagnant water in places, dusty, caked sediment/sand showing they haven’t been swept in ages, and having ZERO greenery not just for scenic beauty but to help mop up carbon dioxide in the atmosphere!

I know all state gov’ts are hamstrung to differing degrees given the warped political structure in the country, but to get Aba looking decent, we’re not talking rocket science here are we?

4 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by paramakina202: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2022
MadamExcellency:
Aba should be a State. It clamored for a State when there was no other State in Eastern Region but the scavengers and power brokers in Igboland blocked and continue to block the request, taking the city as a conquered territory until it became too late and now they are regretting their decisions.

Clannish Ngwas will be worst than Ikwerre people if they should be given their own state.
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by christistruth01: 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2022
akinremiayomide:
yes
Then,your fore fathers where still in the jungles dragging leaves with the baboons

Those areas of Ibadan are 200 years Old
But blacks must never compare each other to monkeys because we were made in God's image

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by BKayy: 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2022
akinremiayomide:
yes

christistruth01:

Those areas of Ibadan are 200 years Old
But blacks must never compare each other to monkeys because we were made in God's image
Liars,
Ibadan was founded in 1829. That is Ibadan is just 193 years old.

Call a spade a spade. Ibadan is the living example of mass poverty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

About 37 Corp Members Died In Bauchi / Dickson Alleges Plot To Destabilise Bayelsa / Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.