Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner (41026 Views)

Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner / I Got Credit Alert From A Loan App I Did Not Apply For (Photos) / Polaris Bank Refuse To Refund The Money They Debited From My Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 7:46pm On May 20, 2022
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or
Complain to my banker to help me locate the owner of the transaction?

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by JRichards: 7:47pm On May 20, 2022
Your bank or the senders bank

8 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by alphaRego01(m): 7:47pm On May 20, 2022
grin
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by HeRulesMen: 7:49pm On May 20, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Zonefree(m): 7:52pm On May 20, 2022
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.

184 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by correctyourself(m): 8:00pm On May 20, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my legs crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.

Please visit your Bank and explain to them , they can trace the bank and account where the money came from. You need to give your bank approval to refund the money.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 8:12pm On May 20, 2022
I forgot to add, the money is not unmerited favour. Anything that one got which the true owners can be located or traceable for return is not unmerited favour.

It is just like you helped some one picked up his/ her lost phone. The true owner of the phone can be located. If one decided to keep it for ones use, it amount to theft.

468 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Tokskob2008: 8:15pm On May 20, 2022
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.
This is definitely not an unmerited favour because when the yawa gas the op will be traced and arrested if he eventually spends the money.

On the other hand if the op had saw the 200k just lying on the ground somewhere and he picked it, then that's an unmerited favour...

167 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2022
[i][/i]
correctyourself:

Please visit your Bank and explain to them , they can trace the bank and account where the money came from. You need to give your bank approval to refund the money.

Thank you. I guess as much, Just the untrust worthiness of some bank officers that made some people to be discouraging me from complaining to my banker.

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Samfloxin(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2022
Don't touch the money wait for the contact

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by ojun50(m): 8:23pm On May 20, 2022
Just go to the bank ask them to show you who send the last money or the said amount but much sure you don't inform them that it was wrongly send to yr acct.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by JAMO4REAL1(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2022
Send me 5k pls if the yawa gas I will return it thank you 0227575583 wema bank

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by darkstar6971(m): 8:32pm On May 20, 2022
Na me send am o i can claim it with evidence abeg drop WhatsApp number Sir, Thanks for showing your kindness to refund my said money in dis life u shall never lack.
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

Do I keep my legs crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2022
darkstar6971:
Na me send am o i can claim it with evidence abeg drop WhatsApp number Sir, Thanks for showing your kindness to refund my said money in dis life u shall never lack.

1. What is the exact amount?
2. What date did you do the transaction?
3. Which ATM did you use?
4. What is the name of the town where transaction took place?
5.Can you send me the debit alert?

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bmdmix14: 9:08pm On May 20, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.
u keep fingers crossed not legs
Legs crossed is wen a lady is closing her private area

Hands crossed is when u dont have to do anything

And finally, leave it there n b spending urs dey will hollla u or d person wen dey own u don pay back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by galantjoe(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2022
Na your manna from heaven
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 9:20pm On May 20, 2022
Thank you for the correction and advise.

It has been corrected.

bmdmix14:
u keep fingers crossed not legs
Legs crossed is wen a lady is closing her private area

Hands crossed is when u dont have to do anything

And finally, leave it there n b spending urs dey will hollla u or d person wen dey own u don pay back

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Asabe4(f): 9:22pm On May 20, 2022
bobchigar:
I forgot to add, the money is not unmerited favour. Anything that one got which the true owners can be located or traceable for return is not unmerited favour.

It is just like you helped some one picked up his/ her lost phone. The true owner of the phone can be located. If one decided to keep it for ones use, it amount to theft.
This gladens my heart..I hope you find the owner soonest.

Keep being kind...it's beautiful

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by elvhinzey(m): 9:45pm On May 20, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.

You still don't believe in miracle alerts? cheesy

Am I saying you should spend the money? No!

But know that God carries people's prayer requests and give to others as gifts.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by darkstar6971(m): 9:53pm On May 20, 2022
1. 200K+
2. Two months ago
3. Some machine around Mainland
4. Agege
5. Drop WhatsApp number screenshot
bobchigar:

1. What is the exact amount?
2. What date did you do the transaction?
3. Which ATM did you use?
4. What is the name of the town where transaction took place?
5.Can you send me the debit alert?

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Wanbissaka: 11:00pm On May 20, 2022
Op come gift me 5k inside until the real owner shows up. E done red cry
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 11:27pm On May 20, 2022
darkstar6971:
1. 200K+
2. Two months ago
3. Some machine around Mainland
4. Agege
5. Drop WhatsApp number screenshot

Sorry it wasn't your transaction. Your answers are not close to the facts.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by darkstar6971(m): 12:14am On May 21, 2022
Confirm again bruh i dey tell u say i carry screenshot evidence shey u dey wine me nii
bobchigar:

Sorry it wasn't your transaction. Your answers are not close to the facts.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Oesophagus99(m): 12:53am On May 21, 2022
Na dem yahoo supporting cashiers dey do am.

Any misplaced money not enquired above 24hrs is not a mistake ..

Share it to poor widows instead, but turning up to the banks is a meager way to support fraud.

I senior police guy swear say if not not for that kind money him for never own house..
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Oesophagus99(m): 12:56am On May 21, 2022
ojun50:
Just go to the bank ask them to show you who send the last money or the said amount but much sure you don't inform them that it was wrongly send to yr acct.

Don't be delusional!
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by gaby(m): 3:47am On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:

Ole....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by JONSYN7154: 4:48am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.
print out the statement of account you'll see the sender's name and account details..

21 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Alolaf(m): 6:39am On May 21, 2022
Kindly visit your bank and get the details of the sender.
God bless you.
Focus

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by uvie66: 6:42am On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
nonsense talk....as if money falls from air.

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 6:58am On May 21, 2022
Asabe4:
This gladens my heart..I hope you find the owner soonest.

Keep being kind...it's beautiful

Amen. That's my prayers too. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by ChoCho54(f): 7:46am On May 21, 2022
Op please go to your bank before you unintentionally use the money. Go to them and ask for the details of the person that paid the money into your account. After you get a name and bank, you can now open up to your bankers about sending it back.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by abbasajao(m): 7:56am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or

Thank you.
Bro. Contract your bank. No bank official will conspire as the money will be reversed to where is coming from.. It could be that the owner has gone to the bank and complain and somebody in the bank is not doing his or her job. Just do your own. I know you have a good heart.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Visits The Pyramids In Egypt (Photos) / Tony Elumelu And Akon Pictured Together Enjoying Boat Cruise In Lagos / 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.