Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development (11439 Views)

Charterhouse: Why We Charge ₦42M Fees For Primary School Pupils — Lagos School / How I Found Out My Student Was My Nursery School Teacher –lecturer / Chinese Nursery School Hires Sexy Pole Dancers To Welcome Kids Back To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 23, 2018
APC why......?

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by subong360: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2018
oga when una wan start that one soo?? u hav done enough already abeg angry
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2018
I no know why this government just they take us like zombies

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Lomprico2: 10:39am On Nov 23, 2018
"We will" government! undecided

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 23, 2018
ugh I hate coding! python is really showing me pepper now cry
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 23, 2018
It shows that this government is very clueless. Why not start from Primary or secondary school?

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Ihateyoumod: 10:43am On Nov 23, 2018
How will u do tht...when the schools do not have the facilities

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by melodyogonna(m): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2018
Foolish people.

Many graduates cannot even comprehend programming and you want to teach it to nursery pupils who might not even know how to write their names.

Jokers!!!

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by melodyogonna(m): 10:46am On Nov 23, 2018
carammel:
We have been teaching the nursery learners basic computer skills right from time, it is not new in schools.
All that is needed is provision of fully equipped computer laboratories across the schools.
Coding is not basic computer skill, it's advanced computer and not meant for children.

At least not children in pre-nursery and nursery, you can start teaching introduction from js1 or 2.
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by bizzibodi(m): 10:47am On Nov 23, 2018
hollakay:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that the Federal Government will change the educational curriculum in
such a way that will enable pre - primary school pupils to learn software development and coding .
Osinbajo said this during the 50th National Annual Conference of the Chartered Institute of Personnel
Management of Nigeria held in Abuja recently.
Speaking at the event with the theme, ‘Stand Out ’, the Vice President said that many countries across the world had begun to shift focus from natural to human resources development . He said that any youth , who lacked Information and Communication Technology skills and knowledge , would become unemployable in the future , stressing that this had informed the Federal Government ’s decision to infuse educational development in its Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.
Osinbajo said, “ The focus on primary and secondary education is on employability skills, especially technology. So our focus is on teaching young people from the primary, even pre- primary , school to use all the new techniques, especially code writing skills and software writing skills.
“ The new technologies that are developing everything we are seeing today clearly show that anyone in the coming generation will be left behind, if they are not equipped with the knowledge of cutting edge of technology or with a sound knowledge of technology , at least. We believe that our educational system must incorporate that , which is why , with the new curriculum , a lot of attention is focused on science , technology , engineering and mathematics.”
“ For a country like Nigeria , which is highly dependent on oil, we need to remind our people that oil is a depleting asset. The country ’ s large population, especially our young ones, is where its strength truly lies .”

https://punchng.com/well-teach-nursery-school-pupils-software-development-osinbajo/
Haba! Osinbajo!why not teach them software development from d womb.

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by emmythetbcWiz: 10:47am On Nov 23, 2018
dajoaneke:
Which brain will a Nigerian kid in pre-nursery use in learning software coding? As an adult its very difficult for me to grasp.

APC has ran out of ideas.

u just spoke my mind oooo my bross.. as a computer sci student in higher institution u still find it difficult to understand coding not to talk of nusry kids...

this ppl still won use our head 4 2019 election baaa....God no go free 4 them.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Rindo69: 10:47am On Nov 23, 2018
We Will...We will....We will kill you there!!!!

IN the last 3years what have you done to lay the foundation for this apart from the school feeding farce!

Do you want to tech code writing inside dilapidated buildings?

Who will teach the pupils? The non-existent teachers?

Even those with the skills to teach; can you pay them more than what they would earn in a blue-chip company?

I ask again; what foundation has been laid for this wishful talk?
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2018
Teaching software development to 3-year olds? What the heck?! cheesy
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by kernel001: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2018
hollakay:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that the Federal Government will change the educational curriculum in
such a way that will enable pre - primary school pupils to learn software development and coding .
Osinbajo said this during the 50th National Annual Conference of the Chartered Institute of Personnel
Management of Nigeria held in Abuja recently.
Speaking at the event with the theme, ‘Stand Out ’, the Vice President said that many countries across the world had begun to shift focus from natural to human resources development . He said that any youth , who lacked Information and Communication Technology skills and knowledge , would become unemployable in the future , stressing that this had informed the Federal Government ’s decision to infuse educational development in its Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.
Osinbajo said, “ The focus on primary and secondary education is on employability skills, especially technology. So our focus is on teaching young people from the primary, even pre- primary , school to use all the new techniques, especially code writing skills and software writing skills.
“ The new technologies that are developing everything we are seeing today clearly show that anyone in the coming generation will be left behind, if they are not equipped with the knowledge of cutting edge of technology or with a sound knowledge of technology , at least. We believe that our educational system must incorporate that , which is why , with the new curriculum , a lot of attention is focused on science , technology , engineering and mathematics.”
“ For a country like Nigeria , which is highly dependent on oil, we need to remind our people that oil is a depleting asset. The country ’ s large population, especially our young ones, is where its strength truly lies .”

https://punchng.com/well-teach-nursery-school-pupils-software-development-osinbajo/

This government thrives on "future tense"
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by afroxyz: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2018
We will instead of We are
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by goldfish80(m): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2018
Why stop at coding? We should go a step further and teach them algebra and calculus.

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2018
Dwarf face why be say na u Buhari always send this kind massage
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by ObaKlaz: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2018
This government is a joke and a scam.
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by jrusky(m): 10:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Oh Lord how did we get here? Lord pls who brought apc upon Nigeria? God help us to be free from this useless confused govt.

So these people can never stop lying Apc why did you people love disturbing our peace?
Aren't you people understand we are tired of your useless party beside we don't want anymore a complicated identity president, we are tired of seen shorter Buhari with 15 years younger than our Buhari, we are tired of hide and sick president who is afraid to show his face in a political debate and gathering, pls we are tired of plastic Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Sonoyom(m): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2018
We Will We Will, that has always been their favorite line!

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by breakeven: 11:01am On Nov 23, 2018
Desperado. As usual we know it's a lie.

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by bejeria101(m): 11:03am On Nov 23, 2018
Does Jubrin know what that is?
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by breakeven: 11:04am On Nov 23, 2018
Talk is cheap. Apchit.
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by qanda: 11:14am On Nov 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2018
We like deceiving ourselves, even secondary school and higher institution don't know it and there talking about nursery...
Failing promises
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by yemison(m): 11:16am On Nov 23, 2018
Hahahahahaha onto next level tins.
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by jaxxy(m): 11:16am On Nov 23, 2018
U can’t even give them a conducive environment and refreshments bt u want to teach them programming.

Osinbajo is the chief packager of Apc and their fake policies.

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by niceguy3(m): 11:22am On Nov 23, 2018
we will make naira equal to dollar.� i cant be fooled the second time
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Cloud007: 11:24am On Nov 23, 2018
SingleWahala:
And despite not being STUPID you still dey for Nairaland Joblessley condemning anything you read ?........... angry
now I see am one of the few that is ok.

Well...You are doing your job as a paid worker.

Am doing my Job as a God fearing Nigerian.

Yessssss.....I will rather be jobless than take up your type of work.

1 Like

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by SingleWahala(f): 11:27am On Nov 23, 2018
Cloud007:
now I see am one of the few that is ok.

Well...You are doing your job as a paid worker.

Am doing my Job as a God fearing Nigerian.

Yessssss.....I will rather be jobless than take up your type of work.

....E pain you ni tongue
Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Morbeta11(m): 11:27am On Nov 23, 2018
Infact..

Re: Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development by Cloud007: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2018
SingleWahala:
....E pain you ni tongue
nope. wink

Anything for Nigeria!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Students Tell Yahaya Bello To "Give Us Our Bursary Or Return Our N650" / List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada / Unilag Successful Candidates Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.