Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos (547 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Inspiring Story Of Akiane Kramarik That Converted Her Atheist Parents To Christ / Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
Whoever said that poverty is mostly responsible for crime and theft in the world, and that a poor man cannot have integrity, instances such as this one which I'm about to share with you proves that notion to be incorrect and agrees with a position I've held for quite some time now.

Because when you see some who already have billions of naira yet steal and loot public funds, and on the other hand you have some impoverished communities where stealing and criminal activities are yet virtually nonexistent, you begin to realize that despite that poverty can make it much harder for people not to steal and commit crimes, that the main problem is not poverty but instead covetousness, that's why a very rich man can yet be stealing, while a very poor man would be able to completely resist the act.

Hence Jesus said unto the people:

"Take heed and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consistent not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Lk 12:15(KJV)

Therefore this is one of the reasons I'm not happy with most of the leaders of the church because they ought to follow the example and teachings of Jesus as such, and hence emphatically preach against covetousness but extol the virtues which a man's life truly consists of as Jesus did, so that people would know that they can be poor and yet be people of integrity and value.

Instead it's the opposite as they make poverty to be seen as a disease and a curse, and the poor to feel ashamed of themselves as though they have no value, which makes people to want to avoid poverty at all cost, even if they have to steal and defraud others, as integrity and such things that Jesus said a man's life consists of, are no longer observed as anything of value and something to uphold anymore.

But it was in the middle of this huge disorientation and derailment, that I came across this story that really blessed me and made me know that all hope is not yet lost, for there are yet those poor who still value their integrity more than worldly riches, as they would rather remain poor than steal to get rich even when they have the opportunity to. And I thought I should share it with you. So enjoy!

The story of a Bangkok homeless man returned a lost wallet with THB20,000 cash inside it went viral this week as the honest man was simply rewarded with a new life, job and home.

Facebook user Tarika Patty said the homeless man, whose name was not mentioned, had returned her boyfriend’s wallet on Monday although the man barely had money and had been living on the street for over a year. Tarika said her boyfriend dropped his wallet without his knowledge.

The homeless man did see the incident and tried to give the wallet back, but unfortunately, he couldn’t catch up with Tarika’s boyfriend in time.

Not losing hope, the homeless man who only TBH20 with him, went to the police station and asked for their help in finding the man, and succeeded in doing so.

Tarika’s boyfriend was so thankful that he repaid the man for his kindness with a job and a place to stay when he learned that the guy had been out of work for a year and used Huay Kwang MRT station as a place to sleep. And he could not help but express his admiration:

"I was totally surprised when the police told me they had my wallet as I didn’t even know I’d lost it."

"If it was me in that position with no money I probably would have kept it."

"He was homeless and had just a few coins in his pocket and still handed it in. That shows a good, honest person. Just the kind of staff we need”

Tarika posted an update of the story a day later. She wrote:

“Update on the uncle. He is well and eating healthy. He was asking if this was all a dream. Haha. Doing Good can certainly make one very happy in life.”

She posted pictures of herself taking him out shopping for clothes, as well as a picture of him in his new home, sitting on abed and smiling at the camera. It’s certainly nice to be reminded that there is some good in the world.

Overwhelmed by the rewards he received, Waralop said:

“Im so grateful to be given this change to turn my life around. Having a clean bed to sleep in makes me so happy now.”

“I want to thank Nitty and Tarika for the kindness they both shown to me.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2018
Next she will start a GofundYou account for 'him'

And because of her salacious appearance
Thousands of wanksters and over compensating morons will donate.

She will buy two cartons of indomie for the man. And use the rest to upgrade Her life.

No so...
Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2018
more pictures

Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 24, 2018
Jesus said:

"Take heed and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consistent not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Lk 12:15(KJV)
Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2018
Yes a poor homeless man can yet be a man of integrity!
Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 25, 2018
No amount of money or riches in the world is worth a man's integrity!
Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Preetti(f): 8:53am On Nov 25, 2018
Aww touching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
Preetti:
Aww touching.
cheesy
Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2018
True story!
Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2018
I believe that the beggar called Lazarus was also a man of integrity, that's why he didn't end up in Hell!
Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
I think we can borrow a leaf from this beggars story.
Re: Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 30, 2018
It is indeed possible.

(1) (Reply)

The Shocking Moment Pastor Alph Lukau Of South Africa Rose The Dead! / "Na My Matter Go Kill You " pastor arrested For Impregnating A Teenager / Ok. Fine. So Your God Exists! But Wait...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.