Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima (33395 Views)

You're Ignorant,Lawan Is A Celebrity In Our Land - Ohafia Group Replies Shettima / Goodluck Jonathan’s "My Transition Hours" Book Launch Photos / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by yrex01(m): 9:04am On Nov 24, 2018
lilfreezy:
Shettima, elrufai and buhari all had a hand in the chibok saga.

I pity Nigerians campaigning for buhari to win a second term, una suffering go enter next level
then who had hand in dapchi girls ? Them again ? Some pipu will just speak gbuaooo like sheep
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by Ugosample(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2018
Mikat:
Jonathan was a collosal failure as president, a big disappointment to the youths of Nigeria , destroyer of our great expectation, plunderer of our common wealth now coming up with lies. God punish him

and the current idiot in aso rock has damaged the COUNTRY final

yet fools like many of you on NL still support him blindly

the gov't has gagged the miedia and yet, foolish Nigerians consumed in tribalism and hate still support this man.

Shame of a COUNTRY
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adetayo234: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2018
2lateBiafra:
Stealing is not Corruption !

Yes, Buhari deserves endorsement for kidnapping chibok girls. Wishing right now that your sister is one of those kidnapped by the negligence of shettima.

Yes, stealing is not corruption.

Corruption is systemic, while stealing is an isolated issue. It is simple semantic.

Your lack of simple knowledge shows why you are a Buhari supporter. Bunch of intellectual dolts
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by madridsta007(m): 9:08am On Nov 24, 2018
Ugosample:

and because we in the south are VERY STUPIF and divided

If Yoruba and Igbo bury this foolishness and work together

These murderers will be flushed out and a new wave of progressive northerners will be in place

But no, they are out to destroy each other

especially the ones from SW undecided

The Northern elites are excellent students of the British colonialists policy of divide and conquer.
That’s what they use in the South. Hence, they will tell the SW, “vote Lifeless in 2019 and win the 2023 support” in the morning and with the same mouth tell the East, “vote Lifeless in 2019 and get the Presidency in 2023”.

And the South will fight amongst themselves while the real criminals laugh in their hubs.

What’s more ironic is that as the evil elites in the North manipulate and scheme, it is the South that suffers it in equal measure. The folks in Slave camps in Libya, are all from the South.

The day the Yorubas and Igbos agree to put emotional beef aside and work together, that is the day Nigeria will change. Unfortunately from all indications, that day is still quite far.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by jamace(m): 9:09am On Nov 24, 2018
*"The recent proscription of Boko Haram and Ansaru violates the Constitution." - Lai Mohammed (June 10, 2013, The Nation*
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adetayo234: 9:09am On Nov 24, 2018
abiolert:

You are very stupid you know?

I can show evidence of your stupidity; I challenge you to show mine.

Or are you just making empty idiotic noise like a man with a dead brain?
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by LordAdam16: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I understand your point.

I never knew that fella was a minion.

Anyways my point is the book just seems like Jonathan begging to be understood or exonerated. He's not the problem at all. The problem is the populace. Some would never read the book, but would use it as a point to insult him.

He could have delayed it a bit. His silence so far has been quite constructive.

95+% of Nigerians have already made up their mind about GEJ since 2015. And most have insulted him for less. A new book is hardly going to move the needle. It's simply a record for posterity sake and to remind the APC that every rough play has its limits. Especially in a country where silence implies complicity.

The person you quoted has never read the book, will never read the book, and wouldn't accept it if it was gifted to him for free. So delaying it has little if any positive effect. He delayed it long enough for APC to be demystified. Now's the best time to strike with the corruption, continued BH killings, poor economy, loss of jobs, lack of rule of law and what not.

Delay now and he wouldn't ever be able to go at the APC again because Nigerians have the attention span of a goldfish.

It's a calculated risk. One I'm in favor of. I understand your reservations tho', but everything has a breaking point and the APC just pushed GEJ passed it. This is how you f*ck them up. By proving you'd go to any length to rebuff any propaganda they bring up.

It'd also help Atiku's campaign as Buhari's APC attention is divided and facing onslaught from multiple angles.

-Lord
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by oweman: 9:11am On Nov 24, 2018
Its strange Jonathan is saying his book is wrll revieved

Who are the Nigerians that recieve his book of fiction .
That book is full of fiction especially the chapters alleging Obama contributed to his downfall if he dont know the greatest reason for his fall is the BRAZEN CORRUPYION .
Its posible some acts of vorruption is still on but the way vorruption was treated by GEJ is unacceptable .
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by jamace(m): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2018
Chibok Girls were kept in a politician’s house: https://www.nairaland.com/3567791/chibok-girls-kept-politicians-house
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by pek(m): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2018
When different people are saying a book contradicts true events, then they all might be right.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by aku626(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2018
I see and have heard people discrediting this book, most of them haven’t even read the book. How do you do a book review when you haven’t passed the cover or you based your conclusion on others? Shettima has the guts to even speak? People are quick to blame buhari for the pot holes on their street forgetting they’ve a governor and they’ve a local government. Before you point fingers at Jonathan what happens to the local govt. the governor ....?
This book is giving hints and it’s being resisted by those who know, Jonathan losing even at Aso rock is it solely because he was a bad president or other hidden factors.
Nigerians should seek answers.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by baralatie(m): 9:32am On Nov 24, 2018
Kylekent59:
No matter whatever you do, an enemy must always emerge to proscribe your work.

Nice book by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by chaloskyx: 9:34am On Nov 24, 2018
whats the diffrence between we youths and our so called politicians, we keep blaming each other and pointing accusing fingers. lets forget them they all failed us jonathan, buhari & obj there is no point defending or fighting for either of them what we need to focus on is how the youths can wrestle power from these fools cause with time they would all pass away and leave us without a country
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by MahatmaGhandi: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2018
GEJ was the principal player in all these events and have kept a dignified silence for over 3 years. I think it is totally unfair for anyone to deny him his right to tell the story from his perspective. Everything in that book is his side to the whole story, if it is making you or the powers that be uncomfortable, then there more to the book than meets the eye and we will find out what it is about very soon.
If I come out to say the MODS are unfair based on the fact that I was banned for reasons best known to them and you are attacking me for it, I will think that you are mad because I was the one that was banned and I have a right to express how I see it. If the MODS feel otherwise they also have a right to put out their opinion.
So guys don't attack GEJ for telling his side of the story, if you feel the book is biased then prove it so with facts in your own book and invite dignitaries to your own book lunch, I am sure I will attend if you invite me.

Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by baralatie(m): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2018
MahatmaGhandi:
GEJ was the principal player in all these events and have kept a dignified silence for over 3 years. I think it is totally unfair for anyone to deny him his right to tell the story from his perspective. Everything in that book is his side to the whole story, if it is making you or the powers that be uncomfortable, then there more to the book than meets the eye and we will find out what it is about very soon.
If I come out to say the MODS are unfair based on the fact that I was banned for reasons best known to them and you are attacking me for it, I will think that you are mad because I was the one that was banned and I have a right to express how I see it. If the MODS feel otherwise they also have a right to put out their opinion.
So guys don't attack GEJ for telling his side of the story, if you feel the book is biased then prove it so with facts in your own book and invite dignitaries to your own book lunch, I am sure I will attend if you invite me.
liked
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by Ifyhills(f): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2018
bros jona u get time dey reply dem sef?people wey no fit write ABC hw dey won take appreciate book wey u take time write. it's just like expecting a pig to appreciate soap nd water.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adanny01(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2018
oweman:

Its strange Jonathan is saying his book is wrll revieved

Who are the Nigerians that recieve his book of fiction .
That book is full of fiction especially the chapters alleging Obama contributed to his downfall if he dont know the greatest reason for his fall is the BRAZEN CORRUPYION .
Its posible some acts of vorruption is still on but the way vorruption was treated by GEJ is unacceptable .

Typical example is the removal of Sanusi.

Compared to Buhari's Babachir saga, GEJ's is by far worst.

If it were GEJ's time the Babachir whistle blower would have been fired and buried.

Buhari tolerated a lot of shit doing little or slow about it but not as much as GEJ who harboured criminals with no will to investigate instead firing the whistle blowers.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by Afonja007: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
But let's be straight, what exactly is GEJ trying to tell us?? This makes him even more irresponsible. Never taking responsibility for anything. He doesn't want to acknowledge that he was incompetent, just like Abiolas wife said. Take it or leave it, he was the president, he could not fix the state of affairs, he couldn't handle the situation. Mass laundering and unregulated compromises. Everyone was a lord, Jonathan got us here, lets not forget!!

Accepting defeat doesn't mean he was a good president. Upon say em carry all the certificate.

Please jor, he failed the south, nwoke Ijaw!! cry

Exfoliate with honey
and your saint Buhari with his baboon and dog is fixing it abi? You talking about abiolas wife let her go and settle with other abiolas children over properties,
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by 2lateBiafra: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2018
adetayo234:

Yes, Buhari deserves endorsement for kidnapping chibok girls. Wishing right now that your sister is one of those kidnapped by the negligence of shettima.

Yes, stealing is not corruption.

Corruption is systemic, while stealing is an isolated issue. It is simple semantic.

Your lack of simple knowledge shows why you are a Buhari supporter. Bunch of intellectual dolts
Sai BUHARI.......!

Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by danot1030: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2018
adetayo234:

You clearly didn't read that post. That's why you are still daft enough to be ruled by Buhari

I accept to being ruled by Buhari but you are more dafter not to realized that you including your family is being ruled by the same Buhari or are you simply living in denial...
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adetayo234: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2018
danot1030:

I accept to being ruled by Buhari but you are more dafter not to realized that you including your family is being ruled by the same Buhari or are you simply living in denial...

Yes, the stupidity and senselessness of people like you have set the rest of the country back. Thanks to your backward way of life; Nigeria is now the global headquarters of poverty
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adetayo234: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2018
2lateBiafra:

Sai BUHARI.......!

Yes, said Buhari for being clueless
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by spiralwedge(m): 9:58am On Nov 24, 2018
adetayo234:

You are wrong. I read his response and I realise that the book has exposed the conspiracy of the APC in the chibok girls saga

Lmao in 3D. You mean he waited almost 4 years to expose an imminent national security issue as that, and in a book for that matter?

Dem never use my head fry suya.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by LordAdam16: 9:58am On Nov 24, 2018
adanny01:

Shamelessly? For real? Doing government's business will cause one to be ashamed of what for Gods sake. So Buhari should have abandoned every project he didnt initiate so he may not be ashamed. No wonder GEJ was booted out the way he was. Monumental cluelessnesss.

These kind of comments gets me pissed off. Why would GEJ take credit for TSA. He created and had the chance to implement it but didnt, until Buhari came and gave it all the force it required.

GEJ awarded so many contracts but didnt finance them. If Buhari finances them, who takes credit. Buhari came in and saw that PDP for 16 yrs were awarding different contracts to cronies without funding or political will to see the project completed. As a result, Buhari refused to tow in the line of PDP by awarding his own contracts but decided to finance to completion most abandoned contracts.

Typical is Abuja roads and flyovers that were abandoned since Obj, zero progress during GEJ but completed in Buhari's time. Also the Abuja-Kaduna rail, Abuja Metro rail, 2nd Niger bridge etc. These are no ordinary projects, the contractors who abandoned site were owed in Billions, Buhari had to pay off the debts from his 1st budget then finance the completion. Its never easy to pay debts but Buhari dedicated his tenure to pay contracts debts instead of cheap popularity by initiating and abandoning contracts like 16 yrs of PDP.

Besides if anyone will be honest, Buhari made the highest capital budget in Nigerias history, most of these funds went into paying capital debts left behind by PDP governments.

Who gets credit, he who promise to sponsor an orphan or he who actually sponsors an orphan.[/s]

First question: Who told you GEJ did not implement TSA?

Other questions,

*Did GEJ start implementation of IPPIS?
*Did GEJ start implementation of BVN?
*Were the rice mills and universities GEJ completed also abandoned projects?

What most Nigerians fail to understand is that after the military ran Nigeria into the ground, OBJ's 8 years was all about setting the foundation and finding our balance. That's why all the foundational steps and consultations for EFCC, IPPIS, GIMS, TSA, NIPS, and more happened under his administration. He also proceeded to sell most of our unproductive assets and clear the huge debt we had.

Oil price was low, revenue was practically non-existent, capital market was trash. As such, OBJ's government decided against throwing huge chunk of change on infrastructure. This allowed him to save a combined total of more than $70b even with the free looting.

Yar'Adua came on board, took the baton and continued laying the blocks. From sanitizing elections to re-checking many of the government deals that were hurriedly done like the NIPS. He was unfortunate to have the global financial crisis and oil crash divert his attention; and like OBJ didn't invest in infrastructure before his demise.

GEJ came in with the good will, fresh off the end of the global financial crisis, saw how far OBJ and Yar'Adua had tried with the foundation and got to work. Most of the policies conceptualized by his predecessors started (or expanded) implementation under him. BVN, TSA, IPPIS, GIMS continued. TETFund that was signed off on as far back as 1993 was established in 2011.

It is under his administration that spending on infrastructure entered into full swing in the fourth republic. From roads to rail to power to education. Daft people complaining about PDP's locust years or GEJ's cluelessness have no idea how terrible our situation was in 1999. Do you think it it will take only 4 years to revitalize a country's railway system after it's been derelict for over 40 years? While simultaneously rebuilding the road network, funding bogus tertiary institutions, building power generation, transmission, and distribution networks, funding housing projects, and more? How many years do you think it will take for the Ajaokuta-Itakpe railway line to be completed? What about Lagos-Calabar rail? What about the Mambilla Power Project?

Yet the PMB administration has refused to acknowledge the efforts of the past government to turbocharge the country after he and his fellow soldiers destroyed the country irreparably. Instead demonizing them and appropriating all the achievements they made. The railway concession that GE just pulled out of has been in discussion for the past 2 years. Lagos Blue and Red line has been in progress for more than half a decade. But when things take time under PDP, it is because there is no political will. I feel like insulting you, but I think it'd be a waste. It's not your fault you're dumb. It's congenital.

What is that policy or project that PMB has initiated that another administration will take up when he's out of power? Or does he not know government is a continuum? Or does he not understand how much deficit (from infrastructural to economical) we have? Let him initiate, start, and complete a policy or project in 3 years like he was expecting the PDP governments to do. Or is that rocket science? What you can't do, what you know isn't possible, you ask others to do it. Then when they start and get to near completion, you come from no one riding on their success, complete it, then claim novelty and appropriate all the success.

When GEJ was building universities, you and your ilk were complaining he hasn't funded existing universities... When the Mass Transit Train Service in the SW started operation under GEJ, it was propaganda and the trains were run-down rejects... When he was completing sections of the East-West road, it was just showing off... Today, those same trains that were run-down rejects are now flagship locomotives, completing section of any road is not longer showing off... Allah will punish you propagandists bountifully...

-Lord

Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by danot1030: 9:59am On Nov 24, 2018
adetayo234:

Yes, the stupidity and senselessness of people like you have set the rest of the country back. Thanks to your backward way of life; Nigeria is now the global headquarters of poverty

I can feel your pain but unfortunately your family have been poor before Buhari came to power, Jonathan looted your destiny go and cry to him or you jump into the ocean.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by LordAdam16: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2018
adanny01:

Typical example is the removal of Sanusi.

Compared to Buhari's Babachir saga, GEJ's is by far worst.

If it were GEJ's time the Babachir whistle blower would have been fired and buried.

Buhari tolerated a lot of shit doing little or slow about it but not as much as GEJ who harboured criminals with no will to investigate instead firing the whistle blowers.[/s]

Where is the $45b abi $20b Sanusi claimed was missing today? Have you guys found it? The id*ot was fired for spreading propaganda. If it wasn't propaganda, Buhari should have found the $20b by now. It's almost four years.

Since GEJ was firing whistle blowers, who did he fire for the Stella Odua scandal?

-Lord

Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adetayo234: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2018
spiralwedge:

Lmao in 3D. You mean he waited almost 4 years to expose an imminent national security issue as that, and in a book for that matter?

Dem never use my head fry suya.

Don't tell me you are just learning the truth today. were you on a sabbatical leave in a grave or something?

It was reported shortly after the kidnap occurred that shettima refused to listen to intelligence reports that the kidnap would happen. Federal government warned him; waec warned him, but he refused to listen and exposed those kids to danger.

It was also reported that the principal of the school and her daughter, who was also supposed to be writing waec, wasn't at the hostel that night. And it was also reported that this same principal was given a government appointment after APC won the election.

How come you don't know all these? Are you intentionally daft or you have short memory?

Why are APC supporters generally daft?

Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adetayo234: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2018
danot1030:

I can feel your pain but unfortunately your family have been poor before Buhari came to power, Jonathan looted your destiny go and cry to him or you jump into the ocean.

Yes, Jonathan ministers and wife looted (I will not excuse him for that), but only a daft idiot like you will say Buhari (including his wife, children, governors and ministers) are also not looting.

Stop being daft, boy. Start using your brain for its intended purpose
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by spiralwedge(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2018
adetayo234:

Don't tell me you are just learning the truth today. were you on a sabbatical leave in a grave or something?

It was reported shortly after the kidnap occurred that shettima refused to listen to intelligence reports that the kidnap would happen. Federal government warned him; waec warned him, but he refused to listen and exposed those kids to danger.

It was also reported that the principal of the school and her daughter, who was also supposed to be writing waec, wasn't at the hostel that night. And it was also reported that this same principal was given a government appointment after APC won the election.

How come you don't know all these? Are you intentionally daft or you have short memory?

Why are APC supporters generally daft?

Mumu, it was reported, they said, it was alleged, we heard,.... Common guy, dem dey fry akara for your head? Read your comment again nah.

When children were kidnapped at Babington Macaulay School in Ikorodu Lagos, "it was reported" that Ambode ignored some intelligence beforehand.
According to your akara head and logic, Ambode and APC conspired to have the children kidnapped. Ọdẹ gerrraa of here

Mr dem say dem say
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by EternalTruths: 10:12am On Nov 24, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
But let's be straight, what exactly is GEJ trying to tell us?? This makes him even more irresponsible. Never taking responsibility for anything. He doesn't want to acknowledge that he was incompetent, just like Abiolas wife said. Take it or leave it, he was the president, he could not fix the state of affairs, he couldn't handle the situation. Mass laundering and unregulated compromises. Everyone was a lord, Jonathan got us here, lets not forget!!

Accepting defeat doesn't mean he was a good president. Upon say em carry all the certificate.

Please jor, he failed the south, nwoke Ijaw!! cry

Exfoliate with honey

Beauty without Brain.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adetayo234: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2018
spiralwedge:

Mumu, it was reported, they said, it was alleged, we heard,.... Common guy, dem dey fry akara for your head? Read your comment again nah.

When children were kidnapped at Babington Macaulay School in Ikorodu Lagos, "it was reported" that Ambode ignored some intelligence beforehand.
According to your akara head, Ambode and APC conspired to have the children kidnapped. Ọdẹ

Mr dem say dem say

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160062-how-borno-governor-caused-kidnap-of-chibok-schoolgirls-waec.html

Read that and hit your head on the floor until your skull shatters. That head of yours is 100% useless.
Re: My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima by adanny01(m): 10:19am On Nov 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

Where is the $45b abi $20b Sanusi claimed was missing today? Have you guys found it? The id*ot was fired for spreading propaganda. If it wasn't propaganda, Buhari should have found the $20b by now. It's almost four years.

Since GEJ was firing whistle blowers, who did he fire for the Stella Odua scandal?

-Lord

Sanusi was fired, evidence destroyed.

Have forgotten that after that a lot of effort was made by Diezani to explain how the funds was spent. Have you forgotten that the senate set up a committee to investigate and the issue died in the senate.

What happened at the end if you recall? The minister claimed it was used to pay subsidy of kerosene. Have you forgotten that Kerosene has been deregulated even before that time. The last of the issue was left by both Diezani and Ngozi as the NNPC illegally spent the money on subsidy that was not existing.

I guess senate got their cut and killed the issue quietly as GEJ wanted it dead and buried.

Photos Of Saraki At Code Of Conduct Tribunal Today / Wike: Aircraft Abandoned By Amaechi In Germany, Retrieved, Repaired And Returned / 2023: Atiku Visits Bukola Saraki

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79