Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,311 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) (27274 Views)

Men’s Sex Organs Are Shrinking Because Of Phthalates Chemicals, Pollution / Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) / Drunk Man Being Transported In A Hilux Van Spotted Urinating In Public (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by Newpride(m): 9:42am On Nov 24, 2018
Great things happen in great countries by great people .

Here in Nigeria, the northern part of the country has turned the region to the base of terrorist.
To them that’s their own invention. To them they’re are laying politics. To them they’re siphoning the federal government. cool
The only dominant thing we hear every day about Nigeria is corruption and terrorism.

Shame on our leaders from 1999 till date shocked

God bless America.

1 Like

Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by greggng: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2018
God forbid it crashes with the kidney
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by Babaj02: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2018
They are always ahead. The giant of the World. America my dream destination

1 Like

Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by lankieman: 9:46am On Nov 24, 2018
Hehehe ...yet in this part of the world the number of roads and potholes a government can fix or patch determines progress and achievement.. grin

1 Like

Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by emmy4lov(m): 9:54am On Nov 24, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Hospitals in the United States of America are beginning to use drones to fly human parts from one hospital to another. A team of scientists from the University of Maryland Baltimore used a kidney as a test subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QeLpokAa8s

I've seen alot of this and I just wonder what happens when a bird accidentally runs into those blades or a human/object is on the it's flights... I think design of drones can be better improved on with their blades covered
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by masterkeydon(m): 9:58am On Nov 24, 2018
Our Nigeria minister of science and Technology is a big coward. He was busy cruising a mere wooden moto (car) during the 2017 science Expo, while our super inventions suffered neglects. It was actually a show of shame and we will forever remain slaves to the evitables if nothing is done to encourage young inventors.
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by bestpunterever: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2018
TechCapon:
I don't know why I always find your posts very funny cheesy
the guy always reasoning like pry 3 pupil.
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2018
The problem with proliferation of the airspace with drones is that one sadistic programmer can hack em and wreak mayhem.

They could be used to transport and detonate explosives, apart from the invasion of privacy issue.

I fear for the world right now, but let's loook to the brighter side.
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by Bstiles4: 10:14am On Nov 24, 2018
.....[code][/code]

Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by kevwemike: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2018
Good morning house pls did any one knows how I can register for National Health Insurance Scheme pls tell me the procedures. Thanks
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by Nature8(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Hospitals in the United States of America are beginning to use drones to fly human parts from one hospital to another. A team of scientists from the University of Maryland Baltimore used a kidney as a test subject. They used the drone to shuffle a kidney back and forth between medical facilities. Using a remotely piloted drone flying at a maximum speed of 42 mph for 3 miles, they were able to successfully fly the kidney to different hospitals.

This is to combat the high cost of transporting organs as well as other challenges such as traffic gridlock, road mishaps, etc. Also another challenge that will be overcome with the use of drones is the time factor. Most times, organ transfer might be needed urgently and the risk of transporting it by road is not worth. The drones are usually controlled with a device with a pre-installed drone app.

Most times, the success of the surgery depends on how fast the organ is able to be transported from the donor to the victim. This drones have solved that problems. The amount of time an organ can spend chilled after removal and when it’s warmed up and the blood supply restored, called cold ischemia time (CIT), is very limited. According to Teslarati The average CIT time is usually CIT is 16-18 hours. However, the use of drones can speed it up and reduce the time to just 8-9 hours.

Not only will drones reduce the time of transportation. The researchers also observed that the kidney experienced less vibrations that it would if it was transported via road. Throughout its travels the kidney maintained a safe temperature and showed no signs of structural changes. Researchers concluded that drone flight didn’t affect biopsy results.

Drone for flying human organs

Not withstanding, there are still some challenges in the use of drones for human organs transport. A clear line of sight is required for drone pilots to see clearly where the drone is going. Thus precluding any major travel distances. Also, as with most aircraft, drones would also be subject to weather constraints. This means is the weather is foggy or rainy, the drone pilot may not have a clear vision of where the drone is going. Despite all these challenges, we at TechCapon believe drones remain the best option for organs transportation. We remain very optimistic as technological developments on the drones are in progress.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/human-organs-are-transported-with-drone/

Nice
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by Dearlord(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2018
In Nigeria this drones will be owned majorly by my AFONJAS & the DEVELOPERS.

We only see the disadvantages in Africa grin
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by julioralph(m): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2018
I don't see any reason why the Nigerian Military cannot purchase, and eventually deploy combat drones against BH in the NorthEast...
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by Roh50(f): 11:45am On Nov 24, 2018
Good one
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by themanderon: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2018
The white man builds and makes the world a better place but sadly what most black men do is to destroy anything they lay their hands on.
Just look around the world today and show me one progressive nation full of blacks despite all the wonderful human and natural resources nature has bestowed upon them. its a pity.
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by Dotman2210(m): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2018
Technology is the future
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by IjebuWarrior: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2018
TechCapon:
I don't know why I always find your posts very funny cheesy

Cuz you be Yaba Left patient.. undecided
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by RCDIY(m): 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2018
And Nigeria is busy placing ban on all UAVs...
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by sulasa07(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2018
Mizik:
Which day will Nigeria move forwardsad
Maybe when Ob,Sa,Me,At,Ti,Ak, and others included die,this country will start moving forward
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by arnold123: 3:19am On Nov 25, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Hospitals in the United States of America are beginning to use drones to fly human parts from one hospital to another. A team of scientists from the University of Maryland Baltimore used a kidney as a test subject. They used the drone to shuffle a kidney back and forth between medical facilities. Using a remotely piloted drone flying at a maximum speed of 42 mph for 3 miles, they were able to successfully fly the kidney to different hospitals.

This is to combat the high cost of transporting organs as well as other challenges such as traffic gridlock, road mishaps, etc. Also another challenge that will be overcome with the use of drones is the time factor. Most times, organ transfer might be needed urgently and the risk of transporting it by road is not worth. The drones are usually controlled with a device with a pre-installed drone app.

Most times, the success of the surgery depends on how fast the organ is able to be transported from the donor to the victim. This drones have solved that problems. The amount of time an organ can spend chilled after removal and when it’s warmed up and the blood supply restored, called cold ischemia time (CIT), is very limited. According to Teslarati The average CIT time is usually CIT is 16-18 hours. However, the use of drones can speed it up and reduce the time to just 8-9 hours.

Not only will drones reduce the time of transportation. The researchers also observed that the kidney experienced less vibrations that it would if it was transported via road. Throughout its travels the kidney maintained a safe temperature and showed no signs of structural changes. Researchers concluded that drone flight didn’t affect biopsy results.

Drone for flying human organs

Not withstanding, there are still some challenges in the use of drones for human organs transport. A clear line of sight is required for drone pilots to see clearly where the drone is going. Thus precluding any major travel distances. Also, as with most aircraft, drones would also be subject to weather constraints. This means is the weather is foggy or rainy, the drone pilot may not have a clear vision of where the drone is going. Despite all these challenges, we at TechCapon believe drones remain the best option for organs transportation. We remain very optimistic as technological developments on the drones are in progress.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/human-organs-are-transported-with-drone/

please, my diicckk stopped working some days ago due to lighting that struck it, i need a drone to fly it to maiduguri for bomb treatment.... Please, any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you very much
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by tck2000(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2020
HsLBroker:
nice development, saving human life is the most paramount thing to do in the world
Re: Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) by tck2000(m): 11:24am On Jan 13, 2020
emmy4lov:

I've seen alot of this and I just wonder what happens when a bird accidentally runs into those blades or a human/object is on the it's flights... I think design of drones can be better improved on with their blades covered
Even helicopters!

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment / How Can One Gain Weight Easily? / Pictures Of Air Pollution From Nembe Waterside Port Harcourt Seen This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.