Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,305 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos (12603 Views)

5 Top Websites To Steal Quality Stock Photos For Absolutely Free / Online Art Galleries - Bringing Art To Your Doorsteps! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by magazineguy(m): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2018
There are several reasons why people like to visit Art Galleries. Some like to invest in valuable Art pieces for money, some like to buy Art for decoration purposes and others just like to marvel at the creativity and immense in the energy it exudes.

Whatever your reasons may be, you do not want to miss out on the fun of visiting Art Galleries when in Lagos City. There are Art Galleries located in different parts of Lagos but mostly concentrated on the Island region.

If you are in Lagos for a short time, and want to know which galleries are the cream of the crop, here are the 5 must visit venues you will find among the best Art Galleries in Lagos.

Nike Art Gallery

With 4 Art Galleries around Nigeria, Mrs. Nike Okundaye is the undisputed master of the gallery world in Nigeria.

You can’t miss the outstanding art inspired architecture of the 3 story building on arrival and with the Lagos gallery being about 10years old, it houses an extensive collection of Art pieces by over 50 Artists. Nike Art Gallery represents only Nigerian Artists and most pieces seen in the gallery tell stories of various Nigerian culture. Visit the gallery and you may be in luck and meet the owner like I did, she always has plenty of stories to tell.

Red Door Art Gallery

This 5 years-old contemporary gallery is a quiet space. The gallery houses a collection of paintings and installations from outstanding Artists like Nengi Omuku, Oma, Adewale and Peju Alatise. The Gallery is also open to hosting specific cocktail events that are in line with the goals of the space.

Art Twenty One

The Art twenty one gallery’s simple and clean design, combined the vastness of the space gives it an impeccable ambiance.

The exhibition “Layers of Time and Place: What Lies Beneath” by Abraham Oghobase, an artistic interpretation of the Artist’s first visit to Jos Nigeria, was on display during my visit.

This 600sqm open space makes it unique amongst other Art Galleries in Lagos, and it is also often used as a space for hosting events.

Rele Gallery

The term cutting-edge doesn’t have much meaning anymore, but if there was any gallery out there that you could say was still pushing the envelope, it would be Rele Gallery.

During my visit, the first thing I experienced walking into Rele Gallery was an ambience that was unusually relaxing, as a result of the music playing, which was a part of the exhibition on display – “Interactions”.

Interactions, which was aimed to offer a fresh perspective on how art can be perceived and engaged with, consisted of installations addressing pertinent contemporary issues of migration, urban development and globalization by the Artists – Obinna Okerekeocha, Patrick Apkojotor and May Okafor.

Thought Pyramid Art Center

Another Gallery with architecture that reflects art and creativity, welcomed into Lagos only in 2017 but already houses a remarkable collection of art pieces from various talented Nigerian and African Artists.

I visited the Gallery on the opening day of the exhibition “October Rain 2018”, a group exhibition by artists under the umbrella body of SNA, Lagos chapter.

One unique feature the gallery possesses is the idea of publishing a catalogue for every exhibition and having them sold within the gallery, for visitors to view past installations that may no longer be available for viewing at the time of visit.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-top-art-galleries-lagos/

cc

lalasticlala, mynd44

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by Ahmed0336(m): 10:57am On Nov 24, 2018
Lovers of Art can as well visit NATIONAL GALLERY OF ARTS national theater Lagos, with stations sprayed across the country.

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by simplemach(m): 10:59am On Nov 24, 2018
Don't even know what to say, I no even see any fine thing for there, only the last pishure fine small. lol

meanwhile, whether next level or not, Jubrin must appear in a debate this time around to tell how he plans to execute his remaining plans.

#JubrinMustDebate
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by Seconsol92(m): 11:00am On Nov 24, 2018
Nice places to be
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by landmark86: 11:00am On Nov 24, 2018
?
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by PhenomenalAustin: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2018
Like for Seun
Share for Lalasticlala
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by IamPlato(m): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2018

But What Is Find About That Second Picture? The Portraits Have Big Nose and Look Like zombies
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by landmark86: 11:03am On Nov 24, 2018
Esie Gallery in Kwara State is still the best in Africa. U'll see wia people are turn to stone

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by HeyCorleone(m): 11:04am On Nov 24, 2018
Do you pay to enter any?
And I've liked the OP to give addresses or what part of Lagos they are.

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by HeyCorleone(m): 11:05am On Nov 24, 2018
landmark86:
Esie Gallery in Kwara State is still the best in Africa. U'll see wia people are turn to stone

Those are soapstone figures rather. A distinct feature of Esie art.
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by Simplecity(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2018
braveboy64:

na by force
ep me ask am othe tin vex me sef
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by ICAMETOWIN(m): 11:21am On Nov 24, 2018
op,you'd do well to add the addresses of the said galleries, can one make purchases there?what's their prices like?
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by Naijawebmaster: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2018
90% of Nigerians don't value ART!
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by iyatrustee(f): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2018
I am wondering how they make money

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by Topmaike007(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2018
this thing na waste if time for naija
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by Topmaike007(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2018
iyatrustee:
I am wondering how they make money
I don't think dey make money
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by Triangles1(m): 11:53am On Nov 24, 2018
You hardly see coment and likes on this thread bcs it's not about Buhari and Biafra, Wizkid and Tiwa, Freeze and the pastors. Naija with irrelevant news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by BERNIMOORE: 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
a
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by iyatrustee(f): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2018
Topmaike007:
So how do they pay rent, pay staff etc? I ask because i know many Nigerians don't value art.
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by chukzyfcbb: 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2018
How about Signature, I see that artworks when I pass through Ikoyi and its beautiful

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by Topmaike007(m): 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2018
iyatrustee:

So how do they pay rent, pay staff etc? I ask because i know many Nigerians don't value art.
but that baffled me
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by DisGuy: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
ICAMETOWIN:
op,you'd do well to add the addresses of the said galleries, can one make purchases there?what's their prices like?

Nike Art Gallery is at Lekki and she has another some minutes away like an art guest house

Very impressive!!!

The prices...
Re: 5 Top Art Galleries In Lagos by nonye6194: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
Topmaike007:

every piece of art in NIKE gallery is for sale.
most cost millions, the rest hundreds of thousands of naira
you can google Nike art gallery website and see for yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Become A Video Editor / Character Design/Animation Challenge / Professional Logo Designer: The Best On Nairaland. Period!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.