Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,519 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess (13301 Views)

Good Private Universities Suggestion / Skills That Every Education Undergraduate Should Possess / Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by Iceprincehkn(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
Cool
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by apholaryn: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2018
Friend01:

Aboki, kai this one na serious magana.
But this will make the child if he is an adolescent quickly fail.
lol..he won't fail o..he go jes dey finish all d Vaseline Fr house quick ni
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by apholaryn: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2018
Shopatcandice:

For kids? Na wa
Don't know about that o
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by MrBONE2(m): 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2018
apholaryn:
for a female tutor.... must be sexy as hell ...boys tends to learn quickly when the teacher is hot asf
grin
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by MrBONE2(m): 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2018
deleib:
i tell u, most parents ain't patient at all. I remember when i was doing home tutor 4 one spoilt kid like that. The dad was like they employed me to instil fear in the child as if i was some military men. Meanwhile this same child, i learnt, used to beat his class teacher back whenever she beats him 4 being 2 sturbborn.
grin
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by Kirinwa: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
If Patience is not there wetin you gain?
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by moneyest(m): 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
crisycent:
Looking for a good home tutor. Must teach secondary school (JSS). Must be very good in mathematics

Where does the client live?
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by Friend01(m): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
apholaryn:
lol..he won't fail o..he go jes dey finish all d Vaseline Fr house quick ni

But like seriously, the way we now sexualize almost everything and anything female is becoming unbecoming.
Na God we dey beg make e rescue us.
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
apholaryn:
for a female tutor.... must be sexy as hell ...boys tends to learn quickly when the teacher is hot asf
Nothing wen dem non go see for nairaland

Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by Clashy(m): 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2018
[quote author=crisycent post=73272640]Looking for a good home tutor. Must teach secondary school (JSS). Must be very good in mathematics [your location]
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by OMNIVIRUS(m): 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
crisycent:
Looking for a good home tutor. Must teach secondary school (JSS). Must be very good in mathematics
you didnt mention location... cause am interested
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by emmyN(m): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
The best quality a home tutor should covet is being able to get into the head of the child, understand his thought and personal learning pattern. In fact, the first meetings should be reserved for this as it would prove helpful in course of the tutorship.

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by finest0007(m): 4:22am On Nov 25, 2018
Patience definitely. From parents who want you to perform magic to students who won't concentrate to many other scenarios. One needs a lot of patience. Some kids can activate your head-knocking ninja self
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by Emmy9ite02(m): 6:31am On Nov 25, 2018
Thanks a lot OP for this. I currently earn close to 80k working 17 hours a week in Private lessons.

The key is to look for high paying clients. People who can pay you 40k a month and it will be like nothing to them. But..

You also have to offer real value. I prepare students for international exams majorly.. SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, GSCE and the likes.. Anyone who has money to send his kid abroad, will have money to pay well.

My plan for the new year is to brand big time! Recruit tutors, give them ID cards and T-shirt, train them and deploy them to parents. It is going to be massive! God help me!

Thanks again OP..

Before I forget, if you are a christian, always pray with the kids before and after the lessons...put the parents in your prayers, you will always gain unmerited favour from them.. This is not conventional but it works like magic.

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by crisycent: 6:53am On Nov 25, 2018
[quote author=Clashy post=73275811][/quote]

Benin
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by khaadykumta: 8:06am On Nov 25, 2018
udoka55555:
most parents are not patient with private tutors...
they expect you to flog their child as they do, so that the children will fear you and listen.
because they are paying huge amount, most times they expect you to finish one textbook in one section and the child should learn everything in one minute.
being a private tutor is too stressful and demanding especially if the parents is not understanding or the student is too playful and stubborn.
Well Said.
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by Theelove(f): 9:44am On Nov 25, 2018
crisycent:

You must be female

hello, I'm a female in Benin who can teach maths very well....I'm also quite affordable... You won't regret it.

Reply my mail please
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by blessedvisky(m): 9:53am On Nov 25, 2018
Emmy9ite02:
Thanks a lot OP for this. I currently earn close to 80k working 17 hours a week in Private lessons.

The key is to look for high paying clients. People who can pay you 40k a month and it will be like nothing to them. But..

You also have to offer real value. I prepare students for international exams majorly.. SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, GSCE and the likes.. Anyone who has money to send his kid abroad, will have money to pay well.

My plan for the new year is to brand big time! Recruit tutors, give them ID cards and T-shirt, train them and deploy them to parents. It is going to be massive! God help me!

Thanks again OP..

Before I forget, if you are a christian, always pray with the kids before and after the lessons...put the parents in your prayers, you will always gain unmerited favour from them.. This is not conventional but it works like magic.

Where are you located
Re: Qualities Every Good Private Tutor Should Possess by mercyland93(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2018
crisycent:

Location wasn't stated. Anyway Ibadan is my place, if u need my service.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Returns Christ’s School To Anglican Church (Photos) / Photos:Abu Best Graduating Student, Al-amin Bags NNPC Post Graduate Scholarship / Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.