Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Matchfinding Algorithm - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Matchfinding Algorithm (1182 Views)

Your Toughest Algorithm / Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project / Algorithm For Solving Systems Of Linear Equations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matchfinding Algorithm by Socratez20(m): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2012
hi peepz, pls i nid ur help. I nid som1 who can write a very complex web robot Algorith 4 a specific task. Its a web robot dat can serve as a matchmaker or match finder 4 ma chat site. Somtin a do wt serious AI( artificial inteligence) i'll aprec8 ur response! Tnx
Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Fayimora(m): 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2012
There is nothing so serious about what you are saying. Take it easy and you would 'fix' your problem. Are you offering a job? if yes then please post a job description.

I only asked because t's not clear if you need help or want to employ someone.

Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Beaf: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
Socratez20: hi peepz, pls i nid ur help. I nid som1 who can write a very complex web robot Algorith 4 a specific task. Its a web robot dat can serve as a matchmaker or match finder 4 ma chat site. Somtin a do wt serious AI( artificial inteligence) i'll aprec8 ur response! Tnx

You either want someone who is conversant with graph theory and its algorithms or you want to read them up yourself.
You want algo's like A-Star, Dijkstra, Boyer Moore etc. It would depend on what you want and how your data is structured.
Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Apr 12, 2012
Socratez20: hi peepz, pls i nid ur help. I nid som1 who can write a very complex web robot Algorith 4 a specific task. Its a web robot dat can serve as a matchmaker or match finder 4 ma chat site. Somtin a do wt serious AI( artificial inteligence) i'll aprec8 ur response! Tnx

I think you would do better to explain what it is you really need help with @Poster. You want a matchmaker or match finder, for what? A chat dating site? Seriously, taking time to explain exactly what you need help with will go a long way in helping us help you.

It is possible that what you need is not as complex as you imagine it ought to be but until you better explain yourself, all one can do is wonder what exactly you need help with.
Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Martin55: 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
It would depend on what you want and how your data is structured.
[img]http://www.dubaa.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
Beaf:

You either want someone who is conversant with graph theory and its algorithms or you want to read them up yourself.
You want algo's like A-Star, Dijkstra, Boyer Moore etc. It would depend on what you want and how your data is structured.

To me, it is not even about Graph Theory.. Graph theory can be used for networking... but in this case, I am looking at pure AI. But to get the real image... Guy let us know what you want to do, what you have done and how you want to do the plug.
Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Beaf: 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2012
tolukosimi:

To me, it is not even about Graph Theory.. Graph theory can be used for networking... but in this case, I am looking at pure AI. But to get the real image... Guy let us know what you want to do, what you have done and how you want to do the plug.

Graph theory fits perfectly to social [b]networking [/b]sites. Facebook, LinkedIn etc run on graphs.
His got a chat site he wants to matchmake on, so I assume it will be done with user profiles, word frequencies etc... Perfect for graphs.
Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Apr 17, 2012
tolukosimi:

Graph theory is more than just about Networks. Your Trees, Data Structures, Maps, etc have to do with Graph Theory. Even your many Algorithms too.

This problem looks like a good Matching problem, a sub-study of Graph Theory. Ever read of the Marriage Problem?
Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Graph theory is more than just about Networks. Your Trees, Data Structures, Maps, etc have to do with Graph Theory. Even your many Algorithms too.

This problem looks like a good Matching problem, a sub-study of Graph Theory. Ever read of the Marriage Problem?

Really, there goes the solution-(part-of)... the Stable Marriage Problem Algorithm. But to me I dont really think this Marriage thing has to do with graph but might be based on graph theory... but some other algos that can be used include Stable roommates problem or National Resident Matching Program depending on your ADT implementation.
Re: Matchfinding Algorithm by Kobojunkie: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2012
tolukosimi:

Really, there goes the solution-(part-of)... the Stable Marriage Problem Algorithm. But to me I dont really think this Marriage thing has to do with graph but might be based on graph theory... but some other algos that can be used include Stable roommates problem or National Resident Matching Program depending on your ADT implementation.

Well, sure you can have any of those. Will not know which is best until we know the problem. But the point I am trying to make is this can be a graph theory problem - finding matches.

(1) (Reply)

Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement / OBIEE Resource Needed. / Help Back Up And Migrate Office 365 Emails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.