Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind (2193 Views)

What are the Things that Man cannot do? (Bible Study) / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / One MAN Cannot Take The Guilt Of All MEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by LordReed(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
budaatum:

We're saying the same thing. According to them, gender can be changed by their say so.

Yes it can. You seem to be falling into the error you accuse the religious of, dogmatic thinking.

If at some point we begin to exchange our limbs for enhanced man made substitutes would you be among those screaming no?
Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by johnydon22(m): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2018
budaatum:

No! Effeminity does not gender make. Semenya is not a man!!

Exactly
Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by johnydon22(m): 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
budaatum:

That vaxx would agree with his own claim that truth is subjective.
Not knowing for truth to be binding it must be absolute.

And the very nature of truth suggests it is absolute or it isn't truth.
Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by vaxx: 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
johnydon22:

what is the very nature of truth?
Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by budaatum: 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
LordReed:

Yes it can. You seem to be falling into the error you accuse the religious of, dogmatic thinking.

If at some point we begin to exchange our limbs for enhanced man made substitutes would you be among those screaming no?
We already change our limbs (including legs, arms, breasts, kidneys etc) for prosthetics, and you don't hear me screaming, though I'm very aware I sound like the religious dogmatic. Hopefully you read where I said it does not bother me much, but that don't mean it would not bother some.

We've had a transgender prisoner sexually assault inmates, and them being assaulted to, which brought up the issue of whether they should be in prisons of their birth genders or new genders. And there's the claims by some that children are being groomed into being transgenders, which if true needs to be guided against.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by budaatum: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
johnydon22:

Unfortunately, apart from things that can be empirically and objectively determined to be true or not, people do make truth up as they go along, and some go as far as claiming lies are truth.
Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by LordReed(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
budaatum:

We already change our limbs (including legs, arms, breasts, kidneys etc) for prosthetics, and you don't hear me screaming, though I'm very aware I sound like the religious dogmatic. Hopefully you read where I said it does not bother me much, but that don't mean it would not bother some.

We've had a transgender prisoner sexually assault inmates, and them being assaulted to, which brought up the issue of whether they should be in prisons of their birth genders or new genders. And there's the claims by some that children are being groomed into being transgenders, which if true needs to be guided against.

If how much people take advantage of their situation is the criteria then what do you propose we do with men? Men make up the overwhelming majority of almost every crime statistic you care to take.
Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by johnydon22(m): 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2018
budaatum:

Unfortunately, apart from things that can be empirically and objectively determined to be true or not, people do make truth up as they go along, and some go as far as claiming lies are truth.
The thing is, because someone says something is a truth doesn't make it so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind by budaatum: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
johnydon22:
The thing is, because someone says something is a truth doesn't make it so.

Well, just so you know. There are some people who claim the truth is according to their say so, regardless of the facts and evidence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Is Humility a Weakness or a Strenth? / Women Wearing Trousers Will Go To Hell? / Be Wise, Touch Not God's Anointed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.