Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,562 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target (17883 Views)

Is It A Goal Or Offside? / Asisat Oshoala Scores A Goal For Liverpool On Her Debut / Is This Goal Or Not.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by 12large: 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
please this is no more a joke, mikel needs to score a goal or a shot on target, how can someone play for 4 seasons in a worldclass clubs and never do attacking moves, people would say he is a dm and he is not expected to score, but thats rubbish, cambiasso scores, van bomell,flecher and many more dms. i mean even if he don't score he should attack contribute something forward do something positive. i was reading 'bbc 606' board and the way mikel was critisized touched me, the kind of insult that they were insulting him was touching they even wanted one brazilian 'ramires' to replace him, not even a skillfull brazilian, but a brazilian that is nicknamed 'blue kenya'. after that i turned into chelsea tv i hear fans calling requesting for a new dm, even a chelsea legend 'kerry dixon' critisized him, he said in quote"if mikel cannot improve hhe should be sold at the end of 2010/11 season" that was touching but i said to myself mikel needs to step up the guy is the best passer of the ball in africa, but he don't use it often, why is he scared even carvalho attacks,j.terry attacks,ash cole and ivanovich attacks, in the whole of chelsea it is only mikel and goal-keeper that never go forward. he has a football brain, but instead he chooses to pass sideways and back pass all the time, let me get stuff right, no matter how i hail ibrahim,okoro, and critisize mikel i have never wished him bad just dissapointed with him, from me 12large to john obi mikel i wish you a good 2010/11 season please obi do something positive, go forward,attack and try to score a goal.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by 12large: 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
is not too late u still have it on you, remember how you played against south africa in abuja
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by boy1(m): 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2010
u r right!i tire 4 d guy.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by dominique(f): 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2010
for once i agree with 12large shocked shocked shocked
his passes are too darn weak, its like he's not interested in moving the ball forward.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by 12large: 12:03am On Jul 28, 2010
we cannot blame mourinho anymore, even if his a dm he can still attack
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by AndreUweh(m): 10:31am On Jul 28, 2010
Michael Obi does not do nairalanding. Go and see him at Chelsea training ground in Cobham.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by chidichris(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2010
the last time i checked, i was told that he who pays the piper dictates the tone.
12large, how will mikel's goal change ur life?
i have told you on more than 20 different occassions that mikel has scored twice for chelsea.
if mikel's coach and those who sign his weekly cheque are happy with his sleeping in the field and if the club made their historic doubles with that, why are u bothering urself?
chelsea allowed players like deco, balletti, ballack and joe cole to leave while mikel remains. are u are coach? if yes, u are a nigerian coach and non of our coaches is a world class.
i think u shld be worried abt ur scattered life. mikel is a well organised man that has employed best of brains to manage his funds for him and u are here worrying abt him.
my dear, tell urself the truth, if ur parents have the opportunity to choose between u and mikel, who will they choose?
how useful are u to urself, ur parents, ur village, lga, state and nigeria as a whole?
if someone employs u tomorrow as an advicer, do u think u will do well? will u like to work as an advicer to mikel?

for once i agree with 12large Shocked Shocked Shocked
his passes are too darn weak, its like he's not interested in moving the ball forward.

@dominique,
the last time i hear a name similar to urs was in south africa 2010 and the owner made a shameful appearance with the french national side. well, since u are related to failure, the choice of agreeing with ur partner in failure (12large) is urs.

the guy mikel has grown above local hatred and irrelevant critics like u. world class players like joe cole, ballack, deco and balletti have all left chelsea but mikel still dey so go and sleep. most of u boys wey dey smoke and weed and drink shekpe, ur reasoning dey always dey different but in all, u need small time off.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by emmalezy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2010
Mikel plays holding role so i cant see y e is going 2 scores lyk lampard and co.
Even makalele scored 1 goal during is time at chelsea,but he has scored 2 scores 4 chelsea so far.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by 12large: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2010
chidicris am sorry but you talk like a useless mallam. mikel needs to score a goal thats the topic wetin concern if i get money with mikel scoring goal. like i said even if he don't score he should contribute something forward how can a player want to be remembered for having the highest sidepas and back pass ever
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by medjai(m): 1:40am On Aug 09, 2010
Mikel wont attack to save his own life. I just checked his statistics, he has had exactly 70 shots in four seasons with Chelsea(premier league only). That's less than 18 shots every season. Some players get more than 18 shots in a game.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by medjai(m): 1:41am On Aug 09, 2010
Mikel wont attack to save his own life. I just checked his statistics, he has had exactly 70 shots in four seasons with Chelsea(premier league only). That's less than 18 shots every season. Some players manage more than 18 shots in a single game.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by chidichris(m): 10:50am On Aug 09, 2010
Mikel wont attack to save his own life. I just checked his statistics, he has had exactly 70 shots in four seasons with Chelsea(premier league only). That's less than 18 shots every season. Some players get more than 18 shots in a game.

@megida,
where did u check the satistics that u mentioned? if it is in chelsea's site, did u not find out that mikel has scored two times for chelsea?
the problem is that most of u are dumb to death.
pls go back to ur satistics and remain there until u find out that mikel has scored twice for chelsea so as to enable u use the right language to tell 12large because he is not in any way understanding my language.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by medjai(m): 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2010
@chidichris
Mikel has scored two goals for Chelsea but he is yet to score a goal in the premier league. The two goals came in his first season and they were in Carling and FA cup matches. Mikel has not scored any other goal since then(2006/2007). 0 goals and 70 shots in 4 seasons(premier league) underscores my point that Mikel offers nothing going up front for Chelsea. It's not enough to win tackles and make side and backpasses, he should also assist the attack. Mikel has the potential to be a midfield general; he can make good tackles, he has good vision and also a good ball distribution. He just needs to step up and be more daring.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by harpo(m): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2010
@12LARGE
this is what we should do, i can see you like this guy so do we all and we want to see him succeed and opt his game, so please we can help him by letting him know through people who have a direct contact, FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, TWITTER etc

Just bombard him daily and frequently with honest opinion, I am doin so riteaway

cheers
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by bobmatek: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
Na by force?
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by matoyeh(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2010
medjai:

@chidichris
Mikel has scored two goals for Chelsea but he is yet to score a goal in the premier league. The two goals came in his first season and they were in Carling and FA cup matches. Mikel has not scored any other goal since then(2006/2007). 0 goals and 70 shots in 4 seasons(premier league) underscores my point that Mikel offers nothing going up front for Chelsea. It's not enough to win tackles and make side and backpasses, he should also assist the attack. Mikel has the potential to be a midfield general; he can make good tackles, he has good vision and also a good ball distribution. He just needs to step up and be more daring.
grin
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by mykali(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2010
seriously, Mikel needs to step up.
with Essien getting back to his best, the incoming of Benayoun and Ramires
that midfield is getting crowded, if he can't up his game, he's gonna be liking the way the bench suits his butt.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2010
Why blame Mikel for not scoring a goal, why not heckle Emile Heskey England's most under-performing striker for over a decade now.

Leave Mikel alone, he play's a position that demands a particular style of play from him, per chance he is faced with the goal-keeper, I amsure he won't miss like Yakubu did
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by McCoy91(m): 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2010
chidichris u are a F.O.O.L. What does Obi's funds have 2 do with his attacking phobia?
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by rewardobi(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2010
@ Poster good thought. But I can tell you here that Mikel has decided to act like Lagbaja the musician. His own identity (Lagbaja's) has been to waste our time with a mask that he never removes. Obi on his own has decided to fight back by getting us guessing by choosing as his identity not to go forward, not to attack and not to score goals. According to him, unless Lagbaja shows his face, Nigerians should continue to put up with him as they are putting up with Lagbaja. It is his own identity! A player who no longer scores!
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by kobikwelu(m): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2010
@topic,

ROTFLMAO!!!!

you guys are here having a heart attack over mikel and he is there collecting his millions,

keep it up
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Ibomade1: 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2010
emmalezy:

Mikel plays holding role so i cant see y e is going 2 scores lyk lampard and co.
Even makalele scored 1 goal during is time at chelsea,but he has scored 2 scores 4 chelsea so far.

Gbam
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Ben13: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
Lol. . .mikel score a goal pls, poster is almost having a heart attack. cry
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by sley4life(m): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2010
I agree. Mikel needs 2 step up. We shuldnt use eg like Makelele 2 compare mikel. So what u mean is supporting a player like Yakubu who missed a goal dat my blind granny wuld  convert. Mikel was a treat to teams defence while he was still in the tutelage of Sia1. But now he either hangs d ball over the bar. Or stop an attacking move by passing the ball to the goal keeper.Eg against Man city last season that resulted to the goal against Chelsea. I wuld wish him the best of luck & I hope he is converted to an attacking player. The next penalty chelsea will have shuld b given to Mikel to @ least register his name in scorers sheet in the premiership(not carling cup or FA)
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by kilakhan(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2010
I do agree that Mikel should improve his shooting as that will improve his overall game but that aside I see nothing wrong with the way he plays and apparently neither do his coaches. If he was as useless as some people try and make him out to be I am sure Chelsea would have let him go. Chelsea besides being a football team is also a business and I doubt that oyibo people being the pragmatic businessmen they are will hold on to an underperforming Mikel. He must be doing something right after all the same team let go of Joe Cole an established English international at that!
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by ollypass: 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2010
in the final analysis if ancelotti is really pissed with his style of play and he is not playing according to the coaches instruction then he will only have himself (and the bench) to blame, but if he is i would advice you all to stop taking paracetamol for another mans headache! (remember he was praised for sitting in credibly for essien for the better part of the double winning season.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by chyket(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2010
IT IS A SHAME THAT PEOPLE SPEND MORE TIME CRITICISING THE FEW NIGERIANS ABROAD WHO ARE POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO OUR IMAGE THAN THEY SPEND ON IMPROVING THEIR PERSONAL FORTUNE.
MIKEL I AM SURE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW YOU EXIST AND YOU ARE HERE PLAYING HIS COACH,GO AND GET A LIFE MAN!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by teskyg: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2010
Some guys are so dumb, Mikel has played under world class coaches,Mourinho,Scolari , Ancelloti etc,and you think he is not good enough for Chelsea.How many Goals have Makalele,Lasana Diara,M.Diara scored?Even those DM that surge forward,how many Goals have they scored?What of Gatuso, i will keep mentioning names, Please understand that ,that is his pattern, wake up,
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by aieromon(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2010
grin grin grin
Why am i laughing?The fool comes over to play for Nigeria and you throw the No. 10 jersey on his shoulders.That's worse than his goal drought in the Premiership.Essien,please don't get yourself injured this season so we can all see the crap Mikel is made of.Watching yesterday's Community Shield showed the weakness of Nigeria's next Jay-Jay Okocha undecided
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Parnassuss(m): 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2010
Chia una wan kill person with laugh.  cheesy
mykali:

seriously, Mikel needs to step up.
with Essien getting back to his best, the incoming of Benayoun and Ramires
that midfield is getting crowded, if he can't up his game, he's gonna be liking the way the bench suits his butt.

Two things: if the peeps at Chelsea are really not plsed with him them they'll dump his ass soon, but if they ain't, he'll stay. Talking about it doesn't help matters in any way I can see, but I want him out of that  club. A place like Tottenham or Athletico will do him miracles.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by PurestBoy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2010
Chidicris is the greatest eediot I've ever known on nairaland. How is that Mikel's worth is driving this man crazy, Even people criticise CR9 when he underperforms, Mikel is really making this man go mad. Nobody hates Mikel all we just want is that he improves, You're a Ba.stard if u don't insult me in return
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2010
I honestly agree with 12large here, for the first time.
It's no longer funny. Zero goal in 4 seasons, even for a defender, is a bad record.

But is own goal also allowed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Players Who Are Eligible To Play For Nigeria Super Eagles / Adidas Terminates Contract With NFF / Heartland Players Block Okorocha’s Convoy Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.