Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target (17899 Views)

Is It A Goal Or Offside? / Asisat Oshoala Scores A Goal For Liverpool On Her Debut / Is This Goal Or Not.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by dayokanu(m): 5:02am On Aug 10, 2010
Makelele played 144 games for Chelsea, Mikel has 110 games for Chelsea according to wikipedia
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Ranoscky(m): 6:55am On Aug 10, 2010
grin grin grin
wen i 1st saw dis topic i JCSL grin Y? b'cos, i was already on high expectations to read about what Chidichris would comment! Chidi, im enjoyin ur analysis so far buh pls, do me a favour, try focusin more on d topic n forget about mikels wealth. nobody hia is askin him for money, buh, an upgrade on his style of play ie movin forward with d ball, attempt on goals scorin etc. To me, i have no problem with his (mykel) style of play, so long as my CM'er is well creative in his position with my strikers well fed with d ball up front, n my wingers doin a good job back n forth down d flank den, i'll advice mykel to remain in his position n finish d dirty job for me in d DM. I would allow him to move forward for goal scorin if only we'r a goal down, n tym is nomore on our syd, just lyk goal keeper's run to dia opponents post wen dey have an injury tym corner kick!
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Akosbaba(m): 6:56am On Aug 10, 2010
See wetin mourinho cause,from the best attacking threat at wyc 2005 to the least attacking oriented midfielder in the premiership.players should be careful when changing clubs.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by CConcept1: 7:05am On Aug 10, 2010
C. Concept (Dubai, UAE)
( A Division of Master Biggs Trading LLC. Dubai)

C. Concept is an Advertising, Printing & Gift Items Suppling company, established in 2008 and has grown steadily in business and print capacity ever since. We work towards quality assurance to gain customer satisfaction. Quality control is practised at every stage of production including shipment to the final destination, instilling awareness of quality among all members.

Our Services: Creative Designing, Offset Printing Jobs, Catalogue, Stickers & Labels, Brochures & Magazines, T-Shirts & Caps, All Gift Items, & Wedding Cards.

C. Concept helps customers to get their Gift Items in bulk at cheaper rates here in Dubai, then print on it and send it to the final destination without any stress.

For Enquiries Please contact:
Tel: +971 55 336 5164
Mobile: +971 50 959 1546
Email: shagrykreative@yahoo.com
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by 12large: 7:09am On Aug 10, 2010
chidicris na typica igbo man. people dey talk about football the guy dey talk about money. did guy ask one of the funniest question on nairaland chidicris question to one forumer
"be honest if they ask your father who he would pick between you and mikel he would choose mikel" chidicris am sorry but your a goat to ask that question so you think money is everything
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by marcus1234: 8:58am On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by andyanders: 9:09am On Aug 10, 2010
To me, Mikel’s move to Chelsea, killed his improvement. Rather Morinho used him as a defensive midfielder instead of attacking Midfielder that he was known to be.
If you look at Mikel’s playing pattern closely, he lacks speed, scared whenever he is with the ball as you can see him just move the ball immediately the ball gets to him and also shy away from goal mouth. He cannot hold the ball. He could be good in having to marshal the midfield as any of his misses at the back with players like Ronaldo, who got speed, could lead to his opponents to score against his team. Mikel is doing good with Chelsea because he got Lampard and Terry behind him. He could have improved better if he had signed for Man U.

Samson Sisia, played him well and brought out Mikel as a good attacking Midfielder, but because he later signed for Chelsea who already got good midfielders, they decided to try to get him play another role. After Chelsea trained him as a defensive midfielder, nothing good as far as I am concerned has come from the Youngman. I love him as a young man and a good footballer but something needs to be done with him, only if he goes to another club like Man U where Fergusson can mold him to a better player. I think it was because of monetary gain and his manager who used him to achieve their goal. I wish him the best.
[i][/i][b][/b]
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by omar22(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2010
andyanders

Makalele went from Auxerre or Nantes as an Attacking player to Celta Vigo then he became a holding player, does he regret the transition? Mikel was pushed into a deeper role because he had what Makalele never had, which is ball retention and a bigger physique, Jose wanted someone who would bring the ball out without lumping it up to drogba,

However he played in U21 is irrelevant, players position changes in their 20's
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by MUZBO(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2010
maybe the guy should even score an own goal sef. . . Haba!! Me too I tire o
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by haboosa(m): 10:17am On Aug 10, 2010
@ Jarus, dont worry he will score an home goal soon grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by jesujuwon: 11:10am On Aug 10, 2010
I think some have really spoken well, many that criticize wish him. We all need to see Mikel in the Under 21 with Siasia, he was agreat mover of the ball and still doing some defending shifting, so pls LET IM JUST TRY AND IMPROVE ON HIS ATTACKING
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Kennyblues(m): 11:16am On Aug 10, 2010
He will definitely score when he is opportuned
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by deb(m): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2010
chidicris am sorry but you talk like a useless mallam. mikel needs to score a goal thats the topic wetin concern if i get money with mikel scoring goal. like i said even if he don't score he should contribute something forward[b] how can a player want to be remembered for having the highest sidepas and back pass ever
[/b]

Big LOL  cheesy I can't agree with you less
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Ranoscky(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2010
@Jesujuwon, I lyk d statement u made on capital letter.

@andyanders, mykel need's nobody to mold him again, he has got every down fuckin thing dat a player needs to be. all he need is just an improvement on attack. try pushin forward! (tho, i stil lyk his style of play anyway)
N mind u, Kolo toure came to arsenal as a striker, buh no need to tel u his current position now b'cos, u already know. so changin a players position doesn't matter's alot buh, an improvement to it. Malouda has once played on a left full back position wen Ashley cole was injured, n he played just fine on dat day, as if dat was his normal position. so, if d performance of d player suits d coach, he can use d player in dat position parmanently.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by vinmol: 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2010
please Seun, i think you should send chidichris a warning note, his uncivilised manner is getting out of hand!
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by AZeD1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2010
@ chidichris, its cos of people like u that mikel will remain an ok player and would never improve.
Great players take risk, ok players like mikel are happy 2 be where they are and never improve, besides who says because u r a dm u should not contribute to the attack of ur team? Xavi Alonso sits in front of the defence but his attackin play is superb, so also is maicon, alves, evra, kolo toure, eboue(all defenders), so if someone suggests mikel should score, the person doesnt hate him, he just wants he to step up his game,
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by nomoreface: 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2010
andyanders:

To me, Mikel’s move to Chelsea, killed his improvement. Rather Morinho used him as a defensive midfielder instead of attacking Midfielder that he was known to be.
If you look at Mikel’s playing pattern closely, he lacks speed, scared whenever he is with the ball as you can see him just move the ball immediately the ball gets to him and also shy away from goal mouth. He cannot hold the ball. He could be good in having to marshal the midfield as any of his misses at the back with players like Ronaldo, who got speed, could lead to his opponents to score against his team. Mikel is doing good with Chelsea because he got Lampard and Terry behind him. He could have improved better if he had signed for Man U.

Samson Sisia, played him well and brought out Mikel as a good attacking Midfielder, but because he later signed for Chelsea who already got good midfielders, they decided to try to get him play another role. After Chelsea trained him as a defensive midfielder, nothing good as far as I am concerned has come from the Youngman. I love him as a young man and a good footballer but something needs to be done with him, only if he goes to another club like Man U where Fergusson can mold him to a better player. I think it was because of monetary gain and his manager who used him to achieve their goal. I wish him the best.
[i][/i][b][/b]

Let me guess, u are a senior analyst at HITV. This your analysis just reminded me of the dark days of the Premiership.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by 12large: 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2010
nomoface that is an old story. like i said we cannot blame mourinho anymore, even if mikel plays as a dm he should do more than sideways and backpass. against united minus one long pass to kalou and anelka, all mikel did was to pass the ball back to who ever gave it to him. thats not mourinho fault
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by sultan003(m): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Borat1: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
You guys are focusing on the "score a goal aspect", while neglecting the other
Mikel obi cannot shoot on target from the penalty spot sad
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by chiscopump: 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hmmmmmm, i think you guyz will not kill urself on this issue, either he score a goal or not the boy is making his money
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by chidichris(m): 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2010
wen i 1st saw dis topic i JCSL  Grin  Y? b'cos, i was already on high expectations to read about what Chidichris would comment! Chidi, im enjoyin your analysis so far buh pls, do me a favour, try focusin more on d topic n forget about mikels wealth. nobody hia is askin him for money, buh, an upgrade on his style of play ie movin forward with d ball, attempt on goals scorin etc. To me, i have no problem with his (mykel) style of play, so long as my CM'er is well creative in his position with my strikers well fed with d ball up front, n my wingers doin a good job back n forth down d flank den, i'll advice mykel to remain in his position n finish d dirty job for me in d DM. I would allow him to move forward for goal scorin if only we'r a goal down, n tym is nomore on our syd, just lyk goal keeper's run to dia opponents post wen dey have an injury tym corner kick!

@Ranoscky,
it is really unfortunate that i have to say this. nigerians know little or nothing abt football and if a nigerian says a player is good, others will say otherwise.
look at jay jay okocha, he was the most important footballer that nigerians know yet he never played in any good team. nobody recognised kanu the way okocha was recognised yet kanu played in the best teams.
mikel is a chelsea team for 5 seasons and the chelsea we all know does not compromise. if mikel has played under mourinho, grant, hiddink, scolari and now ancelloti, will it not be an act of foolishness for road side traders to condem a player that has been accepted by these world class coaches?
you sound like the wisest man on earth but u never stop for once to ask urself wat these caoches see in him(mikel).
mikel was a vital part of the chelsea team that broke history in epl when the scored 105 goals in epl. if chelsea pays the bill of this man, i think they stand a better chance is telling him what they want.
i discuss wealth bcs that is why mikel is in epl. i discuss wealth bcs 99.9999% of players in epl are there to make money.
u can only discuss anyone who is doing well and anyone doing well must be rich but u can prove me wrong by linking me to any poor man on the news or that enjoys this kind of popularity.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Goldenmeda(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
Mikel is a dm, as 4 dm we dont need goal's frm him, all we need frm him is to distribute ball, as u can all see he is just improving. Mourinho once said dat he dosen't need goal's frm mikel dat all he need frm him is to distribute a good pass, so if he score goal's it is luck and dat type of goals can be frm corner or pk so just leave dis guy alone & let him do wat he lik to do best. We can not xpect goal's frm everybody because everybody can not be a striker in a match or team, and for ur info if he is not capable to hold his position he will not be on starting XI.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by xJaysonx(m): 1:13am On Aug 11, 2010
*Agrees wiv thread starter.

Dude askin if mikelz goal wud change sum1z lyf should av a re-think coz ur way off point.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by chidichris(m): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2010
*Agrees wiv thread starter.

Dude askin if mikelz goal wud change sum1z lyf should av a re-think coz your way off point.

@x Jayson x,
who among u all here is qualified to dictate for mikel or decide what mikel does on the pitch?
how many nigerians are in english league? how many of them are more stable in their teams than mikel?
who among the nigerian players is scoring goals even among the strikers? how many threads on this forum are designed to praise our players and how many are designed to write them off?
saddists are those who do not find anything good in other ppl's lives and they do not rejoice with successful ppl rather they celebrate other ppl's failures. watch ur steps b4 u turn urself into one.
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Kennyblues(m): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2010
chidichris:

@x Jayson x,
who among u all here is qualified to dictate for mikel or decide what mikel does on the pitch?
how many nigerians are in english league? how many of them are more stable in their teams than mikel?
who among the nigerian players is scoring goals even among the strikers? how many threads on this forum are designed to praise our players and how many are designed to write them off?
saddists are those who do not find anything good in other ppl's lives and they do not rejoice with successful ppl rather they celebrate other ppl's failures. watch your steps b4 u turn urself into one.

Gbam cheesy cheesy

You have said it all grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by 12large: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2010
abeg chidicris shut up. which saddist. why are saddist not mad at ike uche or why where we not mad at yekini,okocha. abeg mikel needs to step up chelsea just bought ramirez and after watching him today against usa mikel is really lucky the ramirez guy no sabi football at all
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by Ranoscky(m): 11:03am On Aug 11, 2010
@Chidi,
Do u think i hate mykel or what? did u read my PREVIOUS post comment? Should incsae u don't know, let me make it clear to u now "mykel is MY best Nigeria player at d moment". I'm an arsenal fan while mykel is a chelsea player buh dat doesn't mean i should dislyk him b'cos he's not an arsenal player. I lyk his style of play. He play's a real profesional football n also play's amongs top professional players in d world, n dat tells how good n creative he is in d round leather object buh, sayin a player should try n improve his style of play by movin forward with d ball, n tryin shot's on target doesn't mean d player is not good enough/ not doin a good job in his club or, his performances r not impressive to d coach n others watchin him. Even top professional players in other clubs r somtym's told to improve on dia performances, n dey'll all do as told. It's for d benefit of dia future career n nottin else. I just couldn't figure-out y u saw it as hatred or dislyk on other peeps askin mykel to upgrade his style of play. About 3days ago, i was watchin an interview from Ibrahamovic. Wen d press asked him his taught about morinho's arival to madrid, he said dia coach "Pep Gardiola" has urged every player to improve dis season b'cos dey all know dat it's never gon be an easy task. N he also said he has been workin so HARD in trainin to be in shape n ready for d season! So by brov, don't see it as hatred or dislyk, if u read my previous comment, u'll know what i'm talkin about k? i don't analys sentiment in football, i say it d way it is or, d way it's surpose to be, cheers!
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by 12large: 11:06am On Aug 11, 2010
ranosky if mikel is your nigeria best player right now you need to check your head well
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by deb(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2010
~Borat~:

You guys are focusing on the "score a goal aspect", while neglecting the other
Mikel obi cannot shoot on target from the penalty spot sad

HAAAAAAAA LOL cheesy Mikel is finished! And sadly you are right.
See what Mourinho has done?
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by chelseabmw(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2010
lol. . . . . . . . , . . . .Please u guys should leave my mikel alone. Abeg abeg abeg abeg
Re: Mikel Obi Please Score A Goal Or Shoot On Target by chidichris(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Chidi,
Do u think i hate mykel or what? did u read my PREVIOUS post comment? Should incsae u don't know, let me make it clear to u now "mykel is MY best Nigeria player at d moment". I'm an arsenal fan while mykel is a chelsea player buh dat doesn't mean i should dislyk him b'cos he's not an arsenal player. I lyk his style of play. He play's a real profesional football n also play's amongs top professional players in d world, n dat tells how good n creative he is in d round leather object buh, sayin a player should try n improve his style of play by movin forward with d ball, n tryin shot's on target doesn't mean d player is not good enough/ not doin a good job in his club or, his performances r not impressive to d coach n others watchin him. Even top professional players in other clubs r somtym's told to improve on dia performances, n dey'll all do as told. It's for d benefit of dia future career n nottin else. I just couldn't figure-out y u saw it as hatred or dislyk on other peeps askin mykel to upgrade his style of play. About 3days ago, i was watchin an interview from Ibrahamovic. Wen d press asked him his taught about morinho's arival to madrid, he said dia coach "Pep Gardiola" has urged every player to improve dis season b'cos dey all know dat it's never gon be an easy task. N he also said he has been workin so HARD in trainin to be in shape n ready for d season! So by brov, don't see it as hatred or dislyk, if u read my previous comment, u'll know what i'm talkin about k? i don't analys sentiment in football, i say it d way it is or, d way it's surpose to be, cheers!

@Ranoscky,
in arsenal, who says where a player plays and how he plays? his countrymen or his coach? from mourinho to grant to scolari down to hiddink and now ancelloti mikel has been there and non of this coaches have considered selling mikel because he is not scoring a goal so do u think u and 12large have a better knowledge of the round leather than the afore mentioned world class coaches. on the other hand, is it not a generally accepted thing that he who pays the piper dictates the tone? mikel's partern of football is more of a distablizing machine and a tempo killer when the oponents are on attack.
at that level, it is no longer a school children football. every coach has a partern and players are bound to play to instruction and that instruction is not from 12large but from the coach.
since the arrieval of ancelloti, we see chelsea with flows and scoring goals like in handball games yet the same group of players with which hiddink and mourinho will score one goal and frustrate u with a water tight defence. in arsenal today, everybody goes for goal and thereby pay less attention to their defence and in the last 5 seasons, we all know what that has earned them.
if u know patrick viera of the arsenal days, u will always see mikel.
how come among all nigerian players, it is only mikel that his topics full this forum? will all these noise abt mikel stop when he scores like drogba? do u know that if mikel goes to a club like arsenal, he will score more goals than nigerian strikers?
a thread topic was started here that mikel is in trouble with the signing of ramirez only for me to see 12large now saying mikel is lucky bcs ramirez does not know how to play ball.
if i may ask, if 12large a specialist or a mikel analysts or is mikel his father or uncle?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heartland Players Block Okorocha’s Convoy Over Unpaid Salaries / Adidas Terminates Contract With NFF / Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.